Detroit Pistons at New York Knicks Game Thread 1/13

Which recent event was the most embarrassing?

• Zach Randolph being benched and having words with Isiah

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Stephon Marbury calling out Isiah and criticizing his strategy

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Isiah Thomas going public with his 3 favorite Knicks

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Jamal Crawford being one of Isiahs favorite Knicks

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yea man it was a kool win...but we alwais win against pistons...well play good against the in graden...not convinced dow i mean c mon we havent even gone on a 2 game winning streak in awhile!

yeah man remember that 3OT game last year at the garden when frye hit that jumper to tie it at the end of the 2nd ot...ah man that was crazy

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
Thomas is leaving if he dont turn this team around...dirint Dolan liek have firing Isiah in his mind after the toronto game

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
He never had a rep.. lol every team he played for and left the next season they come up with 50 or more wins in a season, he simply has to go.. He wanted to play in Italy maybe he might find some luck there? I hard feelings but I got my opinion about Marbs..

Did Minnesota win 50 or more games the year after Marbury left?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Did Minnesota win 50 or more games the year after Marbury left?

Yes, they did I checked. Shit. He never had a fair chance in NY and the same can be argued for the rest of the team. This group of players together does not work and shits been F*cked up for Marbury since Larry Brown became coach. I thought until that point he had played great with the Knicks but Isiah made one too many bad trades and hired Larry Brown and the team got F*cked up. Things for were better last year for the team and Marbury as he played well from January to early April when he got injured. Things really got F*cked up this year with the acquiring of Zach Randolph and the clashing between Isiah Thomas and Marbury. There might be more to what we hear from the media so its unfair to make a judgement. One thing we all know is Isiah Thomas if a Dumb Shit Head Homo Fag Asshole and deserves most of the blame for everything. If Eddy Curry was with a better team he would be a better player benefiting from having better coaches to work with him and a structured system.

Kiyaman

Legend
Zach Randolph is still the Turnover Leader in the NBA.

Dont anyone get beside themselves about this Knick WIN.

Detroit was playing their 4th game in 5 nights against the Knicks.

The best thing about this Knick Game was Balkman finally getting some decent playingtime alongside of Nate & Lee this season.

NYKnicks15

Starter
metro man, i think you and i must of smoked the same shit cause this diesel sugarshack is tellin me the knicks killed the pistons.

haha all joking aside many things can be contributed to this. Randolph/Curry played as a TEAM. not as individuals. stats meant nothing tonight for all the players it seemed. marbury was out and as much as i like marbs we play more as a team when one of our men is out not saying marbs or which one cough randolph cough but it happens.

also as pointed out detroit was absolutely exhausted. they arent a young team anymore. lets hope this doesnt change dolans threat nor isiahs sense of we need to make a move. btw, cleveland doesnt want to take bibby if they are forced to take kenny thomas. if were not playing smart capwise as usually isiah doesnt look for a marbury, QorJJorRose and insert young player here for bibby, artest and kthomas before deadline.

PS Isiah didnt go public with his 3 favorite players. a source/rat did.

metrocard

Legend
NYKnicks15, perfectly said.

Marbury is defeated and can't contribute to this team anymore; still stand behind the idea of building around him when we had a chance, but at this point out of understanding the situation right now. He doesn't hurt this team but isn't the solution.

Good win tonight, feels good.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks played great against the Pistons.Zach Randolph Knocked down his jumpers and did a good job posting up.Balkman played good defense, and he got some big energy dunks and lay ups.Crawford also knocked down his 3's.They only had 7 turnovers and they had 21 assists.The Knicks have played hard, over their last 6 games. Hopefully they can continue to do so the rest of the season.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I think the best thing would be to get rid of Marbury, I hate to see his last couple of good years go to waste. Isiah mite officially be the biggest idiot in sports history, im waitin for espn to do a "who's Number 1: worst coach."

Honestly, there's nothing I would love more than Marbury getting traded (assuming we could get some expiring contracts). No matter how you slice it, he's gone after next year anyway. There's no way he's signing with the Knicks again at a dramatically lower salary and I don't think even Isiah and Dolan are dumb enough to give him the same kind of money again.

Marbury deserves a chance to be on a talented, well rounded, and healthy team one time in his career while he's still young enough to start and be effective.

Then we will all get to see (including him) whether he can put up his 20 and 8 and still keep the respect of his teamates because of his ability to make them better, be a leader, perform in the clutch etc... all without being a distraction to the team with various unprofessional activities.

Last edited:

nyk_nyk

All Star
According to Marbury, he didn't get paid a lot of money to be a pass first point guard. That statement tells me that he is not comfortable in this system and he's basically saying that he plays best when he doesn't have to worry about helping others score.

We all saw it in NJ when he criticized Van Horn for relying on him and not being able to create his own shots. Sure Marbury can average 8 dimes a game, but don't expect it to be consistent throughout an entire season. He will go stretches where he doesn't even look for his teamates.

What made Marbury a star in HS and college was his ability to score on anyone. He basically got this far by being an explosive PG. I like Marbs, but this team needs a floor leader since these group of players don't have the ability to properly coach themselves on the court.