New York Knicks vs Houston Rockets Game Thread 1/5/08

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
New York Knicks(8-23) vs Houston Rockets(16-17)
January 5 at 8:30pm ET, live on MSG​

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 pregame show, Im your host Jazzy Jeff and Im gonna get right to talkin about tonights game in Houston. The Rockets are currently the 5th best team defensively in the NBA. Tracy McGrady and former Knick Steve Francis will both be out for this game and Bonzi Wells is listed as day to day. If Bonzi plays, he is capable of putting up impressive scoring numbers and he is an above average defender. Lets go take a look at the unofficial starting lineups.

STARTING LINEUPS

The Houston Rockets

pg-Rafer Alston
sg-Bonzi Wells
sf-Shane Battier
pf-Chuck Hayes
C-Yao Ming

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!!!!

BACK AT POINT GUARD, STEPHON MARBURY!!!!!
AT SHOOTING GUARD, JAMAL CRAWFORD
AT SMALL FORWARD, QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT POWER FORWARD, ZACH RANDOLPH
AT CENTER, EDDY CURRY

Tonights Key Matchup: Eddy Curry vs Yao Ming

Will Eddy Curry be able to match last nights performance tonight against Yao Ming? Here are the averages for the last 4 head to head matchups:

Eddy Curry: 9.8pts, 5rbs, 3TO
Yao Ming: 25pts, 9.3rbs, 4.5Blks

Hopefully history doesnt repeat itself tonight. If Eddy can match Yao Ming on offense the Knicks will have a good chance of winning this game. The Rockets arent that good of a team from the perimeter so without T-Mac there going to look to Yao Ming for some points. Eddy needs to use his size to keep Yao away from the basket.

MSG33's strategy:

• Look to double and trap Yao Ming on the baseline: Make sure to cut off passing lines!!!
  • Let Marbury run the team!!!
  • No more excuses, Eddy. Even with Z-Bo back, Eddys gotta do what he did last night and cant allow Randolph to continue to effect his play.
  • Cut back on Q' minutes!!! Richardson has not really been a factor, its time to play Balkman.

The Knicks need to be concerned with 2 players who come off the bench for the Rockets, and they are Luther Head and Mike James. Although Mike James is only shooting 33% from the perimeter when he gets hot he hit all his shots and same with Luther Head whos 3pt field goal percentage is 37%. It is the perimeter players who kill the Knicks but with Marbury back, they have one guy who can defend on the perimeter. Theres another good perimeter defender on this team but for whatever reason he hasnot seen much playing time this year. Im talking about the plastic man, Renaldo Balkman who I'm hoping will see some minutes tonight. Shane Battier is the best 3pt shooter on this team (39%) and its not a good idea to put Quentin Richardson on him.

Thats it for my pregame show, I thank everyone for joining me, the Rza of Knicksonline.com and remember to watch the Knicks and the Rockets tonight at 8:30 on MSG.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Eddy Curry
15 points
1 rebound
5 turnovers
5-11 FT
5-10 FG
0 blocks

Jamal Crawford
22 points
8-24 FG
7 turnovers
5 assist

Quinten Richardson
8 points
3-15 FG
1-7 3pt
7 rebounds

If you want to see the two biggest cancers in NBA history, enjoy watching this game.

I'm smashing this Dominican chick tonight and sparking the blunts...fuck Isiah, Chubbs and Crawful the Clown

GetRealistic

Starter
Metro the fact you had to say your getting laid means your obviously sitting infront of your computer jerking off tonight. But anyway i'm with ya, we all talk about boycotting the team yet we still watch the games. Why would you possibly waste a saturday night watching the Knicks. I mean shit i they some how get lucky you can watch that knicks in 60 shit later. Go out, do anything, watch the NFL playoffs. Just do't put yourself trough watching this joke.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks looked good against San Antonio, last night. But the one thing that came back to haunt them was their terrible defense. The only way the Knicks will win tonight is if they luck out and the Rockets have a hard time hitting 3 pointers. But I doubt this will happen, because the Knicks will most likely leave people wide open from 3, like they did about 10 different times in San Antonio.

metrocard

Legend
250 homo points for GetReal; imaging me masturbate isn't a good look chief. I don't even want to know what you imagine around the night time, have mercy on all the forum members here.

GetReal, you never watch the Knicks? I know they're the worst team in NBA history, but atleast be a fan. Before your post use to lack of a lot of base, I'm guessing because you never watched the games. At least watch the games for your own benefit, I've watched enough myself.

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
in a fantasy world if the knicks played like they did last night, there gunna win more games than they lose, but thats not gunna happen no team is perfect, i have a sick feeling all day the knicks play the 2nd of a back to back and it gets worse on the road, they usually show no energy, but maybe yesterday gave them some confidence that only a knicks loss can give lol, ill be watching just like i watch every game. go knicks.

BleedOrangeAndBlue

Benchwarmer
Not to get to excited but I saw alot of good things last night againts the best team in the NBA. If the knicks play a strong game against the rockets then maybe they are starting to get the message:Just play hard and give yourself a chance to win at the end of the game!The knicks had plenty of chances to beat the spurs but had some costly turnovers.

PS:Like I said before start malik rose and have zach randolph comme off the bench

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
How about starting David Lee who should be in the starting lineup anyways. Malik Rose should never play again.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Good defense and dropping TO's should keep us in the game for the most part. No one is stopping Yao...he has an inside-out game that is going to give us nightmares. The best thing to do is to limit their outside shooting from their 3pt threats (Alston, Head, and Battier). And I'm pretty sure that Head is starting this game...

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
How about starting David Lee who should be in the starting lineup anyways. Malik Rose should never play again.

ye agreed. lee should start at PF with curry C. Then when curry is off put zach or lee at center. Lee is the key. zach and eddy have to alternate on and off. Thats how we are going to get something going

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Malik Rose and Q-Rich should have great conversations at the end of the bench. Can Renaldo get some burn please... this is getting ridiculous.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Mutumbo is 1 minute in the game and blocked Randolph then Curry... lol thats funny. Eddy and Randolph are pretty soft.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Currys fathers (Yao and Mutumbo) are owning him right now. Yaos in foul trouble but he dominated his son before pickin up that 2nd foul. And how the F*ck does the Black hole have 3 turnovers already?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Curry vs Ming, last 4 head to head matchups

Eddy Curry: 9.8pts, 5rbs, 3TO
Yao Ming: 25pts, 9.3rbs, 4.5Blks

These stats were in my game thread, unbelievable how Yao Ming has owned Curry. I bet Eddy gets butterflies in his stomach everytime someone mentions the name Yao MIng.

Jared Jeffries, the great defender signed to a big contract by I-Gay-ah allowed Bonzi to cross him over and knock down the buzzer beater. And yes, this was partially Marburys fault for taking the shot to soon.