Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Malik Rose to be bought out soon

haha.,

yeah., I brought back an old one...

He could've been a decent player if he had been with the right coach. The reason SA didn't want him anymore was because they made a huge mistake with his contract. There was some internal bickering and he wound up sitting on the bench. It doesn't take much to get yourself into Pop's doghouse and he was relegated there for a long while. But he has at least a little bit of talent. At least he used too...

Maybe 10 years ago....

Malik Rose is the Jake Taylor of the NBA....

He is like the old guy at you local YMCA that still wears converse and his socks up .....

always at the gym , but noone wants to pick him up...

Sorry Malik ....

It ain't personal ...its just ball...

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

went news first broke that we got Rose i thought we were getting the decent bench player that comes into games and provides defense and rebounding then i found out we signed him for much more money than he diserved(a theme during the isiah era) we were gonna pay him 8 mi a season thats only a few mill less than what Monta Ellis makes now and Ellis considered a decent 2nd option.Rose is nowhere near Ellis on the court and he danmm sure aint worth the 8 mill he's getting.Not only that but now he dribles like he's Wade and trys to shoot 3's like he's ray Allen are you ****ing kidding me? and then D'Antoni says he wont play Marbs cause he's not part of our future;then why the **** is Rose playing then??...and he's not even worth mentioning in the same breath as Marbury basketball wise. im glad he's going, i wont miss him one bit.

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I don't have any love for Rose, his play on the court was atrocious. His hustle was overrated by his resume in San Antonio. His defense was poor and his offense was even worse(I hate it when he tried to score by himself).

Good riddens.
    I'm with Metro on this one. Malik is useless, we might as well call him jerome james' lost cousin. when he does get minutes he doesnt do anything for the team except take up room on the floor. He had a role in san antonio, he doesnt have on in NY. PeAcE out Malik.

Rose is getting paid over 7 million this year.....get the hell out of this city.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Rose is getting paid over 7 million this year.....get the hell out of this city.
    i am sure if they cut him, and pay him his $$$ he will leave... the question is why ain't they doing it???

maybe tank the year, and get into the lottery... i think we have our 1st rounder this year

Paris, nice to see you back.. Sorry I didn't see that you've been on for a few weeks.. I remember you leaving for a while. Also. guys why cut Rose, he isn't terrible, he is decent. Sometimes you need a player like him. His contract will expire anyway. Who really cares?

Originally Posted by paris401
    i am sure if they cut him, and pay him his $$$ he will leave... the question is why ain't they doing it???

maybe tank the year, and get into the lottery... i think we have our 1st rounder this year
    Might as well use his wasted 7 million on his "experience" and "knowledge" of the game being that he has been playing forever. The dude is a dinosaur,

Malik = Extinct

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    went news first broke that we got Rose i thought we were getting the decent bench player that comes into games and provides defense and rebounding then i found out we signed him for much more money than he diserved(a theme during the isiah era) we were gonna pay him 8 mi a season thats only a few mill less than what Monta Ellis makes now and Ellis considered a decent 2nd option.
    Well that was the trade and the main reason San Antonio wanted to get rid of him. They signed him to a horrible contract after he helped win a championship. Isiah was just that stupid.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Might as well use his wasted 7 million on his "experience" and "knowledge" of the game being that he has been playing forever. The dude is a dinosaur,

Malik = Extinct
    Funny post. Yeah maybe they can bring Pat Ewing Jr. in if they buy him out.

Veteran

Originally Posted by jpz17
    Paris, nice to see you back.. Sorry I didn't see that you've been on for a few weeks.. I remember you leaving for a while. Also. guys why cut Rose, he isn't terrible, he is decent. Sometimes you need a player like him. His contract will expire anyway. Who really cares?
    took a break over the summer as pretty quiet around here, but we b back along with a few new posters, and the **** is starting to flow.... yessssss

Originally Posted by dre48ny
    Funny post. Yeah maybe they can bring Pat Ewing Jr. in if they buy him out.
    Ewing Jr. coming back is in a lot of conversation. Basically the word is that if any player gets bought out this year...Ewing Jr is back. I hope so. He looked great in the pre season and showed some old moves like his pops.

He is also freakishly athletic at 6'8!...has a 42' inch vertical...good wing span...he can be a good SF and a good PF with leaping ability like that.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Ewing JR got some defense and hops and he could make the crowd go nuts with his dunks. I was really pissed off when i found out he was released...hope he comes back

Agree, he should get one more shot. I know his dad's legacy leads to bias but he showed some flashes of his potential.