Thread: 2008 draft?

Hybrid View

Default 2008 draft?

not sure, but do the knicks have their 1st round draft pick this year or has it been wasted away to phoenix or chicago like every other high draft pick the knicks have had in the past 5 years

We have our pick. It is top 23 protected. If it is the 24th or above than Utah gets it. I don't think we have to worry about that. The Knicks will be in the lottery for sure.

I still think Miami will make a trade to improve. So, if things continue and Miami improves, we should get the 2nd pick in the draft. The Timberwolves will get the first (will probably take Beasley) and the Knicks will take Derrick Rose. This is what I'm hoping for anyway. A shame. Not even half way through the season yet, and I'm already looking forward to the draft.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    We have our pick. It is top 23 protected. If it is the 24th or above than Utah gets it. I don't think we have to worry about that. The Knicks will be in the lottery for sure.

I still think Miami will make a trade to improve. So, if things continue and Miami improves, we should get the 2nd pick in the draft. The Timberwolves will get the first (will probably take Beasley) and the Knicks will take Derrick Rose. This is what I'm hoping for anyway. A shame. Not even half way through the season yet, and I'm already looking forward to the draft.
    got a question my dude ... umm if the knicks get say 25th pick in th 08 draft then utah gets it and if the knicks get say the 7th pick in the draft that means we keep it?

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Yeah. But knowing the luck of the Knicks we might have the best chance at the 1st round pick 25%... and probably will fall to 4th pick overall in the lottery (I love watching that). That would suck the Knicks would pull of a Memphis, and Boston there. lol.

Originally Posted by GTKnicksFAN
    got a question my dude ... umm if the knicks get say 25th pick in th 08 draft then utah gets it and if the knicks get say the 7th pick in the draft that means we keep it?
    Yep. If the Knicks get 24 or higher, the Jazz get it. If the Knicks get 23 or lower, the Knicks keep it.

I know most of you hate Isiah...I could careless about the guy now since he's not showing any fire which would be the only evidence to show that he cares. But what is it out there that we could possibly trade for? He knows we might possibly get Artest in the off-season and Hibbert is the C in the college level. The only way I see it is to trade down to get Hibbert...lord knows we don't need another guard or forward...

How many picks would we get in the draft in total???
    If we got a real low pick i would love Patrick Mills to become a Knick.
    Will be the best Australian to play in the NBA, way better then Bogut.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by GM_in_2020
    not sure, but do the knicks have their 1st round draft pick this year or has it been wasted away to phoenix or chicago like every other high draft pick the knicks have had in the past 5 years
    The Knicks still have their first round pick. The odds of the Knicks even finishing in 10th place in the Eastern Conference is low, so don't worry about that. Worry about another one of Isiah's stupid trades he has in store for us in February. lol

True and worry about him giving up that draft pick. History shows that hes willing to foolishly give away draft picks for one dimensional players. I hope hes fired by the time of the draft, obviously the sooner the better but Im afraid that hes gonna mess up in the draft and pick another Channing Frye instead of an Andrew Bynum.

KnicksonLIN.com

Isiah Might as well finish burying us and swap draft picks with he Celtics. lol!

The NBA should fix the lottery like they did in 85 when we got Ewing. The league needs us to get better. One plus is i think we can get a nice player anywere in the top 3.

Rose is good
    Mayo is NBA ready
    Beasley is just a straight up beast

Originally Posted by abcd
    Isiah Might as well finish burying us and swap draft picks with he Celtics. lol!
    lol dont give him any ideas, I could see him doin this.

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    The NBA should fix the lottery like they did in 85 when we got Ewing. The league needs us to get better. One plus is i think we can get a nice player anywere in the top 3.

Rose is good
    Mayo is NBA ready
    Beasley is just a straight up beast
    I never heard anything about that draft being fixed but they should fix this draft, the Knicks have been pathetic for a long time and I think the leagues ratings would go up if the Knicks were a better team.