Thread: Is Artest The knicks Superman?

Default Is Artest The knicks Superman?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Artest says he'll be a knick and will help this team ... i don't know about this but I'd try anything at this point i'd rather see what we have develop what do you think guys?

There's no way Artest can turn this ship around. Artest should solve the poor perimeter defense but they still lack a shot blocker and chemistry. Artest is also not a playmaker. Plus, there's too many players without heart.

who knows, with Marbury back and lookin good and the addition of Ron Artest maybe this team could start winning some games but they still aint makin the playoffs. They already dug themselves too big of a hole.

we need more then artest dow...

Artest will not make this team significantly better. The team will have 1 man who can play lock down defense and 11 other guys who can't. Sorry, that doesn't equal a huge change to me.

Unless the knicks are playing teams with only 1 scoring option that's not a center or a PF, it won't make that much of a difference.

Example: Artest, lets say would be able to keep VC from scoring, but who will keep RJ and Kidd from doing their thing?

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Artest will not make this team significantly better. The team will have 1 man who can play lock down defense and 11 other guys who can't. Sorry, that doesn't equal a huge change to me.

Unless the knicks are playing teams with only 1 scoring option that's not a center or a PF, it won't make that much of a difference.

Example: Artest, lets say would be able to keep VC from scoring, but who will keep RJ and Kidd from doing their thing?
    Herb coaching and a line up with Artest and Balkman or J.J. can lock down their opponent defensively. This team doesn't work when Crawford shoots too much. He shouldn't get that many touches as far as I'm concerned. The ball should be forced inside 85% of the time. I think one or two players can make a real difference. The team wasn't this bad last year with the same squad.

KnicksonLIN.com

I think if the knicks are going to trade for Ron Artest, they still won't start winning, because Curry and Z-bo are terrible defenders(ESPECIALLY CURRY WHO LETS PLAYERS LIKE EARL BOYKINS SCORE 480 DUNKS IN HIS FACE). If the Knicks do go for artest, they should also look to trade Curry. He's not highly marketable, but they might be able to trade him for Pau Gasol in Memphis, cause they look like they want to rebuild, or Jermaine O'Neal in Indiana who would love to play with Isiah.

Veteran

Originally Posted by donchris
    . The team wasn't this bad last year with the same squad.
    well it is not the same... we exited frye , added zach.. the black hole...

the knicks had a brief window to get superman, but zeke didn't wanna break up the "dynamo" during the off season (without them playing one NBA game together BTW) to get him. now the Lakers are showing promise and you can kiss whatever possibility to get Kobe good bye (despite what he may tease us with.)

outside of Kobe, Lebron, or Tim Duncan. i doubt any single player can turn this season around.