Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 61

Thread: New York Knicks vs Houston Rockets Game Thread 1/5/08

  1. #46
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    If the Knicks do get the 1st pick.... Which I am not even sure if its our pick... Can someone please research that. I researched it... but it said something like

    Utah receives a 2008 New York first-round pick (top 23 protected in 2008, top 22 protected in 2009 and unproteced in 2010) (Tom Gugliotta trade 021904) via Phoenix (Marbury trade) Phoenix receives a 2005 New York Knicks first-round pick. (010504 Marbury trade).
    I want the Knicks to get a good pick... But will it help.. Isiah won't give the amount of minutes to a rookie, compared to a old player. like... Malik Rose... haha!

  2. #47
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I agree that the z-bo and curry combo is not good thats why on page 1 I said to start malik Rose over z-bo, this way curry could go to work just like he did vs the spurs

    PS: Like i said before David Lee is not affective as a starter
    [/QUOTE]

    And Malik Rose is effective? You must really like losing. Curry played good against the Spurs because Zach Randolph didnt play and thats the only reason why. This in the only thing that can motivate Curry, he wanted to prove that he can at least play good without the Black Hole next to him. If only he had this same motivation all the time.

    You sayin Lee is not affective as a starter means nothin to me, I dont even take that seriously. He might not have the size of Curry or the skill of Zach, but hes a team player and is much more compatible with the rest of the players on this team then both of the twinkies will ever be. Lee needs to be in that starting lineup, there is no question about this and Im sure a poll would prove my point.

  3. #48
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    If the Knicks do get the 1st pick.... Which I am not even sure if its our pick... Can someone please research that. I researched it... but it said something like



    I want the Knicks to get a good pick... But will it help.. Isiah won't give the amount of minutes to a rookie, compared to a old player. like... Malik Rose... haha!
    The Jazz can't have the Knicks draft pick, cause the Knicks haven't done a trade with the Jazz. The Knicks gave the Bulls their 2006 and 2007 draft pick. The only way the Jazz will get New York's 1st round pick is if the Knicks do a trade with them before the deadline, which I pray doesn't happen.

  4. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    This game went mostly as expected.

    Yao is simply a better player than Curry and got the best of that matchup as expected. However, as IS ALWAYS THE CASE, Zach's production came OUT OF CURRY. I'd bet my life against a dime that if Zach didn't play, Curry would have scored and rebounded more and the game would have been closer. I am not blasting Zach here. I'm just pointing out that these guys can't be on the same court together because they have the same strengths and at least some of the same weaknesses. Whatever Zach adds in terms of points and boards is not a GAIN to the Knicks because it comes from somewhere else. He adds ZERO ZERO ZERO to the Knicks despite his obvious talents.

    The real key to the game was that Houston's guards killed our guards. Whatever hope we had was lost because our guards did not defend against their guards.

    Robinson had one of his good nights. He's a very talented athlete and unlike one of the other Knicks guards, actually has a lot of heart at crunch time. However, before anyone starts calling him a good shooter they should actually take a look at his shooting percentage relative to other good guards around the league (overall). What he is is a streaky shooter and yesterday was one of his good days. Besides, saying Nate is one of the best outside shooters on the Knicks is like saying he's the taller than most pygmies.
    Last edited by knicklover; Jan 06, 2008 at 14:25.

  5. #50
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    The Jazz can't have the Knicks draft pick, cause the Knicks haven't done a trade with the Jazz. The Knicks gave the Bulls their 2006 and 2007 draft pick. The only way the Jazz will get New York's 1st round pick is if the Knicks do a trade with them before the deadline, which I pray doesn't happen.
    ....wow.... Don't you know that Phoenix could have made a trade with the Jazz involving the Knicks first round pick that was involved durin.. the Marbury trade.

  6. #51
    Member BleedOrangeAndBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx,New York
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    [quote/]And Malik Rose is effective? You must really like losing. Curry played good against the Spurs because Zach Randolph didnt play and thats the only reason why. This in the only thing that can motivate Curry, he wanted to prove that he can at least play good without the Black Hole next to him. If only he had this same motivation all the time.

    You sayin Lee is not affective as a starter means nothin to me, I dont even take that seriously. He might not have the size of Curry or the skill of Zach, but hes a team player and is much more compatible with the rest of the players on this team then both of the twinkies will ever be. Lee needs to be in that starting lineup, there is no question about this and Im sure a poll would prove my point.[/quote]

    to msg knicks:I dont care if u dont take it seriously when I say that lee is not affective as a starter because I know myself that he really isnt. Didnt u wacth all the other games when he started. I saw that the starting lineup against the spurs played well so I wanted to keep that lineup. If you held a poll u probbably would win because everyone sees that lee is a good player but they dont understand that he needs to come off the bench to bring some energy.

  7. #52
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by BleedOrangeAndBlue
    to msg knicks:I dont care if u dont take it seriously when I say that lee is not affective as a starter because I know myself that he really isnt. Didnt u wacth all the other games when he started. I saw that the starting lineup against the spurs played well so I wanted to keep that lineup. If you held a poll u probbably would win because everyone sees that lee is a good player but they dont understand that he needs to come off the bench to bring some energy.
    Your right that my polls validity would be questionable because alot of people are going to chose Lee just because there in love with him but Malik Rose doesnt even really count as a basketball player. The only thing that he ever did that I liked was when he said the Knicks are not a championship team contradicting what his coach Isiah said about his vision of this team being a championship team.

    David Lee has started in 6 games this season, and here are his stats:

    As a starter:
    37.8 minutes
    12.8ppg
    10.5rpg

    Off the bench:
    23.7 minutes
    9.2ppg
    7.4rpg

    Minutes = +14.1
    Points = +3.6
    Rebounds = +3.1

    "to msg knicks:I dont care if u dont take it seriously when I say that lee is not affective as a starter because I know myself that he really isnt. Didnt u wacth all the other games when he started. I saw that the starting lineup against the spurs played well so I wanted to keep that lineup."

    Not only is Lee effective as a starter but he is a better team player then any other big guy that we have, it is obvious that he needs to be in the starting lineup and it is obvious that I just owned you. You were stupid to try and even argue this and from now on you are my son. You just got Deboed.

  8. #53
    Member BleedOrangeAndBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx,New York
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Your right that my polls validity would be questionable because alot of people are going to chose Lee just because there in love with him but Malik Rose doesnt even really count as a basketball player. The only thing that he ever did that I liked was when he said the Knicks are not a championship team contradicting what his coach Isiah said about his vision of this team being a championship team.

    David Lee has started in 6 games this season, and here are his stats:

    As a starter:
    37.8 minutes
    12.8ppg
    10.5rpg

    Off the bench:
    23.7 minutes
    9.2ppg
    7.4rpg

    Minutes = +14.1
    Points = +3.6
    Rebounds = +3.1

    "to msg knicks:I dont care if u dont take it seriously when I say that lee is not affective as a starter because I know myself that he really isnt. Didnt u wacth all the other games when he started. I saw that the starting lineup against the spurs played well so I wanted to keep that lineup."

    Not only is Lee effective as a starter but he is a better team player then any other big guy that we have, it is obvious that he needs to be in the starting lineup and it is obvious that I just owned you. You were stupid to try and even argue this and from now on you are my son. You just got Deboed.
    How can u say you deboed me with those wack stats that dont make a diffrence wether we win or lose. If David Lee starts where is the energy gonna come from off the bench, dont say reynaldo balkman because IT is not smart enough to play him and Nate only plays good when he feels like it. Nobody sons me!

  9. #54
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by BleedOrangeAndBlue
    How can u say you deboed me with those wack stats that dont make a diffrence wether we win or lose. If David Lee starts where is the energy gonna come from off the bench, dont say reynaldo balkman because IT is not smart enough to play him and Nate only plays good when he feels like it. Nobody sons me!
    This debate is already over, you lost. F*ck talkin about energy off the bench, wheres the F*ckin energy in the starting lineup? No matter what we gonna lose but nothin is worse then watching the double whopper go to work. And we still got Nate to bring energy off the bench, one energy guy in the starting 5 and one off the bench its simple mathematics like 2+2.

  10. #55
    Member BleedOrangeAndBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx,New York
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    This debate is already over, you lost. F*ck talkin about energy off the bench, wheres the F*ckin energy in the starting lineup? No matter what we gonna lose but nothin is worse then watching the double whopper go to work. And we still got Nate to bring energy off the bench, one energy guy in the starting 5 and one off the bench its simple mathematics like 2+2.
    you say where is the energy in the starting lineup but if david lee starts then we have no energy nowhere. but you could say you won this debate even thogh all I was saying from the begining was that the night Malik rose started we played way better and I thought it wouldnt hurt to try that again

  11. #56
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by BleedOrangeAndBlue
    you say where is the energy in the starting lineup but if david lee starts then we have no energy nowhere. but you could say you won this debate even thogh all I was saying from the begining was that the night Malik rose started we played way better and I thought it wouldnt hurt to try that again
    Its cool man we can put it behind us but you did say that Lee is not effective as a starter and that Malik would be better in the starting lineup then Lee would be.

  12. #57
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    671
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Somebody please anwser my question!! What in the world was Isiah thinking when he made Lee guard a 7'5 center??Is the guy crazy or what??



    Ah and by the way I would rather see Lee start then lazy assed Curry and ballhog Randolph.Hell I would'nt mind seeing Lee and Chandler starting!!! What could we lose?? nothing at all!!!

  13. #58
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by David Lee is #1
    Somebody please anwser my question!! What in the world was Isiah thinking when he made Lee guard a 7'5 center??Is the guy crazy or what??



    man i laugh at ppl like dis man, if u watched the game, david lee did the best job on yao

  14. #59
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Lee is better defensively than Randolph and Curry.

    MSG deboed the newbie.


  15. #60
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Check out the Blow it the F*ck up thread, Knicklover got deboed.

Similar Threads

  1. Looking back on the 2003-04 Knicks season
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 22:10
  2. Sacramento Kings vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/2/08
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: Jan 03, 2008, 16:00
  3. New York Knicks vs Charlotte Bobcats Game Thread 12/21
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Dec 22, 2007, 22:58
  4. New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls Game Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: Dec 15, 2007, 09:58
  5. Dallas Mavericks vs New York Knicks Game Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Dec 11, 2007, 19:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •