New York Knicks vs Houston Rockets Game Thread 1/5/08

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
He tried to by adding Zach randolph but he has made every player on this team worse. IM now for the first time questioning who worse, Z-Bo or Curry. And im still goin with Curry, at least Z-Bo rebounds and both these guys would be better if the other one wasnt there. Z-Bo at his best is better then Curry at his best, Z-Bo rebounds and has more post moves + mid range game.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
23-40 with over 7 minutes left in the 2nd? Damn, this is turning into another "celtic" massacre..
i've seen enough.. gonna hit the bed now..

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
You got the right idea Rady, the Celtics are playin the Pistons and thats what I have on right now. I would love to see the Celtics lose, I hate them almost as much as I hate Isiah.......well no I cant say that but I hate them.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wasn't Jefferies a BUM last season.

Didn't Q.Richardson start the first 15 games this season like he did with Larry Brown (Non Productive on both sides of the court.)?

How long does it take to find out that the Curry & Zach Tandem are failures in the Starting lineup this season in 9 out of every 10 starts we are behind in points.

What is Isiah Thomas trying to Prove???

Kiyaman

Legend
45-25 Rockets

The NO-D Knicks have SF-Jefferies, PF-Zach, and C-Curry on the court with Crawford. These Four players dont have any Chemistry with each other than the one or two Crawford lobs to Curry for a DUNK. None of these four players play TEAM-DEFENSE, especially Jefferies.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Richardson and Jeffries both should not be gettin any minutes and Im not sure why Crawford continues to get starter minutes. Isiah has to be the biggest idiot in sports. His starting lineup and rotations are a joke. Balkman can do more in 10 minutes then Jeffries and Q-stitch can in a hole game. Its very obvious that the Knicks spacing is poor when Zach and Curry are on the court at the same time. I would play Z-Bo for 30 minutes a game, Curry for 20 minutes, and give more time to Lee and Randolph Morris. This would be a temporary solution until one of these whoppers are traded. This is pathetic and I hope things dont get any worse then they are now.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I missed alot of the first half watchin that Celtics game but you know anything positive about Marbury makes me happy. He hasnt done much by lookin at the boxscore but he hasnt turned the ball over and Im assumin hes playin good defense.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Why isn't balkman playing or Chandler... This is unfair... FIRE THAT SH!T Isiah..... CAN DOLAN pleaseeeeeeeeeeee sell the team, he is to stupid anyway.

Kiyaman

Legend
Richardson and Jeffries both should not be gettin any minutes and Im not sure why Crawford continues to get starter minutes. Isiah has to be the biggest idiot in sports. His starting lineup and rotations are a joke. Balkman can do more in 10 minutes then Jeffries and Q-stitch can in a hole game. Its very obvious that the Knicks spacing is poor when Zach and Curry are on the court at the same time. I would play Z-Bo for 30 minutes a game, Curry for 20 minutes, and give more time to Lee and Randolph Morris. This would be a temporary solution until one of these whoppers are traded. This is pathetic and I hope things dont get any worse then they are now.

You good because both Zach & Curry would receive 25 or less minutes of playingtime from me if I wanted to keep my JOB as coach.
I would play the future players "Lee, Balkman, Chandler, and Morris" in all kinds of rotation, and staying late with them after Practice making creative defense & offensive plays, while letting them know that when contract time comes these plays will be their nogotiation chips.

As for Crawford the Knicks had the right replacement in SF/SG-Demetris Nichols to go along with Nate and Collins in the Backcourt.

Halftime
NO-D Knicks-42
Rockets-55

The Knicks cameback from being down by 20 points to 13 points on the strength of Nate Robinson presuring Skip to my Lou bringing the ball up court.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks have a lineup of Curry Zach Crawford Marbury and Nate.
Lee need to replace Zach, Balkman need to replace Crawford, and Chandler need to replace Marbury when he get tired.

Pricey

Rotation player
God bless Nate, love that guy. Yao owned us but and they scored too many shots from the permieter

Kiyaman

Legend
6 turnovers for Zach, why is he in the game at crunchtime?
Why is Isiah using a 3-Guard lineup that has NO Shotblockers to back them up like 6.11 Randolph Morris. What has Crawford done all game long?
Nate fouled out of the game and Crawford probanly has NO Fouls, 1 or 2 assists, and 10 points with over 30 minutes played.

Balkman is a Point-Foward on any team in the NBA and would be the right player in a 3-Guard Offense. Last season when Lee, Crawford, Nate, and Balkman came off the bench and was in the lineup at the same time they out played every oponent with Balkman bringing the ball up court as a Guard.
103-91 NO-D Knick LOSS

SEVEN Straight NO-D Knicks LOSSES...

Pricey

Rotation player
6 turnovers for Zach, why is he in the game at crunchtime?
Why is Isiah using a 3-Guard lineup that has NO Shotblockers to back them up like 6.11 Randolph Morris. What has Crawford done all game long?
Nate fouled out of the game and Crawford probanly has NO Fouls, 1 or 2 assists, and 10 points with over 30 minutes played.

Balkman is a Point-Foward on any team in the NBA and would be the right player in a 3-Guard Offense. Last season when Lee, Crawford, Nate, and Balkman came off the bench and was in the lineup at the same time they out played every oponent with Balkman bringing the ball up court as a Guard.
103-91 NO-D Knick LOSS

SEVEN Straight NO-D Knicks LOSSES...
I agree mate but i wont be too harsh on Zach, he got 22 boards and scored 16 odd pts i think but yeah the turnovers ruin the good work he did.
Balkman should have got some serious game time tonight, Lee had a off night and Jeffries blows.
How long can Richardson be in this squad, the guy is useless. Trade him for some deflated bballs

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
David Lee is not a starter type of player. He is only affective off the bench, haven't you seen that when he started in the other games.

Do you like losing? Its torture watching the Curry and Z-Bo combo on the court at the same time. Its not gonna work and this is why Lee needs more minutes. He is more compatible not just with One of the two twinkies but with every other part on this team. In other words, hes a better team player. Curry and Zach cant spell team player, defense, and intensity but they know how to spell turnover and Burger King.

Yao Ming vs Eddy McFlurry

Ming-30pts, 8rbs, 6asts, 4blks, 5TO
McFlurry-16pts(6-16), 6rbs, 3To, Blocked twice

Rookie Aaron Brooks drops a career high 22 points on the Knicks. He only averages 10 minutes a game but played 24:30 tonight.

Z-Bo finishes with 6 Turnovers.

Nate Robinson comes up big off the bench scoring 25 points on 9 for 13 shooting. Richardson plays 9 minutes going 0 for 2.