20 Game Evaluation

Kiyaman

Legend
8/20 games we've been down 20+
Eight blowouts. We've only played 20 games and we've been BLOWN OUT by 20+ in eight of them standing with a 6-14 record.

Pathetic

Look at our first, second, and third Court Leaders (they dont co-exist)
1) Marbury
2) Q.Richardson
3) Crawford
4) They are not Complimentary Leaders toward their teammates talents

Look at our design offense/defense plays
1) one on one halfcourt offense
2) man to man defense

Look at our Starters
1) Marbury (bad decision making)
2) Crawford (bad decision making, scared of contact)
3) Q.Richardson (The worst starter, need to be replaced)
4) Zach (lazy without any concept of defense)
5) Curry (Who? a discredit to all Bigmen)

Look at the rotation
1) No comunication
2) No co-existing
3) No Team structure
4) No planned play advised for opponents weakness
5) No Team-Defense
6) A halfcourt offensive system team that scores at 39% on "One on One" streetball plays.

Look at the reaction of the Head Coach and his coaching staff during this 6-14 record, they seem satisfied with the progress of this team.

TJ.

Rookie
In order to correctly evaluate how this team is going so far I believe you need to look at both on court and off court issues.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
This is true, but Isiah needs to start benching people and not worry about reprecussions. A coach is supposed to be in control of his players...Isiah has lost that control...now it's going to take a minute to get that control back because L's only sour the situation while Ws cures all...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think this is the 3rd thread to bring up that article, I loved it. Thats the lineup that the knicks need to go with cuz it brings a balance of scoring and defense.

Marbury
Fred Jones
Balkmen
Lee
Zach

Randolph sucks, but hes better then Curry. The get defense from Jones, Balkmen and Marbury, 3 players who can actually do a good job of staying in front of their opponent and not allowin them to get right to the rim. I say right to the rim because once you get past crawford or q-rich, zach lee and curry dont do much besides watch. Lee is probably the best defensively of these 3, but to say hes an average defender is probably givin him too much credit. Hes not a poor defender like Curry and Z-slow.

Kiyaman

Legend
We (Knicks) are 6-15 headed into Chicago to play the 7-13 Bulls.
Los Vegas outcome is the Bulls by 5.

Knick-Fans are so down right now that they are disappointingly angry about the Season Opener of having Curry & Zach to lead them to the Postseason Games. They are saying that Zach Randolph is much better than Eddy Curry.
When Knick-Fans take a look at the New Young Portland TrailBlazzers without Zach, they will see the Blazers Standings are at a 10-12 record with a 5 game WINNING Streak.

Both Curry & Zach have the same Problem.
They dont work well with their Frontcourt Teammates on positions or time the space they could cover with their teammates on offense or defense.
When you time your position space you know when your completely covered or when your not, or what teammate defender should be close to you, or what teammate should be in back of you to add help defense.
Having your SF (Q.Rich) and your PG (Marbury) defenders always near the paint on an offensive low post play designed for the C or PF does not help the "one on one" play down low.

Both Marbury & Crawford have the same Problem.
They both dribble the ball one-two many dribbles before they pass the ball, plus all their passes are televised by using two-hands to pass the ball.
They both should be leading the league with inaccurate passes when they throw a one-hand pass that ussually lead to a turnover.
The two dont have a first-step move to out beat any of their defenders, and it look like they never practice their dribble jumpshot move averaging 38% on FGA.

The above Four Knick Players had these same PROBLEMS on their previous teams.
So trading for these high price players mean you have to have a good "Coaching-Staff" that will correct these problems, or eliminate or add on certain Talents & Skillz to each individual player to best fit within this Knick roster (with their teammates talents & skillz).

What we Knick-Fans been watching for the last 4 seasons with the Knicks are every new individual player that comes to the Knicks by way of trade, the Knick-Team had to change-up to "Fit-In" with this "one new individual" players talents & skillz. When it supposed to be the New Player changing his style of play to "Fit-In" and add-on to the Knicks style of play.

You could recall this happening with the trade for: Marbury & Penny, Tim Thomas, Baker, Crawford, Q.Richardson, Curry & Davis, Jalen Rose & Francis, and now Zach Randolph.
When is the Knicks Head Coach and his Coaching-Staff going to "Design an Offense & Defense Plan" to play too (and stick with it untill each player buy into it.) ...

jzero29

Rotation player
TnT time!

about 1/4 into the season, i say blow it up. Tear apart this abomination Isiah calls a team. Something needs to be done!!!!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
An article by Peter Vecsey says that the players want Isiah gone as well and that many of them are asking to be traded. Normally I would consider anything said by Peter Vecsey to be worth a pinch of sh*t, but I am inclined to believe this quote:

I don't know how to say this so I guess I'll just write the truth: Everybody, from the players to male secretary Jonathan Supranowitz, want Thomas to lose. He has united your organization against him.

Only players owning guaranteed mega-million contracts dare show it - on a nightly basis. They do not want to play for him. Many, I'm told, have asked, demanded and screamed to be traded at assistants in the dressing room after looses.

Malik Rose is on the record as wanting out. Quentin Richardson, David Lee and Eddy Curry also are begging to be gone.

The good news is, Nate Robinson, I'm informed, has spewed, too, a desire to distance himself from the insane asylum run by Nurse Ratched, er, Thomas. Who wouldn't want such an inventive maker of plays? No matter how well he's covered, IncrimiNate is always able to find himself open for a shot.

How depressing have the Knicks become? The other night a player told me Curry was moaning on the bench, "Get me out of here. Please get me out of here."

Hey, I've got an idea: Fire Isiah instead.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12142007/sports/knicks/time_to_fire_isiah_380074.htm

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Yea, fire Isiah. Lets fire his Ass, why does Peter Vescey keep shittin on Nate, or incrimiNate? How about shittin on Crawford and Curry?

Im not sure if I believe this but thats an interesting article. No matter what the circumstances are, some of these players should never complain about anything with the money they make.