Start DeeLee! Start Nate!

CoolClyde

I went to the Knicks/Cavs game on Wed, 12/19. All I have to say is:
Put Nate Robinson and David Lee in the starting lineup.
Nate is capable of 30 points a game, DeeLee is a 20/10 force of nature.

Also, LeBron James IS the king. He would be a great Knick.

Here's my review of the game:
http://www.testpress.net/knicks_cavs_121907.html

Coolness personified Clyde

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer

I like it like a comic my dude but david has a lot before he can average 20 and 10 but a good 15 and 10 for now is all we need but he has to get starter minutes because knicks win when he plays well and when he gets suffienent mintues! isiah is gay!

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
yup i agree!!! nate and D-lee starting
throw in Morris and chandler aswell for more mins and we could possible win some games!!!!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Lee and Robinson are not the answer. I give them credit for not giving up but starting them wont change much. We still need consistent afford and defense. At this point we need a Larry Brown line up change. Move Crawford to point, Richardson to his rightful position of shooting guard and start Balkman. Has Zek gone with this line up at all cause I haven't seen it? Side note: Jeffries was brought in for defense and the fact that he could play 3 positions. If we want to run with a small front court he could have a small amount of minutes at center.

The issues we have aren't just afford they are coaching issues. We've got way too much talent to be losing over Marbury and Curry.

Crawford
Richardson
Balkman
Randolph
Curry

paris401

Starter
i dunno... i don't like nate... too much a chucker... and lee without a 8-10foot jump shot is a bench player...

both high energy guys, but a team with these 2 in the starting lineup will not be a contender...

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
yea man they cant play D...but neither can Randolph and Curry and Crawford...but the defense will definitely worry more about Randolph and Curry and Crawford more then Lee and Robinson

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer

Finally!, someone who thinks D-Lee should start along with nate, I'am a huge D-Lee fan, he is the knicks bench, in my opinion. The only problem is who would be the energy off the bench?

Kiyaman

Legend
Not giving the Best PG Player on this Knick Team the Starting PG Spot (Nate Robinson) after the bereavement of Marbury, indicates the Knicks are going after "OJ Mayo" in this draft.
Every Knick-Fan should know by now that Nate & Lee should be Starters on this Knick Team after the 25th game this season...

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
NO Not OJ MAYO!!!! Derrick Rose.... Rose is has two times more talent then Mayo, and twice as much potential.. Mayo is like a smaller Darius Miles. Overrated...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I like nates mentality, hes tough and hes a self motivated player who is determined to reach his max potential. Players like Randolph and Curry are quick to give up but no matter how much the Knicks are behind by Nate and Lee always play hard. I dont think Nate should be starting, his defense is too bad but Lee belongs in that starting lineup. It pisses me off that Isiah hasnt taken Curry out of the lineup but thats his son. Nate should consistently get minutes off the bench, his energy and hustle are almost always their.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lee and Robinson are not the answer. I give them credit for not giving up but starting them wont change much. We still need consistent afford and defense. At this point we need a Larry Brown line up change. Move Crawford to point, Richardson to his rightful position of shooting guard and start Balkman. Has Zek gone with this line up at all cause I haven't seen it? Side note: Jeffries was brought in for defense and the fact that he could play 3 positions. If we want to run with a small front court he could have a small amount of minutes at center.

The issues we have aren't just afford they are coaching issues. We've got way too much talent to be losing over Marbury and Curry.

Crawford
Richardson
Balkman
Randolph
Curry

Lets do our homework:
Q.Richardson is not a SG! if he were the Clippers & Suns would've kept him.
Crawford is not a PG! if he was the Bulls would not have benched him for two weeks untill he excepted the SG-position.
PG-Crawford and SG-Q.Richardson provided the Knicks with a 23-59 season for Coach Charlie Brown.
Jared Jefferies is a Man to Man defender you bring off the bench mainly in the second half for game strategy.
So lets just drop some of the worst part of these players game at that.

David Lee & N8 Robinson bring alot of other things to the table in their performance to make up for their deficiency on Man to Man defense, plus they play great team defense together, they lead alot of comebacks for this team to say they dont play defense.
That is the reason why both these Players are Starters if given the chance (Even Coach Charlie Brown knew this, if Isiah was FIRED and Charlie Brown would've coached in his second season I'm sure Lee & Nate would've became STARTERS).
Both players performance would move up a notch to the next level if the Knicks had a Dominate Center to play alongside of them (they both showed that playing alongside of C/PF-Davis, and C-Jackie Butler).
Lets hope the Knicks coaching Staff is conditioning 6.11 Randolph Morris for this task in every Practice this season (the guy cant buy any playingtime).

Developing 6.7 Balkman & 6.8 Chandler Raw talent & Skillz to play alongside of each other as a rebounding SF/SG tandem supposed to be a priority on the Knicks top agenda at defending the passing lane when you draft two first rounder (SF) back to back (and your team already have two veteran SF).
Balkman & Chandler are the essential Future of this Knick Team and their overall talent need to be built around so they could add scoring, rebounding, assists, steals, and a energy leadership to their teammates. Their NBA Talents & Skillz supposed to get better each season with the long coaching staff the Knicks have.
Chandler is a scorer that should be in the offensive playbook so he could learn how to score under pressure in the NBA his first season.
Balkman is player that plays well without the ball and should be taught how to slash to the hoop in a Karl Malone or Barkley style in his second season.
Developing these two SF players to play alongside of N8 & Lee would be the Start of a Future 4-UNIT team inwhich you could add either position player as the 5th-Man to this young 4-Man Unit and have success, PG-Marbury, or SG-Crawford, or PF-Zach, or C-Curry, or PG-Collins, or even SG-Jones.

Last edited:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Lets do our homework:
Q.Richardson is not a SG! if he were the Clippers & Suns would've kept him.
Crawford is not a PG! if he was the Bulls would not have benched him for two weeks untill he excepted the SG-position.
PG-Crawford and SG-Q.Richardson provided the Knicks with a 23-59 season for Coach Charlie Brown.
Jared Jefferies is a Man to Man defender you bring off the bench mainly in the second half for game strategy.
So lets just drop some of the worst part of these players game at that.

David Lee & N8 Robinson bring alot of other things to the table in their performance to make up for their deficiency on Man to Man defense, plus they play great team defense together, they lead alot of comebacks for this team to say they dont play defense.
That is the reason why both these Players are Starters if given the chance (Even Coach Charlie Brown knew this, if Isiah was FIRED and Charlie Brown would've coached in his second season I'm sure Lee & Nate would've became STARTERS).
Both players performance would move up a notch to the next level if the Knicks had a Dominate Center to play alongside of them (they both showed that playing alongside of C/PF-Davis, and C-Jackie Butler).
Lets hope the Knicks coaching Staff is conditioning 6.11 Randolph Morris for this task in every Practice this season (the guy cant buy any playingtime).

Developing 6.7 Balkman & 6.8 Chandler Raw talent & Skillz to play alongside of each other as a rebounding SF/SG tandem supposed to be a priority on the Knicks top agenda at defending the passing lane when you draft two first rounder (SF) back to back (and your team already have two veteran SF).
Balkman & Chandler are the essential Future of this Knick Team and their overall talent need to be built around so they could add scoring, rebounding, assists, steals, and a energy leadership to their teammates. Their NBA Talents & Skillz supposed to get better each season with the long coaching staff the Knicks have.
Chandler is a scorer that should be in the offensive playbook so he could learn how to score under pressure in the NBA his first season.
Balkman is player that plays well without the ball and should be taught how to slash to the hoop in a Karl Malone or Barkley style in his second season.
Developing these two SF players to play alongside of N8 & Lee would be the Start of a Future 4-UNIT team inwhich you could add either position player as the 5th-Man to this young 4-Man Unit and have success, PG-Marbury, or SG-Crawford, or PF-Zach, or C-Curry, or PG-Collins, or even SG-Jones.

Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas, Honica and Kwanzaa.
I agree that Balkman and Chandler should get major minutes, but Q's not a shooting guard? Q has always been a shooting guard. He was traded from the Suns because they were trying to improve defensively. Which is why they pulled the trigger on Kurt Thomas, which by the way didn't help much. Let's not get ahead of our selves. Robinson is not a starter. He can flourish right where he is. And as you mentioned, he can't really defend any one due to his size. Crawford on the other hand has great handles and can distribute the ball for the time being.

You've been campaigning for Lee to start for a while now but whom should he start in place? Randolph? The problem with that is Randolph is a better scorer than Lee any day of the weak. Lee doesn't demand double teams like Randolph does and like Robinson, Lee does his best work coming off of the bench. If we traded Randolph my opinion would be different.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
No lineup change is going to right this ship. However, I can't stand watching Randolph and Curry on the court together anymore. Please put David Lee in the starting lineup!

paris401

Starter
i like lee, as well as balkman for their hustle/energy... but a team that has either as a starter certainly will not be a contender...

inserting them in the starting line-up is not the long term solution to our problem...

but don't ask me what is the solution cause i dunno...

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player

Crawford
Richardson
Balkman
Randolph
Curry

This is cool but Randolph & curry together is not gonna work. One has to sit and have Lee start. My choice would be a Balkman Lee and Randolph Lineup. Lee without having an outside shot would be a waste playing alongside Curry.

Crawford
Richardson
Balkman
Lee
Randolph

I believe a line up like this would work if the guys know their roles. Lee needs to stop trying to drive through the lane and dunk on people, he gets shut down like all the time now. He needs to develop a 10-15 foot J same as Balkman, but Balkman, unlike Lee, should try to drive through the lane and dunk on somebody, because unlike Lee, he won't get blocked. But no 3 point shots from Balkman or 20 foot J's. Scorers should be Zach and Crawford, Q-Rich keeping the guys honest with his J, if he can become consistent with it.

Curry Marbury Jones/Robinson Rose/Jefferies off the bench. the "/" is either or but not both. so if its jones coming off the bench, robinson is sitting. This line -up I believe would work. Good job in noting the fact that Q needs to go back to the 2.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas, Honica and Kwanzaa.
I agree that Balkman and Chandler should get major minutes, but Q's not a shooting guard? Q has always been a shooting guard. He was traded from the Suns because they were trying to improve defensively. Which is why they pulled the trigger on Kurt Thomas, which by the way didn't help much. Let's not get ahead of our selves. Robinson is not a starter. He can flourish right where he is. And as you mentioned, he can't really defend any one due to his size. Crawford on the other hand has great handles and can distribute the ball for the time being.

You've been campaigning for Lee to start for a while now but whom should he start in place? Randolph? The problem with that is Randolph is a better scorer than Lee any day of the weak. Lee doesn't demand double teams like Randolph does and like Robinson, Lee does his best work coming off of the bench. If we traded Randolph my opinion would be different.

You have some great points however, Nate overall performance says clearly that he could switch-up the style and controll the tempo of the game better as a STARTER than off the bench. N8 has alot of tricks in his bag for the many Knick opositions who dont want to FOUL N8 early in the first quarter.

The poor slow performance the Knicks been getting from Marbury, Crawford, and Q.Rich the last 3 seasons as starters should make all three of them Bench Players looking for playingtime from the pine, by not being able to give the bench players a lead when they come into the game.

The knicks been losing the majority of their games in the first & third Qtr. with the starters on the court for the last three season.
I actually believe that Marbury & Crawford would be much better than Nate comming off the bench.
The same way I believe that Curry, Zach, and Frye are better comming off the bench than Lee. Why?
N8 & Lee was born to be STARTERS in this B-BALL Game!!!