Available players

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Here are a list of possible players that are allegedly on the trading block.

Charlie Villanueva
Bobby Simmons
Charlie Bell
Dan Gadzuric
Jason Kidd
Andre Miller
Pau Gasol & Mike Miller
Lamar Odom
Larry Hughes
Mike Bibby
Amare Stoudemire and Shawn Marion
Josh Smith,
Luol Deng, Andres Nocioni and Ben Wallace
Kenyon Martin and Nene,
Tracy McGrady
Chris Wilcox
Luke Ridnour
Ricky Davis and Jason Williams

Here's the source http://my.journaltimes.com/post/woe...nba_teams_ready_to_play_lets_make_a_deal.html

If Isiah doesn't make a move, I don't know what to tell you. Some of these players aren't on our radar but we can take our pick of conservative moves.

metrocard

Legend

Charlie Villanueva

Bobby Simmons
Charlie Bell
Dan Gadzuric
Jason Kidd
Andre Miller
Pau Gasol & Mike Miller
Lamar Odom
Larry Hughes
Mike Bibby
Josh Smith,
Kenyon Martin and Nene,
Tracy McGrady
Chris Wilcox
Luke Ridnour

If Isiah doesn't make a move, I don't know what to tell you. Some of these players aren't on our radar but we can take our pick of conservative moves.

Really? Marion and Amare?

I bolded players I feel like we should purpose to get if we're going to ignore the cap.

But I'm still sticking to my viewpoint that we should try to get under the cap before anything.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
smith, marion and amare as our front court? Thats sounds good to me!
i gotta agree though with getting back under the cap

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
All of these players, except a few of them, would be a good fit for the Knicks. The trades I think the Knicks have the best chance at making, without destroying their salary cap more than it already is,or giving up draft picks are: David Lee and Balkman for Josh Smith;Nate Robinson or David Lee, Jamal Crawford, and Eddy Curry for Pau Gasol and Damon Stoudamire(this one wouldn't be as hard as people think cause there's rumors Gasol wants out of Memphis,David Lee or Nate makes little money for big production,and Crawford is better than Stoudamire, at this point in their careers),and Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries for Shawn Marion(I would've never mentioned this one, but I've heard media from the Suns say they like Curry, plus, the Suns lineup wouldn't look bad with: PG Nash SG Bell SF Hill PF Stoudamire C Curry).
Out of these 3 trades, I think the best one would be Nate Robinson or David Lee,Jamal Crawford, and Eddy Curry for Pau Gasol and Damon Stoudamire. I think this one would give the Knicks the biggest Improvement, and I think this trade could work out.I'm not 100% sure, but they definitely have a better chance then the Bulls, who tried to trade Ben Gordon and a 2nd round pick for Gasol.

Last edited:
We should trade for any and all of the available guy's on this list that has an expireing contract! Oh yeah and try and get A.Stodomire and B.Wallace or S.Wilcox and B.Wallace and then maby get J.Kidd or A.Miller or even J.Williams expiring contract? T-Mac's contract is about to run out as well I think? Just hope Isiah does something without giving up Lee or Nate while making us a better "TEAM"! and not a collection of talented players on one roster and all the while getting us closer to cap freeeeedommmmm!!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Im a big Josh Smith fan and Im suprised to see hes available. I have a hard time believen that Smith and Amare are both available.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Me, too. Josh Smith makes pennies, and he averages 3 blocks and 17 points, and Amare Stoudamire is a good scorer,rebounder,and defender.

nyk_nyk

All Star

Charlie Villanueva
Bobby Simmons
Charlie Bell
Dan Gadzuric
Jason Kidd
Andre Miller
Pau Gasol & Mike Miller
Lamar Odom
Larry Hughes
Mike Bibby
Josh Smith,
Kenyon Martin and Nene,
Tracy McGrady
Chris Wilcox
Luke Ridnour

Here's the source http://my.journaltimes.com/post/woe...nba_teams_ready_to_play_lets_make_a_deal.html

Stoudamire and Odom are not on the trading block. All the guards on that list would be ok with me. Ricky Davis and Hughes would have to come off the bench though. The 2 guys I think would make the most difference is Kidd and Wallace.

paris401

Starter
gasol,amare,etc ain't coming to new york... it takes two to tango, and isiah has two left feet...

now if he wants nene or k-mart, or a host of the other shit on the above list... they are available to him

to get quality , you need quality... and that is a commodity that we are lacking..

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
gasol,amare,etc ain't coming to new york... it takes two to tango, and isiah has two left feet...

now if he wants nene or k-mart, or a host of the other shit on the above list... they are available to him

to get quality , you need quality... and that is a commodity that we are lacking..
I think the Knicks could get the Gasol trade, cause Crawford has proven he could score and Lee or Robinson provide good energy for little money,but I am with you. Isiah does have two left feet. He will probably trade for another overpaid, injury prone scrub, like Kenyon Martin(who the New Jersey Nets always pretend they miss),Larry Hughes(who is overrated for his defense that he rarely gets to use cause he only plays 10 games a year),Lamar Odom(who isn't used to winning and makes a bad leader for a team),Nene(who only is talked about for changing his name and not his actual skills),or
Ricky Davis(who is inconsistent and plays with no defense).

Josh Smith is among the most overrated NBA players and the last kind of player the Knicks need. In a way he's fit right in with the team because he's immature and has no clue how to play the game (puts up bad shot after bad shot). Furthermore his contract is up at the end of the year and he wants big money.

The only players on that list that the Knicks could possibly get, that are worth getting are Odom (all around player that makes players around him better), Gasol (blocks shots), Miller (outside shooting and ball movement) and Bibby (underrated clutch player).

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Gasol can't save the Knicks. He will only add to our problems. If anything Thomas should make a move for Ben Wallace,Tracy McGrady and Ron Artest, who I forgot to put on this list. Gosol is a great scorer but not much defensively (See Zach Randolph).

Curry/Rose for B.Wallace
Randolph/Jones for T.McGrady
Crawford/Balkman for Artest

PG-Mabury
SG-McGrady
SF-Artest
PF-Lee
C-Wallace

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't think Gasol will save our team. But if we could get rid of Curry somehow, it will help us rebuild. And who said Gasol can't play defense? Playing defense doesn't mean you average 12 blocks per game. Defense means you can stop your opponent from scoring. And Gasol is actually averaging 1.3 blocks and averages 1.8 blocks for his career. When was the last time you saw Curry average even .75 blocks per game?Also, if you read my post, I said this is the best chance we have at a trade,without throwing away draft picks and salary cap space. I didn't say this is the best trade.And trading for T-mac and Artest and Wallace would destroy our salary cap even more. We need to try and rebuild, not trade for big names, like Isiah Thomas had tried to do. Do you know how many big names we've had and still have on our team, over the last 5 years? Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford, Stephon Marbury,Quentin Richardson,Steve Francis, Zach Randolph, Jalen Rose,
Keith Van Horn,Antonio McDyess,Shandon Anderson,Jared Jeffries, etc. It doesn't work. Teams that win don't have loads of big names.They just have 2-3 guys that are sorrounded by good role players. Ex: Boston, Pierce, Garnet,Allen;SanAntonio,Duncan,Parker,Ginobili;Magic;Howard,Lewis,Turkoglu.
None of these teams have big names from 1-12 on their roster, or even 1-5.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I know, the Kidd13. And he also makes a lot of money, which is why I wouldn't want him on the Knicks. We already have salaries dumped on us at every corner. We need to rebuild. This is the best way to fix our team, and the only way we could fix it without it giving us more salary problems and losing draft picks.

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
Gasol can't save the Knicks. He will only add to our problems. If anything Thomas should make a move for Ben Wallace,Tracy McGrady and Ron Artest, who I forgot to put on this list. Gosol is a great scorer but not much defensively (See Zach Randolph).

Curry/Rose for B.Wallace
Randolph/Jones for T.McGrady
Crawford/Balkman for Artest

PG-Mabury
SG-McGrady
SF-Artest
PF-Lee
C-Wallace

I would love this to happen but isiah wouldn't ever do this but this would make every player greater because they all have something to prove

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
What people are forgetting is that Tracy McGrady has a big salary.The Knicks have several guys with big salaries, too. Do you see us winning?It isn't how much names you have on your team or salary. It's how your team plays together. Tracy McGrady,Artest, and Ben Wallace wouldn't be able to play well together. McGrady is injury prone, and he wouldn't want to share the ball with a guy like Artest.Artest has a big ego, and he won't want to share the ball with McGrady, and Ben Wallace has a big ego and can't shoot free throws or score.Everyone that's currently on the Knick starting lineup is what you would call a "big name."But you don't see any positive results.So what makes you think that replacing one set of big names with another set of big games will get us to win?What the Knicks need to do is "rebuild", not "replace" one big name with another.
PS-what makes you think the Bulls want Curry back? Everyone knows he has no rebounding, no defense, and no passing ability. The Bulls want a guy that can successfully post up-not someone that is a liability, and can post up only when you force them the ball every possession till they magically score.
And the Kings said they want David Lee, not Crawford.
And the Rockets didn't say they want to trade McGrady for a guy that would limit Yao's touches due to their greed, like Randolph
My trade ideas may not be the best, but they at least have a chance to happen.

Last edited: