Daily News:Isiah phasing out Marbury

metrocard

Legend
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ephon_marburys_point_of_no_return.html?page=1

"Whatever you think about Stephon, you can't tell me that the Knicks have a better chance of winning with Mardy Collins," said one NBA coach. "That never made any sense."

The fallout from Thomas' peculiar decision still resonates. The Knicks are 6-21 since the infamous plane ride.

Marbury came into the season saying he was a changed man after finding God. He has even tried to make peace with members of the media. But the scars from the Phoenix trip still linger.

"For a while, no one would talk to Steph when he came into the locker room," said one Knick. "He was being very quiet."

The phasing-out process already has started. Thomas is giving Crawford and Nate Robinson more time at point guard and using Marbury off the ball, which doesn't play to his strengths. Marbury, though, isn't complaining. With a contract that runs through next season, a beaten-down Marbury seems resigned to the fact that his career with the Knicks will end badly.

"Isiah gives Jamal the green light," said one Rockets player. "He's Isiah's pet. Steph doesn't have that freedom. Maybe he once had it. But not anymore."

Wow, do I play for the Houston Rockets now? That sounds like a metrocardish quote. Man, everything is blowing up on Isiah, you guy NBA players shitting on his weak methods, the media hates him to the point they're taking Marbury side. Amazing.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
Crawford is Isiahs bitch!
How can we phase out the only proven player we have! give nate all the time he wants at point guard but make marbury our SG!
The whole NBA is laughing at Isiah Thomas.....

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't know about Jamal being Isiah's pet. I still think he likes the no defense, 6-11 Curry the most. But it is strange how Jamal Crawford has never been the lead scorer for the Knicks until this season,and he was also named captain of the team. I hope this isn't true, because Jamal Crawford makes a terrible leader. Most of the time he plays, he blends in with everyone else, and you can't tell who's the leader(similar to Al Harrington when he played for Atlanta).Also, Jamal is as inconsistent as John Starks, but with less accuracy on his 3 pointers,way less defense,and with less heart. I pray Isiah keeps Marbury the leader of the team,or at least David Lee or Nate Robinson, but with his stupidity, you never know.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Rockets player = Francis
Personally, I feel bad for Steve Francis.He was a 3x all star, rookie of the year,and had 3 20+ ppg averages for his career. His decline is even worse than Anfernee Hardaway's. At least Hardaway made the finals before completely collapsing. Francis can hugely blame himself for his decline, however. He never has made a comitment to any organization he's worked for(Vancouver Grizzlies, Rockets, Magic, Knicks) and it came back to haunt him. He had some bad Karma, but I hope he can make it passed the 1st round of the playoffs eventually.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Francis was one of my favorite players, he was a highlight waiting to happen until injuries took a toll on him. He can still get above the rim and some proof will come soon in the youtube thread.

Isiah needs to die, I dont mind Nate robinson gettin more minutes but why is he on Crawfords nuts?

Nate has been runnin shit the past 7 games, for those of you who havent read my game thread yet:

Nate Robinson last 7 games:
31mpg
18.4ppg
49.5fg%
49% 3pt
1.7to

I have no problem seein him get more minutes. Crawford needs to be phased out. I hate Isiah and its hard to believe that I once liked him and supported him. Sometimes I forget this because I hate him alot at this point.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
" "Always miserable," Kurt Thomas once said of Marbury, who came to New York as surly as advertised. "

"Marbury abruptly left the team in Phoenix and returned home after being informed he was being replaced by Mardy Collins in the starting lineup.

Marbury and Thomas began yelling at each other on the team plane and Marbury later told teammates he would reveal potentially damaging information on Thomas if the coach followed through with his plans
."

"Scars from the Phoenix trip still linger.

"For a while, no one would talk to Steph when he came into the locker room," said one Knick. "He was being very quiet
."

- Fire Isiah
- Trade everyone possible (except Lee, Balkman and Nate) for expiring contracts and draft picks
- Buyout Marbury

This is the only way.

GetRealistic

Starter
LOL... that game actually put us into the 8th seed. For a day atleast. Who cares about Cancer "Starbury" being phased out. Its clear he could care less about winning, care less about his teammates, and lastly care less about the fans. He quit on the team, ran players out of town (Van Horn, Kurt Thomas and many others in his past stops), and first and foremost he's not as good as he used to be. And please don't make the arguement that hes the best player on the team, because being the best crappy player of the bunch is meaningless.

Lastly lets face it, we're not going to be good anytime soon. So why not play the young guys who have to improve in order for us to improve.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
LOL... that game actually put us into the 8th seed. For a day atleast. Who cares about Cancer "Starbury" being phased out. Its clear he could care less about winning, care less about his teammates, and lastly care less about the fans. He quit on the team, ran players out of town (Van Horn, Kurt Thomas and many others in his past stops), and first and foremost he's not as good as he used to be. And please don't make the arguement that hes the best player on the team, because being the best crappy player of the bunch is meaningless.

Lastly lets face it, we're not going to be good anytime soon. So why not play the young guys who have to improve in order for us to improve.

Here are some impressive games from last year:

Dec. 27, 2006 vs Detroit
Marbury-41pts, 8asts
Billups-17pts(3-13)

Jan 5, 2007 vs Seattle
Marbury-28pts(9-17)
Ray Allen-11pts(3-10)

Jan 12
Marbury-28pts

Marbury continued to play well for the rest of January and February. In March, he once again became Starbury

March 2 - 34pts
March 3 - 38pts
March 6 - 40pts
March 14 - 31pts
March 26 - 32pts
March 30 - 43pts
April 4 - 30pts

REal good for a player who doesnt care about winning. I agree the young guys deserve more minutes, I actually want Nate to take some of Marburys minutes but you cant say that hes past his prime yet. It is clear to me that you dont watch Marbury. Your also an asshole for saying that he doesnt care about the fans, no thats Isiah Thomas that dont care about fans. Look at the money Marbury donated after Hurricane Katrina, look at the money hes donated over the past year. Whats this guy gotta do to change his rep? He hasnt had a fair chance yet this year and he might not get it. I dont care at this point if he gets traded, this organization if F*cked up. But I do wanna see him get his credit, you gotta give credit where its due and I will not stop defendin him so everytime you post somethin criticizing him just know that Im gonna be here to defend him.

GetRealistic

Starter
God can you please not refer to him as Starbury. He's not star, Stars lead there teams, stars win playoff series. The Knicks have no stars. As sad as i sounds its tough to find a mediocre player on this team.

Donating part of his millions to charity doesn't mean he cares about the fans. Caring about the fans would mean showing up every night. And if you honestly say he plays hard every night, your crazy.

Isiah is the definition of a douchebag but do you really think he intentionally wants to lose. And Crawford is probably the worst PG in the league but atleast he hasn't alienated all of his teammates. The PG is position of leadership and hes simply not a leader.

But be my guess and continue to support him

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
God can you please not refer to him as Starbury. He's not star, Stars lead there teams, stars win playoff series. The Knicks have no stars. As sad as i sounds its tough to find a mediocre player on this team.

Donating part of his millions to charity doesn't mean he cares about the fans. Caring about the fans would mean showing up every night. And if you honestly say he plays hard every night, your crazy.

Isiah is the definition of a douchebag but do you really think he intentionally wants to lose. And Crawford is probably the worst PG in the league but atleast he hasn't alienated all of his teammates. The PG is position of leadership and hes simply not a leader.

But be my guess and continue to support him

He might not be a star but hes an above average player. Tell me what point guard could lead this team to the playoffs? I think theres only one point guard in the hole league that might be able to carry this team to the playoffs. Chris Paul has the passing, the offense, the defense, and the leadership. Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, and Tony Parker couldnt bring this team to the playoffs.

And yes marbury does care about the fans. We will never know the full story of what happened on that plane, howcome no one ever talks about how punches might have been thrown? But they still bring up the fact that Marbury threatened to blackmail Isiah. It is stupid to make a judgement on any of this without proven facts. It is, however, a proven fact that Marbury did leave the team and this I cannot defend. All I can say is.....what about Crawford? Statistics show that Crawford was shooting worse then Marbury, averaging more turnovers, and playing less defense. Why did he get to continue to start and not Marbury? I would not have walked out on the team, that is wrong but I would have been pissed and you cant blame him for gettin pissed off.

I know your a crawfordsexual anyways so Im probably wasting my time right now. Your not gonna convince me without facts, your opinion means nothing to me.

reckoning

Benchwarmer
i wish someone would blackmail isiah. maybe then he'd go away.

i'm not saying that steph is the savior of the knicks or even starbury anymore, but he and nate are the best pg's we have on this team. say what you want about him, but steph can move the ball. maybe he's not a leader in the locker room, but he is on the floor. or at least he's the best we've got. i also think the guy gets more shit than he deserves. sure, he pulled a dick move in phoenix, but who knows what might have precipitated it. he's done a lot of good things for a lot of underpriviliged kids. i think that says more about him as a person than anything else.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
i wish someone would blackmail isiah. maybe then he'd go away.

i'm not saying that steph is the savior of the knicks or even starbury anymore, but he and nate are the best pg's we have on this team. say what you want about him, but steph can move the ball. maybe he's not a leader in the locker room, but he is on the floor. or at least he's the best we've got. i also think the guy gets more shit than he deserves. sure, he pulled a dick move in phoenix, but who knows what might have precipitated it. he's done a lot of good things for a lot of underpriviliged kids. i think that says more about him as a person than anything else.

Great Post Reckoning, you spoke more truth in that paragraph then GetRealistic ever has in his life.

mugili716

Benchwarmer
I gotta agree with that, I love Jamal, but with all his nagging injuries we need him to not get so many mins. Lets start Nate and Marbury, and bring in ZBO, Jamal and Balkman off the bench.. I think that would be something that would help.. we'd get hustle and scoring off the bench, and not worry about ZBO and Curry crying about shots

George M.

Benchwarmer
He might not be a star but hes an above average player. Tell me what point guard could lead this team to the playoffs? I think theres only one point guard in the hole league that might be able to carry this team to the playoffs. Chris Paul has the passing, the offense, the defense, and the leadership. Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, and Tony Parker couldnt bring this team to the playoffs.

And yes marbury does care about the fans. We will never know the full story of what happened on that plane, howcome no one ever talks about how punches might have been thrown? But they still bring up the fact that Marbury threatened to blackmail Isiah. It is stupid to make a judgement on any of this without proven facts. It is, however, a proven fact that Marbury did leave the team and this I cannot defend. All I can say is.....what about Crawford? Statistics show that Crawford was shooting worse then Marbury, averaging more turnovers, and playing less defense. Why did he get to continue to start and not Marbury? I would not have walked out on the team, that is wrong but I would have been pissed and you cant blame him for gettin pissed off.

I know your a crawfordsexual anyways so Im probably wasting my time right now. Your not gonna convince me without facts, your opinion means nothing to me.
Dude,OMFG!!!!! I read today the super inconsistent Jamal Crawful has a green light to shoot but not Marbury.WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! One Rocket claims Jamal is Isiah's pet!! Isiah needs to go.Period.Do not pass go.Do not collect $200.Finished ,end of story!!! If he can be that dumb he must go now!!!!!!!!!

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
wow yo i still cant believe how bad Francis pwnt jamal...wow yo...i mean he did change his number because of Isiah and shyt and wow...i would be like mad if i was jamal yo lolz