isiah thomas on why he didnt draft bynum....

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Andrew Bynum's development this season has been one of the positives of the Lakers' surprisingly successful start to the season. But though the Knicks had a chance to draft the young big man instead of Channing Frye with the eighth overall pick in 2005, Isiah Thomas says he wasn't sure the New Jersey kid could endure "the beat-down here in New York" he would have had to endure as a developing player.

"The only reason why we didn't take Bynum was because of his age," Thomas said of Bynum, who was 17 at draft time. Thomas said he believed that the New York crowd would have been tough on Bynum in the two years that he would have had to develop.

Thomas, who traded Frye to Portland last summer in the deal for Zach Randolph, said Los Angeles is a better situation for Bynum. Thomas says that's because of the presence of Kobe Bryant, who, some may remember, publicly criticized Bynum while trying to force a trade last summer.

"Kobe makes all the difference," Thomas said. "When you're playing with a person such as him, you can hide a lot of things. He casts a big shadow and so you can do a lot of things and wait because of that guy named Bryant."
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basket...onalnews-print

and if u dont agree wit isiah, u just a hater, if NY would have seen what bynum was doing the last couple of years, ya would have been roasting em

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
Andrew Bynum's development this season has been one of the positives of the Lakers' surprisingly successful start to the season. But though the Knicks had a chance to draft the young big man instead of Channing Frye with the eighth overall pick in 2005, Isiah Thomas says he wasn't sure the New Jersey kid could endure "the beat-down here in New York" he would have had to endure as a developing player.

"The only reason why we didn't take Bynum was because of his age," Thomas said of Bynum, who was 17 at draft time. Thomas said he believed that the New York crowd would have been tough on Bynum in the two years that he would have had to develop.

Thomas, who traded Frye to Portland last summer in the deal for Zach Randolph, said Los Angeles is a better situation for Bynum. Thomas says that's because of the presence of Kobe Bryant, who, some may remember, publicly criticized Bynum while trying to force a trade last summer.

"Kobe makes all the difference," Thomas said. "When you're playing with a person such as him, you can hide a lot of things. He casts a big shadow and so you can do a lot of things and wait because of that guy named Bryant."

and if u dont agree wit isiah, u just a hater, if NY would have seen what bynum was doing the last couple of years, ya would have been roasting em

I hate when people say "Isiahsexual" but come on dude...
Frye was a decent talent, Bynum was a developing talent that would have had tremendous upside working with Agguire.

Isiah is really blaming the fans for everything. LOL now he is blaming the fans & media as the reason why he didnt draft the kid over Frye? give me a break. Your job as a coach is to take these kids in and help them develop their games.
There are a few BIG market teams in the NBA where fans care.

NY, LA, CHI are the top 3 all in the same boat and fans can get very very rabid in those 3 cities.

Once again Isiah is covering his ass... and once again, you are too

I mean come on, are you a Knicks fan or Isiah fan? Were you a Raptors fan or Pacer fan? Before IT came to NY?

I like Isiah I want to see him succeed in NY but every time I read his quotes maybe I read too far between the lines because he seems more and more FOS than I ever thought

metrocard

Legend

Please;

Its really annoying that you agree with Isiah all the time and buy his shit, its really sad too. You're a Knick fan and I don't want you to see dog like that. I want you to enjoy the team as much as I me, and when I see Isiah dogging you and using you for power, that puts me down.

Bynum did what he did in LA.

LA has the most critical and toughnesses fans in the NBA next to New York. If you don't believe me check their fan base, especially all the celebreties who expect excellent right away. If Bynum could do it in LA he most certainly would of done it in New York, Bynum is a TRI STATE AREA guy, so he would be more comfortable and closer to home at the same time. It all made sense at the time.

7 Foot athletic and skillful center
Home town kid
Only 17

I'm not gonna make my typical 10 fact list, but damn how dumb is Isiah?

Bynum is the 2nd biggest reason why the Lakers are one of the best teams in the West. Take Bynum off that team, you have no inside presence or rebounding.

"The only reason why we didn't take Bynum was because of his age"

LMAO...what an asshole. Wasn't this the same asshole when he first came here he clearly said "We're going to get younger and more athletic?"

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
kobe disguises all dat shyt and i dont remember hearing the lakers fan booing bynum, u struggle hear for 5 games u heavily booed