Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 118

Thread: Marbury rips Isiah's idea of having Curry as the centerpiece

  1. #31
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Last week against the Bulls: 29 points, 9 rebounds, 4 blocks.
    Wow, just give up how you gonna try to defend Curry at this point? Curry is a bitch ass *****, straight up and thats comin from the heart. Hows he gonna blame his poor play on Zach. LIke Z-Bo said Currys gotta play strong no matter whos on the court but instead he continues to play like a bitch and F*ck Randolph but he aint as bad as Curry. There is nothing worse then watching a player blessed with the size and athletic ability to be one of the best players in the league play like a *****.

  2. #32
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Wow, just give up how you gonna try to defend Curry at this point? Curry is a bitch ass *****, straight up and thats comin from the heart. Hows he gonna blame his poor play on Zach. LIke Z-Bo said Currys gotta play strong no matter whos on the court but instead he continues to play like a bitch and F*ck Randolph but he aint as bad as Curry. There is nothing worse then watching a player blessed with the size and athletic ability to be one of the best players in the league play like a *****.
    What these people fail to mention is that Curry has never been a good defender, rebounder, or free throw shooter on the Knicks or Bulls.How is it Randolph's fault that he can't do any of those things?Plus, Randolph actually averages more assists than Curry, and that's saying a lot considering Randolph is a ballhog.Call me crazy,but that tells me that it's Curry's fault he sucks.But I guess some people just don't realize that, even though the facts are right in their face.Don't worry about it, though. When they see Curry let Chauncey Billups lay it up in his face(which it will happen)then they gonna know why Curry is no good.

  3. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,050
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Wow, just give up how you gonna try to defend Curry at this point? Curry is a bitch ass *****, straight up and thats comin from the heart. Hows he gonna blame his poor play on Zach. LIke Z-Bo said Currys gotta play strong no matter whos on the court but instead he continues to play like a bitch and F*ck Randolph but he aint as bad as Curry. There is nothing worse then watching a player blessed with the size and athletic ability to be one of the best players in the league play like a *****.
    You said it. You CANNOT coach what Eddy has: size and athleticism. How many Trailblazer fans said the same thing about Jermaine O'neal while he was there, only to watch him blossom with the Pacers??? All these young centers coming out with no college experience will need extra time to develop in the pros. In time Eddy learn what work type of work ethic it takes to be a pro and he will be a top five center in this league for a long time, if he isn't already.

  4. #34
    Cutest Guy Here Kennedy Curse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queens New York Ozone park
    Posts
    913
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    man Curry can be the best center well one of them...is that we got wrong coaching staff...i mean good offensive cuz they taught him alot BUT no defensive coaches...and other then that...Curry just dosent try...i watch him man he just gives up...and it gets me mad cuz he can dominates games...and he chooses not 2...cuz of a stupid call or cuz they missed him once when he was open...

  5. #35
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    When you you say Steph is on Baron Davis' level, you lose all credibility. On Steph's best day he can throw up the type of numbers Baron puts up night in and night out. Add Baron's playoff sucess with no real center, just a bunch of guys who run with him and jack up 3's and there is no contest.
    He is. Marbury has been a 20 and 8 PG for most of his career. Davis have been 18 and 7 but very injury prone. Once Marbury gets a new scene, he'll be Starbury.

    Speedy Claxton and veteran forward Dale Davis was traded for Davis; he was a cancer in Charlotte, injury prone and had a VERY bad relationship with the coaches. So lets not act like Baron Davis is all perfect. He's on Marbury's level, always been.

    Biendirins is a good center, I suggest you watch more NBA basketball. He's a double double player with excellent defense.

    You have to agree with me when Baron Davis has a good supporting cast. Last season he had like 4-5 potential 20 point scorers from Jackson to J-Rich to Harrington to Ellis and even their other subs would drop bombs.

    PLUS, Davis is playing with the best COACH in the NBA.

    Its all about supporting cast and coaching.

    Jason Terry didn't win munch at all in Atlanta and people considered him a stat padder. When he went to a better scene in Dallas, everything changed, especially under a good coach.

    You understand now? Comparing two players when one is in a positive environment and the other is a negative environment is ignorant.

    Talent/Ability wise; both are equal.

    Anyway, you're not going to convince me unless you drop some heavy facts.

  6. #36

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    He is. Marbury has been a 20 and 8 PG for most of his career. Davis have been 18 and 7 but very injury prone. Once Marbury gets a new scene, he'll be Starbury.

    Speedy Claxton and veteran forward Dale Davis was traded for Davis; he was a cancer in Charlotte, injury prone and had a VERY bad relationship with the coaches. So lets not act like Baron Davis is all perfect. He's on Marbury's level, always been.

    Biendirins is a good center, I suggest you watch more NBA basketball. He's a double double player with excellent defense.

    You have to agree with me when Baron Davis has a good supporting cast. Last season he had like 4-5 potential 20 point scorers from Jackson to J-Rich to Harrington to Ellis and even their other subs would drop bombs.

    PLUS, Davis is playing with the best COACH in the NBA.

    Its all about supporting cast and coaching.

    Jason Terry didn't win munch at all in Atlanta and people considered him a stat padder. When he went to a better scene in Dallas, everything changed, especially under a good coach.

    You understand now? Comparing two players when one is in a positive environment and the other is a negative environment is ignorant.

    Talent/Ability wise; both are equal.

    Anyway, you're not going to convince me unless you drop some heavy facts.
    Dude you seem to be a really good Knick fan and I see eye to eye with you on many things but this thing you have with Marbury is comical. It's almost as bad as the people who think Jamal Crawford is a starting 2 guard on a good nba team. Baron Davis is far and away more talented then Steph. He is a far more explosive scorer, capable of putting up a triple double on any night and a better defender. It's true that Baron Davis has been injury prone but if the discussion is about how talented the player is, then talking durability makes no sense. Every single gm in the league would take a 25 year old Baron Davis over a 25 Stephon. Don't get me wrong Steph is a real good player but he's just not on Davis' level.

    The Hornets, especially while Davis was there, were among the most chaotically run nba franchises (similar to how the knicks are now). Your point of him being a cancer who hadn't gotten along with coaches is wrong. While in Charlotte he played for Paul Silas (notoriously difficult to get along with, just ask Lebron James) as well as Tim Floyd (ex coach of the worst team in nba history) but still there was never any turmoil involving Baron Davis. Where you're even getting that he was a coach killing cancer from is beyond me.

    Baron Davis can not only dominate games but he can dominate playoff series and not just last year against the Mavs either. One of the best playoff series of recent years was his coming out party in the 2001 Eastern Conference semifinals against the Bucks where it was him and Ray Allen going back and forth for 7 games until Milwaukee prevailed. Look at what he did the next year against T-Mac and the Magic where if I remember correctly he averaged close to a triple double for the series. Marbury is not capable of being that player. I mean think about it is there really one thing Marbury does better on a basketball court better then Davis? Oh and I forgot Davis has also got a post up game.

    Look man it's obvious that you're a knowledgeable fan but to think Marbury has the same amount of talent/ability as Davis is laughable but I get it sometimes we have soft spots for players we like and tend to overrate them. All that said you're right Marbury will go to another team and do well. He has been given a raw deal here and been treated terribly by Isiah and the Knicks but at the same time he hasn't helped himself either with his antics.

    The smartest thing I ever heard anyone say about Marbury was by Barkley on TNT when he said that for whatever reason Stephon Marbury does not get it.

  7. #37
    Cutest Guy Here Kennedy Curse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queens New York Ozone park
    Posts
    913
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    Dude you seem to be a really good Knick fan and I see eye to eye with you on many things but this thing you have with Marbury is comical. It's almost as bad as the people who think Jamal Crawford is a starting 2 guard on a good nba team. Baron Davis is far and away more talented then Steph. He is a far more explosive scorer, capable of putting up a triple double on any night and a better defender. It's true that Baron Davis has been injury prone but if the discussion is about how talented the player is, then talking durability makes no sense. Every single gm in the league would take a 25 year old Baron Davis over a 25 Stephon. Don't get me wrong Steph is a real good player but he's just not on Davis' level.

    The Hornets, especially while Davis was there, were among the most chaotically run nba franchises (similar to how the knicks are now). Your point of him being a cancer who hadn't gotten along with coaches is wrong. While in Charlotte he played for Paul Silas (notoriously difficult to get along with, just ask Lebron James) as well as Tim Floyd (ex coach of the worst team in nba history) but still there was never any turmoil involving Baron Davis. Where you're even getting that he was a coach killing cancer from is beyond me.

    Baron Davis can not only dominate games but he can dominate playoff series and not just last year against the Mavs either. One of the best playoff series of recent years was his coming out party in the 2001 Eastern Conference semifinals against the Bucks where it was him and Ray Allen going back and forth for 7 games until Milwaukee prevailed. Look at what he did the next year against T-Mac and the Magic where if I remember correctly he averaged close to a triple double for the series. Marbury is not capable of being that player. I mean think about it is there really one thing Marbury does better on a basketball court better then Davis? Oh and I forgot Davis has also got a post up game.

    Look man it's obvious that you're a knowledgeable fan but to think Marbury has the same amount of talent/ability as Davis is laughable but I get it sometimes we have soft spots for players we like and tend to overrate them. All that said you're right Marbury will go to another team and do well. He has been given a raw deal here and been treated terribly by Isiah and the Knicks but at the same time he hasn't helped himself either with his antics.

    The smartest thing I ever heard anyone say about Marbury was by Barkley on TNT when he said that for whatever reason Stephon Marbury does not get it.
    good post man...yea Baron is a good point Guard man...hes explosive and a good dunker 2...

  8. #38
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    You're obviously have a very poor assessment of Marbury's "talent". I'm guessing because you think Davis can dunk and Marbury doesn't means he's more "talented".

    Here is what you're wrong about.

    Davis gets more steals, but Marbury is a more capable man to man defender.

    Davis isn't Kidd or Lebron, the last time he average 5 rebounds was his sophomore year in 2000. He has only had 5-6 triple doubles in his NBA career, check the stats and do your homework next time. I'm not here for your opinion or hate on Marbury, I'm here the facts. I'm not going sit here and say "Marbury equals Davis in my opinion", no, I'm going to post facts that back up that statement. **** your opinion and **** my opinion.

    Stop stop stop, you're saying "far" too much to stretch your point that isn't even valid. Marbury at his prime was one of the most explosive players at his position, this was known. Marbury DID IT in more games; where as Baron was limited with poor conditioning(there was a point he was pretty much the fattest PG in the NBA and was the worst PG in the NBA at keeping his body healthy; I'll break that down later in my post).

    Lets look at the facts of history.

    Baron Davis's season high in points per game 03-04
    22.9 ppg
    39% Jamal Crawfordish FG%
    32% 3PT
    582 3pt shots attempted

    67% Free Throw %
    352 free throw attempts%
    in 40 minutes
    on 3.2 turnovers.

    Stephon Marbury's season high in points per game 00-01
    23.9 ppg
    44%FG
    33%3pt
    79% FT
    458 Free throw attempts in 67 games
    in 38 minutes
    in 2.9 turnovers



    The things I bolded signify nothing "explosive" for Baron Davis and stats that prove the fact that Marbury is a penetrator. Marbury had more points, more free throw attempts, less turnovers, and less minutes, and most importantly shooting better from everywhere in the court.

    Baron Davis has been a CHUCKER for most of his career. 582 3pt shots attempted is absolutely pathetic along with a 39% FG doing his Jamal Crawford imitation, and your arguement has no base anymore; it shows that you don't know who Baron Davis is. In the last 3 seasons, Davis has attempted 7.1 three point shots per game and only making 32% of them. You can't deny he's a chucker.

    Davis could of been a more explosive PG than Marbury but he falls in love with his inaccurate 3pt shot (32% career 3pt shooter) and has put his teams in bad position by chucking them out of games. Marbury is by "far" the superior penatrator, superior in getting to the free throw line and a superior shooter. I rather have Stephon at his prime control the offense than I have some 39% FG and 32% 3pt guy taking 600 three's and only 300 FT attempts along with over 3 turnovers. It really makes no sense to me or anyone in this forum how you could even think Davis is or was a more explosive scorer than Marbury. I'm guessing you think dunk = explosive, kiddy logic.

    It makes great sense that durability has to do apart with your talent. You're not born with talent, you develop on throughout your career and IMPROVE. Davis hasn't been consistent in his career because he can't display his talent from being injury prone and not healthy or well conditioned. Thats his fault, like how its Eddy Curry's fault for not fulfing his talent.

    Baron Davis haven't played 82 games 2001-02, and he only done that twice as a starter in his career.

    Give me a 20 and 8 guy who plays more games and gives more production than an injury prone 17 and 7 guy who gives insufficient production and misses a whole lot of games.

    Marbury has had a better career than Baron Davis, no question; but I'm giving Baron Davis credit because he is very talented could of been the best PG in the NBA if he had better conditioning throughout his career. This is his downfall and what set him back a couple of steps.

    It takes a lot of work, talent and skill to have a steady consistent and rare special career Marbury has had and the numbers he puts up. 20 and 8 is too good to deny; taking credit from Marbury's talent tags the word ignorant on your head for being a bias hater instead of mutually understanding both men's equality of talent.

    You don't know any GM's in the NBA, give me something that could convince me because your opinion won't do a thing except look for more things to correct. Its laughable that you feel your opinion that a bunch of GM's would choose Davis > Marbury at 25 is really random and the most comical thing said by anyone in this thread. Its like a reach, if this was boxing you would of been hit hard with a right cross for reaching and missing. But I'm going for the TKO, so lets compare the two when they were 25.

    I believe Davis was 25 in 03-04(his career high season, if you wanna take the season before that his numbers were inferior)
    22.9 ppg
    39% FG
    32% 3PT
    582 3pt shots attempted
    67% Free Throw %
    352 free throw attempts%
    in 40 minutes
    on 3.2 turnovers.

    Marbury's career high season in PPG was also 25, thanks for making this easy for me.

    23.9 ppg
    44%FG
    33%3pt
    79% FT
    458 Free throw attempts in 67 games
    in 38 minutes
    in 2.9 turnovers

    Basically Marbury has the advantage in everything, get mad if you want but the facts are the facts. Marbury was a better PG and more efficient player at 25 and for most of his career than Baron Davis, fact.

    Stop making excuses for Davis, he has the worst shot selection for a NBA PG when he was playing for the Hornets and was a cancer and the Antonie Walker for that team for a while. Whats the point of having a post up game if you don't use it? Davis takes 7.1 3pt shots a game, excellent impression of Walker/Crawford.



    One of the most athletic PG's in the NBA when he was healthy.

  9. #39
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    What I noticed about Baron Davis is that he's not a real point guard. He's a wildguard. He shoots a lot of shots, and it's either feast or famine. If he knocks down the shots, it's all good, but when he misses, it looks disasterous.I like the way Davis plays,and he's one of my favorite players, but I don't think it's fair to compare Baron Davis to Mabury.Baron Davis doesn't play like a point guard, he plays like a shooting guard/small forward that can catch fire every once in a while. If you ask people if Baron Davis is a pure point guard, most people would say no.He's a good passer, but his shot selection is of a shooting guard or a small forward.

  10. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,650
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Last week against the Bulls: 29 points, 9 rebounds, 4 blocks.
    ok.. good game eddie... please quote me the previous good "D" game he played...

  11. #41
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    man i laugh at the ppl who still defend stephon, dont get me wrong though, when isiah brung in stephon, i thought he was going be our savior, and everytime somebody would critisize stephon i would be the first to defend em but now i see what people were talking about, when things arent going right for em, he's quick to knock on da next person, he only thinks about himself, since the larry brown year it seems as if his game is mechanical, like he dont play his game off instincts, the stephon marbury i know and loved would take the opposing PG(no matter who it is) to skool but now he's only playing hard when the opposing guard is one of the best in da league and dats not characteristics of a leader

    wasnt this the same guy who said this year he was going average 10 points, 13 assists and 4 rebounds, sounds like a guy who doesnt really care about his scoring i thought this guy was a changed man after last season, he really sacraficed and played team ball and now he talking about "i get paid this amount of money because im a scorer"? F*ck outta here
    Last edited by datruth; Jan 14, 2008 at 10:15.

  12. #42
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    I was a supporter of Marbury, bought a bunch of the shoes and all but Marbury is not a team player and isn't coachable. A 30 year old point guard shouldn't be the go to guy. Marbury seems to fit into one system and one system only, his own. The drive to the basket and pass the ball out won work on every play. That's pretty much all he's got in his arsenal. I'm not at all knocking his scoring ability. I'm knocking his decision making skills and leadership skills. This team is a miserable failure. There is no way that Curry/Randolph/Crawford/Marbury should let this team slide to only win 9 games in mid January. Any one of them should be able to put the team on their backs. All four of these guys need to be broken up. I can may be see keeping Randolph but the other three have to go. The only bonus to keeping Marbury is his expiring contract.
    It appears to me that this team lacks defined roles. We can say that Curry is the main option and then Zach, but these guys will start the game off like that and within minutes ANYONE is taking shots. Curry knows he's the main option, but he's too vagina to call for the ball like the great Ewing use to do. Can anyone remember how Ewing use to literally scream at Ward for the ball?

    I bet if you asked the players abour their roles, most of them wouldn't really have an answer for you. Each team in the NBA is like a machine and you need fully functioning parts in order to make it work. We have parts, but they are either too similar or just don't fit the machine.

    WHY THE HELL IS QUENTIN STILL STARTING???? HE'S ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE THIS SEASON!!!!!!!! His trade value is low right now I can sign him for 4 years.

  13. #43
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    man i laugh at the ppl who still defend stephon, dont get me wrong though, when isiah brung in stephon, i thought he was going be our savior, and everytime somebody would critisize stephon i would be the first to defend em but now i see what people were talking about, when things arent going right for em, he's quick to knock on da next person, he only thinks about himself, since the larry brown year it seems as if his game is mechanical, like he dont play his game off instincts, the stephon marbury i know and loved would take the opposing PG(no matter who it is) to skool but now he's only playing hard when the opposing guard is one of the best in da league and dats not characteristics of a leader

    wasnt this the same guy who said this year he was going average 10 points, 13 assists and 4 rebounds, sounds like a guy who doesnt really care about his scoring i thought this guy was a changed man after last season, he really sacraficed and played team ball and now he talking about "i get paid this amount of money because im a scorer"? F*ck outta here
    First of all, stop acting like we have any leaders on this team. Stop sucking Jamal because he's Mr. Nice guy off the court; on the court Jamal Crawford is one of the biggest tragedies on this team and is everything WRONG with this team. Same goes for the two cancers in our front court with Randolph and Curry.

    Marbury was our savior for one season, I don't need to explain, you know what about I'm talking about.

    Isiah failed to build the team around Marbury, stop sucking Isiah balls; Marbury tried to do everything he could to please Isiah; Marbury took Larry Brown's **** and try to be a "New" PG, and did the same **** Isiah. Both methods failed miserably. Marbury stop playing his game so two lesser players like Crawford and Curry could get their shots. Marbury has been unselfish on the court the last 2-3 seasons; and it has shown when you put the ball in Crawford's and Curry's hands your bound for a lot of losing.

    Ask yourself this, why was Lenny Wilkens fired? Why did Isiah obtain Crawford when we needed a shooter? Was Curry a need when we needed post defense, rebounding and shot blocking? Isiah did everything in his power to.

    How do you average 10 assist with a Shooting guard who can't shoot and is too ***** to drive to the basket and take contact, a small foward who's slow as turtle, shoots 30% FG and 20% 3pt, a PF who takes wild shots constantly and holds the ball for 10 seconds, and a center who takes 23 seconds to score and completely slows down the offense in a NBA era where fastbreak basketball is practiced.

    Didn't Isiah say we were going to be a fastbreak team? Why the hell did he get Q-Rich, Randolph and Curry? I could really go on with the things Isiah lied to us about, but that isn't part of your concern because you're an Isiahsexual. It doesn't bother you if Isiah fails, when he fails, you look for escape goats to cover his mistakes. When Isiah makes a trade(any trade) you praise with no logic. It has gotten out of control to the point where today we are the WORST built team in the NBA and you still can't understand our problems.

    Marbury's role has been diminished by Isiah, therefor expecting him to be a leader is idiotic. Crawford has the green light to chuck whenever he wants; and the offense is runned through Randolph and Curry.

    Marbury's game is top 20 scorer and top 5 assist man when he controlls the offense. The last time Marbury had full contract of the offense back in his first season when he lead the NBA in assist and finished top 20 in points.

    Now its senseless to talk about Marbury; he's not apart of this team. Isiah has made it clear he doesn't want Marbury apart of this team. You need to get the **** outta of here and realize Isiah has terrible chemistry with the team, no understanding how to be a NBA GM, President and is a terrible COACH; if you can't understand that then you're completely lost as a Knick fan.

    I realize Marbury's time is over, and theres no way he could do anything for this team with Isiah in charge. Lets see him shine on another team where he could actually feel accepted.

  14. #44
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard



    How do you average 10 assist with a Shooting guard who can't shoot and is too ***** to drive to the basket and take contact, a small foward who's slow as turtle, shoots 30% FG and 20% 3pt, a PF who takes wild shots constantly and holds the ball for 10 seconds, and a center who takes 23 seconds to score and completely slows down the offense in a NBA era where fastbreak basketball is practiced.

    Didn't Isiah say we were going to be a fastbreak team? Why the hell did he get Q-Rich, Randolph and Curry? I could really go on with the things Isiah lied to us about, but that isn't part of your concern because you're an Isiahsexual. It doesn't bother you if Isiah fails, when he fails, you look for escape goats to cover his mistakes. When Isiah makes a trade(any trade) you praise with no logic. It has gotten out of control to the point where today we are the WORST built team in the NBA and you still can't understand our problems.

    Marbury's game is top 20 scorer and top 5 assist man when he controlls the offense.

    I realize Marbury's time is over, and theres no way he could do anything for this team with Isiah in charge. Lets see him shine on another team where he could actually feel accepted.
    first off, i just wanna say, who's talking about jamal crawford??


    the first statement that i quoted, i totally disagree wit u, marbury averaged over/close to 8 assists in 3 seasons wit the new jersey nets, and the majority of da players dat played wit stephon throughout those 3 seasons arent even the NBA any more and werent good in da first place so u cant say stephon cant average more than 5 assists in this roster

    the second part i quoted off u, i agree wit u, i still believe stephon is the most talented knick player on da roster and when he wants to he could be top 5 PG in da entire NBA but da thing is, its when he wants to.

    and do u really believe that a team in da NBA is going comfort stephon so comfortable to the point where he feels accepted??lol

  15. #45
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Isiah failed to build the team around Marbury, stop sucking Isiah balls; Marbury tried to do everything he could to please Isiah; Marbury took Larry Brown's **** and try to be a "New" PG, and did the same **** Isiah. Both methods failed miserably. Marbury stop playing his game so two lesser players like Crawford and Curry could get their shots. Marbury has been unselfish on the court the last 2-3 seasons; and it has shown when you put the ball in Crawford's and Curry's hands your bound for a lot of losing.
    I never thought it was a good idea to build a team around a PG unless he has the ability of a Nash, Kidd, Paul, Williams. Take a look back at the All-Star games when Kidd started every year. Normally, a team with 5 star players wanting the ball every night probably wouldn't work that well .

    Kidd always made it work by making sure everyone had good looks and a good amount of touches. My point is that no matter who the players are, he and the others I mentioned will put guys in a position to succeed and that's the only type of PG you build your team around.


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: Jan 18, 2010, 19:54
  2. can eddie and zach mix?
    By insomniac in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: Nov 25, 2008, 21:19
  3. Hit the Panic Button
    By Starks in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: Dec 10, 2007, 07:13
  4. Replies: 90
    Last Post: Nov 09, 2007, 17:43
  5. trade curry yes/no
    By theknicks3 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: Apr 01, 2007, 01:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •