New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls Game Thread 1/8/08

Who should be the starting power forward for the Knicks?

• Zach Randolph

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Malik Rose

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • David Lee

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
New York Knicks(8-24) vs Chicago Bulls(13-19)​
Tuesday, January 7 at 8:30PM ET Live on MSG​

Welcome to MSGKNickz33 pregame show, Im your host Jazzy Jeff and Im here to breakdown Tuesday nights matchup. The Knicks have lost 7 straight games and I think its safe to say their season is over. The last time the Knicks played the Bulls it inspired me to make a poll question that asked which of these 3 teams have had the most dissapointing season: The Knicks, the Bulls, or the Miami Heat. Since then the Bulls have played good enough to no longer belong in the same question with the other 2 teams but they are still struggling, winning 5 out of their last 10. Being 6 games under .500, they are still in the playoff picture. When your team is 16 games under .500, you know its time to give up and start thinking about the draft.

Lets take a look at the starting lineups for both teams.

The Chicago Bulls

pg-Chris Duhon
sg-Kirk Hinrich
sf-Luol Deng
pf-Joe Smith
C-Ben Wallace

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!!!

AT POINT GUARD, STEPHON MARBURY
AT SHOOTHING GUARD, JAMAL CRAWFORD
AT SMALL FORWARD, QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT POWER FORWARD, ZACH RANDOLPH
AT CENTER, EDDY CURRY

:gony::gony::gony:

Tonights Key Matchup: Stephon Marbury vs Chris Duhon

Chris Duhon does a good job of taking care of the ball and finding his teammates. He is not a great shooter and he should not be a major problem for the Knicks. I do not think this team can win this game without a good game from Stephon Marbury. They need him to play well on both ends of the court but you cant put to much pressure on him, this is still just his 4th game back after missing almost the entire month of December. He was a key in the Knicks victory over the Bulls earlier this season at the Garden. His defense on Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich combined with his efficient offense helped the Knicks defeat the Bulls.

Marbury vs Chicago on November 24:
19pts(6-12)(2-3 3pt), 6rbs, 4asts, 1 blk, 1stl

Kirk Hinrich-11pts(5-18)
Ben Gordon-13pts(4-17), 5TO

Not only did Marbury get it done on offense but his defense was nothing short of spectacular.

What do the Knicks need to do to win?

• Chicago is the 11th best team defensively in the league. Knicks need to take care of the ball, move the ball around and play as a team.
  • Ben Gordon is very productive off the bench and the Knicks cannot let him run up the score because he is fully capable of doing this.
  • Attack Ben Wallace!!!! He's getting older and Curry had a couple of good games against him last year.
  • Box Out!!!! Chicago is a better rebounding team. At the same time, the Knicks should be a better rebounding team then they are so they need to work on boxing out and putting more effort in.

Chicago has a tough bench. Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas, Andres Nocioni, and Joakim Noah are all capable of coming into the game and making an impact. Once this Chicago team gets things together, they're going to be tough because they have a good starting 5 and one of the better benches in the league. Nocioni would be a starter on many teams, he is intense and passionate about the game of basketball. The Knicks also have a talented bench. Look for David Lee and Nate Robinson to come into the game and make a difference. Nate Robinson has been on a tear, lets look at some of his numbers over the last 7 games:

31mpg
18.4ppg
49.5fg%
49% 3pt
1.7to

Very impressive shooting percentages and keeping the turnovers done. Nate has really stepped up his play and the percentages dont lie, he is the best shooter on this team.

Now lets take a look at some interesting Ben Gordon stats. They show how he is much more productive off the bench then as a starter.

Ben Gordon
Starter
26 games, 35.7 minutes, 17.6 points, 3.7 rebounds, 33.6 3p%

Off the bench
6 games, 37.2 minutes, 28.2 points, 4.5 rebounds, 45.2 3P%

Im sorry but I think Im outta stats and that will do it for this show. Im Jazzy Jeff and I thank everyone for joining me, catch the Knicks and Bulls Tuesday night on MSG.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Over the last 5 years, the Knicks have sucked on the road. They will just have to pray that Kirk Hindrich, Ben Gordon, Andres Nocioni,Joe Smith,Chris Duhon,and Loul Deng don't knock down perimeter shots all day long. The Bulls will have SEVERAL,and I mean SEVERAL wide open shots and easy lanes for lay ups. I think the Knicks will win this one, because they Knicks are 1-13 on the road, and every dog has its day. But I don't expect the Knicks to play any better than they have most of this season this game, and I don't think they'll use this win to boost their confidence, if they beat the Bulls.:2cents:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Over the last 5 years, the Knicks have sucked on the road. They will just have to pray that Kirk Hindrich, Ben Gordon, Andres Nocioni,Joe Smith,Chris Duhon,and Loul Deng don't knock down perimeter shots all day long. The Bulls will have SEVERAL,and I mean SEVERAL wide open shots and easy lanes for lay ups. I think the Knicks will win this one, because they Knicks are 1-13 on the road, and every dog has its day. But I don't expect the Knicks to play any better than they have most of this season this game, and I don't think they'll use this win to boost their confidence, if they beat the Bulls.:2cents:

"This should be a close game. The Knicks are more comfortable at this point playing on the road then they are at home so we'll see what happens."

Im not sure if you are refering to this statement, it was actually kind of a joke because of how the home fans boo them all the time and this is actually a game thread from when the Knicks played the Bulls in Chicago earlier this season. I re-did it and suprisingly it took me longer then it usually does because I was inspired to look up all these stats so I can drop some knowledge on everyone. It took some time to figure out Nates averages over the past 7 games which are extremely impressive, and to look at how Marbury did last time he played against Chicago.

I also threw in some interesting Ben Gordon stats, it really suprised me how much better he does off the bench then as a starter. My job is to drop knowledge with my game threads, come with something creative that most other game threads dont have but I shouldve taken out the "this should be a close game" part, now everyone will think Im on crack. I better edit this and cut that part out.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I just fixed another problem, it said "look for Lee, Balkman, and Nate Robinson to come into the game and make an impact." I took Balkman out of there, that shmuch Isiah isnt playin him.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I wasn't referring to that statement. lol I just think the Knicks will have one their 2-5 wins per month tomorrow night. The Knicks are a rare win team, and I think it's that time of the month where they get a rare win. lol They haven't won at all this month, and I think the Knicks are bound to win at least 2 this month.

I wasn't referring to that statement. lol I just think the Knicks will have one their 2-5 wins per month tomorrow night. The Knicks are a rare win team, and I think it's that time of the month where they get a rare win. lol They haven't won at all this month, and I think the Knicks are bound to win at least 2 this month.
yeah word, the knicks are due-thats the only way we can predict wins nowadays.

mugili716

Benchwarmer
damn guys its getting so bad im hoping the knicks are off every day so they at least dont get another loss.. Is that bad or what? I live in SA n i was at the game the other night with all my knicks gear on, and its sad but i was totally satisfied with the loss.. i mean with them just being in the game made me so happy..

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
word i wasent so mad about the lost...we atleast did good...and its SAN ANTONIO! like c mon but still i get mad when we lost by like 20! which we have alot this season

mugili716

Benchwarmer
yeah man at least if the teams shows heart and that they want to win thats all we ask for.. but those games where u can tell they are done after the third quarter or something its like damn...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
You're from San Antonio? You should join their band wagon then,cause the Knicks are not making the playoffs any time soon. And when they finally do(which they most likely will within the next 10 years) they'll get swept for the 3rd straight time, just like they got swept by the Raptors 3-0 and the Nets 4 to 0.

mugili716

Benchwarmer
dude you know how hard it is to stay true to your team when the team in your backyard is racking up the trophies while my team is just gettin worse and worse..its crazy man.. but growing up in new york i just cant let go dont know what it is man.. but yea i feel ya.. spurs at full strength are gonna be tough to beat again this year.. im thinkin spurs over celts in 6

Pricey

Rotation player
ur lucky man, we dont get any Knicks games over here cause they suck. Always either Dallas, Boston, Miami or Phoenix.
My mate sent me a link on the net for the Houton game but it was buffering so much it was not worth it. 1st game i had seen all year as well.
I wish we got all NBA games over here :(

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
dude you know how hard it is to stay true to your team when the team in your backyard is racking up the trophies while my team is just gettin worse and worse..its crazy man.. but growing up in new york i just cant let go dont know what it is man.. but yea i feel ya.. spurs at full strength are gonna be tough to beat again this year.. im thinkin spurs over celts in 6

I give you credit for stayin true and we welcome you here to Knicksonline.com. If it comes down to the Spurs vs the Celtics Im rootin for the Spurs. They use to be the team that I hated the most but now its the Celtics, I dont think they'll even make it that far.

mugili716

Benchwarmer
I give you credit for stayin true and we welcome you here to Knicksonline.com. If it comes down to the Spurs vs the Celtics Im rootin for the Spurs. They use to be the team that I hated the most but now its the Celtics, I dont think they'll even make it that far.

who do you think can knock the celtics out right now? I think maybe Detroit but thats about it.. I'd rather watch celtics n spurs than detroit n spurs anyday..