What EXCUSE does Isiah Thomas have

Kiyaman

Legend
Could someone explain to me "What excuse do Isiah Thomas have" for losing seven straight games with a 8-23 record this season?

Isiah Thomas took a 39 WIN season team to become a 33 WIN season team to become a 23 WIN season team to become a 33 WIN season team that with the RATIO of just WINNING 8 games out of 31 Games (8-23) making this team a 23 WIN season team in the 2007-8 season.

This NO-D Knick Team Players should NO-Longer be used as an EXCUSE, no matter how bad their performance or the injuries to players.
The EXCUSES of the "NO-D Knicks" have to go straight to Management & Coaching over the last four seasons, especially when the change of roster is a consistent change each season.

2003-4 Roster:
2004-5 Roster:
2005-6 Roster:
2006-7 Roster:
2007-8 Roster:

What excuse does President/Coach Isiah Thomas have???

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
One excuse Isiah Thomas could use is that even though he was the one who traded for all these players who used to be stars of terrible teams(Stephon Marbury 21 and 8 assists Knicks and 23 and 9 assists Nets ,Jamal Crawford 17 ppg 38% fg Bulls, Quentin Richardson 17 ppg Clippers,Zach Randolph 23 and 10 Trailblazers, Eddy Curry 16 points and 1 block Bulls) it's the players that aren't winning games.Even though this is a bad argument, considering he signed these players, he could use it.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
One excuse Jim Dolan can use is that Isiah Thomas is President of basketball operations, General Manager, and Coach of the Knicks, so he doesn't feel comfortable firing Isiah. This excuse is terrible, because he was the idiot that gave Thomas a 24 million dollar extension, right before his contract expired, but he could use it.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Isiahs not even smart enough to use those excuses which are crappy like that Dr. on here, but instead he blames the fans which is the worst possible excuse. Another excuse I could see Isiah using is that the team needs more time to develop chemistry with the new addition of Zach Randolph who isnt really new at this point, hes played at least 30 games. They should be developin chemistry by now but the problem is there isnt enough team players on this team. Zach and Eddy are both not team players, Richardsons career is over and Crawford is not even a starter. I believe if Isiah was using the right lineups and rotations this team would have won more games and would possibly be only a couple games away from the 8th spot in the playoffs.

This is the lineup that I would go with:

pg-Marbury
sg-Collins
sf-Balkman
pf-Lee
C-Randolph

The shooting guard position is the biggest problem, Q is too slow and Crawford sucks. Collins is not the best answer but I dont know what else we can do. Lee isnt quick enough to play small forward. Here are a couple of alternative lineups:

pg-Nate Robinson
sg-Marbury
sf-Balkman
pf-Lee
C-Randolph

pg-Marbury
sg-Balkman
sf-Chandler
pf-Lee
C-Randolph

None of these lineup are great but they beat Isiahs. Richardson, Malik Rose, and Jared Jeffries should all never play again, unless if Malik makes some more comments that contradicts what Isiah says. Thats the only way he would deserve some more minutes. Mardy collins has not looked good this year but we cant forget the way he played at the end of last year.

BleedOrangeAndBlue

Benchwarmer
at this point, there's no excuse.

Thank you, this was all that needed to be said about this thread. The knicks play no defense,have too many turnovers,they lack heart, and the coach is an azz. I get tired of defending the knicks against my freinds even I am out of excuses

naterob4

Benchwarmer
Isiah is a fricking clown. How does he expect players to do any good when he puts them out there for 3 or 4 minute stretches. Ridiculas he does it to fred jones all the time puts him in for a few minutes and right back on the bench. Fucking retard im so sick of this team that i watch the games just to get mad and pick on them. We dont deserve this its a disgrace and isiah is a pussy with no idea how to coach. Absolutely the worst coach in the league hands down.

OAKLEY RULEZ

Benchwarmer
well obviously, the psychic who told zeke to make these moves was telling him lies.

i swear, i'm waiting for isiah to start spouting out some crap like that.

:wallbash:

Pricey

Rotation player
lol im pretty sure in "I Am Legend" the scene where everyone in NY was trying to get out was after a Knicks game and they started rolling the film lol.

its Impossible For Isiah To Have Any Excuses. What Is He Goin To Use Crawford Shoulder And Hand Or Eddy Curry Eating To Much Burgers Or He Could Use Randolph Being A Super Ball Hog And A Nut But Hey He Cant Use Those Cause We Is Already 8-29.

I'm not even close to an "isiahsexual" but I've got to put some of the blame on the "pro-ball player's". They consistantly show lack of heart and disipline on the court and sometimes it seems like they don't even want to try and "play like a team" but rather just get their numbers. I mean as long as Curry gets 20pts he's happy(and 2 boards) and as long as Zack gets to jack up 30 shots and steal 6 or 7 boards from his teamates(much like Q on the boards part) they'll be fine. Crawford and Zack should both be comming off the bench in my opinion with the starting five of Steph,Nate,Chandler(most complete SF we have, Balkman can't shoot, Q needs to retire, Jeffries is Jeffries?)Lee and Curry. I think this could work... but then again I thaught at the begining of the season we were going to be a 5 or 6 seed in the East... what a dum-ass I was hugh:(

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks has been lacking a SF since the start of this season.

Those of us Knick-Fans that watched the 5-0 Knicks Summer League Games seen THREE Great Promising Future SF on the Knicks Roster with so much POTENTIAL. We also seen a great 6.11 defensive rebounding C/PF that will become a great backup in both positions. And we can not leave out the "MVP" Energy-Combo-Guard on the Knicks Summer League Team.

Where are those three potential SF that showed Promise in every performance? The Knicks been missing a SF in the last 33 games, using 6.2 Fred Jones as a SF should say something about Management and the coaching staff.

Where is the DEFENSE in the C/PF position that has been missing the last 33 games this season?

Why havn't the "MVP" Summer League Energy Combo Guard been getting decent playingtime in all 33 games this season? has he been injured?