Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40

Thread: Larry Hughes on the block.

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Larry Hughes on the block.

    Heard from more than one source Larry Hughes is on the block in Cleveland as his D is always stellar he has sunk to the bench and cant get his rhythm on offense. is makes 12 million+ for only three years left. rumor mill has him going back to Washington but Washington has seemed very uninterested when asked for comment. another source says an Atlantic Division team is trying to make a move for him and speculation leads to the Knicks of 76ers.

    the 76ers are the more likely choice having a deal based around Reggie Evans and Andre Miller and a throw in like newble, simmons etc who expire or have low end cotnracts.

    the one that sticks out to me is the new york knicks. a blockbuster could be possible with the likes of Gooden (who isiah loves) and Hughes (whos D would be worshiped) coming here and Randolph and Craw or Richardson going to Cleveland. it makes sense for both teams i think. Gooden is a hard worker, who has two years left on his contract and hughes (3 years) is a hardnosed defender/slasher who would compliment Marbury in the backcourt put alongside jeffries (former teammate) or Balkman in a good 3 person defense squad.

    i personally would go for this trade. and wouldnt mind seeing it go down. its interesting that Malik, Q, Robinson etc were playing a lot of mins against the cavs. seemed like a showcase to me considering isiah was tryin to land Varajeao in a rose/anderson sign and trade not too many weeks ago.

    stick to topic... whats your thoughts?

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,665
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    makes 12 million+ for only three years left. rumor ?
    he makes 12m this year, 12.8 next year, 13.6 the following year...

    just what we need another ****ty player...

  3. #3
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    he too injury prone, he doesnt even fit the squad

  4. #4
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I would make the deal just to get rid of Z-Bo and Crawford. I think they can find a better deal then this and Id rather see Curry go before Z-Bo even though I want both of them traded. They need to get a defensive minded center in return. Gooden unless he played center would not solve the Curry problem and Lee played powerforward.

  5. #5
    Cutest Guy Here Kennedy Curse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queens New York Ozone park
    Posts
    913
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    are you serious? Hughes...i dont want him...his not consistent and i just dont want him in new york...its true just another ****y player

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yeah sure im down for picking up another ****ty ass player, why not.

  7. #7
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Im gonna have to slap you for bein fresh son....

    Gooden and Hughes vs Randolph and Crawford

    Can you tell me in what way is crawford and z-bo better then hughes and gooden? The way I see it, Gooden and LHugh are better defenders, especially Hughes. Gooden can score and rebound. Hughes can potentially score. They are both more complete then Craw and Z-Bo. This would make our team better. Did anyone notice that I said they could find a better deal then this? SoFresh is just copying theKidd.

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    MSGKNICKZ::::BOOOO YOUUU SONN!!!


    terrriiibblleeee idea. imagine trading randolph and crawford for gooden and hughes. ahhhh i would throw up watching the knicks if they ever made that sorry trade. gooden and randolph are the same player except gooden is barely a better defender with MUCH less offensive game. hughes is absolutely terrible on offense since coming to cleveland, not to mention that hes hardly ever healthy enough to play at 100%. on the other hand, jamal crawford is the only knick that is able to generate any offense whatsoever, and imagining the knicks without him in the line up is absolutely painful. im sorry, but you are absolutely dreaming if you think this trade would ever happen.

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by GM_in_2020
    MSGKNICKZ::::BOOOO YOUUU SONN!!!


    terrriiibblleeee idea. imagine trading randolph and crawford for gooden and hughes. ahhhh i would throw up watching the knicks if they ever made that sorry trade. gooden and randolph are the same player except gooden is barely a better defender with MUCH less offensive game. hughes is absolutely terrible on offense since coming to cleveland, not to mention that hes hardly ever healthy enough to play at 100%. on the other hand, jamal crawford is the only knick that is able to generate any offense whatsoever, and imagining the knicks without him in the line up is absolutely painful. im sorry, but you are absolutely dreaming if you think this trade would ever happen.

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Why is everybody trying to trade a double double every night, I hate to play race but DAM if My KNICKS Had a white player averaging a double double he would be worshiped. Didnt we just spank the cav's. Drew gooden is a bum and so is larry if you cant shine with all the attention that labron gets on the court do you really think you can come make it in the big apple.... Larry hughes is on fire yeah right and drew who hahha. Keep the faith my fellow fans we are only a couple games out of the playoff hunt.

    Now if your talking about Artest lets.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,665
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by GhostBrown
    Why is everybody trying to trade a double double every night, I hate to play race but DAM if My KNICKS Had a white player averaging a double double he would be worshiped. Didnt we just spank the cav's. Drew gooden is a bum and so is larry if you cant shine with all the attention that labron gets on the court do you really think you can come make it in the big apple.... Larry hughes is on fire yeah right and drew who hahha. Keep the faith my fellow fans we are only a couple games out of the playoff hunt.

    Now if your talking about Artest lets.
    we have a white boy averaging a double/double... david lee... BIG-DEAL..

  12. #12
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,688
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    15 Kudos again!

    This would be a good trade. You guys need to understand that there is no quick fix for the Knicks. Kobe aint coming and the light at the end of the tunnel is a train. The only issue I can see is I don't know if Thomas is ready to part with Randolph. I can see him trading Crawford/Rose. I can't call what he'll do but it's clear that Curry/Randolph is another Francis/Marbury. Some one has to go!

  13. #13
    Cutest Guy Here Kennedy Curse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queens New York Ozone park
    Posts
    913
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    but have you guys seen cleaveland play...and HUGHES play...god i think everyone in the Cavs suckz accept Lebron...like god how many times can they miss...they are good offensive rebounding team cuz they keep ****ing missing >_<

  14. #14
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    15 Kudos again!

    This would be a good trade. You guys need to understand that there is no quick fix for the Knicks. Kobe aint coming and the light at the end of the tunnel is a train. The only issue I can see is I don't know if Thomas is ready to part with Randolph. I can see him trading Crawford/Rose. I can't call what he'll do but it's clear that Curry/Randolph is another Francis/Marbury. Some one has to go!
    Gooden and Hughes are better then Zach and Crawford. New jacks need to take a look at Crawfords shooting percentages. I would rather have a good defensive shooting guard then the worst starting shooting guard in the NBA, Jamal Crawford. Gooden is more of a team player then Z-Slow. Donchris, one of the few times where I partially agree with you but I would make a deal for a Center and have it involve Eddy Curry instead. Samuel Dalembert would help this team out alot. Dwight Howard averages just as many blocks as the Knicks. Randolph and Curry cant get off the ground because they eat Burget King before games. Nate Robinson is a better rebounder then Curry.

  15. #15
    Cutest Guy Here Kennedy Curse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queens New York Ozone park
    Posts
    913
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    ok gooden im good wit...but i just dont like HUGHES...its gonna be another Jamal basically just betta defender...i mean he cant shoot...and from watching the knicsk we cant even score good nomore....we need a good consistent scorer

Similar Threads

  1. "Wrong Way Larry Brown"
    By MichaelAngelo in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 14, 2006, 21:07
  2. Job evaluation - Larry Brown!?
    By mdelton in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Apr 26, 2006, 14:36
  3. larry brown has to go...
    By sxmarbury516 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Apr 07, 2006, 16:32
  4. Who's to Blame, Larry Brown or Isiah Thomas?
    By alonreppinNY23 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Feb 27, 2006, 17:10
  5. Who's gone, who's going up, now that Larry is here?
    By portega1968 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 30, 2005, 22:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •