Official Game Thread-new Jersey Nets@ New York Knicks

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I was still happy to hear Fire Isiah chants at the garden. Its great. I saw EC and the way he didn't even give that they won or not just quickly went into the locker ROOM!!!

DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER.. BEFORE & AFTER EACH game the Knicks would go on centercourt and pray. that was the team that stuck together. That was a team that loved each other as a family. They would huddle and pray and talk on centercourt. Chills Chills. Now the team has fallin apart no connection between anyone. The Knick Family is ruined..

I like the way they prayed. I dont think this group likes each other, I think Eddy and Zach might have problems. Ill pay to see Eddy knuckle down Zach and maybe Jerome Burger King James.

dp43

Rookie
its funny, but true; i don't know how to react to a win anymore. it's good curry did well, salvage some trade value. as far as the praying, it was nice, but not because they prayed. maybe they could do the wave together or something before games. my :2cents::smokin:

edit: i brought out my orange polo shirt today. had a feeling.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
Played Well

Ok, not the result i was expecting but i will definitely take the WIN. Thats right the Knicks are 2-0 playing the Nets so far, i'm in shock. Great game to Jamal, Eddy, and Zach. Jamal, way to lead the way with 32 points, you earned the baller of the night award. Lets see if the knicks can build on this win when the Indiana Pacers come to town on Monday night. Either look for my or MSGKnickz33's game thread post tomorrow or monday afternoon.

D-Lee42fan
:afro:

knicklover

Benchwarmer
This is not specific to last night. It's more general.

1. Q Rich has to play less until he gets his shot back. We absolutely need the SF to be a serious outside threat if we intend on working the ball into Curry in the post (and IMO we should). I'm not sure how we should adjust the line up. Maybe we don't have someone at this time and have to make a trade, but QR has been too much of an offensive liability at that postion. He has to at least be a threat.

2. Zach has to stop firing up a shot almost every time he touches the ball. In his defense, the rest of the team has to move without the ball, set some picks etc.... so he actually has a good passing option other than playing catch with someone on the outside. All night people were just standing around doing nothing every time he had the ball. Maybe Curry should come to the same side in the post more often when Zach is far outside.

3. Crawford has to do the same as Zach. He's great when he's hot like last night, but when he isn't he kills us because he takes way too many shots (a few each night that are idiotic)

4. Lee and Balkman have to work on an outside shot. They need some kind of mid range jumper ASAP. As it is now, everyone knows they can't shoot at all. It makes things too easy for the defense. Have you noticed how many shots Lee is having blocked or is missing underneath lately? The defense has his number now. Every time he has the ball outside he either passes it immediately or drives and they are waiting for him. If he could pop a few from 10-15 feet, he could open things up for himself.

5. I'd like to see more of Chandler to see if he might develop into an offensive and defensive threat considering we have so many one dimensional players.

6. Mardy Collins should get more playing time, but he has to be teamed with some offensive minded players so we can actually see how he runs the team and we can offset his own lack of production.

Honestly, I think if we run the offense through Curry like we did last night (and did successfully all last year), fix the SF spot, and tweak a few other things we can start winning again.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
This is not specific to last night. It's more general.

1. Q Rich has to play less until he gets his shot back. We absolutely need the SF to be a serious outside threat if we intend on working the ball into Curry in the post (and IMO we should). I'm not sure how we should adjust the line up. Maybe we don't have someone at this time and have to make a trade, but QR has been too much of an offensive liability at that postion. He has to at least be a threat.
Q Rich cant shoot man >_>