Balkman Has Been Offered For Artest

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Balkman Has Been Offered For Artest
January 3, 2008 - 11:05 am
Sacramento Bee -
Renaldo Balkman has been offered in various deals for Ron Artest as an alternative to David Lee, but it's made no difference.

The Kings are interested in Lee and Nate Robinson

I don't think Isiah will make any trades simply because we can't get anything for our crappy players without giving up too much. The only player on our roster that has value is David Lee. We're screwed. Isiah is staying and this roster will be here for a while.

Starks

Starter
Any of you guys Met fans?

I ask, because what happened to the Mets this offseason is already happening in NY.

The Mets had a plethora of young propects that intrigued other teams. Lastings Milledge, Philip Humber, Mike Pelfrey, Carlos Gomez, ect.

Anytime a prime player was on the trading block they always were talk of getting some of the Mets kids in return... but the GM, Omar Minaya had this fear of trading young players. After awhile, teams go tired of not engaging Minaya for the young players. Eventually all these players got their playing time and had their value DROPPED like a stone in a lake.

This past offseason when the Mets needed to make a move the most, not one team called Minaya back.

Eventually Minaya traded away Lastings, who was supposed to be star center fielder, and got a lousy catcher that no ever heard of and another scrub for the outfield.

There was a time when star pitchers and hitters were frequently offered for the kids. Now no one calls at all and the Mets are stuck with kids they over sold to the fans.

Lesson Learned.

David Lee and Nate better be mega all stars one day, because soon what happend to Mets will happen here. There's good players that have been thrown around in trade talk (Kidd, A. Miller, Sam Cassell, Tracy McGrady, even Allen Iverson) If there ever was a way to get them, it would be now...before other teams catch on to Lee and Nate's bad traits and forget about them. Afterall, theres a helll of a lot more better young players in the league besides what NY has.

Personally, I'm no longer attached to any player at all on this roster. They all are infected, and this franchise has to be cleansed.

Any of you guys Met fans?

I ask, because what happened to the Mets this offseason is already happening in NY.

The Mets had a plethora of young propects that intrigued other teams. Lastings Milledge, Philip Humber, Mike Pelfrey, Carlos Gomez, ect.

Anytime a prime player was on the trading block they always were talk of getting some of the Mets kids in return... but the GM, Omar Minaya had this fear of trading young players. After awhile, teams go tired of not engaging Minaya for the young players. Eventually all these players got their playing time and had their value DROPPED like a stone in a lake.

This past offseason when the Mets needed to make a move the most, not one team called Minaya back.

Eventually Minaya traded away Lastings, who was supposed to be star center fielder, and got a lousy catcher that no ever heard of and another scrub for the outfield.

There was a time when star pitchers and hitters were frequently offered for the kids. Now no one calls at all and the Mets are stuck with kids they over sold to the fans.

Lesson Learned.

David Lee and Nate better be mega all stars one day, because soon what happend to Mets will happen here. There's good players that have been thrown around in trade talk (Kidd, A. Miller, Sam Cassell, Tracy McGrady, even Allen Iverson) If there ever was a way to get them, it would be now...before other teams catch on to Lee and Nate's bad traits and forget about them. Afterall, theres a helll of a lot more better young players in the league besides what NY has.

Personally, I'm no longer attached to any player at all on this roster. They all are infected, and this franchise has to be cleansed.
bro your 100% right about the mets-nice to know another met fans on here lol

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
isiah gotta keep his ground, cant trade both lee and nate in da same deal, maybe wit garcia

NYKnicks15

Starter
as i assumed that is the reason balkman is sitting the bench. he keeps offering him to the sacramento kings in a deal for Artest. NOW they would love to have both Lee and Robinson BUT they are only asking for one or the other.

so a Jared Jeffries & Nate Robinson deal could work. id prefer a Q and NRob deal but I wouldnt trade Lee at all. Chandler was showcased in yesterdays game against them but i hope he is not dealt to them. i would trade Q, Nrob and Balkman for Artest and Garcia. thatd be nice. a deal will go down by deadline and it might include bibby, marbury, kenny thomas, malik rose.. theres a few options of what may happen.

then again.. we could just wait for the offseason. but i seriously dont believe artest will sign for MLE. its just a matter of if the Kings believe that or not.

i'd like the Nate and Q for artest and garcia deal, but Q's contract is the only thing restricting that. I doubt the kings would budge just cuzza Q's contract

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I like Balkman a lot, but he has no place on this team given its current make up. We need a SF that can score from the outside and Balkman is never going to be that kind of player. If we could get Artest for Qrich and Robinson it would be like stealing. Robinson is a great athlete, but he's never going to be a top player because of his size. Qrich is terrible at this stage. Trading him for a cup of coffee would be a good deal.

I think getting Artest would be a risk because of "potential" on and off court distractions, but as long as we don't give up any key players I'm all for it. Maybe he'll settle down in NY because he actually WANTS to be here.

Trading Lee for him would be problematical. Not only does Lee still have the potential to become a better player, if we traded him, that means we are comitting to Zach as the PF. I would like to keep the option of trading Zach for another position player available because we could always then move Lee to starting PF and lose little.

Kiyaman

Legend
Sacremento Kings are trying to get rid of Kenny Thomas long contract, so they put Bibby or Artest on the trading block to get rid of Kenny Thomas.

Kiyaman

Legend
I like Balkman a lot, but he has no place on this team given its current make up. We need a SF that can score from the outside and Balkman is never going to be that kind of player. If we could get Artest for Qrich and Robinson it would be like stealing. Robinson is a great athlete, but he's never going to be a top player because of his size. Qrich is terrible at this stage. Trading him for a cup of coffee would be a good deal.

I think getting Artest would be a risk because of "potential" on and off court distractions, but as long as we don't give up any key players I'm all for it. Maybe he'll settle down in NY because he actually WANTS to be here.

Trading Lee for him would be problematical. Not only does Lee still have the potential to become a better player, if we traded him, that means we are comitting to Zach as the PF. I would like to keep the option of trading Zach for another position player available because we could always then move Lee to starting PF and lose little.

I dont know what you mean by KEY players on the Knicks but Balkman, Chandler, Collins, Nate, Morris, Lee, and defense-player-coach Malik Rose are KEY keepers on this Knick Team.
The contracts of Q.Richardson, or Jefferies, or Crawford would be able to swing for Ron Artest contract, but the three players performance is only worth a 2nd round pick each.

metrocard

Legend
After all the pain I've been through hearing all of the "Isiah transaction"s, I really DON'T want to go through it again.

Everyone needs to understand Isiah CAN'T make a positive transaction on this team. Anything he does will damage this team and anyone who believes not at this point really has no potential being a knowledgeable sports fan.

I HAVE NO INTEREST with ISIAH and his STUPID ASS TRADES. THEY AREN'T GOING TO DO ANYTHING OR CHANGE ANYTHING OR IMPROVE ANYTHING. He has PROVEN his flawed logic is the worst way in sports history to BUILD and DESTROY a team.

I just want him gone, I want DOLAN banned from the city and I want a new clean slate with this Franchise.

I can't even think about a trade without feeling some sort of pain.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I dont know what you mean by KEY players on the Knicks but Balkman, Chandler, Collins, Nate, Morris, Lee, and defense-player-coach Malik Rose are KEY keepers on this Knick Team.
The contracts of Q.Richardson, or Jefferies, or Crawford would be able to swing for Ron Artest contract, but the three players performance is only worth a 2nd round pick each.

I no longer think Collins, Nate, or Balkman are key and essential players.

I will grant you that each has talents, but they have limitations and haven't made any progress this year. I don't see any of them being an essential part of a Knicks team that can win a championship.

The Knicks deperately need outside shooting right now and neither Balkman or Collins can hit the ocean. Nate will never be anything more than a role player because of his defensive liabilities (size) and other factors. If we can get a relatively young all around outside shooting player for them, I think it would be the right move (no crazy contracts though).

Now if you tell me we are going to blow up the whole team and turn this into a 5 year project (get rid of Marbury after next year, trade Randolph, stick Qrich as far away from the court as possible, etc....) then we could keep those guys as role players off the bench. But they don't fit on this team where we need outside shooting to make Curry and Zach more effective down low.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
id rather have john salmons than artest! Artest is always injured and has his troubles off court!
salmons is a solid shooter who can step out for 3s and drive to basket for easy lay ups. Hes not a bad defender from what ive seen either.

i just duno if the kings would trade him........