New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls Game Thread 1/8/08

Who should be the starting power forward for the Knicks?

• Zach Randolph

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Malik Rose

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • David Lee

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

metrocard

Legend
YESSSSSSSSSSS

YESSSSSSSS

YESSSSSSSSSSS

STEPHON mothaFUCKING Marbury with the shotgon 3 on the Bulls...Marbury ends the Bullshits season, WHAT A SHOT!!!!!!!!

Marbury caught the ball off a fumble by Curry, and just BOMBED IT

StephonMarbury.jpg

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
MARBURY IS THE MAN. Isiah is gonna change his mind about phasing him out it, you have to play Marbury hes the best F*ckin player on the team.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
man, a lot of highlights in this game, that jamal move, that pass stephon gave to david to dunk it on two bulls players, that alley oop from david lee to curry to dunk it on thomas, CURRY BLOCKING THOMAS TWICE ON A DUNK ATTEMPT, and that touch pass from curry to stephon to seal it

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
man, a lot of highlights in this game, that jamal move, that pass stephon gave to david to dunk it on two bulls players, that alley oop from david lee to curry to dunk it on thomas, CURRY BLOCKING THOMAS TWICE ON A DUNK ATTEMPT, and that touch pass from curry to stephon to seal it

I dont think that was a touch pass, it looked like Curry lost it. He did have 1 assist in the game but I dont think that was it.

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
Curry gets his 4th block?, Marbury hits a 3!!!

LOOK WHO HIT THE GAME WINNING SHOT, STEPHON MARBURY. I HOPE THIS WILL BE A TURN AROUND FOR STEPH LIKE LAST YEAR COS HE NEEDS GAMES LIKE THIS ONE TO BE MOTIVATIONAL. ISIAH HAS TO REALIZE THAT JAMAL DON'T HAVE TO BE THE ONE TAKING THE FINAL SHOT AT THE END OF THE GAME. ONE NIGHT HE MIGHT BE THE ONE BUT DON'T CONSTANTLY DRAW ISOLATION FOR CRAWFORD EVERY GIVING NIGHT WHEN THE GAME IS ON THE LINE.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
I dont think that was a touch pass, it looked like Curry lost it. He did have 1 assist in the game but I dont think that was it.

nah it was a pass, at first i thought he just lost it, but after the replay u seee curry showing effort to pass it to marbury

jimkcchief88

All Star
My picks to click came through big time!!!! Huge games by Eddie Curry and Jamal. Now that's what a center plays like with 29 points and 8 boards. Look for Craw on the Sportscenter top ten plays for the "Medusa" on Capt. Kirk turning him to "stone." Nice icer by Steph and solid frontline play from Zack and Lee. Credit Isiah with going to the 3 guard line-up of Steph,Craw, and Nate. If those three can learn to share the ball that bodes well for the future. Great road win to build upon against our hated rivals!!!

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
Look Who Hit The Game Winning Shot, Stephon Marbury. I Hope This Is Another Turn Around Like Last Year In Which He Dominated Both On Offense And Defense. He Needs Games Like This To Be Motivational, He Is Going Through A Whole Late This Year. Isiah Needs To Realize That When The Game Is On Line, Crawford Is Not The One Who Needs The Ball In His Hands, Steph Needs The Ball To Create A Player For Either Himself Or His Team Mates. The Isolation Play That The Draws At The End Of The Game Don't Always Work And He Needs To Realize That. And By The Way Good Job Stephon On Ben Gordon And Kirk Hinrich With Ur Solid Defense. Stephon Is By Far The Best Defender On The Team On A Man To Man Defense.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
LOOK WHO HIT THE GAME WINNING SHOT, STEPHON MARBURY. I HOPE THIS WILL BE A TURN AROUND FOR STEPH LIKE LAST YEAR COS HE NEEDS GAMES LIKE THIS ONE TO BE MOTIVATIONAL. ISIAH HAS TO REALIZE THAT JAMAL DON'T HAVE TO BE THE ONE TAKING THE FINAL SHOT AT THE END OF THE GAME. ONE NIGHT HE MIGHT BE THE ONE BUT DON'T CONSTANTLY DRAW ISOLATION FOR CRAWFORD EVERY GIVING NIGHT WHEN THE GAME IS ON THE LINE.

stephon actually had the game winning assist to david lee to put them up two, dat was sick also, stephon iced it too though

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
STEPHON MARBURY!!!!
gracias! god man we needed this so bad...but im not satisfied we beat the bad bulls wit out loul deng...and Curry like 4 or 5 blocks? good 4 him...still gotta learn how 2 help out better dow

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Look Who Hit The Game Winning Shot, Stephon Marbury. I Hope This Is Another Turn Around Like Last Year In Which He Dominated Both On Offense And Defense. He Needs Games Like This To Be Motivational, He Is Going Through A Whole Late This Year. Isiah Needs To Realize That When The Game Is On Line, Crawford Is Not The One Who Needs The Ball In His Hands, Steph Needs The Ball To Create A Player For Either Himself Or His Team Mates. The Isolation Play That The Draws At The End Of The Game Don't Always Work And He Needs To Realize That. And By The Way Good Job Stephon On Ben Gordon And Kirk Hinrich With Ur Solid Defense. Stephon Is By Far The Best Defender On The Team On A Man To Man Defense.

He still isnt doin nearly what hes capable of on defense but hes still not doin bad. He'll pick it up soon I think, within the next week. Gordon and Hinrich didnt score as much towards the end of the game so the guards did their job when they had to but Hinrich played real good most of the game. I agree with you, the ball needs to be in his hands. He had 2 turnovers early in the game, I think in the 1st quarter and he didnt get anymore the rest of the game. Even Crawford only had 1 turnover and shot 10-21. Marbury finished with 18 points and 5 assists, Nate Robinson had 10 assists and 7 rebounds. Zach Randolph had a bad game but alot of players stepped up tonight and of course Marbury came up real big but I gotta give credit to Curry for his 4 blocks and 29 points.

Solid win by the Knicks tonite with Marbury leading the way. His offensive play was obviously clutch but the key to the win was the defense he played on Ben Gordon, who usually kills the Knicks. Even the few shots Gordon hit Marbury was draped all over him. Kudos to Nate for actually passing the ball. I hope this is the start of him evolving into more of a playmaker. Nice job by Curry as well who was spotted actually blocking shots and hitting free throws during this game.

Ultimately this win means nothing unless they follow it up with a win at home against the Rockets tomm night.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
These are the games that I envisioned the knicks having when the season started, but instead of Nate coming off the bench with the spark it was Collins.

This game was just like the games the Knicks were having the second half of last season. Steph showing why he is the best player on the team, Crawford doing his thing and Curry son'ing lil dudes who try to guard him This was the chemistry that was being built last year b4 Q Lee Craw and evntually Marbury got hurt. And because of that, I thought the Knicks would have an above .500 season. What went wrong... who the fuck knows. the lockdown defense they played in the 4th quarter should be the defense they play every fuckin quarter. The running they did should be the running they do every fucking game, feeding the ball down to Eddy when shorter less physical people are guarding him should be done at all times. Eddy getting 4 blocks, o at least challenging shots should be an every game thing. But its sad to say that shit just aint happening.

Everyone who hates on Marbury should see that he is the spak that leads this team and there is a reason he should be captain. I've been critical of him this year because he wasn't playing up to his potential(second half of the season last year) but the fact of the matter is, when Marbury plays great, the Knicks play good and can win. Just the way it is

knicklover

Benchwarmer
It was a good all around effort, but the one thing that noone noticed was Zach's play. That's right Zach. The reason the chemistry was better was that Zach wasn't dominating the ball. WE don't need Zach to score 20. We need Zach to get 10-12 rebounds, play some defense, and score when Curry is out or when he just happnes to have a great look.

This team plays better when Robinson is on the court and he's having a good shooting night because that's what we need - OUTSIDE SHOOTING. It's a shame he isn't a little more consistent, though he has been better lately. I wonder if he was hurting for longer than we think. I like the team when there are 3 guards on the court.

That was Curry's 3rd very good game out of 4. 29 - 8 - 4. This was one of his best efforts. His game clearly goes up a lot when Zach takes a minor role.

Marbury played some very good ball tonight.

Finally a decent win.

Last edited: