Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Marbury rips Isiah's idea of having Curry as the centerpiece

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Default Marbury rips Isiah's idea of having Curry as the centerpiece

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Stephon Marbury rips Isiah Thomas' scheme, no longer a 'scoring guard'
    BY IAN BEGLEY
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Saturday, January 12th 2008, 4:00 AM

Stephon Marbury revealed Friday night that he is struggling to adjust to his new role in Isiah Thomas' offense, suggesting that for the money the Knicks are giving him, they should expect more out of him.

"I didn't get paid the money I got paid to do what I'm doing now," said Marbury, who is the NBA's fourth-highest paid player at $20.1 million. "I got paid to be a scoring guard. ... Now I'm playing more of a passive role."

Marbury finished with 13points, eight assists and four rebounds in last night's 99-90 loss to Toronto. Thomas has designed the offense to feature Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford.

Friday night, Randolph was held scoreless and Curry had just six points. Crawford scored 27.

"It's not working out right now," Marbury said of Curry being the centerpiece.

Yes!!!!, its about damn time. Marbury took this team to the playoffs one year and was deaded by Isiah and was told to play a more passive role; which has failed miserably.

Please, Marbury is far from stubborn; he's frustrated because Isiah didn't surround him shooters/defenders; men who can compliment his game.

He went 23-19 with not much of a talented roster of Anderson, TT, KT, Nazr...with Harrington as the 6thman. All Isiah had to do was add another shot blocker to the mix and a SG who can SHOOT, and a SF who was CONSISTANT. We were over .500 at that team and only could of gotten better.

Instead Isiah ****ed it all up and that is reason why I hate him and I hate people who defend him from years ago to now. **** him and the Isiahsexuals. Marbury declared war on this goon and me as frustrated obsessed Knick fan will ride with him till this ******* is out of NYC and never near the NBA.

Its alot easier then everyone thinks it is to coach Marbury, if you let Marbury be Marbury he'll score, pass, and defend. When Isiah or whoever tries to make him play a certain way it throws him off and its an insult to do this to him. He knows what he has to do and when he attacks it helps other players get open. Marburys gotta have the ball in his hands and be given the freedom to do what he wants.

Isiah is a F*ckin idiot for tryin to run the offense through Crawford, Zach, and Curry. Hes a F*ckin idiot for alot of other things as well but this team wouldnt be doin so bad if he knew how to coach them. Dont get it twisted, im not tryin to say they a playoff team but I think theyd be in the run for the #8 spot if they had an average or even below average coach.

Originally Posted by metrocard

Yes!!!!, its about damn time. Marbury took this team to the playoffs one year and was deaded by Isiah and was told to play a more passive role; which has failed miserably.

Please, Marbury is far from stubborn; he's frustrated because Isiah didn't surround him shooters/defenders; men who can compliment his game.

He went 23-19 with not much of a talented roster of Anderson, TT, KT, Nazr...with Harrington as the 6thman. All Isiah had to do was add another shot blocker to the mix and a SG who can SHOOT, and a SF who was CONSISTANT. We were over .500 at that team and only could of gotten better.

Instead Isiah ****ed it all up and that is reason why I hate him and I hate people who defend him from years ago to now. **** him and the Isiahsexuals. Marbury declared war on this goon and me as frustrated obsessed Knick fan will ride with him till this ******* is out of NYC and never near the NBA.
    Isiah Fudd must go on the next thing smokin'.He has failed on all angles with me.He put this roster together yet he can't figure out how to use their strengths to mesh together.I officially say he is completely clueless.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Its alot easier then everyone thinks it is to coach Marbury, if you let Marbury be Marbury he'll score, pass, and defend.
    As could be seen with all the other teams Marbury was on in his career.

This here is probably THE strongest argument against Isiah. It shows how isiah really didn't any any sort of a plan for this organization when he first came here and still doesn't. At first we were supposed to be a team built around Steph a guy who at the time was know for dominating the ball and being a scoring, driving guard good for 20 and 8. Then we go out and get a guy in crawford who also needs the ball to be effective. Isiah says the direction we're heading in is trying to become more of a running team that pushes the tempo all game much like the Phoenix Suns. But Isiah fails to put together a lineup that is compatible with this idea. Then we go out and get Jerome James and all of a sudden where a team thats gonna slow the tempo and pound it to the inside. Jerome James fails miserably and we get Eddy Curry, a guy who can score but is known to be a poor rebounder and defender and we shift the focus to building around him. YOU CAN NOT BUILD A TEAM AROUND SOMEONE WHO IS A POOR DEFENDER AND REBOUNDER. Especially when that guy is a Center and the rest of the team aren't exactly great defenders. Isiah tries to correct this buy signing Jared Jeffries, but we already have a bunch of one dimensional guys like this who can only score but play no defense, or be a average defender with limited offensive talent. Goes out gets Zach Randolph yet another guy who needs the ball to be effective and is a sub par defender.

As you can see Isiah failed to put together a group that would mesh together nicely. He also failed to find a steady direction for what he wanted this team to head in. Isiah's time is up. He got to go for real.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

if isiah goes then I wonder how long, and how well will the person takin Isiahs spot turn this team around. Right now it sounds impossible... I want Isiah out though... I can't see him doin anything right in New York.

KnicksonLIN.com

It's about time someone called Isiah out on his bulls&#t.Marbury has always been a passing guard. Which is why despite only averaging 4 assists this year, he still averages 7.8 assists for his career.And if I'm not mistaken, the same year the Knicks made the playoffs, he averaged 9 assists per game on the Knicks. Rather than making no defense scrubs like Curry be the main focus, why not let a proven star lead your team instead?You can say what you want about Marbury, but the stats speak for themself:Playoff games played: Marbury: 19 Curry:0.

forget stephon, one minute he praising eddy curry and now he dont believe em, this is coming from a guy who only plays his game when he plays the elite PGs and get his ass busted by average guards

Originally Posted by abcd
    It's about time someone called Isiah out on his bulls&#t.Marbury has always been a passing guard. Which is why despite only averaging 4 assists this year, he still averages 7.8 assists for his career.And if I'm not mistaken, the same year the Knicks made the playoffs, he averaged 9 assists per game on the Knicks. Rather than making no defense scrubs like Curry be the main focus, why not let a proven star lead your team instead?You can say what you want about Marbury, but the stats speak for themself:Playoff games played: Marbury: 19 Curry:0.
    Its too bad idiot fans like datruth cant realize this, well said as always ABCD. I still think Marbury can run a team, he just needs the freedom. Isiah needs to take those handcuffs off Marbury and put one on Crawford and the other on his wrist, stupid homo fags.

KnicksonLIN.com

Eddy Curry makes a bad go to man. He has no defense, no rebounding, no heart,no free throws and is stubborn when he is criticized.You have a point, datruth, but Marbury is still a WAY better option than Curry.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Its too bad idiot fans like datruth cant realize this, well said as always ABCD. I still think Marbury can run a team, he just needs the freedom. Isiah needs to take those handcuffs off Marbury and put one on Crawford and the other on his wrist, stupid homo fags.
    Isiah Thomas is crazy, if he thinks someone that shot 38% for most of their career, like Crawford can run a team.And Curry is 1 dimensional.

Originally Posted by metrocard

The thing I don't get about you is that you support Marbury, but hate Isiah? Thats like hating Bush, but being a fan of Cheaney! Isiah is in large part responsible for the state of the New York Knicks, but how do you not fault Marbury at all? This article is a prime example of how foolish this guy is. He talks about how much he loves The Knicks, and then he embarrasses the team even further by making these comments, bashing his teammate and coach.I mean what coach besides Flip Saunders does he like, or even better what past coach would want him back as a player? Isiah and Steph both lose wherever they go, but atleast Isiah can say that he had a successful NBA career.

I'm no "Isiahsexual" (which by the way is one of the wackest nicknames ever, I suppose all of the people who ride you jock on this site should be called Metrosexuals) but I know that you can't blame the whole teams downfall on Isiah, the players have to take some of the heat too, and you have to start with Isiah's "better ho" Marbaury!

well...ive alwais said its the players and Isiahs fault but he did bring them here...but it bothers me cuz they dont even try...like god...idk man but Marbury has a point but hes just not the man 2 be saying it

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

I was a supporter of Marbury, bought a bunch of the shoes and all but Marbury is not a team player and isn't coachable. A 30 year old point guard shouldn't be the go to guy. Marbury seems to fit into one system and one system only, his own. The drive to the basket and pass the ball out won work on every play. That's pretty much all he's got in his arsenal. I'm not at all knocking his scoring ability. I'm knocking his decision making skills and leadership skills. This team is a miserable failure. There is no way that Curry/Randolph/Crawford/Marbury should let this team slide to only win 9 games in mid January. Any one of them should be able to put the team on their backs. All four of these guys need to be broken up. I can may be see keeping Randolph but the other three have to go. The only bonus to keeping Marbury is his expiring contract.

Veteran

Originally Posted by donchris
    I can may be see keeping Randolph .
    we are keeping zach??..... i thought we are trading the 'black-hole' for t-mac??? ....now you really have me confused