Larry Hughes on the block.

metrocard

Legend
Why trade Randolph over Curry? Nether one play defense but Randolph is the better player of the two. Marbury isn't tradable. He will only hurt any team he plays for. All we can do is buy Marbury out. I say let his contract expire or trade him over the summer. (With one year remaining on his contract next summer Marbury will be tradable.)

Crawford is streaky. Larry Brown actually had Crawford playing defense. If he can get back to that I can see keeping him, but clearly the front and back court need to be broken up. Ether Curry/Crawford or Randolph/Marbury must go or improve their play NOW.

Marbury only has one year left on his contract, which makes him more tradable than more cancerous players (that made us worse, we made the playoffs with Marbury alone) like Randolph, Curry, Crawford and Richardson.

Moz106

Benchwarmer
We don't need either Hughes or Gooden, we desperately need a shot blocker, to be honest the 1st person off my head that cud complement curry, gooden came to mind, but lets 1st concentrate on tryin to bring in a shot blocker, damn we shud still have joel pryzbilla....

nyk_nyk

All Star
MSGKNICKZ::::BOOOO YOUUU SONN!!!

terrriiibblleeee idea. imagine trading randolph and crawford for gooden and hughes. ahhhh i would throw up watching the knicks if they ever made that sorry trade. gooden and randolph are the same player except gooden is barely a better defender with MUCH less offensive game. hughes is absolutely terrible on offense since coming to cleveland, not to mention that hes hardly ever healthy enough to play at 100%. on the other hand, jamal crawford is the only knick that is able to generate any offense whatsoever, and imagining the knicks without him in the line up is absolutely painful. im sorry, but you are absolutely dreaming if you think this trade would ever happen.
+1
You read my mind on that one. You have to give the edge slightly to Zach and Jamal. Better offensive skills and there's not enough of a gap on defense to pull the trigger on that trade. Sure Hughes is a better on ball defender, but as soon as he starts trying to score you'll be missing what Jamal can do. I really like Gooden, and actually I wouldn't mind a swap there but I'd still prefer Zach.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Copying? The dude breaks his fucking finger every other game, hes become a god awful shooter, and a lousy defender. He was decent in Washington maybe its the team hes on now but from what i See of him is he is garbage especially a guy who has plays 30 minutes a game and barely breaks 10 points. Honestly I would rather have crawford then hughes, as for gooden I would take him over Randolph.

Again, lets remember that I said in my first post that I would look for a better trade than this although this is an improvement, almost any trade gettin rid of Curry Crawford and Z-Bo helps. Hughes isnt really that good but Crawford hurts this team. He is a negative player, he contributes nothing. He only takes away. Even if he scores alot, he gives up more points then he scores and he misses alot of shots. He is a terrible shooter, its tough watching him. Sometimes he'll start hitting his shots but he'll still end up shooting 10-25 and HE NEVER PLAYS ANY DEFENSE, NONE. At least Hughes can play some defense still. He would contribute more to this team then Hughes.

>_<...man idk but i just dont like Cleveland...after i saw them against San Antonio i felt bad 4 Lebron...i would rather have Gibson...he is good dow but like Hughes i jsut dont c it...he is just another crawford in my eyes but better defender...i mean his not consistent and like we need a defender and a SCORER...cuz we dont have non rite now...we have a kitty squad and we need both defense and offense now...thats y i want Ron Ron here in nyc

I want Ron Ron here too, I dont even like the Cleveland trade. All I said was Gooden and Hughes are better then Crawford and Z-Bo. The Knicks can do better than this.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
+1
You read my mind on that one. You have to give the edge slightly to Zach and Jamal. Better offensive skills and there's not enough of a gap on defense to pull the trigger on that trade. Sure Hughes is a better on ball defender, but as soon as he starts trying to score you'll be missing what Jamal can do. I really like Gooden, and actually I wouldn't mind a swap there but I'd still prefer Zach.

Zach is not a team player. He fades away after being on the court for too long cuz hes not in shape. When this happens, his offense gets sloppy and he gives away rebounds. Gooden is a team player who doesnt require as many touches as Zach. Hes a better defender. This team would be better with Hughes and Gooden. Z-Bo is very talented but hes selfish and hes not in shape, its easy to see that. Why do you think he gets off to good starts and fades away later in quarters and games? The answer, too much Burger King.

pat

Starter
The thing is fellas, despite most peoples opinion, Isiah loves Crawford so he'd be one of the last people traded. But i wouldn't mind Hughes if it ment giving up Randolph. But would the Cavs take on Q Rich?

My question is why not go for a real blockbuster and involve Marbury. I know there's a million Marbury lovers on this site but lets be honest his act has worn thin on the team, media, fans. I'm not good on making trades but this works money wise. And i preference this trade with this, obviously overal talent wise we lose out, but teamwise i really think we get better.

Yeah, I kind of like the idea. With Lebron on the team Marbury could relax a little and concentrate on passing. This would give him probably his last chance to show that he can contribute and WIN. I really couldn't care less what we would get. The best thing would be expiring contracts. From my point of view the main issue this year should be to give N8, Lee and Balkman, and Collins as many minutes as possible. This team is never going to reach the playoffs anyway!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I would make a trade for Huges if we got him for Crawford and another player that can match the salary requirement, like Jones. Huges is streaky when it come to his offense but he is solid on the D which is what the Knicks need on the perimeter. He is injury prone though, but most NBA guys are. I would have to have an extensive medical exam done on him before committing to that. Still I would make that trade if it was exactly for Crawford and a salary guy not if I had to include any of the young players. I would keep Zach over Gooden though. Gooden is a better defender but Zach is clearly a better rebounder and offensive force. I would trade Curry for Gooden though :)

dre48ny

Rotation player
How about this

Send Marbury to Miami for the expiring contracts of jason williams and ricky davis ( free agents next year) Stephon can have a change of scenery and maybe he'll get along with Shaq and wade. Miami can still make a run with this weak ass EAST. I don't see another fit for Marbury. Jwill and ricky davis are on the trading block. Marbury is going through a lot and his relationship with Isaiah is sour. He needs to get away for a little bit.

Send Zach randolph to sacramento for Artest and abdur-rahim ( rahim would be a throw in to match contracts)
Randolph would be happier back on the west coast and we all know our boy artest from queens bridge would love playing in the garden.

Jason williams/nate robinson
jamal crawford/ricky davis
ron artest/ jared jefferies
david lee/shareef abdur-rahim
eddy curry/morris

Jwill and davis will come off the cap 2008/2009

Knicks can hopefully draft a real center or a top point guard as a lottery pick.

Better defense by having artest, williams, and Lee. Curry, crawford, and artest can take care of scoring. J will can get you assists and three pointers.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I would like to see Marbury go to the Atlanta Hawks. They have a 15-12 record. I knew this was gonna be the year where they finally started playin better and 2 other people also predicted this: Metrocard and Charles Barkley. I would cut off one of my legs and trade it to Atlanta for Josh Smith. Marbury would make this team even better.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
We need to do one thing and one thing only. If we do anything more than that it will more of the same stupidity that put us into this position to begin with.

The one thing they need to do is trade either Curry or Zach.

If we trade Curry, we need a defensive minded rebounding and shot blocking center to make up for Zachs deficiencies. That way Zach can get his 20+ and 10+ per night without being too much of a liability on defense etc...

If we trade Zach, we can move Lee to PF, retain the rebounding, and upgrade the defense and energy a little to offset Curry. In a trade for Zach, we need a consistent outside shooting SF that can also play some defense. Think "Artest", but without the baggage. That way we can finally get QRich on the bench where he belongs. He is a horrible shooter. We give up way too much to everyone with QRich at SF. The addition of an outside shooter at SF will automatically make him and Curry better because they won't be able to double Curry as easily. If they do, there will be someone knocking down open outside shots at a much better clip than Qrich.

Once we do that we can stop and let the chips fall where they may for this year.

In all probability, that means we will be getting a good lottery pick in the next draft.

With a good lottery pick we can pick up a legitimate PG or a consistent SG (Crawford is way too inconsistent at that spot and should be coming off the bench) depending on who is available. The following year Marbury's contract is gone. Depending on who we draft, we can then afford to bring in a star player from outside to fill in any gaps.

That's the correct 2/3 year master plan for patient fans. Lets just hope they don't screw it up again by doing something that doesn't have to be done. Things are better than they look. The worse we play, the better our pick. That is actually a good thing because no matter what we can't win it all with this team. We need a star player and are only 2 years from potentially getting 2 if we just relax.

Of course, it would also be nice if we get rid of Isiah soon.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Send Marbury to Miami for the expiring contracts of jason williams and ricky davis ( free agents next year) Stephon can have a change of scenery and maybe he'll get along with Shaq and wade. Miami can still make a run with this weak ass EAST. I don't see another fit for Marbury. Jwill and ricky davis are on the trading block. Marbury is going through a lot and his relationship with Isaiah is sour. He needs to get away for a little bit.

Send Zach randolph to sacramento for Artest and abdur-rahim ( rahim would be a throw in to match contracts)
Randolph would be happier back on the west coast and we all know our boy artest from queens bridge would love playing in the garden.

Jason williams/nate robinson
jamal crawford/ricky davis
ron artest/ jared jefferies
david lee/shareef abdur-rahim
eddy curry/morris

Jwill and davis will come off the cap 2008/2009

Knicks can hopefully draft a real center or a top point guard as a lottery pick.

Better defense by having artest, williams, and Lee. Curry, crawford, and artest can take care of scoring. J will can get you assists and three pointers.

Im not sure what you talkin about with Jay Williams playin good defense and gettin assists. He wont get assists on this team. Ricky Davis doesnt do much but hes better then Crawford. Im not sure if the contracts would match up with your trades but even without Marburys contract I think were still over the cap. If this is true Id prefer to keep Marbury and find another deal with Crawford, Curry, and someone else for a better sg and C. I want to buy a ron Artest jersey but im waitin for him to come to the Knicks.

We need to do one thing and one thing only. If we do anything more than that it will more of the same stupidity that put us into this position to begin with.

The one thing they need to do is trade either Curry or Zach.

If we trade Curry, we need a defensive minded rebounding and shot blocking center to make up for Zachs deficiencies. That way Zach can get his 20+ and 10+ per night without being too much of a liability on defense etc...

If we trade Zach, we can move Lee to PF, retain the rebounding, and upgrade the defense and energy a little to offset Curry. In a trade for Zach, we need a consistent outside shooting SF that can also play some defense. Think "Artest", but without the baggage. That way we can finally get QRich on the bench where he belongs. He is a horrible shooter. We give up way too much to everyone with QRich at SF. The addition of an outside shooter at SF will automatically make him and Curry better because they won't be able to double Curry as easily. If they do, there will be someone knocking down open outside shots at a much better clip than Qrich.

Once we do that we can stop and let the chips fall where they may for this year.

In all probability, that means we will be getting a good lottery pick in the next draft.

With a good lottery pick we can pick up a legitimate PG or a consistent SG (Crawford is way too inconsistent at that spot and should be coming off the bench) depending on who is available. The following year Marbury's contract is gone. Depending on who we draft, we can then afford to bring in a star player from outside to fill in any gaps.

That's the correct 2/3 year master plan for patient fans. Lets just hope they don't screw it up again by doing something that doesn't have to be done. Things are better than they look. The worse we play, the better our pick. That is actually a good thing because no matter what we can't win it all with this team. We need a star player and are only 2 years from potentially getting 2 if we just relax.

Of course, it would also be nice if we get rid of Isiah soon.

Not bad, one thing I disagree with is ARtest bein a problem. Hes been good so far this season and what you said is a bad reason. Artest doesnt come with baggage. He comes with great defense, good offense, rebounding, intensity, and heart. Hes also a team player. Indiana had a good team, they were fun to watch with artest. I was upset to see him go to Sacramento but he can come to the Knicks anytime, sooner the better.

Besides that like you stated in your last sentence Isiah needs to go first but after him either Eddy or Zach I would prefer McFlurry.

NYKnicks15

Starter
alright time for the old moderator here to drop down from his post and get a little heated. i try to be neutral state my opinion and leave it at that without making too much of a ripple.. but here it goes...

THESE POSTS ARE EXACTLY WHATS WRONG WITH KNICKS FANS!

I know I started and its not the thread itself its the posts within. let me break it down for you guys. despire datruth who had a good answer and a few others who were in favor..

we can never agree on the isiah firing thing. good GM bad GM. we can never agree on crawford or marbury or robinson or randolph. we can never agree on curry. never agree on lineups and minutes. but we can all agree the chemistry on this team is garbage... the defense on this team is garbage... the overall makeup of this team is garbage. and we ALL hate losing.

WE HAVE A LOT, let me repeat that, A LOT of talent. dont get me wrong. every person on this team can do one thing.. or another. and usually its just one thing. SCORE.

so the second an idea is brought up where we get a large guard, SOLID defender and passer in Larry Hughes, usually leads his team in steals, doesnt need to score but can, to be effective and a solid rebounder and defender team player in Gooden and we barf all over it.

despite what you all think.. we cant get much for what we have! they might look like stars on THIS team and might be stars on other teams but NOT every team is jumping at the chance to acquire them PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

are Randolph and Craw better players say in talent ratings then Hughes and Gooden YES 100% better YES. but thats not what this team needs now. every good team needs pieces. and we have a lot of missing pieces! i personally think these two can fill some of those NOT ALL but some. if we were to have a Curry, Lee, Jeffries, Hughes, Marbury lineup. then maybe later a trade for Artest wed be a solid team with scorers (curry, Marbs, Nate) hustlers (Lee, Jeffries, Balkman) and defenders (marbs, artest, hughes) granted we keep them all during the trades.

you guys cant have it both ways. and you guys cant keep wishing for a fallen star (even tho weve had quite a few over the years). we need defenders. we need chemistry guys. role players. and at this point this team has none. so lets get off our high horses cause we are the 4th worst team in the nba? and lets start thinking logically here.

lets build a team. A TEAM. not individuals. LETS BUILD A TEAM.

metrocard

Legend
alright time for the old moderator here to drop down from his post and get a little heated. i try to be neutral state my opinion and leave it at that without making too much of a ripple.. but here it goes...

THESE POSTS ARE EXACTLY WHATS WRONG WITH KNICKS FANS!

I know I started and its not the thread itself its the posts within. let me break it down for you guys. despire datruth who had a good answer and a few others who were in favor..

we can never agree on the isiah firing thing. good GM bad GM. we can never agree on crawford or marbury or robinson or randolph. we can never agree on curry. never agree on lineups and minutes. but we can all agree the chemistry on this team is garbage... the defense on this team is garbage... the overall makeup of this team is garbage. and we ALL hate losing.

WE HAVE A LOT, let me repeat that, A LOT of talent. dont get me wrong. every person on this team can do one thing.. or another. and usually its just one thing. SCORE.

so the second an idea is brought up where we get a large guard, SOLID defender and passer in Larry Hughes, usually leads his team in steals, doesnt need to score but can, to be effective and a solid rebounder and defender team player in Gooden and we barf all over it.

despite what you all think.. we cant get much for what we have! they might look like stars on THIS team and might be stars on other teams but NOT every team is jumping at the chance to acquire them PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

are Randolph and Craw better players say in talent ratings then Hughes and Gooden YES 100% better YES. but thats not what this team needs now. every good team needs pieces. and we have a lot of missing pieces! i personally think these two can fill some of those NOT ALL but some. if we were to have a Curry, Lee, Jeffries, Hughes, Marbury lineup. then maybe later a trade for Artest wed be a solid team with scorers (curry, Marbs, Nate) hustlers (Lee, Jeffries, Balkman) and defenders (marbs, artest, hughes) granted we keep them all during the trades.

you guys cant have it both ways. and you guys cant keep wishing for a fallen star (even tho weve had quite a few over the years). we need defenders. we need chemistry guys. role players. and at this point this team has none. so lets get off our high horses cause we are the 4th worst team in the nba? and lets start thinking logically here.

lets build a team. A TEAM. not individuals. LETS BUILD A TEAM.

Preach this.

Isiah failed us in 04 and continue to add random individuals on a roster. He has never establish a team; firing head coaches, swaping players left and right...getting pwned in every deal; trading draft picks...etc.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Marbury+Hughes+Artest=great defense
Gooden could play center against most teams.
Lee and Gooden are better team players then Randolph and Curry.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
Marbury+Hughes+Artest=great defense
Gooden could play center against most teams.
Lee and Gooden are better team players then Randolph and Curry.
idk man i aint down wit the Hughes thing...artest yea and gooden yea but Hughes idk...but it dont sound 2 bad dow...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
We don't need hughes...let's just get artest and get rid of Q-Rich...I'd possibly take Hughes over Crawford just because his defensive ability would be an upgrade...

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
We don't need hughes...let's just get artest and get rid of Q-Rich...I'd possibly take Hughes over Crawford just because his defensive ability would be an upgrade...
yea...i hate HUGHES >_> does anywun remember him in the slam dunk contest...ah everyone was laughing at him...