Isiah Says Knicks Will Be Inactive Around Trade Deadline

metrocard

Legend
Isiah Says Knicks Will Be Inactive Around Trade Deadline
January 2, 2008 - 6:17 am
New York Daily News -
There are said to be several Knicks who wouldn't mind a change of scenery, including Stephon Marbury, David Lee, Malik Rose and Eddy Curry. The Kings are reportedly considering deals for Mike Bibby and Ron Artest, who has said he would like to return home and play with the Knicks.

Tuesday, Thomas ruled out making a deal between now and the February deadline. Of course, Thomas has made a habit of denying working on moves right up until he makes them.

"I really don't foresee that," he said. "I don't see us being active around the trade deadline. This is the time when you're down and you can make mistakes that can cost you years. And everything that you've worked for the last three, four years that can set you back another three years. We've got a young group, we've got good players, and we've got good talent. We've just got to get them to play together."

I give up.
Bye.

paris401

Starter
what he should have said is that he fuk'd up, and that no one wants any of his shitty players, with their bloated contracts...

as i said previously (and i wish i was wrong).. the team we see , is the team we will have for the forseeable future...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think that not making any trades is the right thing to do. I think what the Knicks should do is wait till everyone's contract expires and don't re-sign them.We have too many players with high contracts, so anyone with a trade offer will just make an offer to trick the knicks. for ex: Trevor Ariza for steve fancis and channing frye for Zach Randolph.Also, I don't think Isiah Thomas should be fired. Whoever comes in for Isiah will have to adjust to the mess the Knicks has become.

Last edited:

Toons

is the Bo$$
Jan 2 Artest (elbow) said he would approve a deal to New York and boasts that he could turn things around for the Knicks, the New York Post reports.

Recommendation: The Knicks pursued Artest in the offseason and could certainly use someone to play some defense. "Anywhere I go, I can turn things around, given the opportunity," Artest said. "I definitely would not be opposed to it if that is my calling. I would not be opposed if something would happen [with the Knicks]. But I just want to win a championship.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
See the Kings actually are shipping them two around... Now! Thats crazy... And Isiah isn't pullin the trigger. Isiah is a stupid person. Thats it. I don't care if Ron is injuried and so is Bibby. Bibby will be back sooner or later. At least he actually has a reason not playin.

I remember when VC was beening shipped around... Knicks were the TOP team. Tim Thomas and a Scrub for VC!!!!!! Isiah said no... Tim is a great starter for the team..... Wow that went far...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Im not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, Isiah has a history of givin away too much in trades. Im just scared that hes gonna give away more draft picks. What the F*ck are we the fans supposed to do, root for or against this team?

If we can get him without parting with Lee and Nate do it!, and especialy if we can lose one or two of the many bloated contracts on top of it... come on he's got to do it! Maby it just hasn't happened yet because Sacremento wants to much? Also their demands will lessen the closer to all-star break we get and if they don't become more flexable with their trade demands their going to walk away empty handed this summer when Artest leaves anyway!

Starks

Starter
I dont know if this is a good thing or bad thing either. We are a horrible team now, and I'm never sold on tanking for a lottery pick.

What pisses me off is quotes like this that Thomas makes that give the impression he knows what he is doing. I wouldn't hire him to run my office's mailroom

Kiyaman

Legend
Jan 2 Artest (elbow) said he would approve a deal to New York and boasts that he could turn things around for the Knicks, the New York Post reports.

Recommendation: The Knicks pursued Artest in the offseason and could certainly use someone to play some defense. "Anywhere I go, I can turn things around, given the opportunity," Artest said. "I definitely would not be opposed to it if that is my calling. I would not be opposed if something would happen [with the Knicks]. But I just want to win a championship.

Ron Artest was the "MAN" for the "Curry Factor", not Zach Randolph.
C-Curry
PF-Lee
SF-Artest
Ron Artest is a court LEADER in practice and in a game.

This season "Curry Factor" is all Isiah Thomas fault for not Starting David Lee alongside of Curry at the start of the 2007-8 season, plus not demanding that Curry, Zach, Lee, James, and Malik Rose all participate in Mark Aquire Bigman Camp in July & August.

There was no reason why Zach, Balkman, Collins, and Nate could'nt have been the Fire-Power off the Bench at the start of this season to give this Knick-Team a strong depth chart.
David Lee was supposed to be assigned to helping improve Eddy Curry Team-Play on both sides of the court at the start of this 2007-8 season.

Starting Players because of their High Contract is something all G.M's. would like to do, but a Wise Coach looks for the best co-existing players to START & FINISH the game for success.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
I think artest could really turn things around for us. So long as he stays outa trouble off the court!!!
Hes a strong character on the court and could be the floor general we so desperatly need!!!
As a new yorker i think artest would be fully focused on winning and not stabbin people! although isiah needs it!

Starks

Starter
i'd have to go with a no for the tru warrior at this point.

The way this season has gone, our roster is about as toxic as Chernobyl. The last thing this team needs is another malcontent.

I suggest all you guys read Bill Simmons article on espn about chemistry and how it works for the NBA like in no other sport.

Zeke, Steph, Q, Zach, Nate.... thats enough ego to fill up the Garden. Frankly, I'm sick of all the drama. These guys all act like overpaid employees that have no relationship to eachother outside the 48 mins they play on tv.

Ron is a good player, but this is one of those situations where there is too much gun powder in a keg for a wild match like him

paris401

Starter
Ron is a good player, but this is one of those situations where there is too much gun powder in a keg for a wild match like him

i like artest, but gotta agree with ya... he has too much competitiveness in him for these bunch of losers. picture him after curry or zach getting stuffed
defending all by himself at the other end ... as his team mates argue with the ref, or in currys case waddle's down the court... it might take less than one game for ron to go... kaaa-booom...

Starks

Starter
i like artest, but gotta agree with ya... he has too much competitiveness in him for these bunch of losers. picture him after curry or zach getting stuffed
defending all by himself at the other end ... as his team mates argue with the ref, or in currys case waddle's down the court... it might take less than one game for ron to go... kaaa-booom...

Yea not to mention that he isn't as elite a player as he was a few years ago. Minus well go after a Bruce Bowen, um, but don't throw 30mil at him like Zeke did for Jeffries. Say what you want about James, but Jeffries is right there as far as worst signing Isiaha's done

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't think starting Artest and Lee with Curry would've made a difference. I think Curry is just too bad a defender or rebounder to play with anyone, unless they average 3 blocks and 12 rebounds to make up for his feutility.You'd have to find a hall of famer to play with Curry, to make up his terrible defensive ability. I've actually seen Curry space out during ball games, and point guards would just go lay it up in his face.I like Eddy Curry, and I think he's a great low post threat, but he's just too bad on defense to survive in this league.

Last edited:

jzero29

Rotation player
No one player fixes Knicks

No single player can fix the knicks. There is losing attitude in locker room. There is a lackof effort from players who don't blame themselves for losing. Artest, would be a start. But curry randolph and crawford still would be defensive liabilities.

nyk_nyk

All Star
i'd have to go with a no for the tru warrior at this point.

The way this season has gone, our roster is about as toxic as Chernobyl. The last thing this team needs is another malcontent.

I suggest all you guys read Bill Simmons article on espn about chemistry and how it works for the NBA like in no other sport.

Zeke, Steph, Q, Zach, Nate.... thats enough ego to fill up the Garden. Frankly, I'm sick of all the drama. These guys all act like overpaid employees that have no relationship to eachother outside the 48 mins they play on tv.

You do make a good point even though i'd love to see Artest in a knick uniform.