Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official Boxing Thread

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

CARLOS QUINTANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quintana Wins 116-112
    VIVA PR PUNETA!!!

Yesssssssssssssss, Another Boricua Champion...all the Paul William nut huggers, RIP!!!

Paul Williams doesn't know how to punch, he slaps. His defense is the ugliest I ever seen, I could knock his lanky ass out. He has no accuracy or power. What the hell is a 164 welterweight? Williams doesn't know how to use his physical advance and lacks technique and skill. Quintana proved he's the superior boxer by destroyed both the left and right eye of Williams. He's back in the welter weight race with Mayweather, Cotto, and Cintron. To the idiots who thought Cotto couldn't "handle" Williams, LMAO. Quintana is the TRUTH and Williams got exposed; Cotto destroyed Quintana. Cotto is a monster and no one is on his level and has dominated everyone; Mayweather needs to step up and fight him.
    Hype Train: Derailed
    So, we learned a few things from this fight:
    1) Quintana is as good his record suggests.
    2) Cotto is an animal.
    I'm glad I stand right once again; where the doubters have their head in a pile of ****. I love this feeling; time to get the henny and call wifey, Sunday is party all day; **** work.

12th man

PR owns 75% of Welterweight division's belts.

Just an island of 3.8 million people.

Quintana is the third man that became World Champion after being brutally defeated by Cotto. This talks a lot about the greatness of Cotto. Cotto defeated Torres and Torres is now a 140 champ. Cotto defeated Malignaggi and Malignaggi is now a 140 champ. Cotto defeated Quintana and Quintana is now a 147 champ.

Mayweather, please don't run anymore, you know that your only menace is Miguel Cotto. After this fight happens (Cotto will defeat Mayweather 116-112 or by late KO), Cotto will be the #1 p4p boxer in the world.
    Last edited by metrocard; Feb 10, 2008 at 00:54.

12th man

This is not the first time in boxing that PR has multiple champs in the same division.

At this point PR has 4 of the top ten WW in the world with 3 of them holding a title belt...Collazo is the other one, and soon he should be moving up in the rankings, if Berto's people opt to have Collazos as Berto's opponent, his deficiencies will be showcased , like El Indio did with ***** Williams

Watch for Juan Manuel Lopez, he will be holding a title belt before the end of 2009; 24 year old with 20 wins, 18 by KO's

Kelly Pavlick gets the decision in 12 rounds, winning the rematch against Jermaine Taylor.

Upcoming Fights:

APRIL 12
    Miguel Cotto vs Alfonso Gomez
    Kermit Cintron vs Antonio Margarito

Chad Dawson vs Glen Johnson
    Clinton Woods vs Antonio Tarver

APRIL 19
    Bernard Hopkins vs Joe Calzaghe

MAY 3
    Oscar De La Hoya vs. Steve Forbes

MAY 31
    Shane Mosley vs. Zab Judah

I really thought the ref was going to let Cotto beat Gomez to death. I got to give up to Gomez I dont think I've ever seen that much heart/stupidity in my life of watching Boxing!

Veteran

Anybody see the Hopkins-Callzage match-up last night??? I thought Callzage was the busier fighter which isn't hard to be against the 43 year old Hopkins, but Hopkins landed the more compelling shots and had a knockdown. What did you guys think of the decision???

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Anybody see the Hopkins-Callzage match-up last night??? I thought Callzage was the busier fighter which isn't hard to be against the 43 year old Hopkins, but Hopkins landed the more compelling shots and had a knockdown. What did you guys think of the decision???
    It appeared as if Calzage won but its tough to tell, alot of his punches were missing. Every Hopkins fight is hard to score, he one of my top 3 favorites but it did look like age has finally caught up with him. He still has an arguement as to why he won because as you pointed out his punches were more effective and he had the knockdown.

Originally Posted by New New York
    I really thought the ref was going to let Cotto beat Gomez to death. I got to give up to Gomez I dont think I've ever seen that much heart/stupidity in my life of watching Boxing!
    For some reason i cant find the full fight but i just watched about 2 minutes of highlights. Cotto f*cked him up, that wasnt even a fight. Gomez showed some heart but Cotto is a very hard puncher for a welterweight and hes very skilled. Whenever Floyd Mayweather decides to stop hiding i think the 2 of them would have a great fight.

12th man

Was he afraid of Oscar de la hoya? I do not understand why he would retire. Floyd already beat Oscar without breaking a sweat and he is giving up a very large payday.

12th man

Cotto is gonna get in that ass of MARGARITO...

Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar
    Was he afraid of Oscar de la hoya? I do not understand why he would retire. Floyd already beat Oscar without breaking a sweat and he is giving up a very large payday.
    You think so? I actually believe that fight could have gone either way. But I personally had Dela Hoya winning via split, and not Mayweather. I think even Mayweather, judging from his body language after the 12th round, that a defeat was a possibility. Heck even Mayweather Sr. believed dela Hoya won. Now that Mayweather's retired, I now know why he even agreed to that fight with the Big Show at Wrestlemania. That fight was horrendous. LOL!

Mayweather aint sugar ray but anyone would have to admit that in his weight class he is the best pound for pound puncher in the world. He's one of the fastest ive seen in a while and even though i dont like him because he talks shyt he always backs it up. And question to anyone that watches alot of boxing...why arent Heavy weight fights a big event anymore?...is Wladimir Klitchko really the only person worth watching on HBO?

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Mayweather aint sugar ray but anyone would have to admit that in his weight class he is the best pound for pound puncher in the world. He's one of the fastest ive seen in a while and even though i dont like him because he talks shyt he always backs it up. And question to anyone that watches alot of boxing...why arent Heavy weight fights a big event anymore?...is Wladimir Klitchko really the only person worth watching on HBO?
    Light weights and welterweights get more attention nowadays. The good ol' days of the heavyweights are gone years ago. Nowadays people seem to favor the quicker punching fights, and there just isn't enough rivarly going on the heavyweights anymore. Pacquiao is the new No.1 pound-for-pound right now. I'll be looking forward to his fight with Edwin Valero and Ricky Hatton.

I'm a big fan of the Haymaker.