Chris Kaman

Should the Knicks trade for Chris Kaman?

• Yes.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No.

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
...Might be the ugliest player to ever play in the NBA. But MAN this guy is having a great season. I wouldn't mind trading EC for him...
3 Blocks a game. 14 boards. 18 points. Those are crazy stats. Might get turnovers. but he is a good player.. Defensive, and a bit offensive.
You guys got any offers?

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3112

I didn't see to much positive feedback on that thread...

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Other then EC for Kaman straight up, I dont have any offers but I would make the trade, Kaman is clearly the better of the 2. He is one of the ugliest players but his teammated is even uglier.

Top 5 ugliest players (no homo)

1. Cam Cassell
2. Rajon Rondo
3. Chris Kaman
4. Brian Scalabrine
5. Eddy Curry/Zach Randolph

nyKnicks126

Brain Skinner, Matt Bonner, Brad Miller should be up there too. among with one time player Greg Ostertag. and.... Greg Oden. The kid looks like he is 40.

Kaman, would bring DEFENSE to the team. He is also a young player too. Then Z Bo, and Kaman might be able to fit better then the EC and Z bo project.. which is like the Starbury, and Francis project... two offensive abilities on this squad dont work.. Thats why Z bo would carry the offense.. to a point, and Kaman got the D.

Kaman is exactly what this team is looking or-DEFENSIVE GAME OVER OFENSIVE GAME. Like you said defensive player with a bit of offense. We have plenty of scorers. the mans averagin 14 rpg-thats crazy-and hes a TEAM PLAYER. But as long Isiah's here, so is Curry, and everybody else.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think they should make the trade, but I don't see why the Clippers would trade Kaman.Who would they get in return? Quentin Richardson, who led one of the worst Clipper teams in Clippers history?

BleedOrangeAndBlue

Benchwarmer
Yall gotta be kidding me.Are the knicks that bad that we dont have anything to talk about besides how ugly a player is. I mean yall really sat there and thought about all the ugly ni99as in the nba.wow

nyKnicks126

And you got the nerve, and the time to respond to threads like this! :) Congratulations!

Kaman is Kaman, a defensive player who can be a good addition to this struggling Knicks team.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
...Might be the ugliest player to ever play in the NBA. But MAN this guy is having a great season. I wouldn't mind trading EC for him...
3 Blocks a game. 14 boards. 18 points. Those are crazy stats. Might get turnovers. but he is a good player.. Defensive, and a bit offensive.
You guys got any offers?

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3112

I didn't see to much positive feedback on that thread...

In Feb of 2007 I think the Clippers would have made the trade for Curry (maybe) but now why would anyone trade any value for him. The only thing Curry has going for him right now is the fact that he is still very young, 6' 11" and 290 pounds. He also has a little bit of a smoke screen to stand behind; he could potentially blame his numbers on Isiah's lack of ability to build and run a NBA franchise. He did have impressive numbers in Chicago and decent numbers before this season.... Kaman on the other hand is looking like he is on the upside now. Then again the Clippers aren't doing much better than the Knicks and some players have a tendency to be good on bad teams. Still, if you are the GM of the Clippers and Isiah calls you to see if you would make a player for player trade (Curry for Kaman)... What would be the reasoning for him to make that trade??? Right now all things being equal; on paper Kaman is so much more valuable than Curry. In order to make that trade, I'm sorry to say that the Knicks would have to sweeten the pot.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
In Feb of 2007 I think the Clippers would have made the trade for Curry (maybe) but now why would anyone trade any value for him. The only thing Curry has going for him right now is the fact that he is still very young, 6' 11" and 290 pounds. He also has a little bit of a smoke screen to stand behind; he could potentially blame his numbers on Isiah's lack of ability to build and run a NBA franchise. He did have impressive numbers in Chicago and decent numbers before this season.... Kaman on the other hand is looking like he is on the upside now. Then again the Clippers aren't doing much better than the Knicks and some players have a tendency to be good on bad teams. Still, if you are the GM of the Clippers and Isiah calls you to see if you would make a player for player trade (Curry for Kaman)... What would be the reasoning for him to make that trade??? Right now all things being equal; on paper Kaman is so much more valuable than Curry. In order to make that trade, I'm sorry to say that the Knicks would have to sweeten the pot.

Its too bad Isiah didnt have a brother who was the gm of the clippers, only Isiah or sum1 related to him would be dumb enuff to trade Kaman for Curry. You brought up a good point, Although I think Currys poor play is his own fault he could make a very good case that Isiahs inablity to build and run a franchise is the reason for his numbers declining and his turnovers/poor defense. His numbers looked good last year but watchin him play it was clear he still had alot to work on.

1. Defense (1 on 1 and team)
  2. turnovers
  3. conditioning
  4. mental toughness
  5. Rebounding
  6. passing out of double team
  7. Effort

NyKnicks126....I think I remember that thread but I never responded to it. I wish I was around more for some of these old classic debates, It was a no brainer then and same now. Kaman is way better then Curry and he is often left out of top 10 Center lists, he is a top 10 center. I see curry in the top 40, his defense and lack of ability to rebound really hold him back. His offense is overrated by 70% of Knick fans.

Kaman Would Be A Nice Fit Wit Randolph Cause Kaman Got Good Defense,grab Rebounds,score And Got More Heart Than Curry. I Would Make That Trade Wit My Eyes Close Wit No Brain And With My Hands Tied Behind My Back.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Kaman Would Be A Nice Fit Wit Randolph Cause Kaman Got Good Defense,grab Rebounds,score And Got More Heart Than Curry. I Would Make That Trade Wit My Eyes Close Wit No Brain And With My Hands Tied Behind My Back.

There you go man now you talkin. Eddy aint much better then Jerome and Morris.

paris401

Starter
I would like to see more peoples opinions about this topic. Metro you got any feedback?

maybe i'm wrong (i have been numerous times), but i do not see any trades (of substance) happening... the trend in the nba is for a quick athletic team... which means curry is of no use, neither is zach (thanks portland). forget q-rich/jefferies/burger-king, and starbury will only have value in feb of 09... jamal IMO (just an opinion) has little value... he is so streaky 10/12 one nite, 2/12 the next, that a contender won't take him, and the rest of the league is trying to dump salary, not take it on...

i fear the team u see now , is our team for the next 1+ years...

now back to nick-at-nite

nyKnicks126

I agree. There won't be trades. Isiah admitted a week ago. I am trying to force some ideas. But Isiah just will never read them. We are to low of a class for him wealth wise. ;)