Report: Several Knick players want out!

Starks

Starter
<a href="http://www.nypost.com/seven/12142007/sports/knicks/time_to_fire_isiah_380074.htm">TIME TO FIRE ISIAH</a>

Burried in the backpages and away from Mitchell Report covereage, in today's NY Post, Peter Vecsey is reporting that the following players want out of New York.

Malik Rose - this one is obvious, as he diplomatically stated this last week.

Quentin Richardson - Probably tired of losing and being honestly embarrased

Wilson Chandler -(not in report, but there is a popular rumor that his father has been on the record saying that his son feels he is on the wrong team fto start his NBA career

David Lee- This one is suprising. He hasn't seem as happy as he was in seasons past. He has been withdrawn for awhile now and perhaps is realizing that he would do much better.

Eddy Curry- he was overheard saying something to effect of "god get me out of here" while being terrorized by fans. He also seems scared to show his face...he def isn't the hardnosed player thomas thought he was

Stephon Marbury- Before he bailed on team, there were reports that he wanted a change of scenery.

I'm sure there is a lot more.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Q-Rich probally knows he shouldnt be playin all them minutes, I bet hes embarrassed by his poor play and feels balkmen should be gettin more of his minutes. As an athlete, Im sure he knows hes not what he was last year and Isiah is embarrassin him by playin him all those minutes so he can get burned by other players and miss 2/3 of his shots.

Lee knows that Currys a FATASS and that he should be starting instead.

Chandler should be gettin more minutes, its F*cked up. Of all the guys not gettin any minutes, Chandler deserves them the most he got hops and he got game.

Curry knew all along he wasnt a franchise player and hes gettin tired of hearin it from Isiah. He wants to go somewhere where he can be a role player and play about 20 to 25 minutes a game.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I wonder if this is why Marbury is taking so long to come back. I'm sure he is going through a tough time after losing his father, but he may be taking his time to come back because he is miserable with this team and dislikes Isiah.

It is really sad that the so many players want out of New York. New York is the greatest city on the planet and has the greatest fans in the world. I hope that Isiah is fired soon and the players play hard for Herb Williams. I know this team is severely flawed, and there are many players that I don't like, but when this team plays hard and with energy and hustle they can be a decent team. The team has given up on Isiah.

I just hope that players like Lee and Balkman will still want to play for New York after Isiah is finally fired.

Starks

Starter
I gotta say, from what I've seen this season, based on the morale of the team and the effort they show, I think ONLY Fred Jones, Crawford and Balkman seem to want to be a Knick.

Sometimes body language and comments say a lot about how a player feels about his team. I usually get angered by players that demand trades and give up on their team, but the situation in NY is like Baghdad.

New York has become a place where a player's NBA Career dies.

In this case, I don't blame any of the players for wanting out. I think It's gotten to an awkward point where the players know they are horrible and know that everyone in the world feel the same way except Thomas and Dolan

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I gotta say, from what I've seen this season, based on the morale of the team and the effort they show, I think ONLY Fred Jones, Crawford and Balkman seem to want to be a Knick.

Sometimes body language and comments say a lot about how a player feels about his team. I usually get angered by players that demand trades and give up on their team, but the situation in NY is like Baghdad.

New York has become a place where a player's NBA Career dies.

In this case, I don't blame any of the players for wanting out. I think It's gotten to an awkward point where the players know they are horrible and know that everyone in the world feel the same way except Thomas and Dolan

I agree. I think even Crawford wants to play but we all know his problems on the court. Hes tryin to step up and be a leader which is good to see, at least bein a captain means sumthin to him. As far as Curry goes, being a captain means that he gets to take it easy and eat more Burger King with Jerhomo and Z-SlowBoHomo.

I gotta give credit to the players still tryin Renaldo B, Fred Jones, and its hard to tell when crawford is trying. He gets burned on defense all the time but I believe that as a player he wants to win. I dont question his desire, but his shot selection/turnovers and mentality on the defensive end are his problems.

NYKnicks15

Starter
nate robinson has been vocal in the lockerroom as well but is trying to hide it from media from what i hear. cause on the off chance there is a trade he wouldnt want to be an outspoken athlete who know team will take a chance on... BUTTT i think all other teams would understand seeing the current situation haha

nyk_nyk

All Star
I can completely understand why some of the players want to get the hell off of this joke of a team. Can you imagine being a player and busting your ass night after night only to come away with losses and constant booing?

For one, as a guard I should always be able to rely on my center to defend the basket should the guy I'm guarding get past me. The problem is, my center is no enforcer and plays with very little emotion and gusto. Sidenote: Duncan is know for playing with no emotion as well, BUT it doesn't affect how he changes the game with great defense and sound offense.

Lord knows what goes on in practice because after every loss theres talk about how they didn't play hard enough for 48 minutes or they werent in sync on offense...etc. When will their hundreds of reasons for losing be resolved? Is there anyone in practice telling Curry to get his ass in the paint and block some shots or go after every rebound like your life depended on it. I swear, the only rebounds Curry gets are the ones that fall right in his lap. Crawford has talent offensively but just can't seem to use the same quickness he applies on offense to play solid defense which boggles my mind. It doesn't seem as though "practicing" is helping this team. Is it the staff leading the practices? Is it the players forgetting what they practiced once the game starts? Do they just not give a F?

Isaiah looks more tired after every loss and I believe he's starting to lose confidence in EC. After the sonics loss, he sort of praised EC for his offensive production in only 24 minutes of work, but hinted that EC's not giving the team any low post defense in order for them to compete in close games. Is this a surprise? No. We all knew that EC was not an intimidating presence even with his 290 pound frame. Isaiah, and everyone else figured that with increased minutes and more experience EC would be the big man that many scouts thought he could be... unfortunately, that time has come and passed.

With 25% of the season complete, I do not feel I'm speaking prematurely when I suggest that the team take a step back and enter the rebuilding process. This group is extremely flawed. There aren't enough complimentary players and no go-to-guy. You can make a case that Steph is that go-to-guy, but his star just doesn't shine that bright as it used to be. Randolph has been a great addition to the team because of his consistent double double numbers, but as long as the other players don't perform their roles, it will just result in one man having good stats and no wins.

It's funny, most of our roster from the 90's werent highly regarded, but are superior to the current guys in terms of basketball IQ and team play. Starks and Mason weren't even drafted, Ward wouldn't get an all-star vote if he paid for it, Harper was supposedly "too old" to keep up with younger guards. MY point is, a lot of those guys were so valuable in terms of what they were able to contribute to the team, not what they could do individually. I miss my dude Ewing. I don't think you guys realize how good we had it when he was here. Forget about his 25 ppg. Whenever a team came in that had a good low-post game, we had Pat to make sure it wasn't that good when they played us.

There should be an official report on which players want out. At least then teams that are interested can start making proposals to Isaiah... Or maybe IT should just leave and make most of the fans happy again.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Man i wish we could go back to that team. They played very physical and other teams hated playin them. Teams use to fear comin to NY cuz they know theyd get rammed by players like oakley and Mason (no homo). We were so much tougher then, the group now is a bunch of soft feminime homos. You gotta build a team around defense first, not offense and not athletic ability.

Once Van Gundy left, so did defense. Offense is also gone, this team cant do anything right.

metrocard

Legend
I'm lost for words and completely unmotivated to discuss any topic thats related to the shit stain that is Isiah Thomas.

Starks

Starter
nate robinson has been vocal in the lockerroom as well but is trying to hide it from media from what i hear. cause on the off chance there is a trade he wouldnt want to be an outspoken athlete who know team will take a chance on... BUTTT i think all other teams would understand seeing the current situation haha

Yea, I think I read somewhere as well. The nucleus of this team was supposed to be the kids: Frye,Lee, and Nate.

Now Frye is gone, and both Lee and Nate want to follow as well.

Nate would be a real good basketball player under the right coach and system. The Basketball program here is worse than the YMCA leagues we used to be on in the summer!

Obvisously, Isaiha has lost the team. If Dolan keeps Thomas, than I think it's time to put Lee and Nate on the trading block. I don't want to see that happen, but its too late for them. Thomas is ruining their careers, and that's what Lee and Nate have to look at most. They could be great players in another team.

I feel that the Knicks are being completley raped! We the fans are the hostages.

Starks

Starter
Also, as much shit as Vescey gets for his snarky columns; he's always been one hell of a source. When he says something, its usually the truth. He predicted so many moves weeks and weeks before they happened. He's garnered my respect in that regard. The dude's connections are razor sharp

metrocard

Legend
Also, as much shit as Vescey gets for his snarky columns; he's always been one hell of a source. When he says something, its usually the truth. He predicted so many moves weeks and weeks before they happened. He's garnered my respect in that regard. The dude's connections are razor sharp

He's Isiahsexuals worst nightmare.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I've never seen anything like this. On one hand you have Thomas who clearly is incapable of leading/coaching this team. On the other you have the players who have given up and play with no heart. It's like a two headed monster. Both must be decapitated if the reports are true. From a business stand point firing Thomas would be the best P.R. move.

Knicks need to clean house. Trade every one they can trade with the exception of Lee, Balkman, Robinson and Jeffries. I was a Curry supporter but at this point you've got to consider trading him. If he was a real franchise player he'd put the team on his back, so far he's not capable of doing that. Put every one's name out and see who bites.

Starks

Starter
I've never seen anything like this. On one hand you have Thomas who clearly is incapable of leading/coaching this team. On the other you have the players who have given up and play with no heart. It's like a two headed monster. Both must be decapitated if the reports are true. From a business stand point firing Thomas would be the best P.R. move.

Knicks need to clean house. Trade every one they can trade with the exception of Lee, Balkman, Robinson and Jeffries. I was a Curry supporter but at this point you've got to consider trading him. If he was a real franchise player he'd put the team on his back, so far he's not capable of doing that. Put every one's name out and see who bites.

Jeffries??? explain!

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Jeffries??? explain!

yea i dont get that.. replace him with Jones and i'm happy.. if these guys want out then show them the door cause another 60 games of this shit will drive any1 crazy... how much worse does it have to get before something changes...
more fights in the locker room..maybe on court w/ teammates...maybe a leaked video of dolan and thomas in a hotel room

:barf:

I want to keep Lee but its understandable getting frustrated when you are the only guy hustling and thinking on the court. I dont think we should put guys like Lee and Robinson on the trading block yet just for the fact that when we rebuild they are a good starting place. These guys can still become the players we all envisioned them to be and in a knick system but we just need Isiah gone(i wouldn't mind changing the entire coaching staff..nothing against Herb but i'm sure there are others out there who can do a better job)

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
how Ironic Is It That The Player Put So Much Stock In For And Wanted To Circle The Franchise Around; Eddy Curry Now Wants Out. Ahaha, Has Any Other Gm In Nba History Had A Weaker Plan That Failed More Miserably Than Isiah's?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I would love for Artest to come to NY. Do you think that he would come here now with Isiah on the way out (hopefully) and all of the other drama? What about the lack of effort from the majority of the players? You know Artest would not stand for that crap. He gives it all every game.

Unfortunately, I think that many of the players we have, that once had some value, have dropped in trade value because of their performances so far this year. Hopefully Isiah will be fired soon and the players will play hard for Herb Williams and consequentially increase their trade value. Then, we need a new GM to come in who is proven to have successfully built a championship quality team (Jerry West, Colangelo, etc.). Trade most of the crap on this roster for expiring contacts and hustle/defensive role players. Get a good draft pick this year and get under the cap so we can sign a true all-star. This is the only way the Knicks will ever win a championship.