where's marbury?

reckoning

Benchwarmer
i completely understand him taking time off to mourn the death of his father, but i'm beginning to wonder if that's all there is to the story. i would not be even remotely shocked if he doesn't ever return to the team.

Moz106

Benchwarmer
Nah, Marbury won't desert the team like that, his heart is in the knicks, he took the time off cuz he didn't want to cripple the team's play, Marbs will be back n ready to help this team.....

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
Steph Will Be Back On Monday And I Bet U He Will Be Motivated To Help The Knicks. He Is Just Having A Tough Time. I Hope When He Is Back, Isiah Lets Him Be Himself, Let Him Run The OffenSe And Set Up His Team Mates. Don't Let Crawford Run The Offense. And Steph Has A Good Chemistry With Randolph, It Almost Reminds Me Of Him And Kg In Minnesota Without Him Running The Show Like He Did In Minnesota With Kg. Isiah Is Not A Good Coach, He Does Not Know How To Use His Players To Their Potential. Remember Channing Frye Last Year, He Was Not A Factor As Opposed To The Year Before Last Year When Larry Brown Was The Head Coach. He Used Frye To His Potential And Also Let Marbury Did His Thing Which The Knicks Wound Up With A Six Game Winning Streak Before Steph Went Down With A Shoulder Injury.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
i think it was 7? idk but i wouldent start him the first game he returns...i would bench him and see how good he does if he does he gets his starting spot

reckoning

Benchwarmer
yup, i was wrong. i hope he's feeling up to running this team, because, no matter anyone's opinion on steph, the team definitely didn't win without him.

GetRealistic

Starter
Marbury is the best guard on this team. No reason to bench him.

Other the whole fact he's he hasn't played in over week and most likely hasn't touched a ball in that time period? He's not going to be in basketball shape bring him off the bench. Not to mention Jones and Crawfod have been a solid combo.

metrocard

Legend
Other the whole fact he's he hasn't played in over week and most likely hasn't touched a ball in that time period? He's not going to be in basketball shape bring him off the bench. Not to mention Jones and Crawfod have been a solid combo.

Stop finding little thigns to bitch at Marbury about.

A week of basketball won't get you off basketball shape, how do you know that Marbury doesn't condition to stay in shape? Wow...you're mad retarded, talking about Marbury not being in basketball shape. If thats the cast, why is Richardson, Randolph and Curry starting? They're all out of shape.

Crawford and Jones suck. Any back court with Crawford will suck. We played much better with Marbury/Anderson as our back court...there was balance. Theres too many imbalances on this team.

Benching Marbury wasn't the solution back then, why would it be now? Its not like we're better without Stephon.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Stop finding little thigns to bitch at Marbury about.

A week of basketball won't get you off basketball shape, how do you know that Marbury doesn't condition to stay in shape? Wow...you're mad retarded, talking about Marbury not being in basketball shape. If thats the cast, why is Richardson, Randolph and Curry starting? They're all out of shape.

Crawford and Jones suck. Any back court with Crawford will suck. We played much better with Marbury/Anderson as our back court...there was balance. Theres too many imbalances on this team.

Benching Marbury wasn't the solution back then, why would it be now? Its not like we're better without Stephon.

so now u dont like jones, who do u like besides marbury??? by the way randolph and Q dont seem outta shape, zach doesnt have the physic to look ripped

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

Where can I get that weed you smokin? No combo with crawford will ever be a solid combo, Jones is pathetically a better defender then Crawford but you dont know what to expect on offense from either of them. Players like Crawford who score 25 points one game and 10 points the next 2 games usually come off the bench. Both players are far from solid, Crawford as a point guard = worst starting point guard in the league. Fred Jones = worse starting shooting guard in league, wouldnt be the worst if he was taller. If he was on another team he would be second worst because Crawford is the worst.

Why would you bring Marbury off the bench? They gotta have him start. I think he'll play 20 to 25 minutes. With Starbury in the starting lineup, we have a chance. Without him, starting lineup plays no defense and falls behind early.

metrocard

Legend
so now u dont like jones, who do u like besides marbury??? by the way randolph and Q dont seem outta shape, zach doesnt have the physic to look ripped

Wrong

When you have two chins, you're out of shape.

Rich and Z came into this season very out of shape, their performance has shown it too.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Wrong

When you have two chins, you're out of shape.

Rich and Z came into this season very out of shape, their performance has shown it too.

I think Zach even admitted he was out of shape, you can tell cuz he gets all sweaty and slow. He gives away rebounds, turns the ball over, and misses shots that he should make because he is still out of shape, fat, and sweaty. Its stupid for anyone to try to argue against Zach and I think Q-Rich I dont know if its from being out of shape or the back surgery but hes looked real BAD. This is why I would welcome Ron Artest. And cuz hes from Queens, Hes one of my favorite players, and he brings the best D you can find at the small forward position. Oh yea, he can score too haters.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think Zach even admitted he was out of shape, you can tell cuz he gets all sweaty and slow. He gives away rebounds, turns the ball over, and misses shots that he should make because he is still out of shape, fat, and sweaty. Its stupid for anyone to try to argue against Zach and I think Q-Rich I dont know if its from being out of shape or the back surgery but hes looked real BAD. This is why I would welcome Ron Artest. And cuz hes from Queens, Hes one of my favorite players, and he brings the best D you can find at the small forward position. Oh yea, he can score too haters.

They know who they are

GetRealistic

Starter
I never said to bench him for a long series of time. All i was saying was bring him off the bench his first 2 games just till he gets is basketball flow back. After those two games i have no problem starting him. Arent you a boxer or whatever.... Wouldn't you be rusty after a week of inactivity.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Marbury hasn't proven to me that THIS season he's the best guard on this team... I'm not sure which Marbury or Knicks team you guys have been watching, but without doubt Crawford has been the bes Knicks guard and player THIS season. you could hate onhim all you want but with the exception of only a couple of games Marbury has done nothing this season. marbury is averaging less points, less rebounds, less steals than Crawford and is only averaging .4 (4.5 to 4.9) assist than crawford. Get off Marbury's dick and start looking at how the man is playing this season. except for 3 pt % everything is down for marbury this season as opposed to last..

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Marbury hasn't proven to me that THIS season he's the best guard on this team... I'm not sure which Marbury or Knicks team you guys have been watching, but without doubt Crawford has been the bes Knicks guard and player THIS season. you could hate onhim all you want but with the exception of only a couple of games Marbury has done nothing this season. marbury is averaging less points, less rebounds, less steals than Crawford and is only averaging .4 (4.5 to 4.9) assist than crawford. Get off Marbury's dick and start looking at how the man is playing this season. except for 3 pt % everything is down for marbury this season as opposed to last..

aww man, u going get a lot of hate on this, there is a lot of crawford haters on this site, though i agree wit u, crawford has been the best knick player, but to ppl on this site, crawford could never do right to them which i dont understand cuz he got a good attitude and he has done much more than marbury in his knick tenure and i aint knocking stephon

Kiyaman

Legend

If Crawford is the BEST Guard on this Knick-Team than that explains why we are 7-16.
Since Crawford been in the NBA his teams never gets past a 33 WIN season.
Think about it (NO-DEFENSE!).

Is this Knick Team ready for Marbury return? Hell NO!
Marbury is not the only BIG-Problem on this Knick Team.

This Knick Team BIGGEST Problem starts with the Head Coach and his coaching staff not being on the same-page. Four years and still counting on the Knicks to have a sufficient 8-Man Rotation that could keep the team in the .500 zone after their first 15 games of the season.
And Players like Q.Richardson & Crawford acting like they are NBA Starters which they are not (their NBA career proves that). The two players are outspoken only on this Knick Team their previous teams seen them as Lockerroom cancers towards their teammates performance (another Marbury, they dont enhance their teammates perfomance).

Having not one, but two 30 or more MPG Frontcourt Players that cant play defense of any kind as your BIGMEN (Curry & Zach) without getting into early foul trouble gives the Knicks oposition the edge at the start of every game.
And if the Knicks oposition have scoring BIG-MEN put your money on the Knicks getting blown out.

These Knick Players live on EXCUSES, so it would be in the best interest of the Knick-Team for Marbury to stay away from the team for the next Seven(7) games to see just how much "Team-Ball" and "Team-Play" that "Crawford, Q.Richardson, Zach, and Curry," can co-exist together as "Starters", and with their younger athletic teammates vs the NBA teams in this league.

reckoning

Benchwarmer
i guess we'll see what happens tonight. i imagine steph will start, simply as a sign of solidarity, and play limited minutes after that. this is a game that is winnable, especially with him back in the lineup. hopefully the eddy curry that can play basketball, and play it well, shows up tonight.

metrocard

Legend
I never said to bench him for a long series of time. All i was saying was bring him off the bench his first 2 games just till he gets is basketball flow back. After those two games i have no problem starting him. Arent you a boxer or whatever.... Wouldn't you be rusty after a week of inactivity.

Boxing is different type/intesnity/everything.

I'm sure Marbury conditions at least on a daily basis, thats his job as athlete.

This season we're the worst team in the NBA, so why is it so important to you? Crawford is clogging major minutes but has been more of the problem than the solution.

Isiah's philosophy is to live and die with Crawford and Curry. Bad luck for Isiah, he has died 75% more than he has lived with the Crawford and Curry duo.

Curry can't play with Randolph and Crawford can't play with Marbury.

So lets make it simple.

Randolph >>>>> Curry
Marbury >>>>> Crawford

Curry and Crawford are one dimensional guys that can be utilized on the bench; but honestly we don't need them on this team. They're overrated offensively and are the primary reason along with Q-Rich why our offense is so bad. Now if we take it to defense, Curry and Crawford shouldn't even belong in the NBA.

Being the best Knicks guard this season doesn't mean shit. Crawford's negatives out weight his positives 2nd to most than any player on this team, first would be Crawford.

Who honestly gives a shit if Crawford is a good kid? Thats great and all, but he's holding the team back with his inconsistancy and no effort on defense.

A good night for Crawford is 10-24 FG, 7 turnovers, 5 assist and like 25 points. That sounds familar right?

We lose when Crawford preforms at his best. In order for Crawford to preform at his highest level, the team has to take a hit in turnovers, opponent field goal percentage and other stats we're poor in.

Crawford in his 3 years in a Knick hasn't proven he's a WINNER. The gap between how many games he's lost for us compared to how many games he's won for us is HUGE. Plus, he hasn't dramatically improved his game at all. No progression since the 03-04 season.

Atleast Marbury in his first season as a Knick proved he could carry this team to the playoffs (20 and 9; Marbury's half season is farly superior to Crawford's losing underachieving career combined) with an old veteran roster that relied on defense and put backs...the front court was KT, TT, and Nazr...Marbury's back court buddy was Shandon Anderson. Despite the lack of help, Marbury LEADED and WON that season.

As for Marbury this season, unlike Crawford when Marbury produces we're a much more competitive team because he has superior ability compared to Crawford; Steph can drive as good as anyone at his position, consistent from mid range and is acrobatic around the hoop making him a not only a passing threat, but a scoring threat. Crawford needs 24 shots to score 25, Marbury doesn't.

When we got Crawford, thats when the losing started. We when we got Curry, thats when more losing started. When we got Randolph, we've got to the point to being the worst team in the NBA.

This formula simply means = Isiah's overrated talent does not = wins.

Of course, Knick fans are concerned, I mean who the hell wants Crawford and Curry to lead their franchise? My answers would be obviously, Isiahsexuals, Toronto Raptor fans, Celtic fans, Nets fans, Anti-Knick fans. These group of people love watching us lose, so of course they're going to praise the Knicks for keeping Crawford and Curry in their core.

In conclusion, Crawford and Curry has been the weakest link in the NBA compared to other starting duos. They're also linked to our 20-30 win seasons. The sooner we drop these guys, the faster we get to be finally being competitive.

aww man, u going get a lot of hate on this, there is a lot of crawford haters on this site, though i agree wit u, crawford has been the best knick player, but to ppl on this site, crawford could never do right to them which i dont understand cuz he got a good attitude and he has done much more than marbury in his knick tenure and i aint knocking stephon

If Crawford is the best Knick player, then we're in trouble.

Prove to me Crawford has done more than Stephon Marbury, just don't say it.