Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Start Nate

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • The Bench for David Lee and Nate

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

CoolClyde

START THE KNICKS ACCORDING TO THEIR PLAYER EFFICIENCY RATING

John Hollinger's Player Efficiency Rating, (PER) is a player's per-minute productivity, created using formulas that return a value for each NBA player's accomplishments; positive ones, such as field goals, free throws, 3-pointers, assists, rebounds, blocks and steals, and negative ones, such as missed shots, turnovers and personal fouls.

According to these stats, The Knicks starting lineup should be:

CURRY (C)
RANDOLPH (F)
LEE (F)
NATE (G)
MARBURY (G)

Is this really an unheard of concept?

That's right, start David Lee and Nate! The Knicks need fresh blood and a swift NYC kick in the ass. What else can go wrong this year? Starting Jefferies and QRich has provided little offense, and their defense is nothing to write home about. Nate has proven he can defend, score at will, and is one Knicks' best 3-point shooters. Better than Q. David Lee has been consistent, and better than Jefferies all year. Why does Jefferies start? He is dead weight, he needs to keep that bench warm!

Let David Lee and Nate start 10 games in a row, what else can possibly go wrong this year? The current Zeke combos have proven to NOT WORK! EIGHT AND TWENTY FOUR!

If Jamal doesn't score, the Knicks don't win. Let him be the 6th man who can catch fire. Once Starbury regains his confidence, he can be the spark that guides us, and Nate can be our savior (30 points a game is in the future). David Lee will be a 20/10 man with starting minutes.
Curry and Randolph need to play more together and work it out, study defense without turning the ball over, pass first and shoot second.

Isiah doesn't know what he's doing. He can't be president and coach, I blame James Dolan for making Isiah coach in the first place, and I blame Charles Dolan for letting his kid run the club like a circus. Screw those guys! New York is for winners! Like Nate and David Lee!

GIVE NATE A CHANCE
GIVE DAVID LEE A CHANCE

I've said it before and I'll say in again.
I know these type of stats don't mean shite, but something's gotta change brothers!

GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
CoolClyde

HOLLINGER PLAYER PROFILES (PER) FOR THE KNICIS

David Lee 2007-08 Current PER: 17.94
League Average Comparison: +2.94
Projected PER: 19.12
2006-07 PER: 20.31

Stephon Marbury 2007-08 Current PER: 14.67
League Average Comparison: -0.33
Projected PER: 14.61
2006-07 PER: 15.36

Zach Randolph 2007-08 Current PER: 17.51
League Average Comparison: +2.51
Projected PER: 20.83
2006-07 PER: 22.81

Eddy Curry 2007-08 Current PER: 16.03
League Average Comparison: +1.03
Projected PER: 16.9
2006-07 PER: 17.07

Nate Robinson 2007-08 Current PER: 15.98
League Average Comparison: +0.98
Projected PER: 16.59
2006-07 PER: 15.28

Jamal Crawford 2007-08 Current PER: 14.49
League Average Comparison: -0.51
Projected PER: 14.35
2006-07 PER: 14.6

Fred Jones 2007-08 Current PER: 10.65
League Average Comparison: -4.35
Projected PER: 10.46
2006-07 PER: 10.05

Renaldo Balkman 2007-08 Current PER: 9.27
League Average Comparison: -5.73
Projected PER: 16.13
2006-07 PER: 16.09

Quentin Richardson 2007-08 Current PER: 6.8
League Average Comparison: -8.2
Projected PER: 12.56
2006-07 PER: 14.3

Jared Jeffries 2007-08 Current PER: 6.65
League Average Comparison: -8.35
Projected PER: 9.62
2006-07 PER: 8.65

Mardy Collins 2007-08 Current PER: 1.64
League Average Comparison: -13.36
Projected PER: 10.27
2006-07 PER: 9.09

Malik Rose 2007-08 Current PER: -0.95
League Average Comparison: -15.95
Projected PER: 7.23
2006-07 PER: 7.76

Pricey

Rotation player
that would be who i would start but Lee at SF is interesting.
Not sure how Curry, Randolph and Lee could play at the same time.

I'm a fan of both players, especially li'l Nate but neither should be starting. One could make more of a case for D. Lee (he showed me somehing the way he guarded yao the other night) then for Nate but ultimately the guy who should be starting is Balkman.

BleedOrangeAndBlue

Benchwarmer
I'm a fan of both players, especially li'l Nate but neither should be starting. One could make more of a case for D. Lee (he showed me somehing the way he guarded yao the other night) then for Nate but ultimately the guy who should be starting is Balkman.

I AGREE WITH THE STARTING BALKMAN PART BECAUSE Q-RICH AND JEFFRIES AINT SHIIT BUT I ALSO THINK THAT NATE SHOULD START.THE STARTING LINEUP SHOULD BE

PG-STEPH
SG-NATE
SF-BALKMAN
PF-RANDOLPH OR ROSE (U PICK)
C-CURRY

THE REASON I HAVE NATE AT THE 2 IS BECAUSE HE IS A BETTER OFF BALL PLAYER THAN STEPH.
I DONT SEE THIS STARTING LINE-UP GETTING BLOWNED OUT BY 20 AND LEE & CRAWFORD WHAT BE A SWEET COMBO OFF THE BENCH.I WOULD ALSO GIVE MARDY COLLINS SOME MORE TIME SO HE CAN REGAIN HIS CONFIDENCE, LAST YEAR HE SHOWED SOME GOOD SIGNS.

Toons

is the Bo$$
lee randolph and curry will never work in the front court.....never ever in life....nate at the 2??? no no no, he already has a disadvantage when i saw jose calderon posting and fading on him....u cant teach height...that line up will give the opposition carreer numbers both individually and a sa team.....
fred jones
jamal crawford
balkman
lee
curry

My Five:

PG-Nate-offence(outside threat)
SG-Collins-defence
SF-Chandler-most complete SF offencivly and defencivly
PF-Lee-need this guy on the court .
C-Curry-Post offence(no other reason!)

I've got Curry in the post schooling leage Center's and kicking it out to Chandler and Nate to hit the open jumpers(if he learns how to pass out of the double teams) and then I've got Lee in for chemistry and boards,Chandler in for floor balance,Collins in for defence,ball handling and passing and finaly Nate the great for outside shooting and fear-less-ness when takeing it to the hole where Eddy and Lee can clean up the offencive glass when Nate gets a big to help out the guard looking for his jock-strap! He (Nate) just needs to do more passing like he was doing this summer when he took the honars of Summer Leage MVP and then he will finaly become the true PG we so despritly need.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
START THE KNICKS ACCORDING TO THEIR PLAYER EFFICIENCY RATING

John Hollinger's Player Efficiency Rating, (PER) is a player's per-minute productivity, created using formulas that return a value for each NBA player's accomplishments; positive ones, such as field goals, free throws, 3-pointers, assists, rebounds, blocks and steals, and negative ones, such as missed shots, turnovers and personal fouls.

According to these stats, The Knicks starting lineup should be:

CURRY (C)
RANDOLPH (F)
LEE (F)
NATE (G)
MARBURY (G)

Is this really an unheard of concept?

That's right, start David Lee and Nate! The Knicks need fresh blood and a swift NYC kick in the ass. What else can go wrong this year? Starting Jefferies and QRich has provided little offense, and their defense is nothing to write home about. Nate has proven he can defend, score at will, and is one Knicks' best 3-point shooters. Better than Q. David Lee has been consistent, and better than Jefferies all year. Why does Jefferies start? He is dead weight, he needs to keep that bench warm!

Let David Lee and Nate start 10 games in a row, what else can possibly go wrong this year? The current Zeke combos have proven to NOT WORK! EIGHT AND TWENTY FOUR!

If Jamal doesn't score, the Knicks don't win. Let him be the 6th man who can catch fire. Once Starbury regains his confidence, he can be the spark that guides us, and Nate can be our savior (30 points a game is in the future). David Lee will be a 20/10 man with starting minutes.
Curry and Randolph need to play more together and work it out, study defense without turning the ball over, pass first and shoot second.

Isiah doesn't know what he's doing. He can't be president and coach, I blame James Dolan for making Isiah coach in the first place, and I blame Charles Dolan for letting his kid run the club like a circus. Screw those guys! New York is for winners! Like Nate and David Lee!

GIVE NATE A CHANCE
GIVE DAVID LEE A CHANCE

I've said it before and I'll say in again.
I know these type of stats don't mean shite, but something's gotta change brothers!

GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
CoolClyde

HOLLINGER PLAYER PROFILES (PER) FOR THE KNICIS

David Lee 2007-08 Current PER: 17.94
League Average Comparison: +2.94
Projected PER: 19.12
2006-07 PER: 20.31

Stephon Marbury 2007-08 Current PER: 14.67
League Average Comparison: -0.33
Projected PER: 14.61
2006-07 PER: 15.36

Zach Randolph 2007-08 Current PER: 17.51
League Average Comparison: +2.51
Projected PER: 20.83
2006-07 PER: 22.81

Eddy Curry 2007-08 Current PER: 16.03
League Average Comparison: +1.03
Projected PER: 16.9
2006-07 PER: 17.07

Nate Robinson 2007-08 Current PER: 15.98
League Average Comparison: +0.98
Projected PER: 16.59
2006-07 PER: 15.28

Jamal Crawford 2007-08 Current PER: 14.49
League Average Comparison: -0.51
Projected PER: 14.35
2006-07 PER: 14.6

Fred Jones 2007-08 Current PER: 10.65
League Average Comparison: -4.35
Projected PER: 10.46
2006-07 PER: 10.05

Renaldo Balkman 2007-08 Current PER: 9.27
League Average Comparison: -5.73
Projected PER: 16.13
2006-07 PER: 16.09

Quentin Richardson 2007-08 Current PER: 6.8
League Average Comparison: -8.2
Projected PER: 12.56
2006-07 PER: 14.3

Jared Jeffries 2007-08 Current PER: 6.65
League Average Comparison: -8.35
Projected PER: 9.62
2006-07 PER: 8.65

Mardy Collins 2007-08 Current PER: 1.64
League Average Comparison: -13.36
Projected PER: 10.27
2006-07 PER: 9.09

Malik Rose 2007-08 Current PER: -0.95
League Average Comparison: -15.95
Projected PER: 7.23
2006-07 PER: 7.76

I like the lineup but where would the energy come from off the bench? Balkman can't be the only one...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
whos in my starting 5?

Nate
Marbury
Balkman
Lee
Randolph

Where does the energy off the bench come from?

I cant answer this question. Marbury would have to prove he can still guard shooting guards like he did last year, I think he can but alot of people on here would disagree.

clumsy

Rotation player
Jamal brings that energy. Wasn't he basically a sixth man at the beginning of the year last year....when we tried the whole Steve Francis Marbury combo. I believe jamal was great as the catalyst for the second team if i remember correctly. Him balkman lee and nate

BleedOrangeAndBlue

Benchwarmer
lee randolph and curry will never work in the front court.....never ever in life....nate at the 2??? no no no, he already has a disadvantage when i saw jose calderon posting and fading on him....u cant teach height...that line up will give the opposition carreer numbers both individually and a sa team.....
fred jones
jamal crawford
balkman
lee
curry

With this starting line up all the defense will have to do is pack it in on curry. None of the other four guys on the court is good scorers except for jamal and none of them is consistant from three. thats why i said marbury at the one and nate at the two so curry can have some one to kick it out to. Even though nate is at the 2 he can guard the point on defense and marbury could guard the 2

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
If this question was asked to me at the beginning of the year, where the Knicks were 2-1, I would've said hell no. But this isn't the beginning of the season, and since that start, the knicks have fallen to a grim 8-24 record. I would start both nate and lee, cause they've played hard all year, unlike Curry(who has no d and is in terrible shape), Crawford(who has no d and no consistency), and Richardson(who can't shoot and is in terrible shape).
My lineup would be: PG:Marbury SG:Nate SF:Chandler PF:Randolph C:Lee
Note: I'd much rather start a good defensive player at Center, but we don't have one.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Jamal brings that energy. Wasn't he basically a sixth man at the beginning of the year last year....when we tried the whole Steve Francis Marbury combo. I believe jamal was great as the catalyst for the second team if i remember correctly. Him balkman lee and nate

You have a good point there....have JC, Balkman, and/or Jeffries, Chandler, Q-Rich (whichever the situation permits) come off the bench...I don't have a problem with this lineup at all. Lee does slow us down at the SF, and his defense at that position is TERRIBLE (Lee lovers don't give me too hard of a time now lol). Whatever gives us more Ws though...

mugili716

Benchwarmer
i would prolly go with:

Marbury
Nate
Collins
Lee
Curry

If we start these guys we got a badass bench

Crawford
Balkman
Jones
Randolph

And that should be it a 9 man rotation allowing the guys who are playing minutes to get settled in and not have to be shuffled in and out of the game consistently. This really messed up the flow of the game.

And why is everyone on Chandler's nuts, i understand we want to give him a chance but come on starting lineup? are you serious? If injuries or foul problems permit throw him in there but thats it.

Kiyaman

Legend
Isiah Thomas cant coach and his coaching staff is not giving him the flow of the WINNING Coaches in the league philosophy this season.

The majority of all the WINNING Teams in the league are using a 2-UNIT chemistry team with 9 to 11 players in their rotation early in the season to keep from injuries. These teams are taking advantage of the three or four bench players that play well together so they are playing them together.

Lakers Coach Phil Jax are doing something Strong with the combination bench players of "C-Kwame, PG-Famer, and SF-Ariza" the chemistry is flowing between the 3 players in the last 4 games.

Isiah Thomas is still trying to find bench players that could co-exist with his non-chemistry Starting-5 lineup that dont play defense. That's not coaching, that is wasting time trying to figure out how to get the colors on the square reubic-cube.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Part of me wants to see Nate, Balkman, and Lee come off the bench but we need Lee in the starting lineup. For whatever reason Isiah prefers to play malik Rose and Jared Jeffries while Balkman sits on the bench collecting dust.

George M.

Benchwarmer
Part of me wants to see Nate, Balkman, and Lee come off the bench but we need Lee in the starting lineup. For whatever reason Isiah prefers to play malik Rose and Jared Jeffries while Balkman sits on the bench collecting dust.
I think Isiah is trying to showcase those bums so that teams will hopefully bite on Rose's contract which becomes an expiring contract in the off season.To me that can be the only reason Balkman and Chandler aren't getting any burn.

paris401

Starter
I think Isiah is trying to showcase those bums so that teams will hopefully bite on Rose's contract which becomes an expiring contract in the off season.To me that can be the only reason Balkman and Chandler aren't getting any burn.

rose has value in feb 09...till then he is ours... jefferies is so bad, i doubt he will even have trade value in feb... whatever fuk-in year his contract expires..