Marbury rips Isiah's idea of having Curry as the centerpiece

metrocard

Legend
Walt Frazier isn't allowed to say anything negitive about the Knicks. I love the guy but he knows that the legendary Marv Albert got fired for talking negitively. Frazier was probably the best defensive guard of his era do you really believe he thinks Marbury on a night in and night out basis plays great defense. Anybody can play defense once in a while the great defenders do it every night.

Funny thing is that Marbury is the Knick that Frazier praises the most when Marbury fights over screens and plays good man to man defense throughout the course of last year.

Another funny thing, Clyde Frazier is the most realistic announcer you can get, he tells it how it is, and if you don't think so; its either time to give up watching the Knicks or focus on paying attention more.

Funny thing is that Marbury is the Knick that Frazier praises the most when Marbury fights over screens and plays good man to man defense throughout the course of last year.

Another funny thing, Clyde Frazier is the most realistic announcer you can get, he tells it how it is, and if you don't think so; its either time to give up watching the Knicks or focus on paying attention more.

You learn a lot from him watching the game as well. Plus he is a riot to listen to and genuinely seems perplexed by a lot of the stupid play he sees from both teams.

One of the smartest things that Clyde says about today's NBA is how players nowadays for the most part never improve and do not work on their game. I think that statement is something you could apply to our discussion about Josh Smith and my reservations about bringing him to the team. The stats don't tell you everything about a player. The guy since he came into the league hasn't had a jump shot and has turned the ball over at an alarming rate. In both of those categories he hasn't improved at all and he's been in the league for a few years now. Think about it this way; Smith scores a lot of his points on dunks, layups and putbacks but his shooting percentage is, to use a Clyde word, ghastly.

metrocard

Legend
You learn a lot from him watching the game as well. Plus he is a riot to listen to and genuinely seems perplexed by a lot of the stupid play he sees from both teams.

One of the smartest things that Clyde says about today's NBA is how players nowadays for the most part never improve and do not work on their game. I think that statement is something you could apply to our discussion about Josh Smith and my reservations about bringing him to the team. The stats don't tell you everything about a player. The guy since he came into the league hasn't had a jump shot and has turned the ball over at an alarming rate. In both of those categories he hasn't improved at all and he's been in the league for a few years now. Think about it this way; Smith scores a lot of his points on dunks, layups and putbacks but his shooting percentage is, to use a Clyde word, ghastly.

You're still upset over being embarrassed in the Josh Smith arguement? I remember when Josh Smith dropped like I believe 39 points on us in overtime and Cylde Frazier was all over him. Good job staying on topic to this thread, I think we may have to label you with ADD or some reading problem.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
You're still upset over being embarrassed in the Josh Smith arguement? I remember when Josh Smith dropped like I believe 39 points on us in overtime and Cylde Frazier was all over him. Good job staying on topic to this thread, I think we may have to label you with ADD or some reading problem.

lol @ him changin the arguements, thats a Bitch move. Hes still goin on about Josh Smith, shits madd funny. The Starbury debate is over, team Starbury gets another victory.

lol @ him changin the arguements, thats a Bitch move. Hes still goin on about Josh Smith, shits madd funny. The Starbury debate is over, team Starbury gets another victory.

MSG you really need to get off of Metro's nutsac.

metrocard

Legend
When Curry was brought in here; all offensive chemistry fell off because Curry was raw, turnover prone and is a poor decision maker on offense; the fact we circled our offense around that gigantic piece of shit shows the credibility of Isiah and the downfall of this team. We've should of keep riding out with Marbury's 20 and 8 and build around him, similar to how Golden State gave Baron Davis his pieces. Instead we gave Marbury guys like Francis, Crawford, Curry, Tim Thomas, Mo Taylor, Jalen Rose, Jamison Brewer, Jermaine Jackson, Malik Rose, Jerome James, ared efferies, etc and etc. Its pretty justifiable that Marbury rips Isiah and doesn't want to participate anymore in this circus.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
When Curry was brought in here; all offensive chemistry fell off because Curry was raw, turnover prone and is a poor decision maker on offense; the fact we circled our offense around that gigantic piece of shit shows the credibility of Isiah and the downfall of this team. We've should of keep riding out with Marbury's 20 and 8 and build around him, similar to how Golden State gave Baron Davis his pieces. Instead we gave Marbury guys like Francis, Crawford, Curry, Tim Thomas, Mo Taylor, Jalen Rose, Jamison Brewer, Jermaine Jackson, Malik Rose, Jerome James, ared efferies, etc and etc. Its pretty justifiable that Marbury rips Isiah and doesn't want to participate anymore in this circus.

They actin like they dont know the deal, I dont blame Marbury at all. This teams not headin anywhere. If KNicks fans dont see at this point that were a better team with Marbury and that we should run the offense through Marbury then dont be a fan because your F*ckin stupid. I hate watching:

Zachs turnovers
Crawfords jackin
Currys worries

Marbury shooting percentages are good. Isiah should have made Marbury the #1 option coming into the season, end of story.

Has there ever been an NBA season that was over after 5 games? I still can't believe what Isiah did to Marbury after the Heat loss. In one fell swoop he effectively destroyed the team and killed the season. I just wish Marbury didn't leave the team because that took away the focus from Isiah's idiocy which is most important and moved it towards Marbury's selfishness and childishness which at the end of the day is not that big a deal. What Marbury did has effectively given Isiah an excuse to tell Dolan. "We had a bad year Jim but it wasn't my fault it was Stephon's." If nothing else Isiah is about as conniving a calculated snake that there is.

After 5 games this season was over, 5 games!!!

Benching Marbury for Mardy Collins after you brought Steph in to be the franchise player get the f outta here. It's no wonder that most of Isiah's peers can't stand him. George Karl put it best when he called Isiah a jackass.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
man why ya still talking about stephon, move on, god damn, its obvious stephon is no longer isiah's golden child, this team is no longer stephon's team, im glad he no longer playing for us anymore wit his questionable injury but thats another story,it hasnt really translated to wins but we are competing on the nightly basis, yeah we were recently in a 8 game losing streak but outta those 8 those games, im pretty sure we could have easily come out wit a winning record, without marbury, nate has prospered but at the end of the day we lost a big threat on offense and we still need a floor general, ya'll probably think im crazy but i dont think this team is far from being a threat, as soon as we get a floor general, i think this team could really prosper

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
im glad he no longer playing for us anymore wit his questionable injury but thats another story,

The only thing questionable to me is your name bein datruth when you never tell datruth.

it hasnt really translated to wins but we are competing on the nightly basis, yeah we were recently in a 8 game losing streak but outta those 8 those games, im pretty sure we could have easily come out wit a winning record, without marbury, nate has prospered but at the end of the day we lost a big threat on offense and we still need a floor general, ya'll probably think im crazy but i dont think this team is far from being a threat, as soon as we get a floor general, i think this team could really prosper

Im not sure if your sayin this team is better with or without starbury. With him we probally would have won 4 of those games.....and you are crazy for thinkin were a floor general away from prospering......unless that floor general scores and passes. Jason Kidd would not make a big difference on the Knicks, I have said many times the only point guard in the NBA who might be able to single handedly turn things around for the Knicks is Chris Paul.

George M.

Benchwarmer
The only thing questionable to me is your name bein datruth when you never tell datruth.

Im not sure if your sayin this team is better with or without starbury. With him we probally would have won 4 of those games.....and you are crazy for thinkin were a floor general away from prospering......unless that floor general scores and passes. Jason Kidd would not make a big difference on the Knicks, I have said many times the only point guard in the NBA who might be able to single handedly turn things around for the Knicks is Chris Paul.
All of you need chill and just know that Isiah needs to be removed from this organization for not building the right team around his PG Marbury.If you invest that much into said PG then you must surround him with good shooters and at least 1 efficient inside scorer and be able to properly blend this talent together.Unfortunately he has failed beyond miserably and our best potential at the beginning of this was .500 or slightly better.After 4yrs. this is totally unacceptable!!! He must be replaced with a smarter and more credible GM.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
All of you need chill and just know that Isiah needs to be removed from this organization for not building the right team around his PG Marbury.If you invest that much into said PG then you must surround him with good shooters and at least 1 efficient inside scorer and be able to properly blend this talent together.Unfortunately he has failed beyond miserably and our best potential at the beginning of this was .500 or slightly better.After 4yrs. this is totally unacceptable!!! He must be replaced with a smarter and more credible GM.

I gotta agree with your post, you see that Marburys not the problem. Like i said before how many point guards would be able to turn things around for the Knicks. I think only Chris Paul (Deron Williams lost). If Isiah kept shooters around Marbury and had a better conditioned more aggressive frontcourt then alot of this could have been avoided. And we had better players when we made it to the playoffs. Isiah traded for bums like Crawford, Q-Rich, Z-Bo, and Curry. Now were stuck with the worst gm in sports history possibly workin another bad trade. Other Gms will rape Isiah.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez

i mean, say what u want but any of these games, did u see anything that showed marbury was hurt??? And then he goes out to his own doctor as opposed to the teams doctor...and yeah i still believe all this team needs is somebody to orchestrate this team cuz we definately arent playing bad lately, just arent finishing, becoming too predictable wit jamal being the guy to do it late in da games

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think a healthy Marbury would be good for that job but that dont matter, he might be gone and i still dont think one player would make a difference. Orchestrators are tough to find. When I hear someone talkin about orchestrators I think of Nash, Paul, Kidd, Calderon, Billups, Williams(Paul>>>Williams, its not close), Lebron James, Allen Iverson type players. I dont see us gettin any of them. Telfair is averaging 6apg in 32 minutes.