Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Isiah Says Knicks Will Be Inactive Around Trade Deadline

Veteran

Originally Posted by Starks
    Ron is a good player, but this is one of those situations where there is too much gun powder in a keg for a wild match like him

i like artest, but gotta agree with ya... he has too much competitiveness in him for these bunch of losers. picture him after curry or zach getting stuffed
    defending all by himself at the other end ... as his team mates argue with the ref, or in currys case waddle's down the court... it might take less than one game for ron to go... kaaa-booom...

Originally Posted by paris401
    i like artest, but gotta agree with ya... he has too much competitiveness in him for these bunch of losers. picture him after curry or zach getting stuffed
    defending all by himself at the other end ... as his team mates argue with the ref, or in currys case waddle's down the court... it might take less than one game for ron to go... kaaa-booom...
    Yea not to mention that he isn't as elite a player as he was a few years ago. Minus well go after a Bruce Bowen, um, but don't throw 30mil at him like Zeke did for Jeffries. Say what you want about James, but Jeffries is right there as far as worst signing Isiaha's done

KnicksonLIN.com

I don't think starting Artest and Lee with Curry would've made a difference. I think Curry is just too bad a defender or rebounder to play with anyone, unless they average 3 blocks and 12 rebounds to make up for his feutility.You'd have to find a hall of famer to play with Curry, to make up his terrible defensive ability. I've actually seen Curry space out during ball games, and point guards would just go lay it up in his face.I like Eddy Curry, and I think he's a great low post threat, but he's just too bad on defense to survive in this league.
    Last edited by abcd; Jan 02, 2008 at 13:43. Reason: none

Default No one player fixes Knicks

No single player can fix the knicks. There is losing attitude in locker room. There is a lackof effort from players who don't blame themselves for losing. Artest, would be a start. But curry randolph and crawford still would be defensive liabilities.

i'd have to go with a no for the tru warrior at this point.

The way this season has gone, our roster is about as toxic as Chernobyl. The last thing this team needs is another malcontent.

I suggest all you guys read Bill Simmons article on espn about chemistry and how it works for the NBA like in no other sport.

Zeke, Steph, Q, Zach, Nate.... thats enough ego to fill up the Garden. Frankly, I'm sick of all the drama. These guys all act like overpaid employees that have no relationship to eachother outside the 48 mins they play on tv.

Ron is a good player, but this is one of those situations where there is too much gun powder in a keg for a wild match like him
    You do make a good point even though i'd love to see Artest in a knick uniform.

Originally Posted by abcd
    I don't think starting Artest and Lee with Curry would've made a difference. I think Curry is just too bad a defender or rebounder to play with anyone, unless they average 3 blocks and 12 rebounds to make up for his feutility.You'd have to find a hall of famer to play with Curry, to make up his terrible defensive ability. I've actually seen Curry space out during ball games, and point guards would just go lay it up in his face.I like Eddy Curry, and I think he's a great low post threat, but he's just too bad on defense to survive in this league.
    Your right, i've also seen him just lose focus right in the middle of an important possession! No lie,during the recent Bulls game, I swear Curry got caught on a screen and couldn't recover after that. It took him like 5-6 seconds to figure out who he was guarding and when he finally realized, the shot was up and he waasn't even in position to rebound (as usual).

It frustrates me that on offense he's 300 lbs. but on defense he turns into Hannah Montana.

Kiyaman has been sayin that Z-Bo is worse then Curry on defense but its close. Ive actually seen Z-Bo play good defense from time to time, I dont think Ive ever seen Curry play good defense. This is another thing that can be argued either way but I think Z-Bo has shown occasionally that he has somewhat of an idea of what hes supposed to do on defense where Curry looks clueless and lost. Most centers in the league (including the worse centers, the guys who have an overall rating of 60 on video games) usually can play a little bit of defense. These guys are better then Curry who has no ability on defense at all.

Default they both suck

They both suck on defense.

i'd have to go with a no for the tru warrior at this point.

The way this season has gone, our roster is about as toxic as Chernobyl. The last thing this team needs is another malcontent.

I suggest all you guys read Bill Simmons article on espn about chemistry and how it works for the NBA like in no other sport.

Zeke, Steph, Q, Zach, Nate.... thats enough ego to fill up the Garden. Frankly, I'm sick of all the drama. These guys all act like overpaid employees that have no relationship to eachother outside the 48 mins they play on tv.

I really couldn't agree more. And on top of that: the Kings seem to wait for a few contracts to expire in order to rebuild. I guess the only things they would trade for are Lee, Balkman or draft picks.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Most centers in the league (including the worse centers, the guys who have an overall rating of 60 on video games) usually can play a little bit of defense. These guys are better then Curry who has no ability on defense at all.
    You didn't really confuse video game basketball with the real thing, did you? Did you ever realize that there are sometimes players rated very low in a video game and all of a sudden they have a break-trough in the real NBA? Just because a center is rated at 60 in a video game it doesn't mean that he is a bad player. And the same argument of course works the other way around (What is Curry's rating in your video-game?).

Wate if David Lee says that he would like a change of scenery, then we got some real problems here in NY, am I the only one who caught that one??

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

I don't think I was ever more disappointed then when I read this article this morning. That was my initial reaction then I remembered that Thomas, hate him or dislike him(cause he can't get any luv today), is a calculating, manipulative dude and always has been from what the old head tell me. There is a method to the madness. I don't believe that Thomas is stupid enough to think he can actually win with this line up. I know a lot of you do but you don't become GM of NY by being an idiot. He has to know something we don't. Artest isn't going to resign with any one. I'm thinking that Thomas did some illegal inside talking to Artest or his agent and promised him something under the table. As X-files like as that sounds, I can't imagine any one not actively pursuing trades when there team has lost 20 games before the new year. He ether knows something or is trying to fake every body out. No one saw the Randolph trade coming. Fear not, something is brewing.

Originally Posted by pat
    And the same argument of course works the other way around (What is Curry's rating in your video-game?).

Can I use negatives?

Isiah Has **** for brains its official!

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Kiyaman has been sayin that Z-Bo is worse then Curry on defense but its close. Ive actually seen Z-Bo play good defense from time to time, I dont think Ive ever seen Curry play good defense. This is another thing that can be argued either way but I think Z-Bo has shown occasionally that he has somewhat of an idea of what hes supposed to do on defense where Curry looks clueless and lost. Most centers in the league (including the worse centers, the guys who have an overall rating of 60 on video games) usually can play a little bit of defense. These guys are better then Curry who has no ability on defense at all.

I agree with you point but the video games stats are very wrong I mean in NBA 08 Morris is a point gaurd lol but your point is true we have fat hillbillies!