Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: re: Curry's comments on being a reserve

Default re: Curry's comments on being a reserve

"It definitely bugs me,'' Curry added. "I think I'm a starter in this league, but I guess not on this team.''

I used to be a fan of this guy. But these comments really got in my nerves. In actuality, he's more of a 20-25 minute starter in some teams, maybe a 30-35 minute starter in a few teams, and a reserve center for the other teams. I'm just so sick of this guy not performing like he's supposed to. And then after the games he makes all these comments. Heck he doesn't even have to live up to expectations anymore, but at least he should do what centers in general do, and that's defend and rebound, AND not just low post scoring. It is insane how he sucks so much in defense and in teamplay after all these years as a PRO. This guy will NEVER be an Allstar even after Shaq officially becomes a mediocre player.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

If he would cut down some pounds, and then practice hard!AND have work ethic it would be a different story. He gets dunked on, causes turnovers, and misses easy baskets. He plays like a Rookie at times. Thats why he should have gone to college to work on his game.

prove yourself, eddy, or shut the hell up.

McFlurry will not prove himself and he needs to shut up. He needs to keep his FAT mouth shut. Eddy Curry does play like a rookie the way hes hesitant and slow. Theres alot of rookies that play better then Curry. He is a negative, not a positve. He is not capable of playing good one on one defense and team defense. We give up points when hes on the court even the rare times where he is contributing offensively. Turnovers and foul trouble are also weaknesses that make Curry a negative. Hes gotta go first along with Crawford. I should do a poll asking who needs to go first, Crawford, Curry, or Richardson.

Realistically Quentin might not get us any available good player back. But I wont mind trading Curry for a defensive minded player. Id still go for Artest. Curry's got no future. The only thing that can save him right now is the proper mentoring from someone like Patrick Ewing. Too bad he's with Orlando helping make Dwight into a beast. Eddy Curry grew up (in the NBA) not having the proper education as a center. That's what happened, and look at him now.. saying **** about being a legitimate center in the league. Oh please! Crawford can stay though. But definitely not untradeable.

Sadly to say...the state of the Center in this league is terrible so he may be a starting Center but his gaping weaknesses fall into our guards weaknesses...defense. If our guards could play decent defense then he could be very useful on the floor...nevertheless that doesn't take away that he still sucks on the defensive end. Most of you have to realize...he doesn't suck...if he sucked then he wouldn't be our best low post Center offensively. The problem is the only hint of defense we have is at the 3,4, and 5. Q-Rich's defense is decent but he can't stay in front of faster guards which is usually why he is a 3. If the 1 and 2 didn't look so bad defensively then Curry's lack of defense could be overlooked because his high percentage buckets wouldn't be matched with 12-0 runs. When this happens something MUST change. So would any coach do? Inject defense into the lineup...

Veteran

Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    Sadly to say...the state of the Center in this league is terrible ...

true...true...true... i guess he has some trade value, as 6'11'' guys with some skills are pretty rare... but i dunno where he would fit in..

imagine him on the suns with their run and gun "O"... would he last 5mins running up and down the court..

Man, he'd be sweating whopper grease after 3 min. on the floor with the suns.

I would love to ask Curry why he thinks he is a starter in this league. I'm not saying he's not, but I really want to know what his reasons would be. Notice I said "reasons"... Curry can give no other reason than his inconsistent low post scoring ability. It's not a definite that you start in this league just because you can score. Players like Curry flourish on great defensive teams where his defense is not needed as much to decide a game. Ewing was a great defender, but even if he was just average the team as a whole were lock down defenders.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Eddy Curry isn't even a top 50 big man.

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    If he would cut down some pounds, and then practice hard!AND have work ethic it would be a different story. He gets dunked on, causes turnovers, and misses easy baskets. He plays like a Rookie at times. Thats why he should have gone to college to work on his game.
    AND AND he gets blocked by guys like delonte west and andre nocioni not woerforwards or centers he gets blocked by guys hes supposed to intimidate!

Originally Posted by reckoning
    prove yourself, eddy, or shut the hell up.
    couldn't say it better myself!

I agree that Curry is one of the worst centers in the league but I also feel like he does have some trade value because most big guys with size are overrated and if teams look at his 19.5ppg and 7rpg from last year they mite be impressed. I still think it would take a stupid gm to make a move for Curry but i guarentee theres a couple of them out there but none as bad as Isiah, not even Kevin McHale or Scott Layden.

I dont know if theres a gm out there dumb enuff to take Q-Rich, at this point hes done. He cant even guard small forwards anymore and I hate to say this cuz hes one of my favorite players but hes gotta retire. His shooting percentages are lower then Crawfords which I didnt think was possible.

Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    Sadly to say...the state of the Center in this league is terrible so he may be a starting Center
    Its true...alot of guys need Low post man...i mean Curry get doubled even when he is doing bad...and with good shooters and if the coaches can teach him how 2 pass better Curry will be a good Starting Center...he Deff got trade Value all we need 2 do use him 2 get a good player...him and maybe Q rich and a 2nd rounder?

Veteran

Originally Posted by thekidd13
    he Deff got trade Value ?
    to whom?? give us a couple/few names of teams that need a fat/out-of-shape burger-eating center..

Originally Posted by paris401
    to whom?? give us a couple/few names of teams that need a fat/out-of-shape burger-eating center..
    ok
    Seattle SuperSonics=now they a big man down low...Wilcox is a good Center but he barely is in the post...well thats just not his game...i mean Seatle would be better well atleast a lil bit wit someone down low which Durant can give the ball 2

Philadelphia 76ers=They got no one than can go 2 the post...i mean ey Dalembert is a defensive Center but thats it and he gets injured alot as well so im sure 76ers need one

Toronto Raptors=Eh they really dont need one but they dont have 1...im sure they would want someone like Curry down low...

Chicago Bulls=O yea them deff need someone down low...but Eddy being back 2 chicago is really a no chance of that happening
    Detriot Pistons=they dont need him cuz hell probably slow them down and there good the way they are but they need someone like curry down low

Washington Wizards=They lost gilbert and all they got down low is Brandon Haywood...HES OK but not really a threat down low...Eddy is even when he is doing bad and Washington is a game above 500 but if they start losing and start gettin desperate then yea they would probably like Curry

Miami Heat=Now Alonzo is probably gonna retire and not gonna come back...and Shaq barely gets any playing time...so maybe they would want some1 like curry

And Maybe Bobcats...
    now im not saying they all want a guy like curry but im sure put the right guy with curry in the trade the teams will do it