Larry Hughes on the block.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Heard from more than one source Larry Hughes is on the block in Cleveland as his D is always stellar he has sunk to the bench and cant get his rhythm on offense. is makes 12 million+ for only three years left. rumor mill has him going back to Washington but Washington has seemed very uninterested when asked for comment. another source says an Atlantic Division team is trying to make a move for him and speculation leads to the Knicks of 76ers.

the 76ers are the more likely choice having a deal based around Reggie Evans and Andre Miller and a throw in like newble, simmons etc who expire or have low end cotnracts.

the one that sticks out to me is the new york knicks. a blockbuster could be possible with the likes of Gooden (who isiah loves) and Hughes (whos D would be worshiped) coming here and Randolph and Craw or Richardson going to Cleveland. it makes sense for both teams i think. Gooden is a hard worker, who has two years left on his contract and hughes (3 years) is a hardnosed defender/slasher who would compliment Marbury in the backcourt put alongside jeffries (former teammate) or Balkman in a good 3 person defense squad.

i personally would go for this trade. and wouldnt mind seeing it go down. its interesting that Malik, Q, Robinson etc were playing a lot of mins against the cavs. seemed like a showcase to me considering isiah was tryin to land Varajeao in a rose/anderson sign and trade not too many weeks ago.

stick to topic... whats your thoughts?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I would make the deal just to get rid of Z-Bo and Crawford. I think they can find a better deal then this and Id rather see Curry go before Z-Bo even though I want both of them traded. They need to get a defensive minded center in return. Gooden unless he played center would not solve the Curry problem and Lee played powerforward.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
are you serious? Hughes...i dont want him...his not consistent and i just dont want him in new york...its true just another shity player

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Im gonna have to slap you for bein fresh son....

Gooden and Hughes vs Randolph and Crawford

Can you tell me in what way is crawford and z-bo better then hughes and gooden? The way I see it, Gooden and LHugh are better defenders, especially Hughes. Gooden can score and rebound. Hughes can potentially score. They are both more complete then Craw and Z-Bo. This would make our team better. Did anyone notice that I said they could find a better deal then this? SoFresh is just copying theKidd.

MSGKNICKZ::::BOOOO YOUUU SONN!!!

terrriiibblleeee idea. imagine trading randolph and crawford for gooden and hughes. ahhhh i would throw up watching the knicks if they ever made that sorry trade. gooden and randolph are the same player except gooden is barely a better defender with MUCH less offensive game. hughes is absolutely terrible on offense since coming to cleveland, not to mention that hes hardly ever healthy enough to play at 100%. on the other hand, jamal crawford is the only knick that is able to generate any offense whatsoever, and imagining the knicks without him in the line up is absolutely painful. im sorry, but you are absolutely dreaming if you think this trade would ever happen.

:gony::gony::gony:
MSGKNICKZ::::BOOOO YOUUU SONN!!!

terrriiibblleeee idea. imagine trading randolph and crawford for gooden and hughes. ahhhh i would throw up watching the knicks if they ever made that sorry trade. gooden and randolph are the same player except gooden is barely a better defender with MUCH less offensive game. hughes is absolutely terrible on offense since coming to cleveland, not to mention that hes hardly ever healthy enough to play at 100%. on the other hand, jamal crawford is the only knick that is able to generate any offense whatsoever, and imagining the knicks without him in the line up is absolutely painful. im sorry, but you are absolutely dreaming if you think this trade would ever happen.

:afro:Why is everybody trying to trade a double double every night, I hate to play race but DAM if My KNICKS Had a white player averaging a double double he would be worshiped. Didnt we just spank the cav's. Drew gooden is a bum and so is larry if you cant shine with all the attention that labron gets on the court do you really think you can come make it in the big apple.... Larry hughes is on fire yeah right and drew who hahha. Keep the faith my fellow fans we are only a couple games out of the playoff hunt.

Now if your talking about Artest lets.

paris401

Starter
:afro:Why is everybody trying to trade a double double every night, I hate to play race but DAM if My KNICKS Had a white player averaging a double double he would be worshiped. Didnt we just spank the cav's. Drew gooden is a bum and so is larry if you cant shine with all the attention that labron gets on the court do you really think you can come make it in the big apple.... Larry hughes is on fire yeah right and drew who hahha. Keep the faith my fellow fans we are only a couple games out of the playoff hunt.

Now if your talking about Artest lets.

we have a white boy averaging a double/double... david lee... BIG-DEAL..

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
15 Kudos again!

This would be a good trade. You guys need to understand that there is no quick fix for the Knicks. Kobe aint coming and the light at the end of the tunnel is a train. The only issue I can see is I don't know if Thomas is ready to part with Randolph. I can see him trading Crawford/Rose. I can't call what he'll do but it's clear that Curry/Randolph is another Francis/Marbury. Some one has to go!

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
but have you guys seen cleaveland play...and HUGHES play...god i think everyone in the Cavs suckz accept Lebron...like god how many times can they miss...they are good offensive rebounding team cuz they keep fucking missing >_<

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
15 Kudos again!

This would be a good trade. You guys need to understand that there is no quick fix for the Knicks. Kobe aint coming and the light at the end of the tunnel is a train. The only issue I can see is I don't know if Thomas is ready to part with Randolph. I can see him trading Crawford/Rose. I can't call what he'll do but it's clear that Curry/Randolph is another Francis/Marbury. Some one has to go!

Gooden and Hughes are better then Zach and Crawford. New jacks need to take a look at Crawfords shooting percentages. I would rather have a good defensive shooting guard then the worst starting shooting guard in the NBA, Jamal Crawford. Gooden is more of a team player then Z-Slow. Donchris, one of the few times where I partially agree with you but I would make a deal for a Center and have it involve Eddy Curry instead. Samuel Dalembert would help this team out alot. Dwight Howard averages just as many blocks as the Knicks. Randolph and Curry cant get off the ground because they eat Burget King before games. Nate Robinson is a better rebounder then Curry.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
ok gooden im good wit...but i just dont like HUGHES...its gonna be another Jamal basically just betta defender...i mean he cant shoot...and from watching the knicsk we cant even score good nomore....we need a good consistent scorer

GetRealistic

Starter
The thing is fellas, despite most peoples opinion, Isiah loves Crawford so he'd be one of the last people traded. But i wouldn't mind Hughes if it ment giving up Randolph. But would the Cavs take on Q Rich?

My question is why not go for a real blockbuster and involve Marbury. I know there's a million Marbury lovers on this site but lets be honest his act has worn thin on the team, media, fans. I'm not good on making trades but this works money wise. And i preference this trade with this, obviously overal talent wise we lose out, but teamwise i really think we get better.

To Cavs
Randolph- Much needed sidekick for Lebron
Marbury-

To Knicks
Hughes - Good defender, can guard 3 positions. And has potential to score he did average 22.1 his last year in Washington
Gooden- Stats don't indicate it but hes better then ZBO
Snow- Vet guard helps match salary
Jones- Shooter helps match salary

Potential Lineups

Hughes
Crawford
Jefferies/Balkman/Q
Lee
Curry

Nate
Crawford
Hughes
Lee
Curry

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
idk i just dont want nowun from cleaveland...i think we need a superstar in NY some1 that can be a leader and carry this team

SoFresH

Rookie
Im gonna have to slap you for bein fresh son....

Gooden and Hughes vs Randolph and Crawford

Can you tell me in what way is crawford and z-bo better then hughes and gooden? The way I see it, Gooden and LHugh are better defenders, especially Hughes. Gooden can score and rebound. Hughes can potentially score. They are both more complete then Craw and Z-Bo. This would make our team better. Did anyone notice that I said they could find a better deal then this? SoFresh is just copying theKidd.

Copying? The dude breaks his fucking finger every other game, hes become a god awful shooter, and a lousy defender. He was decent in Washington maybe its the team hes on now but from what i See of him is he is garbage especially a guy who has plays 30 minutes a game and barely breaks 10 points. Honestly I would rather have crawford then hughes, as for gooden I would take him over Randolph.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
? SoFresh is just copying theKidd.
>_<...man idk but i just dont like Cleveland...after i saw them against San Antonio i felt bad 4 Lebron...i would rather have Gibson...he is good dow but like Hughes i jsut dont c it...he is just another crawford in my eyes but better defender...i mean his not consistent and like we need a defender and a SCORER...cuz we dont have non rite now...we have a kitty squad and we need both defense and offense now...thats y i want Ron Ron here in nyc

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Why trade Randolph over Curry? Nether one play defense but Randolph is the better player of the two. Marbury isn't tradable. He will only hurt any team he plays for. All we can do is buy Marbury out. I say let his contract expire or trade him over the summer. (With one year remaining on his contract next summer Marbury will be tradable.)

Crawford is streaky. Larry Brown actually had Crawford playing defense. If he can get back to that I can see keeping him, but clearly the front and back court need to be broken up. Ether Curry/Crawford or Randolph/Marbury must go or improve their play NOW.