Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Let our young guys PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 of the starters have to go!

  1. #1
    Member GTKnicksFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    brooklyn NY
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Let our young guys PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 of the starters have to go!

    On this current Knicks team we have 8 unproven players in Renaldo Balkman, Wilson Chandler, Mardy Collins, Jamal Crawford and Eddy Curry(Jamal has been in the NBA for 7 and Curry 6 seasons not one playoff game on their respective resumes), David Lee, Randolph Morris and Nate Robinson none have yet to be in the playoffs. With the exception of Jamal and Eddy this is alright they are mostly rookies and 2nd, 3rd year players.

    Now my beef is with the players that we taken in and not drafted A.K.A ****-Heads and Marbury (Not Starbury)

    Jared Jeffries-whose career average is - 5.6ppg and 4.6rbs with 23.6 mins.
    -whose playoff career average is 7 ppg and 4.9 rbs with 28
    mins. (loser)

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]-whose career average is - 4.6ppg and 3.1rbs with 13.4 mins
    -whose playoff career average is - 9.4ppg and 4.1 rbs in
    21.7 mins. (biggest loser! and waste of flesh)

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]- whose career average is - 7.4ppg and 2.2 rbs with 23 mins
    - whose playoff career average is - 5ppg and 2.3 rbs in 20 mins
    (good solid backup gaurd plays with good energy and has
    talent)

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]- whose career average is - 16.2ppg and 7.9rbs with 29 mins
    - whose playoff average is -12.1ppg and 7.6rbs w/ 25.8 mins
    (an overweight ballhogg , who palys no defense showed it
    last night vs. the pacers)

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]- whose career average is- 11.9ppg and 5.1 rbs with
    28.4 mins
    - whose playoff average is- 11.9ppg and 5.1 rbs with
    37.6 mins ( a good defensive player with attitude but
    is very injury prone and should not be starting)

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - whose career average is- 6.4 ppg and 4.3rbs with 17 mins.
    -whose playoff average is - 6.2 ppg and 4.3rbs with 17.2
    mins.(great role model player for community, but most of his
    career he was a cheerleader and positive guidance to players
    like tony parker, but his impact hasn't isn't on the court... you
    have your ring retire)

    Stephon Marbury - whose career average is- 19.7 ppg and 7.8asst and 3.0 rbs.
    - whose playoff average is 19.4ppg and 6.7asst and 3.8 rbs.( I like Marbury as a man "no homo" but he hasn't ever been past the first round of the playoffs others would say well so has T-Mac but marbury just doesn't have that kind of impact he use to when he was an all star his best years are past him, i want whats best for you man and maybe what he wants isn't the best for the Knicks organization...)


    Guys these players have been to the playoff some haven't made it out of the first round, a captain on our team never made it to the playoffs our young guys don't get running time because of these ball-hogging players who is only about the "me,me,me.." philosophy i hope there is trade in the future within a month.... we need to let our young guys prove themselves look at what the pacers did with Granger young but he had a chance and made the most of it and so did Andre Iguodala, Kevin Martin , Brandon Roy maybe our guy can be This 6'8 defensive minded small forward Wilson Chandler or Balkman you never know ... Give your thought Knick fans thanks

    <GT> outzzz

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Greenwich Village
    Posts
    334
    Rep Power
    9

    Nyk Logo Totally agree

    I just love Lee, Balkman, and Chandler. I think that Robinson, Collins, and Morris have potential. I could care less who starts, more about getting these six consistent minutes.

    The starter question is more about which veterans are really ready to sacrifice for the team. Those who are willing to be role players, I want to keep as mentors. The players who are too selfish to come off the bench are also too selfish to keep on the team.

    Remember that Kevin McHale came off the bench to help his team win. No one on the Knicks today is as good as Kevin McHale was in 1986, 'nuff said.

    Mark Aguirre is another example of a great player who willingly came off the bench. I cannot understand why Isiah cannot see how much of a role model Aguirre can be; as well as a litmus test on who deserves to be nurtured, and who is a *user* who is milking you and the team dry.

  3. #3
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Why are there so many people on this site excited about Wilson Chandler? Personally, i thought that was a horrible draft choice. We already have Balkman and Jeffries. I've not been impressed at all with Chandler. The few minutes I've seen him play in garbage time against scrubs he has looked awful. Just another athletic small forward with no jumpshot. Isiah loves these guys (e.g. Ariza, Balkman, Jeffries). We should have drafted Sean Williams, Quincy Douby, or sent Chandler to the D-League and kept D. Nich.

  4. #4
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Part of the problem is that all of our starters get paid very high salaries. Isaiah will not bench his whole starting five because he either gave or brought their contracts here. As much as I would like to see just how good Chandler, Balkman, Collins and Morris can be in this league, it won't happen. I think he'll go as far as to replace maybe 2 starters, but that’s it. IT doesn't want to have to justify not starting almost 70 million worth of salaries.

    I agree with you LJ4ptplay, Chandler did not need to be drafted since we already had a starting SF and two backups. Nichols would have been the better choice overall. I think Chandler is a solid player, but he's facing career suicide being on this roster. Even if Q gets traded, Jeffries and Balkman are still ahead of him on the depth chart.

  5. #5
    Member GTKnicksFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    brooklyn NY
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Part of the problem is that all of our starters get paid very high salaries. Isaiah will not bench his whole starting five because he either gave or brought their contracts here. As much as I would like to see just how good Chandler, Balkman, Collins and Morris can be in this league, it won't happen. I think he'll go as far as to replace maybe 2 starters, but thatís it. IT doesn't want to have to justify not starting almost 70 million worth of salaries.

    I agree with you LJ4ptplay, Chandler did not need to be drafted since we already had a starting SF and two backups. Nichols would have been the better choice overall. I think Chandler is a solid player, but he's facing career suicide being on this roster. Even if Q gets traded, Jeffries and Balkman are still ahead of him on the depth chart.
    Hey NYKNYK do u really feel its just to judge a young player in garbage mintues we'll never know how he plays unless he gets meaningful mitues against good solid players "you can only learn when you are pushed agianst the wall" he has to prove himself first in practice then do something in the garbage time he gets and then if he can work his way into the rotation he can be a great or maybe jsut a solid player.

  6. #6
    Member GTKnicksFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    brooklyn NY
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by nixon7
    I just love Lee, Balkman, and Chandler. I think that Robinson, Collins, and Morris have potential. I could care less who starts, more about getting these six consistent minutes.

    The starter question is more about which veterans are really ready to sacrifice for the team. Those who are willing to be role players, I want to keep as mentors. The players who are too selfish to come off the bench are also too selfish to keep on the team.

    Remember that Kevin McHale came off the bench to help his team win. No one on the Knicks today is as good as Kevin McHale was in 1986, 'nuff said.

    Mark Aguirre is another example of a great player who willingly came off the bench. I cannot understand why Isiah cannot see how much of a role model Aguirre can be; as well as a litmus test on who deserves to be nurtured, and who is a *user* who is milking you and the team dry.
    Great point man!

  7. #7
    Member GTKnicksFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    brooklyn NY
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Part of the problem is that all of our starters get paid very high salaries. Isaiah will not bench his whole starting five because he either gave or brought their contracts here. As much as I would like to see just how good Chandler, Balkman, Collins and Morris can be in this league, it won't happen. I think he'll go as far as to replace maybe 2 starters, but thatís it. IT doesn't want to have to justify not starting almost 70 million worth of salaries.

    I agree with you LJ4ptplay, Chandler did not need to be drafted since we already had a starting SF and two backups. Nichols would have been the better choice overall. I think Chandler is a solid player, but he's facing career suicide being on this roster. Even if Q gets traded, Jeffries and Balkman are still ahead of him on the depth chart.
    maybe your right but i think its more towards the money of the starters like you said because talent can be transformed into so many things for axample look at dwight howard raw talent and now look at him an incredible force same can go for sean williams ( hes gonna be one the future pieces to the nets team) i just think if the knicks take some time on chandler he can be as good or better than granger or Iggy look what they did with josh howard and kevin martin all with similar builds and height type to Chandler ... lol i hope if he puts his mind to it he turns into Lebron, he did say to stephon On msg practice that he wanted to be a type of player like Lebron and steph said that a great player to emulate.

  8. #8
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by GTKnicksFAN
    maybe your right but i think its more towards the money of the starters like you said because talent can be transformed into so many things for axample look at dwight howard raw talent and now look at him an incredible force same can go for sean williams ( hes gonna be one the future pieces to the nets team) i just think if the knicks take some time on chandler he can be as good or better than granger or Iggy look what they did with josh howard and kevin martin all with similar builds and height type to Chandler ... lol i hope if he puts his mind to it he turns into Lebron, he did say to stephon On msg practice that he wanted to be a type of player like Lebron and steph said that a great player to emulate.
    Don't get me wrong, I would love to see any of our draft choices emerge into a star in this league. You have to remember though, this is New York and teams in this market hardly ever admit to wanting to go into a rebuilding stage because of all the money the local sports teams generate. If this were Milwaukee or Charlotte, the fans would have no problem accepting the fact that it would take about 2 to 3 years for success to start happening. No matter what Chandler does in practice, he won't see significant playing time unless massive injuries occur. Personally, I wouldn't have drafted him just becasue he's a SF. We could have just go the best shooter available at that point.

  9. #9
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Don't get me wrong, I would love to see any of our draft choices emerge into a star in this league. You have to remember though, this is New York and teams in this market hardly ever admit to wanting to go into a rebuilding stage because of all the money the local sports teams generate. If this were Milwaukee or Charlotte, the fans would have no problem accepting the fact that it would take about 2 to 3 years for success to start happening. No matter what Chandler does in practice, he won't see significant playing time unless massive injuries occur. Personally, I wouldn't have drafted him just becasue he's a SF. We could have just go the best shooter available at that point.

    I need to see more of Chandler before I comment on if we shouldve drafted him or not. I would love to see him play more, its ****ed up that isiah dont give him and Morris more minutes. Sean Williams would had been my pick but he went before we picked.

    I wish i could compare Balkmen and Chandler so I can say whos better but we really aint seen enuff of Chandler. I cant imagine him hustlin like Balkmen but who knows, maybe he can shoot/defend better. It could be a long time before we find out.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,808
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I wish i could compare Balkmen and Chandler so I can say whos better but we really aint seen enuff of Chandler. I cant imagine him hustlin like Balkmen but who knows, maybe he can shoot/defend better. It could be a long time before we find out.
    i like balkman, but i think i can shoot better then him... and probably lee too... these guys have to get a jumper.. i'm not looking for reggie-range... just hit a 8/10 footer... u guy are pro's

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dominica
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by paris401
    i like balkman, but i think i can shoot better then him... and probably lee too... these guys have to get a jumper.. i'm not looking for reggie-range... just hit a 8/10 footer... u guy are pro's
    Didn't Isaiah said Curry was gonna come out of training camp with a jumper???? what's up wit dat??????

  12. #12
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by paris401
    i like balkman, but i think i can shoot better then him... and probably lee too... these guys have to get a jumper.. i'm not looking for reggie-range... just hit a 8/10 footer... u guy are pro's
    True, Ive seen Chandler his some shots but Id like to see more of him (**** Isiah)

    Originally Posted by Moz106
    Didn't Isaiah said Curry was gonna come out of training camp with a jumper???? what's up wit dat??????
    Yea whatever happened to that? Ive seen Curry try a couple of jumpers, short maybe 10 ft jumpers and they looked uglier then Richard Jefferson and Rajon Rondo rolled into one.

  13. #13
    Superstar NicksKnicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Birstall, England
    Posts
    541
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    whats wrong with playing our summer league team abit more? yes it was the summer league but we did go 5-0. There are some great young players in balkman, lee, robinson and chandler. Randolph morris is a good player as is mardy collins! biggest mistake IT made was gettin rid of demi nichols.
    just another mistake on the growing list!

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,301
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    It's been 25 regular season games and the Knicks "MONEY PLAYERS" Marbury, Crawford, Q.Richardson, Zach, and Curry chemistry together is worst now than it was in the Preseason Games. These Five Characters have been averaging 30 or more minutes of playingtime in the last 25 games and still cant play TEAM-DEFENSE together and the 5-players offense (together) is still subject to a 8-17 record.

    It is time to let go of the chains of the Young-Players on this Knick-Team to see if they could co-exist with each other with some steady decent playingtime together.
    The Knicks head coach has stopped Balkman from starting a fastbreak after he grabs a defensive-rebound, inwhich players like Rookie Chandler & Morris would be great fast Finishers on offense with that type of uptempo Defense/offense.
    The Knicks Head Coach stopped Nate from running the ball down the floor (Slow Curry, Zach, and Q.Rich) at a quick uptempo speed to set up a play and shot before the oposing team could all get back on defense or before the shot clock could get to 10 seconds. Forcing Nate to play a Halfcourt offense on every offensive play. This is why we dont see our young players on the court they are used to playing at a fast uptempo game inwhich Marbury was traded from TWO Teams because he was unable to do this on the Nets or the Suns. Curry & Crawford slowed down the Bulls. Q.Richardson was to slow physically & mentally for Nash, Marion, and Amare fast pace offense so he was given the role of just playing the 3-spot (even his lob-passes was off when he got a defensive rebound).
    And last but not least Zach Randolph is no-good on a fastbreak or in the running-game, he is another "Flat-Foot" player like Curry who is not efficient on getting back on defense against any opposing running team offense, and could only play 30 minutes if the team stick to running a halfcourt offense the majority of those 30 minutes.

  15. #15
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by NicksKnicks
    whats wrong with playing our summer league team abit more? yes it was the summer league but we did go 5-0. There are some great young players in balkman, lee, robinson and chandler. Randolph morris is a good player as is mardy collins! biggest mistake IT made was gettin rid of demi nichols.
    just another mistake on the growing list!
    I've actually been wanting to see more of Randolph Morris. Can he possibly be that much worse than EC on defense and rebounding? I guess in the NBA it looks bad when a coach uses his whole roster game after game. Having a set rotation means you have everything under control. so with that said, morris and chandler will continue to keep to be cheerleaders.

Similar Threads

  1. Help me Isiah, I just don't understand.
    By jzero29 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Nov 09, 2007, 09:22
  2. Replies: 79
    Last Post: Jul 25, 2007, 23:38
  3. Status of our young guys??
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jun 22, 2007, 11:55
  4. PLAY THE YOUNG KNICKS!!!!!
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Apr 08, 2005, 18:54
  5. The Centers Thread
    By torres in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Aug 14, 2004, 17:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •