Knicks Best Game this season vs Cavs

Kiyaman

Legend
This Knick-Team finally came out (in the 25th game of this season) by dominated the game from START to FINISH. Great Knick Game!

I give NO-Credit of this 108-90 Knick WIN vs Cavs to the Knicks Head Coach or his Poor Coaching Staff. They are the main reason for this 8-17 record this season.

Every member here should know my position on "Dave Debush Lee" from last season to this past offseason when we aquired Zach Randolph.
David Lee Performance made him the Knicks "STARTER" for all 82 Games of the 2007-8 Season.

David Lee started 7 games in his Rookie Season and the Knicks WON 6 of those games by dominating their oposition from Start to Finish.

I dont give the Knicks Coach or Coaching-Staff any credit for David Lee, Frye, Nate, or Balkman outstanding Raw Rookie Performance because that was their Talents & Skillz they had when they entered the NBA Draft. The Knicks Coaching-Staff did nothing to upgrade any of these players performance (they did more stagnating these young players).
Example:
As Rookies Frye had an inside presence on defense, Nate always ran the ball upcourt at top speed, when Balkman rebounded he would dribble the ball up-court to start a fastbreak or a 3 on 2, David Lee complimentary hustle performance co-existed with all his teammates in any tempo inwhich the Guards play would run. The Knicks Coaching Staff stopped these Players from playing their best fundamental talent that got them into the NBA (Thanks to Isiah Thomas "SAVE-FACE" coaching style that caters to Marbury, Crawford, and Curry one dimensional performance
puke.gif
.)...

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
I had a thought. What would happen if we started Lee. I think he would put up better numbers than Randolph. He may be younger but technically hes perfect. Hes got hustle, defence and finishes well.

The game was good last night. Nates steal just showed what the young dudes on the team bring. Why is Wil Chandler not being played?

Its time the young players had a chance to do their stuff!!!!

BUT we all know it aint goin to happen with Freaky Zeaky in charge!
Im dying to sign the pink slip but cant seen as tho i live in england!!!!!!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
This Knick-Team finally came out (in the 25th game of this season) by dominated the game from START to FINISH. Great Knick Game!

I give NO-Credit of this 108-90 Knick WIN vs Cavs to the Knicks Head Coach or his Poor Coaching Staff. They are the main reason for this 8-17 record this season.

Every member here should know my position on "Dave Debush Lee" from last season to this past offseason when we aquired Zach Randolph.
David Lee Performance made him the Knicks "STARTER" for all 82 Games of the 2007-8 Season.

David Lee started 7 games in his Rookie Season and the Knicks WON 6 of those games by dominating their oposition from Start to Finish.

I dont give the Knicks Coach or Coaching-Staff any credit for David Lee, Frye, Nate, or Balkman outstanding Raw Rookie Performance because that was their Talents & Skillz they had when they entered the NBA Draft. The Knicks Coaching-Staff did nothing to upgrade any of these players performance (they did more stagnating these young players).
Example:
As Rookies Frye had an inside presence on defense, Nate always ran the ball upcourt at top speed, when Balkman rebounded he would dribble the ball up-court to start a fastbreak or a 3 on 2, David Lee complimentary hustle performance co-existed with all his teammates in any tempo inwhich the Guards play would run. The Knicks Coaching Staff stopped these Players from playing their best fundamental talent that got them into the NBA (Thanks to Isiah Thomas "SAVE-FACE" coaching style that caters to Marbury, Crawford, and Curry one dimensional performance
puke.gif
.)...

Isiah did not cater to Randolph and especially Curry last night and thats why we won. The less minutes those 2 get (especially Curry who cant rebound), the more likely we are to win. Young guys Lee especially should be playin more.

I had a thought. What would happen if we started Lee. I think he would put up better numbers than Randolph. He may be younger but technically hes perfect. Hes got hustle, defence and finishes well.

The game was good last night. Nates steal just showed what the young dudes on the team bring. Why is Wil Chandler not being played?

Its time the young players had a chance to do their stuff!!!!

BUT we all know it aint goin to happen with Freaky Zeaky in charge!
Im dying to sign the pink slip but cant seen as tho i live in england!!!!!!!

Welcome nicksKnicks, its good to see all these new members on here it wasnt lookin good just a week or 2 ago. I dont know if Lee would average better numbers then Zach but hes alot more efficient. Z-Bo has proven he can average over 20 a game, actually 23 and I dont think Lee can do this. Rebounding edge I give to Lee cuz he doesnt fade away late in quarters or late in the game like Zach cuz hes in better shape. It would benefit this team greatly to take either Zach or Curry out of the starting lineup and put Lee in.

nyk_nyk

All Star
It appears Isaiah's questioning of the teams heart and courage worked at least for one game. I was getting real tired of him only trying to encourange them in the media. Some players aren't going to understand how bad they suck until they hear the coach say it in public.

This was definitely an exiting win in front of the home crowd but the jury is still out on this team. If they come out tomorrow and play like D-leaguers then it means nothing. Last night Clyde questioned whether they could take this win and build on it since they clearly saw where playing hard for 48 mins can get you.

I hate that D Lee isn't 2-3 inches taller. He would be a great center in this league. Honestly, curry and Steph weren't needed last night at all. I'm not saying they should stay on the bench forever, but guys were playing for the name in front of the uniform last night and that’s true knicks basketball.

The team still has a problem though because we still don't have that #1 option in crunch time. If our defense was solid it probably wouldn't be that much of an issue. AND although Curry had 10 points and I think 5 rebounds in 16 min (actually good) he still doen't affect the game on defense at all. His numbers are very misleading unless you actually see him play. It kills me to understand why he cannot put forth the same effort on defense that he does when he's bullying guys in the paint.

I might be the only one here that see's Curry trying to put forth more effort (whitch still isn't enough) but dam Zack when your shots not falling stop shooting and contribute to the team in another way. The main reason(s) we won last night were Nate and Lee. They were both great to watch. Another reason we won was the limited time both Z-bo and Eddy saw, In my opinion we should have seen even less of Zack. Either way we need to see more of the youth movment by the Knicks. Go Knicks!

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Sophmore slump is not necessarily due to bad coaching, but:
1) opponents adjust to players, taking away their first option
2) not everything that makes a rookie player look good is good for the team
3) as players get more minutes and experience, they face tougher matchups

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I might be the only one here that see's Curry trying to put forth more effort (whitch still isn't enough) but dam Zack when your shots not falling stop shooting and contribute to the team in another way. The main reason(s) we won last night were Nate and Lee. They were both great to watch. Another reason we won was the limited time both Z-bo and Eddy saw, In my opinion we should have seen even less of Zack. Either way we need to see more of the youth movment by the Knicks. Go Knicks!

I agree, why doesn Isiah tell Zack to stop shootin and look to contribute other ways? Ive seen Zach occasionally play hard on defense, when he aint gettin it done on offense he needs to focus on defense and rebounding.

Sophmore slump is not necessarily due to bad coaching, but:
1) opponents adjust to players, taking away their first option
2) not everything that makes a rookie player look good is good for the team
3) as players get more minutes and experience, they face tougher matchups

Good point, look at Channing Frye. Since the 1st half of his rookie season he hasnt been the same. Teams realized that all he can do is shoot, started given him less space and he became a non-factor. I dont like Channing Frye as a player and I especially dont like him as our 2005 draft pick instead of Andrew Bynum.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
damn i see alot of credit going on for players like david lee and nate and they are well deserved but damn jamal had a solid game and he ran the show beautifully, i guess it's gotten to the point where no matter jamal does, he won't get the recognition, i never thought that would happen in NY, by the way, so did Q, Q set the tempo wit knocking those three's down

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
damn i see alot of credit going on for players like david lee and nate and they are well deserved but damn jamal had a solid game and he ran the show beautifully, i guess it's gotten to the point where no matter jamal does, he won't get the recognition, i never thought that would happen in NY, by the way, so did Q, Q set the tempo wit knocking those three's down

LOL thats because the hate for J.C Superstar is at an all-time high. He's been the best knick this season and hardly anyone gives him credit A lot of these so-called knick fans would rather see the knicks lose so they could have something to talk about. shit, even when they win there is something to pick on...

NicksKnicks

Rotation player

Jamal is having a solid season so far. Credit were credit is due. Some may argue about him turning ball over alot and taking supid shots but hes averging 17 ppg and can take clutch shots. Q had a nice game. If he did it consistently then he would be a good player.

knicklover

Benchwarmer

The problem with Jamal is that he's all or nothing and doesn't play defense.

When his shot is dropping, he's a huge weapon (which is what we need if we intend on using Curry in the post and they start double teaming him). However, when he shot is off, instead of deferring to someone who might be hot or foscusing on defense, he still chucks up 20 shots and we get buried.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
every1 needs to just take a step back.. i know it was a great win but its 1 win and there was so much emotion going into it... before we start making more threads praising this effort remember all the other games we watched where everything looked great then next game came along and.....

Knicksfan71

Rookie
Last night proved what I have been saying all along. Lee and Nate need to play more minutes. Also, give credit to the D as well. The defense locked up the Cavs nicely. The Knicks were there on rebounds for once and didn't kill themselves with stupid penalties. Again, it's just one game. It will be wasted if we stink it up against the Bobcats tomorrow.

NYKnicks15

Starter
we have the talent, thats not the issue. its just how we play as an unit. when spreading the minutes around and not catering to "superstars" as previously pointed out WE PLAY GOOD! we always play good when were a man down so to speak. this is the biggest evidence of trade Eddy Curry or Zach Randolph. One needs to go, and i dont care which one. whoever it is, we need to get a shotblocker back. simple as that. I dont think Denver would take curry for camby but i think charlotte (jordan ran)would take him for okafor and another piece to go along and Philly would def take him for Dalembert. we need role players as seen tonight. unselfish role players. at this point..

Curry, Randolph, Richardson, Collins, Chandler are all expandable. get Artest and Dalembert. thats my petition. and we will win.

I only care to keep David Lee, Jared Jeffries, Jamal Crawford (I know, I know), Nate Robinson and Renaldo Balkman.

oh and also! give Randolph Morris a good chunk of minutes, prep him before the game and tell him your main goal is DEFENSE. see how he does before we make a move. cause at his cheap price and young talent id try him first.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

Crawford was not a factor in the 2nd half. He did play good offensivley in the 1st half but he did have too many turnovers. And plus, I gave him his credit check the 2nd page of the Cavs vs Knicks game thread, which is where this discussion should really be takin place. I said that he played well in the 1st half.

Someone on here, I wish I remembered who so i can give them credit keeps sayin that Crawford would be good comin off the bench and I agree. I liked him before he became a starter, I still like him now. I suprisingly like every player on this team even though I want some of them traded, I would root for them elsewhere. Jamal is alot of fun to watch sumtimes with his crossovers and when he starts hittin shots but you never know when hes gonna bring it offensively and he almost never brings it on defense. Despite the fact that I like every player on the team, I have no problem pointing out their weaknesses. Boston fans seem to have the problem that you have, they think Rondo is a great point guard and that hes a great defender. Billups took a shit on Rondo last night. I hate Boston fans, they are the most biased fans in the world. Where was Jamal in the 2nd half?

The problem with Jamal is that he's all or nothing and doesn't play defense.

When his shot is dropping, he's a huge weapon (which is what we need if we intend on using Curry in the post and they start double teaming him). However, when he shot is off, instead of deferring to someone who might be hot or foscusing on defense, he still chucks up 20 shots and we get buried.

Exactly, good post.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
okay. The way the Cavs played made me think James Dolan just paid the Cavs to loose the game on purpose. BUT if it wasn't paid..Good defense and playing the young talents on the team gave us that win. Best defense that I have seen in a long time. I hope to see the same throughout the whole season.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
Isiah did not cater to Randolph and especially Curry last night and thats why we won. The less minutes those 2 get (especially Curry who cant rebound), the more likely we are to win. Young guys Lee especially should be playin more.

Welcome nicksKnicks, its good to see all these new members on here it wasnt lookin good just a week or 2 ago. I dont know if Lee would average better numbers then Zach but hes alot more efficient. Z-Bo has proven he can average over 20 a game, actually 23 and I dont think Lee can do this. Rebounding edge I give to Lee cuz he doesnt fade away late in quarters or late in the game like Zach cuz hes in better shape. It would benefit this team greatly to take either Zach or Curry out of the starting lineup and put Lee in.
well lee has been in the starting line up and he doesent do bad...i mean eh i would separate Randolph and curry actually Curry of the bench and shyt cuz i think he would be more of a problem 4 other teams second unit...and yea sure start lee y not...but he needs 2 get alot better defenselessly

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
well lee has been in the starting line up and he doesent do bad...i mean eh i would separate Randolph and curry actually Curry of the bench and shyt cuz i think he would be more of a problem 4 other teams second unit...and yea sure start lee y not...but he needs 2 get alot better defenselessly

To say Lee is an average defender is givin him too much credit but hes still a better defender then Curry. Lee is smart enough to stay away from Burger King and keep himself in shape.