Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Thread: where's marbury?

  1. #16
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Marbury hasn't proven to me that THIS season he's the best guard on this team... I'm not sure which Marbury or Knicks team you guys have been watching, but without doubt Crawford has been the bes Knicks guard and player THIS season. you could hate onhim all you want but with the exception of only a couple of games Marbury has done nothing this season. marbury is averaging less points, less rebounds, less steals than Crawford and is only averaging .4 (4.5 to 4.9) assist than crawford. Get off Marbury's dick and start looking at how the man is playing this season. except for 3 pt % everything is down for marbury this season as opposed to last..

  2. #17
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    Marbury hasn't proven to me that THIS season he's the best guard on this team... I'm not sure which Marbury or Knicks team you guys have been watching, but without doubt Crawford has been the bes Knicks guard and player THIS season. you could hate onhim all you want but with the exception of only a couple of games Marbury has done nothing this season. marbury is averaging less points, less rebounds, less steals than Crawford and is only averaging .4 (4.5 to 4.9) assist than crawford. Get off Marbury's dick and start looking at how the man is playing this season. except for 3 pt % everything is down for marbury this season as opposed to last..
    aww man, u going get a lot of hate on this, there is a lot of crawford haters on this site, though i agree wit u, crawford has been the best knick player, but to ppl on this site, crawford could never do right to them which i dont understand cuz he got a good attitude and he has done much more than marbury in his knick tenure and i aint knocking stephon

  3. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,957
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    Marbury hasn't proven to me that THIS season he's the best guard on this team... I'm not sure which Marbury or Knicks team you guys have been watching, but without doubt Crawford has been the bes Knicks guard and player THIS season. you could hate onhim all you want but with the exception of only a couple of games Marbury has done nothing this season. marbury is averaging less points, less rebounds, less steals than Crawford and is only averaging .4 (4.5 to 4.9) assist than crawford. Get off Marbury's dick and start looking at how the man is playing this season. except for 3 pt % everything is down for marbury this season as opposed to last..
    If Crawford is the BEST Guard on this Knick-Team than that explains why we are 7-16.
    Since Crawford been in the NBA his teams never gets past a 33 WIN season.
    Think about it (NO-DEFENSE!).

    Is this Knick Team ready for Marbury return? Hell NO!
    Marbury is not the only BIG-Problem on this Knick Team.

    This Knick Team BIGGEST Problem starts with the Head Coach and his coaching staff not being on the same-page. Four years and still counting on the Knicks to have a sufficient 8-Man Rotation that could keep the team in the .500 zone after their first 15 games of the season.
    And Players like Q.Richardson & Crawford acting like they are NBA Starters which they are not (their NBA career proves that). The two players are outspoken only on this Knick Team their previous teams seen them as Lockerroom cancers towards their teammates performance (another Marbury, they dont enhance their teammates perfomance).

    Having not one, but two 30 or more MPG Frontcourt Players that cant play defense of any kind as your BIGMEN (Curry & Zach) without getting into early foul trouble gives the Knicks oposition the edge at the start of every game.
    And if the Knicks oposition have scoring BIG-MEN put your money on the Knicks getting blown out.

    These Knick Players live on EXCUSES, so it would be in the best interest of the Knick-Team for Marbury to stay away from the team for the next Seven(7) games to see just how much "Team-Ball" and "Team-Play" that "Crawford, Q.Richardson, Zach, and Curry," can co-exist together as "Starters", and with their younger athletic teammates vs the NBA teams in this league.

  4. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i guess we'll see what happens tonight. i imagine steph will start, simply as a sign of solidarity, and play limited minutes after that. this is a game that is winnable, especially with him back in the lineup. hopefully the eddy curry that can play basketball, and play it well, shows up tonight.

  5. #20
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    I never said to bench him for a long series of time. All i was saying was bring him off the bench his first 2 games just till he gets is basketball flow back. After those two games i have no problem starting him. Arent you a boxer or whatever.... Wouldn't you be rusty after a week of inactivity.
    Boxing is different type/intesnity/everything.

    I'm sure Marbury conditions at least on a daily basis, thats his job as athlete.



    Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    Marbury hasn't proven to me that THIS season he's the best guard on this team... I'm not sure which Marbury or Knicks team you guys have been watching, but without doubt Crawford has been the bes Knicks guard and player THIS season. you could hate onhim all you want but with the exception of only a couple of games Marbury has done nothing this season. marbury is averaging less points, less rebounds, less steals than Crawford and is only averaging .4 (4.5 to 4.9) assist than crawford. Get off Marbury's dick and start looking at how the man is playing this season. except for 3 pt % everything is down for marbury this season as opposed to last..
    This season we're the worst team in the NBA, so why is it so important to you? Crawford is clogging major minutes but has been more of the problem than the solution.

    Isiah's philosophy is to live and die with Crawford and Curry. Bad luck for Isiah, he has died 75% more than he has lived with the Crawford and Curry duo.

    Curry can't play with Randolph and Crawford can't play with Marbury.

    So lets make it simple.

    Randolph >>>>> Curry
    Marbury >>>>> Crawford

    Curry and Crawford are one dimensional guys that can be utilized on the bench; but honestly we don't need them on this team. They're overrated offensively and are the primary reason along with Q-Rich why our offense is so bad. Now if we take it to defense, Curry and Crawford shouldn't even belong in the NBA.

    Being the best Knicks guard this season doesn't mean ****. Crawford's negatives out weight his positives 2nd to most than any player on this team, first would be Crawford.

    Who honestly gives a **** if Crawford is a good kid? Thats great and all, but he's holding the team back with his inconsistancy and no effort on defense.

    A good night for Crawford is 10-24 FG, 7 turnovers, 5 assist and like 25 points. That sounds familar right?

    We lose when Crawford preforms at his best. In order for Crawford to preform at his highest level, the team has to take a hit in turnovers, opponent field goal percentage and other stats we're poor in.

    Crawford in his 3 years in a Knick hasn't proven he's a WINNER. The gap between how many games he's lost for us compared to how many games he's won for us is HUGE. Plus, he hasn't dramatically improved his game at all. No progression since the 03-04 season.

    Atleast Marbury in his first season as a Knick proved he could carry this team to the playoffs (20 and 9; Marbury's half season is farly superior to Crawford's losing underachieving career combined) with an old veteran roster that relied on defense and put backs...the front court was KT, TT, and Nazr...Marbury's back court buddy was Shandon Anderson. Despite the lack of help, Marbury LEADED and WON that season.

    As for Marbury this season, unlike Crawford when Marbury produces we're a much more competitive team because he has superior ability compared to Crawford; Steph can drive as good as anyone at his position, consistent from mid range and is acrobatic around the hoop making him a not only a passing threat, but a scoring threat. Crawford needs 24 shots to score 25, Marbury doesn't.

    When we got Crawford, thats when the losing started. We when we got Curry, thats when more losing started. When we got Randolph, we've got to the point to being the worst team in the NBA.

    This formula simply means = Isiah's overrated talent does not = wins.

    Of course, Knick fans are concerned, I mean who the hell wants Crawford and Curry to lead their franchise? My answers would be obviously, Isiahsexuals, Toronto Raptor fans, Celtic fans, Nets fans, Anti-Knick fans. These group of people love watching us lose, so of course they're going to praise the Knicks for keeping Crawford and Curry in their core.

    In conclusion, Crawford and Curry has been the weakest link in the NBA compared to other starting duos. They're also linked to our 20-30 win seasons. The sooner we drop these guys, the faster we get to be finally being competitive.

    Originally Posted by datruth
    aww man, u going get a lot of hate on this, there is a lot of crawford haters on this site, though i agree wit u, crawford has been the best knick player, but to ppl on this site, crawford could never do right to them which i dont understand cuz he got a good attitude and he has done much more than marbury in his knick tenure and i aint knocking stephon

    If Crawford is the best Knick player, then we're in trouble.

    Prove to me Crawford has done more than Stephon Marbury, just don't say it.


  6. #21
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Boxing is different type/intesnity/everything.





    If Crawford is the best Knick player, then we're in trouble.

    Prove to me Crawford has done more than Stephon Marbury, just don't say it.

    b4 i start, let me start off saying that i love stephon marbury, the thing i hate about stephon is dat he dont take advantages and thats almost every night, theres no reason why jason williams and jameer nelson should be out playing you, in my opinion stephon could take every PG in da league off the dribble but yet most of the times you dont even know stephon is playing, ,most of the time stephon decides to really play ball when we down 18 and when we finally in striking distance stephon loses his aggressiveness, and i dont have to prove how jamal has been more productive than stephon, just check who got the most game winners the last couple of years in da entire league, on my last point, metro u such a hypocrite, stephon and jamals TO averages are very similar

  7. #22
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    What the F*ck are you talkin about? Crawfords a F*ckin turnover waitin to happen. While Crawford is approachin the 3 turnover a game mark, Marbury averagaes exaclty 2 which will go down as he continues to get in better shape. Marbury has games where he dont turn the ball over once, with Crawford its always a minimum of 2 turnovers but more like 3-5. As bad as Jamal is, Zach is the king of turnovers averaging 3.15 a game. Oh yea, Crawford has played more games then any other player in the league without ever playing in a playoff game. Theres a reason for that, he constantly turns the ball over and plays no D. Im not exagerating, no D at ALL.

  8. #23
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    We all get at you like Marbury get off his nuts. The fact of the matter is he hasn't won since hes been here. Hes the point guard its his job to lead. And ill give you that Marbury played good D last year, but what D has he played this year?

  9. #24
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Alot more D then Crawford will play this whole season.

  10. #25
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Alot more D then Crawford will play this whole season.

    To steal from Metro your a Marburysexual. But can we all just admit that its not just one players fault, the true problem is that all these similiar players are on the same team. The problem is the whole not the parts.

  11. #26
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    You are a Crawfordsexual. There is no such thing as a Marbury sexual, but I agree with part 2. The problem is the whole team as a group, the coach, the GM, and the owner. There are certain pieces in this puzzle that dont fit. If 2 of them were to be thrown out and some better pieces were brought in, I think the puzzle might fit together better but theres still problems.

    What am I talkin about?


    Jamal Ass-Terd and Un-Steady Eddy Don't Worry Curry who cant hurry unless its time to eat at Burger King with King James the fast food is to blame for Jerhomo, EC, and Z-slow-Bo bein fat and out of shape homos Isiah gives this team bad promo

  12. #27
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    What the F*ck are you talkin about? Crawfords a F*ckin turnover waitin to happen. While Crawford is approachin the 3 turnover a game mark, Marbury averagaes exaclty 2 which will go down as he continues to get in better shape. Marbury has games where he dont turn the ball over once, with Crawford its always a minimum of 2 turnovers but more like 3-5. As bad as Jamal is, Zach is the king of turnovers averaging 3.15 a game. Oh yea, Crawford has played more games then any other player in the league without ever playing in a playoff game. Theres a reason for that, he constantly turns the ball over and plays no D. Im not exagerating, no D at ALL.
    lmaooo, do u look at the stat sheet, stephon's career average is 3.1 TOs a game, the only reason its 2.0 right now is because the last couple of games he only played about 10 minutes, and i again i stress this, i dont dislike stephon,im just saying, if u going knock on somebody(jamal) about being TO prone and then defend marbury, dats just wrong

  13. #28
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    lmaooo, do u look at the stat sheet, stephon's career average is 3.1 TOs a game, the only reason its 2.0 right now is because the last couple of games he only played about 10 minutes, and i again i stress this, i dont dislike stephon,im just saying, if u going knock on somebody(jamal) about being TO prone and then defend marbury, dats just wrong


    Its not fair to go by marburys stats so far, family deaths plus Isiah. Lets take a look at last year when Marbury averaged 2.4 turnovers compared to Crawfords 2.8, who has the ball more the point guard or the shooting guard? Let me ask you this, is there any position where the player has the ball more then the point guard? Crawford should not average more turnovers then Marbury, the knicks point guard who has the ball in his hands twice as much as any other player.

    Marburys turnovers happen mainly because of Eddy Curry. They run plays where Currys suppose to get the ball but he doesnt get good positioning and the ball gets knocked away from him. Crawfords turnovers are always tough too watch, like the one posted by Metro. Other ways Crawford turns the ball over include: palming, hop step, and BAD passes. Almost once a game you see Crawford throw a pass to someone on the other team or out of bounds.

    Shooting guards normally are known for being able to shoot, which is why there called shooting guards. Theres a long list of shooting guards who shoot better and are better then Crawford:

    Vince cArter
    Kobe Bryant
    Michael Redd
    Brandon Roy
    Rip Hamilton
    Larry Hughes
    Dwayne Wade
    Ricky Davis
    Mike Dunleavy
    Ben Gordon
    Raja Bell
    Manuel Ginobli
    Cuttino Mobley
    Bonzi Wells
    Allen Iverson
    Stephen Jackson
    Kevin Martin
    Joe Johnson
    Monta Ellis
    Rashad Mccants
    Willie Green

    I can keep goin, 22 shooting guards named and probably another 22 who are better then Crawford. Crawford has no significance as a player, hes no star. You can call him "player A" or "player B" cuz thats all he is, just another role player who should be comin off the bench. Hes not even a good role player.

    Marbury is still a top 10PG, some of you would probably say 15. Although I disagree I can accept that but any lower then 15 is not valid. It doesnt count because thats false to say theres 15 point guards better then Marbury.

    Just one last stat for you, 3pt shooting %'s:

    marbury = 42%
    Crawford = 32%

    In conclusion, Crawford is more turnover prone then Marbury when he doesnt have the ball in his hands as much. This also shows how selfish Zach Randolph is to be averaging 3.15 turnovers per game. But back to Crawford, he is just another player, theres nothing important about him. Theres a long list of shooting guards better then him (see above). Unlike lunch for Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, and Jerome James, this discussion is over.

  14. #29
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    b4 i start, let me start off saying that i love stephon marbury, the thing i hate about stephon is dat he dont take advantages and thats almost every night, theres no reason why jason williams and jameer nelson should be out playing you, in my opinion stephon could take every PG in da league off the dribble but yet most of the times you dont even know stephon is playing, ,most of the time stephon decides to really play ball when we down 18 and when we finally in striking distance stephon loses his aggressiveness, and i dont have to prove how jamal has been more productive than stephon, just check who got the most game winners the last couple of years in da entire league, on my last point, metro u such a hypocrite, stephon and jamals TO averages are very similar
    Theres actually a reason.

    Eddy Curry.

    Marbury's role in Isiah's offense is to be passive and overfeed Curry.

    Everyone knows Marbury is superior to Jameer Nelson and Jason Williams, those guys are barely holding on to their starting jobs with Carlos Arroyo threating Jameer, and isn't Quinn the starter for Miami right now?

    Anyway, Isiah is an ass and isn't utilizing Marbury to his fullest ability; making take a back seat to a ***** like Curry.

    Game winners? I can triple that number and it'll equal the ammount of game losers Jamal has.

    Jamal is a cancer to New York Knicks and is probably the worst starting SG we've had since Shandon Anderson. Shandon Anderson's defense was much more valuable than Crawford's clumsy offensive skills. We've been killed and put in ****ty situations because of a trademark Jamal Crawford 25 foot BRICK that leads to an easy fast break point for the opposition. Or how about the trademark traveling calls or ridiculous passes.

    There are so many stats, videoclips, and analysis I can bring out on Crawford its ridiculous. So don't let me start if you don't have nothing on why NYK Jamal > NYK Stephon. Marbury took us to the playoffs with a .500 record of 23-19, Crawford has never. Marbury's playoff appearance > Everything Crawford has done in his basketball life. All Crawford has given us is losing basketball.



    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Its not fair to go by marburys stats so far, family deaths plus Isiah. Lets take a look at last year when Marbury averaged 2.4 turnovers compared to Crawfords 2.8, who has the ball more the point guard or the shooting guard? Let me ask you this, is there any position where the player has the ball more then the point guard? Crawford should not average more turnovers then Marbury, the knicks point guard who has the ball in his hands twice as much as any other player.

    Marburys turnovers happen mainly because of Eddy Curry. They run plays where Currys suppose to get the ball but he doesnt get good positioning and the ball gets knocked away from him. Crawfords turnovers are always tough too watch, like the one posted by Metro. Other ways Crawford turns the ball over include: palming, hop step, and BAD passes. Almost once a game you see Crawford throw a pass to someone on the other team or out of bounds.

    Shooting guards normally are known for being able to shoot, which is why there called shooting guards. Theres a long list of shooting guards who shoot better and are better then Crawford:

    Vince cArter
    Kobe Bryant
    Michael Redd
    Brandon Roy
    Rip Hamilton
    Larry Hughes
    Dwayne Wade
    Ricky Davis
    Mike Dunleavy
    Ben Gordon
    Raja Bell
    Manuel Ginobli
    Cuttino Mobley
    Bonzi Wells
    Allen Iverson
    Stephen Jackson
    Kevin Martin
    Joe Johnson
    Monta Ellis
    Rashad Mccants
    Willie Green

    I can keep goin, 22 shooting guards named and probably another 22 who are better then Crawford. Crawford has no significance as a player, hes no star. You can call him "player A" or "player B" cuz thats all he is, just another role player who should be comin off the bench. Hes not even a good role player.

    Marbury is still a top 10PG, some of you would probably say 15. Although I disagree I can accept that but any lower then 15 is not valid. It doesnt count because thats false to say theres 15 point guards better then Marbury.

    Just one last stat for you, 3pt shooting %'s:

    marbury = 42%
    Crawford = 32%

    In conclusion, Crawford is more turnover prone then Marbury when he doesnt have the ball in his hands as much. This also shows how selfish Zach Randolph is to be averaging 3.15 turnovers per game. But back to Crawford, he is just another player, theres nothing important about him. Theres a long list of shooting guards better then him (see above). Unlike lunch for Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, and Jerome James, this discussion is over.
    Exactly...who the can be condifent about this starting five when we don't have a top 20 center starting, nor a top 20 SG? SG, SF, and C are our weakest positions by far.

    Marbury and Randolph are B level players, but not the players we need in the future.

    Originally Posted by datruth
    lmaooo, do u look at the stat sheet, stephon's career average is 3.1 TOs a game, the only reason its 2.0 right now is because the last couple of games he only played about 10 minutes, and i again i stress this, i dont dislike stephon,im just saying, if u going knock on somebody(jamal) about being TO prone and then defend marbury, dats just wrong
    Marbury is a PG...guys like Nash, Kidd average 3-4 turnovers, same with Davis, its common.


    Crawford is a SG, a SHOOTING GUARD and shoots poorly, is turnover prone and weak defensively.

    Get it through your head...Crawford is ass. I repeat, Crawford is culo.

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    We all get at you like Marbury get off his nuts. The fact of the matter is he hasn't won since hes been here. Hes the point guard its his job to lead. And ill give you that Marbury played good D last year, but what D has he played this year?
    Okay guy, heres trivia for you.

    Which current New York Knick is the only make a playoff appearance in a Knicks uniform?

    Another question to contradict your post.

    What D has Crawford played ever?

    What D has Curry played ever?

    "The fact of the matter is Curry and Crawford haven't won since they been here".

    Everything you say is a contradiction and only builds the strength of validity that Marbury is just a scapegoat for the Isiahsexuals when the weakest links are in my signature.
    Last edited by metrocard; Dec 17, 2007 at 16:41.

  15. #30
    Superstar Pricey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    989
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Fk me!!!!

    I didnt know so many people hated Crawford over there and i just got myself a Crawford Knicks Jersey!!!
    I didnt get Marbury cause i thought he was hated lol.

Similar Threads

  1. Marbury must go!
    By nycefnl in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Dec 09, 2007, 10:10
  2. Starbury...what a joke!
    By JerseyCityNETSfan15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Mar 20, 2006, 08:41
  3. If the Knicks want Brown, get rid of Marbury
    By Cakalusa in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Jul 29, 2005, 21:04
  4. good words from marbury
    By risingknicks20 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Jul 23, 2005, 20:05
  5. Knick Concerns
    By mrj18 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 04, 2005, 14:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •