Official Game Thread-new Jersey Nets@ New York Knicks

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
Hey everyone this D-Lee42fan with your Official Game Thread for tonight's game against the New Jersey Nets. I know a lot (if not all) Knicks fans are pissed right now about them losing every game, BUT the last time these two teams met and the IZOD Center, the Knicks prevailed. Yes both teams were badly undermanned but tonight Kidd returns to the Nets. We all know he has one thing on his mind "Lets torch the Knicks." Still no Stephon tonight for the struggling Knicks. Tune in tonight at 7:30ET for yet another cross-river duel with the Nets on NBATV. This time, the Garden hosts the action, and we all know when the Nets come to the Garden, they come to play. All game commentary, thoughts, and reactions goes here!

Starting Lineups

New Jersey Nets (10-13)

PG Jason Kidd
SG Vince Carter
SF Richard Jefferson
PF Malik Allen
C Jason Collins

NEW YORK KNICKS!!!! (6-16)

POINT GUARD, JAMAL CRAWFORD
SHOOTHING GUARD, FRED JONES
SMALL FORWARD, QUENTIN RICHARDSON
POWER FORWARD, ZACH RANDOLPH
CENTER, EDDY CURRY

Since we all know we cant play defense, if we are going to beat the Nets, we have to control J-Kidd and all his assists. The Knicks must play an effective Half-court game, and they CANNOT let the Nets run the floor. We also have to out-rebound the Nets, give them NO second chance points. Look for D-Lee to be a rebounding machine and also look for Balkman to play the ONLY defense. I think Freddy Jones will have a good game. If were going to beat the Nets we are going to beat them with our bench.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Thanks man I was just about to make the game thread, good timing. Good job, we gotta get a body on kid(no homo). Like they say you gotta stop the ball so when Kidd is runnin up court lookin for someone, whos ever defendin him needs to get to his as quick as possible and slow him down.

Nets rookie had the #1 play of the day this mornin on NBATV the daily. They gotta get a body between him and the rim. We will probably get raped by New Jersey.

man with kidd playin tonight, we gotta step up our game, its not guna be as easy as last time, lets see who picks up their game tonight...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
is there anywhere i can watch the game on the net?

Im not sure, hopefully someone can help you out. If not, I think your the one that always follows with NBA.coms gamecast but if thats not you, go to NBA.com click on the scores, theN the knicks and nets. They'll show every shot missed and made, and all the stats.

Its almost gametime, time to get raped by New Jersey. Kidds no stranger to raping, usually he beats women tonight hes gonna beat us. Does anyone think the Knicks have a chance?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
did anyone see that pass Fred Jones gave to Eddy Curry. Curry wasn't even lookin at the ball. He turnovered it over that quick. He has to have more offense awareness.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
did anyone see that pass Fred Jones gave to Eddy Curry. Curry wasn't even lookin at the ball. He turnovered it over that quick. He has to have more offense awareness.

I saw that pass, it was a bad turnover. Then he got blocked by Carter. Fred Jones offensively is inconsistent but I like his defense, especially compared to Crawfords. Theres nights where Jones scores and theres nights where hes silent, but his defense isnt bad. Mardy Collins has gotta get it together, Isiahs gotta keep playin him. If he can come on for us the way he did last year, that would help out alot bein able to play him 20 to 25 minutes and cutback on Crawfords minutes.

Pricey

Rotation player
I saw that pass, it was a bad turnover. Then he got blocked by Carter. Fred Jones offensively is inconsistent but I like his defense, especially compared to Crawfords. Theres nights where Jones scores and theres nights where hes silent, but his defense isnt bad. Mardy Collins has gotta get it together, Isiahs gotta keep playin him. If he can come on for us the way he did last year, that would help out alot bein able to play him 20 to 25 minutes and cutback on Crawfords minutes.
obviously cant watch or hear the game but looking at the score updates it looks like Curry had a decent 1st quarter, 10 pts, 4 rebs. R the stats lying though?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
obviously cant watch or hear the game but looking at the score updates it looks like Curry had a decent 1st quarter, 10 pts, 4 rebs. R the stats lying though?

Nah hes actually playin good, he had a real nice block on Sean Williams. It should be on the top 10 plays tomorrow. The problem with Curry is he has problems with stayin intense for more than a quarter or a half. I keep sayin that the way hes built he should be dominating like Dwight. Curry can get off the ground better then Zach can, his rebounds should be way higher and his blocks too. I thought i heard em say Curry is averagin a block a game, I gotta check on that cuz I dont believe it. Maybe .6 blocks, but not a block.

Moz106

Benchwarmer
Listenin to knicks radio, they say the knicks been playin cohesive ball right now, Eddy Curry sounds like he's dominatin....

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I gotta say Im shocked we still got the lead but they playin much better offensivley then they have lately, there doin a nice job of movin the ball around and hittin their shots. New Jerz hasnot had an answer for Curry. Usually he struggles against their physical defenders but we seen more of Sean Williams and Josh Boone.

Randolph has a good shooting percentage but hes takin some bad shots. He should be shootin 65% instead of 50%. He also has way too many turnovers (5 through 3 quarters)

Crawford has even played well, with only 1 turnover. I gotta give him some props but at the same time Vince Carter looks like his game is off. But still, I'll take 20pts(8-13), 6rbs and 3 asts from Crawford. Crawford is frustrating to watch some times cuz you see his ability, his crossover, his shot, and his passing. But we see more of his turnovers, poor defense, and poor shot selection. He should be a better defender, hes got quick hands, long arms, and he aint the fastest SG but hes fast enough to keep his man in front of him. The problem with Crawford on D is that he doesnt know how to play defense. He doesnt fight through picks and he lets players who are slower then him drive past him. One more thing, he cant spell consistent.

NYKnicks15

Starter
were actually playing the way we are supposed.

Curry is beasting and playing D. Randolph is beasting, assisting and playing D. Crawfords calm and shooting lights out. Richardson is playing limited minutes. Jeffries is coming in and role playing D. this is a twilight zone episode.

this could mean one of two things.

1! We make no trades and were stuck with the same team cause of this one decent game... orrrr

2! this ups their trade value and we still overhaul.

im hoping for a happy medium. at least pick up Artest. PLEASE.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont know about us playin the way we supposed to play, we playin better but NJ is havin an off nite which is helpin out.

Artest to NY would be nice

Q-Rich just hit a 3.

Pricey

Rotation player
well am i suppose to be happy or upset, a win is good but a win takes us away from that lottery draft pick.
Why cant we play like that more often.
Hopefully we get Marbury back next week and get on a roll or something

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
lol, seems like a lot of knick fans left home disappointed, really gotta question a lot of knick fans, by the way, jamal is a baller

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I was still happy to hear Fire Isiah chants at the garden. Its great. I saw EC and the way he didn't even give that they won or not just quickly went into the locker ROOM!!!

DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER.. BEFORE & AFTER EACH game the Knicks would go on centercourt and pray. that was the team that stuck together. That was a team that loved each other as a family. They would huddle and pray and talk on centercourt. Chills. GO 90s Knicks

Now the team has fallin apart no connection between anyone. The Knick Family is ruined..