w/Marbs - Knicks are 5-13(.278%)
    w/o Marbs - Knicks are 3-4(.429%)

w/Marbs - Knicks averaging 92.1 ppg
    w/o Marbs - Knicks averaging 99.9 ppg

w/Marbs - Jamal averaging 16.3 ppg, Fred Jones averaging 3.2 ppg
    w/o Marbs - Jamal averaging 24.1 ppg, Fred Jones averaging 12.3 ppg

Maybe Thomas hopes he stays home?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Starks
    w/Marbs - Knicks are 5-13(.278%)
    w/o Marbs - Knicks are 3-4(.429%)

w/Marbs - Knicks averaging 92.1 ppg
    w/o Marbs - Knicks averaging 99.9 ppg

w/Marbs - Jamal averaging 16.3 ppg, Fred Jones averaging 3.2 ppg
    w/o Marbs - Jamal averaging 24.1 ppg, Fred Jones averaging 12.3 ppg

Maybe Thomas hopes he stays home?
    We're not a better team without Marbury.

We're a better team when Curry's minutes are limited.

Originally Posted by mArBuRyIsAmOrOn
    How pathetically gullible are you anyway. Marbury is doing nothing more than milking this situation for all it's worth in order to prolong the agony of having to get back on Thomass's SS Titanic.
    Riiiiiiiight
    I guess Jordan was doing the same thing in 93 when he retired from Basketball because of the death of his father?
    Or when Odom took months off and also contemplated retirement when he lost his daughter....

They were both milking the situation...right of course. They had to be.

Some fathers actually play a pivotal role in their son's life and that loss cuts very deep.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    We're not a better team without Marbury.
    Of course not. Don't let crazy things like FACTS cloud your judgement.

Marbury has played for UNDERPERFORMING teams his entire career. But I'm sure it was always someone else's fault.

There's so much more to being a basketball player than physical skills. The ability to WIN is most important, and in that area, Marbury is completely inadequate. People who keep buying into his hype are morons. You don't win basketball games by getting the most highlights on Sportscenter.

---

Now, as far as who I'd rather take, Marbury or Jones on my team....it's not even a question. JONES. Jones can't shoot as well, and he can't dribble as well, and he doesn't make as many fancy plays, but in EVERY OTHER ASPECT of the game, JONES IS BETTER. Defense, passing, hustle, rebounding and teamwork, JONES IS BETTER. Being able to win games, JONES IS BETTER. Look at the lifetime winning percentage since they've been in the league...JONES IS BETTER.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Who cares its not like we will get the W with or without Marbs anyway. Who gives a F#ck anymore.

Veteran

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    Who cares its not like we will get the W with or without Marbs anyway. Who gives a F#ck anymore.
    sad.... but true...

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    lol
    Touche!

Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    Riiiiiiiight
    I guess Jordan was doing the same thing in 93 when he retired from Basketball because of the death of his father?
    Or when Odom took months off and also contemplated retirement when he lost his daughter....

They were both milking the situation...right of course. They had to be.

Some fathers actually play a pivotal role in their son's life and that loss cuts very deep.

Spot on! You have just summed it all up in a post!

How pathetically gullible are you anyway. Marbury is doing nothing more than milking this situation for all it's worth in order to prolong the agony of having to get back on Thomass's SS Titanic.
    Are you kidding me??? You must have no idea what it's like to lose a close family member. It's not like he was raised primarily by his mother. His father was a part of his entire life and was very instrumental in his basketball career. It's only been about 3 weeks and people act like he's not supposed to be hurt by it anymore. Some people grieve for months. Plus, it definitely doesn't help when your a sports figure and everyone is all in you business.

I'm 100% sure the man in still grieving.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Are you kidding me??? You must have no idea what it's like to lose a close family member. It's not like he was raised primarily by his mother. His father was a part of his entire life and was very instrumental in his basketball career. It's only been about 3 weeks and people act like he's not supposed to be hurt by it anymore. Some people grieve for months. Plus, it definitely doesn't help when your a sports figure and everyone is all in you business.

I'm 100% sure the man in still grieving.
    Give me a break. There's more going on than just grieving. He's playing games with the Knicks, he's a drama-queen.

He can grieve for his dad and still play the game. I lost my dad a year ago, and I went to work the next day. Someone asked me why I came to work, and I said "why not? I can sit at home and miss my dad, or I can come to work and miss my dad." Marbury is acting like a little baby, or he's trying to worm his way off the team (I hope he succeeds).

Anyway, the more he stays away the more obvious it will become that the team doesn't need him. So, STAY AWAY.

Now....if they could only figure out a way to get rid of Zach Randolph.....

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Sup Roy,

Winning is a team skill where everyone compliments each other and everyone plays a role in winning.

Even with all the losing we've had, the last person to blame is Marbury.

He's role been limited the last two years, thats a fact.

Isiah gave this team to Curry and Crawford and failed the franchise for 3 seasons.

What are you talking about? When does Marbury get on ESPN?

Jones is a better passer than Marbury? You're very delusional.

Originally Posted by Knicks1stLady
    Thats how I feel as well,I would rather keep my mind off it
    Originally Posted by datruth
    i always felt playing basketball was a way to get away from things like dat, i me personally i rather play ball than be home and thinking about da death of a close one but i guess ppl handle it different
    I think it is a long time to grieve, but to Marbury's credit, I think his dad had a lot to do with him and basketball and maybe playing reminds him off something his dad taught him, like a crossover or dribbling threw your legs for the first time. Going threw all the things he went threw this year he may have leaned on his dad a lot also.

The only way this team has a chance of winning is if Marbury plays. He knows what he did last year and he knows what he can still do. Do you think with the money hes made that hes lookin to still take the easy way out? I think with Marbury bein 30 now, he wants to win especially for NY.

By the way, you are a moron. You hardly contribute anything to this forum, its always fire Isiah fire Dolan. I agree with what you say normally, but you dont say much. You have your ******* opinion on why Marbury is missin these games and thats cool, *******. If you think Marbury is the biggest problem on this team I could imagine what you think of Crawford, Curry, and Randolph. You never talk about anyone except Isiah, Dolan and Marbury.

For the record, Jamal always says the right things. Losin your pops has gotta be tough so I give anyone credit who understands what Starbury is going through. ******* fans like you dislike him no matter what he does, it wouldnt matter if he came back and helped lead the team to a .500 record. Theres alot of ******* fans that wont give him credit, and analysts too. People think hes done, F*ck these ignorant opinions. When he gets through grieving I hope Marbury can lead this team to the playoffs so the haters like you get off his ass. He gets no credit for what he did last year either and it pisses me off. Ever since he claimed to be the best point guard in the league people have been all over him. At that point, he was a top 3 point guard. Theres no question about it to me, hes still top 10.

One last thing, although I gave Isiah and Crawford credit at the same time F*ck both of them, they need to go along with Z-Bo and Curry. Dolans stupid drunk ass too.

I saw the abomination of a game last night....down by 30 to the bobcats???

Friggin' Marbury - why did he play some more D and try to push the tempo - we would have had a chance to win.....oh yeah he didn't play - so am I supposed to blame now???

If you want someone to blame - start with Curry.
    Jeez - that fat F#ck doesn't play D at all. - The friggin bobcats had WIDE open layups all night...even Nazr was outmuscling/outrebounding/outhustling that idiot...and guess what - gets paid MLE

Veteran

Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    .and guess what - gets paid MLE
    fuk.. why don't out MLE 's play like that??? we got 2 of em (burger-king , and jefferies)...fuk..fuk..fuk...