Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Must trade Lee, Balkman & Q for Artest

Default Must trade Lee, Balkman & Q for Artest

I like Lee but we already have Zach here. Know one can honestly say that Lee will ever be better than Zach or even as good as Zach...With artest we finally get a bonafide small forward who can play DEFENSE and shoot form the outside. Enough with all these young players. Two, we get rid of Q who I was a fan of but it's clear that his back is gone...He should just retire! This will only get us to the playoffs though. We'll still get bounced in the first round. In the off-season we need to focus on getting rid of Curry or Zach to get a shot blocker. Preferrably a Curry for Tyson Chandler deal. Once we do that we should be ready to compete! And we should pick up Hasheem Thabeet C from I believe its UConn. He's a 7'2" and a menace to lay-ups and drives. I'd like to see:

Marbury/Robinson
    Crawford/Collins
    Artest/Chandler
    Zach/Rose
    Chandler/Thabeet
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

and Jerome James and Jared Jefferies at the end of the bench!
    Last edited by nycefnl; Jan 04, 2008 at 12:21.

i don't know about that.

probably not, tyson chandler isnt going anywhere

There's nothing that Lee can do or bring that Zach and Artest won't. We aren't winning with him and his defense is suspect. He doest rebound but he can't block a shot. No one on this team can. And we need to legitimize the small forward position. We already have an above average PF. With Zach's numbers he could've possibly made the all-star team if the Knicks won some more games and weren't such a joke.

Originally Posted by NicksKnicks
    probably not, tyson chandler isnt going anywhere
    so we should just get Artest for Q, Lee and Balkman and wait for the draft to get Thabeet from UConn and try to get Okafur in a sign and trade! We'd have Okafur there to start at center and intimidate and Thabeet off the bench for more intimidation while he learns the pro game.

Veteran

Originally Posted by nycefnl
    There's nothing that Lee can do or bring that Zach and Artest won't. We aren't winning with him and his defense is suspect. He doest rebound but he can't block a shot. No one on this team can. And we need to legitimize the small forward position. We already have an above average PF. With Zach's numbers he could've possibly made the all-star team if the Knicks won some more games and weren't such a joke.
    scientists for many years have debated if 'the black hole' exists... nasa has spent billions of $$$ on telescopes/space stations and shuddles. i am here to confirm the existence .

'Dr' Thomas has found the 'black-hole', for the meager amount of $40m..

while i don't think "Dr" Thomas will be coach of the year, i do smell a nobel prize in his future... way to go "Dr".....

Originally Posted by paris401
    scientists for many years have debated if 'the black hole' exists... nasa has spent billions of $$$ on telescopes/space stations and shuddles. i am here to confirm the existence .

while i don't think "Dr" Thomas will be coach of the year, i do smell a nobel prize in his future... way to go "Dr".....
    HAHA you gotta luv that!

I like Lee but we already have Zach here. Know one can honestly say that Lee will ever be better than Zach or even as good as Zach...With artest we finally get a bonafide small forward who can play DEFENSE and shoot form the outside. Enough with all these young players. Two, we get rid of Q who I was a fan of but it's clear that his back is gone...He should just retire! This will only get us to the playoffs though. We'll still get bounced in the first round. In the off-season we need to focus on getting rid of Curry or Zach to get a shot blocker. Preferrably a Curry for Tyson Chandler deal. Once we do that we should be ready to compete! And we should pick up Hasheem Thabeet C from I believe its UConn. He's a 7'2" and a menace to lay-ups and drives. I'd like to see:

Marbury/Robinson
    Crawford/Collins
    Artest/Chandler
    Zach/Rose
    Chandler/Thabeet
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

and Jerome James and Jared Jefferies at the end of the bench!
    Originally Posted by reckoning
    i don't know about that.
    Listen to the girl man you must be workin with Isiah as one of his protege's or sumthin. Kings want Lee for Artest so why would you give them extra by given them Balkman? I think they should keep trying to make deals centered around Balkman and hold onto Lee. Chandler can maybe replace Balkman sumday but whos gonna replace Lee? We need Lee to take minutes away from the black hole and McFlurry.

You got the right idea with the Curry for Chandler trade but New Orleans isnt this dumb, only you and Isiah are.

Lee might never average the numbers that Z-Bo can put up but hes much more of a team player and I would pick him to start over Zach any day. Curry is the bigger problem, I would pick Zach to start over Eddy any day. Lee is a keeper, may not be better statistically then Zach but his hustle and teamplay is sumthin we need more of on this team.

so we should just get Artest for Q, Lee and Balkman and wait for the draft to get Thabeet from UConn and try to get Okafur in a sign and trade! We'd have Okafur there to start at center and intimidate and Thabeet off the bench for more intimidation while he learns the pro game.
    You got the right ideas, Im a Thabeet fan too but I dont think Okafor is comin to the Knicks and again why would you give the Kings Balkman when all they want is Lee?

Originally Posted by paris401

Great post, this is why I voted for you twice. Its your ******* sarcasm that I love, You use to annoy me but I look forward to readin your posts now.

Veteran

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    . Its your ******* sarcasm that I love, You use to annoy me but I look forward to readin your posts now.
    that's exactly what my wife says.... only diff is i still annoy her...peace

I dunno why Balkman doesn't get a chance to play. In my view he has much more of an upside then Lee because he can play d.

KnicksonLIN.com

I think David Lee, Renaldo Balkman,and Quentin Richardson for Artest is a great trade. It will shorten the Knicks Roster, which will allow for free agent signings in the off season. Also, it will help our salary cap situation, because Artest doesn't even make that much compared to a lot of the other superstars in the league. However, if the Knicks are serious about growing as a team, they MUST trade Eddy Curry. Curry's terrible defense will always hinder the Knicks from winning games.

Originally Posted by abcd
    However, if the Knicks are serious about growing as a team, they MUST trade Eddy Curry. Curry's terrible defense will always hinder the Knicks from winning games.
    Agree. The center position is the last line of defense and as long as McFlurry is being useless on D teams will always sustain any run the knicks have during a game. It happens now and is the reason why teams are almost beating us by 20 near halftime. Curry doesn't make anyone think twice about taking it to the basket. Back in the day players saw themselves on the ground when they even thought about bringing it to Ewing and Oakley in the middle!

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Agree. The center position is the last line of defense and as long as McFlurry is being useless on D teams will always sustain any run the knicks have during a game. It happens now and is the reason why teams are almost beating us by 20 near halftime. Curry doesn't make anyone think twice about taking it to the basket. Back in the day players saw themselves on the ground when they even thought about bringing it to Ewing and Oakley in the middle!
    It's a shame how someone 6-11 plays so horrible on defense. Even Patrick Ewing(who is lightyears ahead of Curry in ability) would've never gotten his 2 NBA finals appearances, if he played like Curry does on the defensive end.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Listen to the girl man you must be workin with Isiah as one of his protege's or sumthin. Kings want Lee for Artest so why would you give them extra by given them Balkman? I think they should keep trying to make deals centered around Balkman and hold onto Lee. Chandler can maybe replace Balkman sumday but whos gonna replace Lee? We need Lee to take minutes away from the black hole and McFlurry.

You got the right idea with the Curry for Chandler trade but New Orleans isnt this dumb, only you and Isiah are.

Lee might never average the numbers that Z-Bo can put up but hes much more of a team player and I would pick him to start over Zach any day. Curry is the bigger problem, I would pick Zach to start over Eddy any day. Lee is a keeper, may not be better statistically then Zach but his hustle and teamplay is sumthin we need more of on this team.

You got the right ideas, Im a Thabeet fan too but I dont think Okafor is comin to the Knicks and again why would you give the Kings Balkman when all they want is Lee?
    Exactly! Why the hell would we give both Lee and Balkman, when all they want is Lee.

Lee is definitely a keeper, but unless he develops a jumpshot, he will forever be a great bench/role player. That is the only reason why Randolph is a starter and Lee is not. I'm not a fan of Z-Bo, but I think he could be a good starter if he is surrounded by good defensive players and 3-point shooters (hmmm, sounds like Artest). Oh, and teach him how to PASS THE DAMN BALL!!!

I would love for Chandler or Okafor to replace Curry and play alongside Randolph, but there is no way anyone is dumb enough to take a lazy, no-defense playin', fat piece o' **** like Curry for hustle players like Chandler and Okafor. If we want to get rid of Curry, it will have to be for a team that already plays great defense and desperately needs a offensive-post presence (Chicago??).With that in mind, I wouldn't want Ben Wallace here either. I think the best option is to trade Curry for an expiring contract and 2nd round pick (Minnesota for Theo Ratliff is the best option I can think of).

No disrespect but Isiah is not going trade Lee,Balkman, and Q for Artest. Especially Lee and Balkman, they are the energizer on the team. Whne they are on the court, the Knicks get runs. And come Artest?!?! please. Artest has a big ego, he ain't no way thinking of going to the Knicks.(A team that can't even win with him on the inactivem list) That's a BIG Hell No.