Rank Isiah's moves: Worst to least worst

metrocard

Legend
untitled.jpg

Get to pick.

I'll rank mine

Numbero Uno
Drafting Frye over Bynum
-Bynum was atheletic 7 foot phenom from HS who was mobile and has tremendous wingspan. Frye was a soft college 6"11 modified Brian Cook player who's late first round material.

Numbero Dos
Investing so much in Curry
-Curry was a 13 ppg 4-5 rebound player in Chicago. What sane man would put the franchise on Curry's back; knowing Curry doesn't have the tools to lead a franchise? We also gave up Default
Tim Thomas
Micheal Sweetney
Jermaine Jackson
LeMArcus Aldrige(#2 draft pick of 2006) - Averaging 18 and 7(75% FT, 53%FG)
Joakim Noah(Number 9 draft pick of 2007) - Rookie that would fill our defensive woes
Kyrlo Fesenko(number 38 draft pick of 2007) - 20 year old 7"1 286 center from Ukraine, has a lot of skill and ability.
2009 second round pick

For Curry, Davis Disgusting.

Numbero Tres
Francancer
-Dropping a huge expiring contract in Penny Hardway's and trading away our best defender for a 6 foot combo guard who plays like a headless chicken.

Numbero Cuatro
Burger King James
-Who signs a 31 year old 3rd string center to 5 years for so much money? If we were looking for a center, James has never been starting material for most of his career;except in a playoff run with Seattle

Numbero Cinco
Trading for Crawful
We gave up an elite defensive center in Mutumbo for Crawford and his ugly contract. We also got killed in cap space here too. Frank Williams was a good defensive PG also. I know Crawford is 17 ppg, but defense > a streaky 17 ppg.

Numbero Seis
Keith Van Horn and Ronny Turiaf(number 37 pick) for Tim Thomas and Nazr Mohammed
-Didn't Van Horn have less years on his contract? Van Horn was playing good with Marbury too and is better than TT. Turiaf>>>>> Nazr

Numbero Siete
Trading Kurt Thomas for Q-Brick and little Nate
-Hated this deal. Still hate it. When was the last time we had defense in the POST? Kurt Thomas was a top 5 defender at his position, and was a prime role player for us. He also had a shorter more manageable contract and we also lost a draft pick. I would of liked this deal if drafted Marcus Williams or Jarett Jack.

-Signing Kurt Thomas to a 4 year deal: WTF was that all about? I loved Kurt, but the dude was getting old and we already had cap problems at the time. Once again Isiah showing no regard or love for cap space.

Numbero Ocho
Signing Jefferies to a Jerome James like deal
-lol

Randolph deal is looking ugly now, and why the hell did we trade for Maurice Taylor?

LMAO, remember Vin Baker?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
  1. Isiah suckin Dolan off daily to keep his job
  2. Trade for Eddy Curry: Isiah gave up some high draft picks that couldve had the Knicks back on the road to success instead of having a Center who is a fat piece of shit and a cancer to this team. Curry belongs coming off the bench and Isiah should be shot for sayin that EC is the franchise player.
  3. Trade for Steve Francis: Gave up expiring contract and young, talented Trevor Ariza. Luckily, they were able to find 2 players who are similar to Ariza (Balkmen and Chandler), but they didnt need Francis and now they dont need Zach. Zach has made the team worse and its just more money that has to be paid.
  4. Trade for Jamal Crawford: Its not so much the players he gave up, but the player he got. Crawford is another cancer like Curry. He also belongs coming off the bench because of his lack of effort on defense, turnovers, and low shooting percentages
  5. Drafting Frye over Bynum: Could of had a center who contributes on both ends of the floor and who will someday soon be an all-star

The next 2 would be Kurt Thomas deal (if they had Bynum, deal would not be as bad) and the Jared Jeffries-Jerome James signings.

NYK 33 TaVe

Benchwarmer
1.Signing Jerome James to the max MLE
2.Signing Jared Jeffries

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Jerome James is a joke and whenever I have court side tickets I always yell at him when he is sitting on his ass on the bench. Worst pick-up in knicks history.

Also dropping Demitrius Nichols, that man had a damn good future ahead of him a 6'6 guard who can shoot WOULD of fit perfectly in New York...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Excellent thread, metrocard. Here's my list:

Ranked from worst to least worst
1) Trading for Eddy Curry
The Knicks gave up 2 first round picks, including the second overall pick in the 2006 draft. The Knicks lost Lamarcus Aldridge, as a result of this trade.
We also lost Tim Thomas(a decent shooter).

2) Signing Jerome James

2) Trading for Quentin Richardson:
The Knicks gave away Kurt Thomas(who was averaging 11 points and 10 rebounds, to go along with 1 block, at the time). Richardson averaged 8 points on 35% shooting last season.

2) Trading for Malik Rose:
The Knicks lost Nazr Mohammad(who averaged 10 points, 8 rebounds, and 1 block at the time)

2) Signing Jared Jeffries

Trading for Curry was the worst trade, and all the other ones are tied for being just as bad.

The Zach Randolph trade was bad, but the reason why I didn't include it is because Zach Randolph turned out to be a better player than Curry, and because he made the playoffs with Portland, and he's one of the few players on this team that has actually played on a winning team. However, the Knicks didn't need Randolph when they traded for him, and he is overpaid.

LeFlume

All Star
Trading for Stephon Marbury was the beginning of the end. I remember how happy I was when he pulled it off. Little did I know...

The Steph trade was his best and his worst. He gave us hope then and there, we all how it turned out. But when he got us Steph..I thought. WoW...:boohoo:

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
After reading metrocards top thread... I laughed so hard I fell out of my chair... Then I read it again and hurled all over my comp... Talk about Dark Days.... Yikes.. Great thread man!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Trading for Stephon Marbury was the beginning of the end. I remember how happy I was when he pulled it off. Little did I know...

The Steph trade was his best and his worst. He gave us hope then and there, we all how it turned out. But when he got us Steph..I thought. WoW...:boohoo:

Starbury had no help