Does Marbury still consider himself a member of Knicks?

Starks

Starter
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3169041

A day or so ago, it was reported that Steph would be back to join team in Orlando.

Suddenly, that report was refuted when it turned out Marbury will not rejoin team in Orlando.

Now this story comes out: The Knicks won't back down on the fine penalizing him for bailing out on team, perhaps trying to prove to everyone that Marbury doesn't call the shots around MSG. (as widely thought of around the league)

Maybe this is the explanation on why Stephon changed his mind about rejoing the team.

It seems like there is a power struggle going on behind the scenes.

Not sure how everyone else feels about it, but I think its just unfortunate for the fans, and players of the Knicks who are caught in the middle.

I'll will say this. Regardless if you like Thomas more than Stephon, or vice versa, they both have done absolutley nothing to help this team out of the bottom of the divison. So I just don't understand why this feud is continuing to go on. That's the nicest way I can put it...

I really think Thomas doesn't want Marbury back, and I Stephon hasn't given any intention to even wanting to come back.

VH1 needs to do a behind the music style documentary on this team's season

metrocard

Legend
They both just need to go away from this Franchise.

Marbury is a very emotional guy and Isiah is very stubborn.

Its only been like 20 games into the season...we got like 62 left...I can't even imagine what it is going to be like 62 games from now. Enough destruction has been done already.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
metrocard wants marbury out? =O...lolz well yea man i say we just need 2 start all over period...coach and players...i would only probably keep Lee/Balkman/Chandler/Morris/Collins/ and maybe Jamal cuz he actually cares...but if a team wants him and they will give us some1 good 4 him im good wit that 2

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I want to see Marbury go to a team where he can win if he gets traded. Hes starting to get older, hes my favorite player and I dont think theyll be any winning in NY anytime soon. Eddy Curry and Jerome James should retire and start doing commercials for Burger King. Isiah should join the circus they have every year in Chicago at the beginning of the basketball season.

Starks

Starter
On the radio, there seems to be a lot of speculation that Marbury might be in the process of getting waived.

Stay tuned. I think a few teams all see this coming and are waiting for this to be done so that they don't have to trade for him.

So, again, the Knicks will continue with their perpetual search for a Point Guard.

I think it's time we start calling this search the "Curse of Mark Jackson" We should have signed Terrell Brandon years ago

paris401

Starter
Stay tuned. I think a few teams all see this coming and are waiting for this to be done so that they don't have to trade for him.

no body trading for 'towel-head'.. no body... if isiah decides to eat the contract, then there will be some interest to sign him to whatever the min. contract will be... but someone trading for him... i don't see it...

nyk_nyk

All Star
Please ^^^^

Marbury is very capable of preforming as a top 15 PG in the NBA, don't buy into that bullshit.
That may be true, but the only way another team gets him is if he's waived. No GM in their right mind will trade for this guy right now. At this point in his career, he's well overpaid and isn't consistent enough for any team to choose him as their big trade acquisition.

Getting him for the veteran minimum is more ideal for teams. That way their not putting out big money, but they'll be getting someone who on some nights will give you a great game. Will that translate into wins??? That's a different story.

mArBuRyIsAmOrOn

Benchwarmer
It's 'hard', real 'hard' to concentrate about a moron like Marbury with Eva Mendez laying around all over the page up there.

I can't think of a damn thing I wouldn't do to her!

Starks

Starter
That may be true, but the only way another team gets him is if he's waived. No GM in their right mind will trade for this guy right now. At this point in his career, he's well overpaid and isn't consistent enough for any team to choose him as their big trade acquisition.

Getting him for the veteran minimum is more ideal for teams. That way their not putting out big money, but they'll be getting someone who on some nights will give you a great game. Will that translate into wins??? That's a different story.

Yea, not to mention that his mental state seems to be in shambles right now. I mean, if you were a GM, would you trade for him right now?

Even if he is waived, I dont think he would want to come back and play this season

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
It's 'hard', real 'hard' to concentrate about a moron like Marbury with Eva Mendez laying around all over the page up there.

I can't think of a damn thing I wouldn't do to her!

Yea sumtimes when Im readin posts I lose focus because of that picture. I just keep going back to it. Its very conveniant.
:sperm: :sperm:

Yea, not to mention that his mental state seems to be in shambles right now. I mean, if you were a GM, would you trade for him right now?

Even if he is waived, I dont think he would want to come back and play this season

I hate to admit it but I would not trade for him either. If he came back and proved that he can work his way through his weak mental state, then of course I would. Who knows what can end up happenin with him, maybe he'll retire or maybe he'll move to Italy and start playin now. Anything can happen (besides the Knicks winnin). I believe hes still one of the 10-15 best, I pray he can get his mind back on the rite track and win back some of the haters. Its sad to see that the majority on here are Marbury haters.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Yea sumtimes when Im readin posts I lose focus because of that picture. I just keep going back to it. Its very conveniant.
:sperm: :sperm:

I hate to admit it but I would not trade for him either. If he came back and proved that he can work his way through his weak mental state, then of course I would. Who knows what can end up happenin with him, maybe he'll retire or maybe he'll move to Italy and start playin now. Anything can happen (besides the Knicks winnin). I believe hes still one of the 10-15 best, I pray he can get his mind back on the rite track and win back some of the haters. Its sad to see that the majority on here are Marbury haters.
I don't think it's about hating, the guy has never been successful in his career and he's not what you would call a true pg. His legacy in this league will be determined by how prolific he was capable of being at scoring.

I like Marbury, but i've seen it with phx, nj and now ny. He's a sg in a pg body and that will never change. If you force him to play like a pure pg, he won't give you maximum effort because he's only effective when he's scoring. Chris Paul scored 40 last night, but he won't even try to do that on most nights, he'd rather set his teamates up to score and just pick his spots in between.

The point i'm making is that CP3 is capable of scoring but realizes he needs his teamates to actually win.

paris401

Starter
I believe hes still one of the 10-15 best, I pray he can get his mind back on the rite track and win back some of the haters. Its sad to see that the majority on here are Marbury haters.

i do not believe most of us started out as 'haters'... but when u are one of the top earners in the league... declare u are 'starbury', the best point guard in the world... you are not leading your team to the promised land (or at least the playoff's) ... u leave the team when coach stays he is benching you... u gotta expect a little bit of hate to come your way...

OAKLEY RULEZ

Benchwarmer
wait...........marbury is stil a knick?

but seriously though, i think the move to file a grievance may b el capitan's shot across the bow to dolan that he wants out.

u know how much dolan hates any type of action being filed against him.

:wallbash:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
i do not believe most of us started out as 'haters'... but when u are one of the top earners in the league... declare u are 'starbury', the best point guard in the world... you are not leading your team to the promised land (or at least the playoff's) ... u leave the team when coach stays he is benching you... u gotta expect a little bit of hate to come your way...

What point guard can lead this team? Look at the players that Marbury has to play with, you got Fat Ass Eddy Curry, selfish Zach randolph, and then you got 2 guys that cant hit a shot with Crawford and especially Q-Rich. Any asshole that tries to say crawford is averaging the most points on this team needs to look at his shooting percentages. Jason Kidd would lose his temper if he tried to play on this team. The other 4 players are the problem.

He was a top 3 pg when he made that statement. Is he still top 3? Hell no, but hes somewhere between 10 and 15. You get him on the right team and his assists would go up like sumthin else when I see that pic of Eva mendez.

I don't think it's about hating, the guy has never been successful in his career and he's not what you would call a true pg. His legacy in this league will be determined by how prolific he was capable of being at scoring.

I like Marbury, but i've seen it with phx, nj and now ny. He's a sg in a pg body and that will never change. If you force him to play like a pure pg, he won't give you maximum effort because he's only effective when he's scoring. Chris Paul scored 40 last night, but he won't even try to do that on most nights, he'd rather set his teamates up to score and just pick his spots in between.

The point i'm making is that CP3 is capable of scoring but realizes he needs his teamates to actually win.

I hate this true point guard shit, its hard for anyone to be a true point guard on this team. I guarentee if you put Nash or kidd on this team their assists would decline. Until Isiah screwed up this team, Marbury was averaging 20 and 8 on his career. Im sick of this he hasnt led any team anywere shit too. One more year with the 3 teams he was on and at least 2 of them wouldve been a second round team, probably not New jerz. We talkin about Starbury, the guy who shut down shooting guards last year. The guy who had several 30 point games and a couple of 40 point games this year. The guy who was startin to return to that form before the death of his father. I wish him good luck wherever he signs.

lmao...omg i gotta change my signature >_< lolz

NOOOO dont do it!!!!!! Damn the new one looks good too, can you put both of them up there?