Marbury & Curry

Kiyaman

Legend
That's it! you cant WIN with Marbury & Curry, and you cant WIN without Marbury & Curry.
So it boils down to the Head Coach and his coaching staff that can't WIN.

Last year this time when Q.Richardson gave the Knicks two months (Oct. & Nov.) of decent B-Ball performance (and thats all he gave since his arrival in June 2005), the best lineup that the Knicks put out on the court were "PG-Nate, SG-Crawford, SF-Q.Rich, PF-Balkman, and C-Lee". There are actually 3-SF in that lineup.
A very small lineup which never stop moving without the ball on both ends of the court.
That lineup did not have any shotblockers or Star-Scorers but they defended the passing-lane just as good as the best defenders in the league to get easy baskets, inwhich we Knick-Fans called them the "Energy Hustle Players" off the bench.
What made that lineup so defying was having Three Rebounding SF (Balkman, Q.Rich, and Lee) that could switch positions at anytime on the court (like the 5-0 Summer League Knicks with three 6.8 players "Balkman, Chandler, and D-Nichols" in the 5-Man lineup).

The Knicks Head Coach and his coaching staff has been going about everything wrong using a Three-Guard Lineup for the last three seasons as if the NBA league is still the sameway it was before the "Jordan Era".
When Chicago Bulls Head Coach Phil Jackson changed the WINNING philosophy of the NBA league with the "TRIANGLE" (3-SF) in "Jordan, Pippin, and Paxon" (3-Championship Rings). Then topped his own Triangle for another 3-Championship Rings with "Jordan, Pippin, Harper, and Kuko," using four-SF in his playbook Triangle method.

Head Coach Phil Jackson came up with that "Triangle" philosophy (3-SF) just to beat Isiah Thomas Detroit Pistons 2-Championship Rings 3-Guard lineup.
Which changed the overall WINNING philosophy of the NBA League in the 1990's.
Take a look at Head Coach Phil Jackson first 2 Championship Rings with the L.A. Lakers using 3-SF in the Starting lineup (PG-6.6 Ron Harper, SG-6.6 Kobe Bryant, SF-6.7 Defensive Player ??? forgot name).

If we pay attention to what Lakers Coach Phil Jackson is doing now in aquiring 6.7 Trevor Ariza whom look to be just a one season Laker project as an above the rim defensive SF/SG that can score on easy baskets, plus overall talents adds pts, ast, stl, and rbds. What is going to happen when Coach Jax assign a personal coach for Trevor Ariza peremeter shooting this offseason?

The Knicks President/Coach and coaching staff are stuck on the 1970's coaching style (3-small Guards) when the NBA League moved up an advanced to BIG-Guard Tandems, or one small fast running PG in the 1990's to outrun oponents on offense. Example:
Spurs small 6.2 PG-Parker has 6.6, 6.7, and 6.8 SG & SF on the court with him at all times.

The Knicks have weapons in using 6.6 Q.Richardson, 6.8 Chandler, 6.8 Balkman, 6.11 Jefferies, and 6.9 David Lee at the SF-position as a Three-SF triangle lineup to compete in this league (having 5-SF on this Knick-Roster makes this a .500 NBA Team.).
If Marbury & Curry can not compete alongside of a three SF-Unit then it is best to look for another team for these two players. But first shop Q.Richardson for anything you can get because he is the number-one cancer on this Knick Team. Because if Q.Richardson dont start he brings havoc to all the rest of his teammates performance just sitting on the bench.
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

metrocard

Legend
Dude, Marbury hasn't even been playing and when he does play, his role is limited as possible.

If you want to logically blame a player it has to go to the guy or guys who control the ball the most.

Randolph
Curry
Crawford

We also have the worst group of Small Foward's in the NBA, with Balkman being the only good one.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
stepped up in... turnovers? stupid screens? what has he stepped up in... He is getting paid 7.5 million per year, I am hopin he could step up. IF I was his size and gettin paid 7.5 mil a yr. I would be a 15p 10rebound player.

paris401

Starter
stepped up in... turnovers? stupid screens? what has he stepped up in... He is getting paid 7.5 million per year, I am hopin he could step up. IF I was his size and gettin paid 7.5 mil a yr. I would be a 15p 10rebound player.

agree... who the fuk cares he is a 'good lockerroom presence'... fuk that... give me a player who gets it done where it counts... on the court...

OAKLEY RULEZ

Benchwarmer
we may not win either way, but at least the second unit works their asses off so much so that fans won't feel totally ripped off paying them outrageous ticket prices for a game.

:wallbash:

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
Marbury Is Not The Problem, If Marbury Is Committed And Motivated, He Can Be One Of The Best Players In The Nba. Isiah Thomas Has To Understand That In Other To Get The Best Out Of Marbury, U Have To Let Him Play The Way He Is Used And Capable Of Playing. Don't Forget During The 2005-2006 Season, When The Knicks Went On A Six Game Winning Streak With A Focused Stephon Marbury Before He Was Injured. Marbury Is Not The Problem To The Knicks Catastrophe. Isiah Has To Realize Marbury's Potential And Then Let Him Play To His Potential And The Knicks Will Be Back In Winning Ball Games.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
yea but like he 2 selfish sometimes man...i mean he is our best player and he needs 2 step up and be a leader and i dont c that from him

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Artest would shame some of these guys into playing better defense, like he did with Sacremento. Here's the only issue. Artest needs shots. He is sometimes like Zach Randolph where he holds the ball to be successful. That would be a starting five alpha types who all need the ball (Curry, Randolph, Marbury, Crawford, and Artest). I can't see this line up surviving or coexisting. Can anyone else? The line up we have now needs more heart, I've said this in several posts. You could ask anyone to coach this team, Red Auerbach, Phill Jackson, Paul Silas, or Jesus Christ. Until this line up eats, sleeps, walks, talks, breathes, lives only NBA basketball, they will continue to be the underachieving frustrating embarassment they've become. The problems aren't coaching. It's always been about heart.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Artest would shame some of these guys into playing better defense, like he did with Sacremento. Here's the only issue. Artest needs shots. He is sometimes like Zach Randolph where he holds the ball to be successful. That would be a starting five alpha types who all need the ball (Curry, Randolph, Marbury, Crawford, and Artest). I can't see this line up surviving or coexisting. Can anyone else? The line up we have now needs more heart, I've said this in several posts. You could ask anyone to coach this team, Red Auerbach, Phill Jackson, Paul Silas, or Jesus Christ. Until this line up eats, sleeps, walks, talks, breathes, lives only NBA basketball, they will continue to be the underachieving frustrating embarassment they've become. The problems aren't coaching. It's always been about heart.

Welcome back. I agree that Artest alone wont lead us to a play off berth. The back court of Marbury/Crawford and front court of Curry/Randolph need to be broken up. I understand that Thomas may not be ready to trade Curry but he should at the very least be benched. Lee can start at Center.

I'd like to see Crawford shipped out for Artest but I'm sure Sac will want more. Still, getting Artest should be a priority. He along side Jeffries and Balkman can encourage the rest of the team to make stops. I'd even start Richardson at the two and have Jones as a reserve. I've been saying this for two + years. Get Steve Blake! Robinson for Blake.

Blake
Richardson
Artest
Randolph
Lee

paris401

Starter
If Marbury Is Committed And Motivated, He Can Be One Of The Best Players In The Nba..

"IF".... they are paying 'towel-head' 20m+ and u have to kiss his ass to motivate him... i think he should be self-motivated .. he's a fuk-in pro..

as to him being one of the best players in the nba... i would comment... but i'm at a loss for words...