Isiah Says Knicks Will Be Inactive Around Trade Deadline

nyk_nyk

All Star
I don't think starting Artest and Lee with Curry would've made a difference. I think Curry is just too bad a defender or rebounder to play with anyone, unless they average 3 blocks and 12 rebounds to make up for his feutility.You'd have to find a hall of famer to play with Curry, to make up his terrible defensive ability. I've actually seen Curry space out during ball games, and point guards would just go lay it up in his face.I like Eddy Curry, and I think he's a great low post threat, but he's just too bad on defense to survive in this league.
Your right, i've also seen him just lose focus right in the middle of an important possession! No lie,during the recent Bulls game, I swear Curry got caught on a screen and couldn't recover after that. It took him like 5-6 seconds to figure out who he was guarding and when he finally realized, the shot was up and he waasn't even in position to rebound (as usual).

It frustrates me that on offense he's 300 lbs. but on defense he turns into Hannah Montana.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Kiyaman has been sayin that Z-Bo is worse then Curry on defense but its close. Ive actually seen Z-Bo play good defense from time to time, I dont think Ive ever seen Curry play good defense. This is another thing that can be argued either way but I think Z-Bo has shown occasionally that he has somewhat of an idea of what hes supposed to do on defense where Curry looks clueless and lost. Most centers in the league (including the worse centers, the guys who have an overall rating of 60 on video games) usually can play a little bit of defense. These guys are better then Curry who has no ability on defense at all.

pat

Starter
i'd have to go with a no for the tru warrior at this point.

The way this season has gone, our roster is about as toxic as Chernobyl. The last thing this team needs is another malcontent.

I suggest all you guys read Bill Simmons article on espn about chemistry and how it works for the NBA like in no other sport.

Zeke, Steph, Q, Zach, Nate.... thats enough ego to fill up the Garden. Frankly, I'm sick of all the drama. These guys all act like overpaid employees that have no relationship to eachother outside the 48 mins they play on tv.

Ron is a good player, but this is one of those situations where there is too much gun powder in a keg for a wild match like him

I really couldn't agree more. And on top of that: the Kings seem to wait for a few contracts to expire in order to rebuild. I guess the only things they would trade for are Lee, Balkman or draft picks.

pat

Starter
Most centers in the league (including the worse centers, the guys who have an overall rating of 60 on video games) usually can play a little bit of defense. These guys are better then Curry who has no ability on defense at all.

You didn't really confuse video game basketball with the real thing, did you? Did you ever realize that there are sometimes players rated very low in a video game and all of a sudden they have a break-trough in the real NBA? Just because a center is rated at 60 in a video game it doesn't mean that he is a bad player. And the same argument of course works the other way around (What is Curry's rating in your video-game?).

Wate if David Lee says that he would like a change of scenery, then we got some real problems here in NY, am I the only one who caught that one??

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I don't think I was ever more disappointed then when I read this article this morning. That was my initial reaction then I remembered that Thomas, hate him or dislike him(cause he can't get any luv today), is a calculating, manipulative dude and always has been from what the old head tell me. There is a method to the madness. I don't believe that Thomas is stupid enough to think he can actually win with this line up. I know a lot of you do but you don't become GM of NY by being an idiot. He has to know something we don't. Artest isn't going to resign with any one. I'm thinking that Thomas did some illegal inside talking to Artest or his agent and promised him something under the table. As X-files like as that sounds, I can't imagine any one not actively pursuing trades when there team has lost 20 games before the new year. He ether knows something or is trying to fake every body out. No one saw the Randolph trade coming. Fear not, something is brewing.

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
Kiyaman has been sayin that Z-Bo is worse then Curry on defense but its close. Ive actually seen Z-Bo play good defense from time to time, I dont think Ive ever seen Curry play good defense. This is another thing that can be argued either way but I think Z-Bo has shown occasionally that he has somewhat of an idea of what hes supposed to do on defense where Curry looks clueless and lost. Most centers in the league (including the worse centers, the guys who have an overall rating of 60 on video games) usually can play a little bit of defense. These guys are better then Curry who has no ability on defense at all.

I agree with you point but the video games stats are very wrong I mean in NBA 08 Morris is a point gaurd lol but your point is true we have fat hillbillies!

OAKLEY RULEZ

Benchwarmer
OF COURSE!!!! WHY SHOULDN'T THE KNICKS KEEP THIS BUNCH TOGETHER?!!! THEY'RE MAKING SUCH GREAT PROGRESS!!!!!!!!
(do i even have to write the words very sarcastic?)

so

pretty much everyone is remaining in place for the rest of the season.................

F*********CK!!!

:wallbash:

paris401

Starter
when isiah says he will be inactive, he is telling the truth... no one wants anything we have in our B.O.S. (bag of shit)..

nyk_nyk

All Star
I think Dolan put the hammer down on Isaiah and told him he has to succeed with this team only. Either he makes winners out of this team (lolololololololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) or his ass is gone like a fart in the wind.

His reasoning for not being active before the deadline could have been much better though. C'mon, who are you kidding with trying to convince people that you really believe this team is good????

Isaiah is an NBA champion so I know he doesn't really believe this is a team that can win.

Stop it Isaiah, we're blind to your tyrany!

jzero29

Rotation player
To much hope in Isiah

I don't think I was ever more disappointed then when I read this article this morning. That was my initial reaction then I remembered that Thomas, hate him or dislike him(cause he can't get any luv today), is a calculating, manipulative dude and always has been from what the old head tell me. There is a method to the madness. I don't believe that Thomas is stupid enough to think he can actually win with this line up. I know a lot of you do but you don't become GM of NY by being an idiot. He has to know something we don't. Artest isn't going to resign with any one. I'm thinking that Thomas did some illegal inside talking to Artest or his agent and promised him something under the table. As X-files like as that sounds, I can't imagine any one not actively pursuing trades when there team has lost 20 games before the new year. He ether knows something or is trying to fake every body out. No one saw the Randolph trade coming. Fear not, something is brewing.
"you don't become GM of NY by being an idiot"
Obviously, thomas is an idiot, therefore your point is wrong. You're still drinking the kool-aide. Thomas still has you fooled

"He has to know something we don't. "
do you really belive that? Maybe he does have something brewing, maybe he can't make trade Dolans orders, maybe he cant trade because no one wants what we have, except lee/balkman and maybe chandler. If he does have someone interested, maybe he doesn't want to give away his edge? whatever that could be? But you were right about one thing, he is "a calculating, manipulative dude" he's still trying to manipulate the public, his bosses and the NBA into believing he knows what he's doing. He's trying so hard to make us believe in him. Maybe he's just an idiot that fooled us all.
How many times did he tell us this is the move that takes NY back to the top. This is the trade or signing we needed to get to the next level. He makes these trades or moves and it brings hope to all knick fans even the pessimists, we all are con-ed by his moves and trades, we all buy into his knicks and then ultimately realize, he's just the idiot everyone else thinks he is.

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I would like to bring Bibby and Artest to the Knicks but in order to accomplish this trade we would have to take Kenny Thomas and his bad contract. Is that worth it?

This trade scenario works and Sacramento might go for it:
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=4383086

Marbury
Balkman
Malik Rose

for:

Bibby
Artest
Kenny Thomas

Sacramento will get rid of Kenny Thomas, unload a lot of salary at the end of next season and get a young player to replace Artest. The Knicks get rid of Marbury, get a good point guard and Ron-Ron.

jzero29

Rotation player
Not sure.

Thats pretty tough,
Sac doesn't knock off any salary until 2009/10 season and it's only about 6.15 mill. Thats one side.
We are getting the best two players in the deal, artest and bibby.
They are getting a mental catastrophy marbury who is past his prime ,and offenseless Balkman.
If they are willing to only save money two years from now they may take it.
On our side, we really need a change. Artest sought after shortly after the draft where we didn't take him. Chances are we'll get him next year anyway. Bibby is getting older. Kenny thomas is equally as useless as malik rose and we'd be strapped with his contract and extra year! Thomas is done playing, there is a chance he'll just retire before 2009/10.

paris401

Starter
isiah will be able to sign artest to the mle this summer, i think its 32m for 5 years..

will ron want to shortchange himself and take such a contract??... he has an option at 8.5m for next year, and i would think that someone will pay him 10+ for a couple/few years... who that someone is.. i can't tell ya..

if i was him, took the mle, getting paid 6m, come to the knicks, see jefferies who can't hold my 'jock-strap'* making similar $$$, see q-rich and jamal making 8.5, see malik making 7.5, working my tail off on "D", rebounding/scoring and diving for loose balls, all the while wide-load curry is at the other end of the court munching on a wopper... no i don't see him in new york...

* thanks to larry holmes for the use of the quote

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Balkman Has Been Offered For Artest
January 3, 2008 - 11:05 am
Sacramento Bee -
Renaldo Balkman has been offered in various deals for Ron Artest as an alternative to David Lee, but it's made no difference.

The Kings are interested in Lee and Nate Robinson

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I thought Isiah wasnt lookin to make any trades, maybe his stupid ass finally realized after losing to Sac without 3 of their best players that this Knicks team is goin nowhere. I think Isiah is on crack, hes gotta be to be talkin about championships. Does this look like a f*ckin championship team?

*When I said video game ratings, I was referring to 2K8. They have the most realistic ratings but I think some of you still know what I was talkin about. Michael Doleac for example must have a low rating but at least he knew somethin about how to position himself to prevent easy baskets. There was a play last night where Mikki Moore got the ball right under the hoop and got an easy basket. Moore is a twig and there is no way he should get that type of positioning but Eddy was too slow and dumb to do anything about it.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
"you don't become GM of NY by being an idiot"
Obviously, thomas is an idiot, therefore your point is wrong. You're still drinking the kool-aide. Thomas still has you fooled

"He has to know something we don't. "
do you really belive that? Maybe he does have something brewing, maybe he can't make trade Dolans orders, maybe he cant trade because no one wants what we have, except lee/balkman and maybe chandler. If he does have someone interested, maybe he doesn't want to give away his edge? whatever that could be? But you were right about one thing, he is "a calculating, manipulative dude" he's still trying to manipulate the public, his bosses and the NBA into believing he knows what he's doing. He's trying so hard to make us believe in him. Maybe he's just an idiot that fooled us all.
How many times did he tell us this is the move that takes NY back to the top. This is the trade or signing we needed to get to the next level. He makes these trades or moves and it brings hope to all knick fans even the pessimists, we all are con-ed by his moves and trades, we all buy into his knicks and then ultimately realize, he's just the idiot everyone else thinks he is.

We have a lot of players that are tradable. In fact most of our line up is tradable outside of James, Jeffries and may be Marbury. If we can be fooled by idiots then we over estimate our own intelligence. I don't think he's an idiot. I think he should be fired because the plan he has created is not working. But may be it's too early to trade Curry. When motivated he can score 24 at will. Maybe all the focus should be on making Curry/Randolph work and constantly feeding the ball inside. Maybe Crawford should take less shots. There are a lot of ifs and maybes but as open as the east is the Knicks can go on a 5-8 game winning streak at any time. Then talk in every forum online will change. My point was that Thomas has to see that some degree of change needs to be made. I'm sure Herb at some point has told he we need a strong defensive presence. Thomas is trying to low-ball the Kings when he says, "We wont be too active before the trade deadline".