• Other trade

4 20.00%
  • No We should keep EC.

5 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Centerpiece

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Default Centerpiece

Trade Eddy Curry & JC for Andris Biedrins & Jackson.

Biedrins a young defensive player. Great potential. and a good fit for NY.

What do you guys think about him?

Since EC wants out I would gladly trade him.

You guys can feel free and post trades for Eddy Curry. I want to see what you guys would do.
    Last edited by nyKnicks126; Dec 16, 2007 at 12:53.

Veteran

if curry goes, sell your burger-king stock...

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

You want him to go. Cause I think 80% of Knick fans now do. Including myself, I was a big EC fan last season. Things change, and Curry changed. How many more years does EC have on his contract?

well idk Curry did good last nite...i jus think he shouldent start right now

yea he'd be better off on da bench, i see he's makin decent strides on the defensive end, Eddie we'll be fine.....

yea he is blocking more often now like ey he is trying on defense just 2 fat

Veteran

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    You want him to go. . How many more years does EC have on his contract?

i dunno if we would be better with him or without.. tough question

he will make 8.9 this year, then 9.7, 10.5 and finally in 2010/11 11.2m

thats about 32m owed him after this year... thats a lot of $$$ for a fat-****in 'wide-load'

Originally Posted by Moz106
    yea he'd be better off on da bench, i see he's makin decent strides on the defensive end, Eddie we'll be fine.....
    No, hes not comin off the bench with what hes gettin paid. Hes gotta go, let him be sum1 elses problem

Originally Posted by thekidd13
    yea he is blocking more often now like ey he is trying on defense just 2 fat
    Hes averaging .6 blocks which is the same as last year, and yes he is fat.

Originally Posted by paris401
    i dunno if we would be better with him or without.. tough question

he will make 8.9 this year, then 9.7, 10.5 and finally in 2010/11 11.2m

thats about 32m owed him after this year... thats a lot of $$$ for a fat-****in 'wide-load'
    Thats too much money for a Fat ****in Ass Load. We would be better without him, he destroys any chance of team defense and he disrupts the offense. Lets trade him, even if its for another 1 dimensional center who cant score, as long as they can D up and rebound.

well rite now i dont expect curry 2 block anybody cuz of his weight

We joke about it being his weight but I think the number 1 thing is effort. Curry doesnt love basketball, he loves money and Burger King.

This is the NBA, thats not that awful of a contract. His contract is the least of our worries contract wise. You want to talk about bad contracts look at "Starbury", JJ, JJ, and Zack.

Maybe I"m foolisly optimistic, but if you remeber back to last year, Curry was god awful then right around December he started playing well, so hopefully he can repeat that. It's so frustrating because nights like last night show you how could he really can be. He's 6'11 280ish but despite the weight he is really agile. If he ever realized his potential he is unguardable 1 on 1. Not to make excuses but last year when he was being featured he played well. Now we have a backhole like Randolph who just slows everything down. Curry needs to start playing with a chip on his shoulder, I dont want him to get into foul trouble but he needs to start picking up 4 fouls on defense, and maybe even a flagarant now and then.

Despite our opinions Curry has trade value. But trading his mid range salary for cap space is just stupid. Because as long as we still have Marbury, Randolph, and both JJ's we won't have cap space. If we could trade Curry for solid young talent and a decent pick i'd be into that idea. But Biendris plays even less D then Curry, Dalembert makes more money then Curry and is always hurt, Miller is old and injury prone, and New Orleans ain't trading Chandler.

If the right deal comes i'd consider trading him, but you can't just make a trade for the point of making a trade. Despite all his flaws which we know are many he's young and filled with potential.

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    This is the NBA, thats not that awful of a contract. His contract is the least of our worries contract wise. You want to talk about bad contracts look at "Starbury", JJ, JJ, and Zack.

Maybe I"m foolisly optimistic, but if you remeber back to last year, Curry was god awful then right around December he started playing well, so hopefully he can repeat that. It's so frustrating because nights like last night show you how could he really can be. He's 6'11 280ish but despite the weight he is really agile. If he ever realized his potential he is unguardable 1 on 1. Not to make excuses but last year when he was being featured he played well. Now we have a backhole like Randolph who just slows everything down. Curry needs to start playing with a chip on his shoulder, I dont want him to get into foul trouble but he needs to start picking up 4 fouls on defense, and maybe even a flagarant now and then.

Despite our opinions Curry has trade value. But trading his mid range salary for cap space is just stupid. Because as long as we still have Marbury, Randolph, and both JJ's we won't have cap space. If we could trade Curry for solid young talent and a decent pick i'd be into that idea. But Biendris plays even less D then Curry, Dalembert makes more money then Curry and is always hurt, Miller is old and injury prone, and New Orleans ain't trading Chandler.

If the right deal comes i'd consider trading him, but you can't just make a trade for the point of making a trade. Despite all his flaws which we know are many he's young and filled with potential.
    yea i mean they do double team the man 4 a reason...not cuz he suckz but becuz hes good...i mean in a team that just wants 2 focus on offense would not mind having Curry in there team...i mean any man that has 2 get double team has really good value

Superstar

I would like Curry to stay ras it is now, the thing is, which i saw and said in the off season, is tht curry and zach can not play together, which is why i disliked the trade at the time. since curry is struggling now, i would bring him off the bench and have the minutes when Curry and eandolph @ the same time limited until the rove they can play excellent together.

Veteran

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    . He's 6'11 280ish .
    there is no way he is 280ish, he is def. somewhere in the 3's... he should walk around with a sign on his rear..just like those trucks and trailers

WIDE-LOAD...

The only trade scenario that I feel could optimize current Knicks players (Zacj, QR, Steph..) is Tyson. That is exactly the type of player that needs to be starting next to Randolph. He does have a history of injuries but he is a defense all the time player. I would love this trade!!!!!I think the hornets would make this trade if you changes collins for say either Lee or Balkman or maybe a future unprotected ick but not a straight up 1 -1 trade or even with Nate or Collins added in to the mix. If we could get Artest as well and keep Balkman you could have this line up:
    Chandler
    Randolph
    Balkman
    Arest
    Marbury

Not bad! The weak link is still Marbury but still a great lineup!!