Thread: Does this win make a difference?(against detroit)

Default Does this win make a difference?(against detroit)

Does one win make a difference? Was it outstanding play from knicks or off night for pistons? Do you think this win will really have any positive long term impact on this team? Will the knicks win enough to turn the season around? or is this just another tease? Just another fluke in between multi game losing streaks? A glimpse of what could have been, if the knicks played every night with intensity heart pride and defense.
    I don't see this doing much of anything. The knicks will probably come out swinging at next Foe, and once they struggle, they'll go back to form, the losing form we've seen all year. My vote it was a freak performance and the pistons had an off night, they didn't take knicks serious, weren't up for game and got beat. The knicks will eventually at some point be challenged in their next game, and they'll fold like a lawn chair. The team has no pride.

yeah it was detriots 4th game in 5 days and it was the end of a long road trip-they WERE NOT going all out

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

It was a basic performance... Its just Detroit played bad... I still dont think it changes anything... Look at the Knicks vs. the Cavs same thing same results afterward.

KnicksonLIN.com

This win does not prove anything. The Knicks have not had a 2 game winning streak since November.When they had a big win over Denver, they went on an 8 game losing streak. When they beat Utah, they got blown out by 45 by the Celtics.When they beat the cross river rival Nets, on the road, they lost their next 6 road games.When they beat Cleveland, they lost 9 out of their next 11.What I do give the Knicks credit for is playing hard,over their last 6 games, though.I believe in the Knicks, and I think they will continue to play hard. But winning games takes defense, which the Knicks are lacking.

nope, great night for NY sports but, not one difference.

unless, they can actually put together a winning streak, but no winning streak, then it will be one of the few high points of the season.

i see them playing a lil bit betta...well just a couple of players like balkman and stuff maybe Zach

Yeah it made a difference towards our chances of winning the draft lottery.

tonight is the real test! can we win two games in a row?

Originally Posted by NicksKnicks
    tonight is the real test! can we win two games in a row?
    Yes, we can. Im still shocked but I dont think theyll make it 3 against the Nets.

the thing that I hate about the two wins we have had recent.

Is that Jamal has carried the team. With two games over 25 + points.

He is an unpredictable player, and should go back to his shooting woes soon.

I don't want to kid myself with these wins

this team still sucks, and should be playing its youth more.

Have we seen more than 20 minutes of Chandler yet? Morris?

Nate is looking a nice player, with nice assist numbers. Curry also dominated

without Zbo.

Look at the big picture Isiah

We didn't win that game (detroit) they gave us a game and as for the wizzards they were spent from the two boston games much like a tired detroit. The problem with the knicks is that we have a bunch of sixth men and no real starters.
    Sixth men-
    Crawford-to inconsistant to start
    Curry-never been in game shape his whole life therefor only effective in a bench player role.
    Lee-we all love him, but he realy is best comming off the bench
    Nate-human spark plug scoring,dishing and now the three ball but is he mature enough to run a team?
    Balkman-great hustle and energy, but definitly a bench guy unless he developes some kind of shot.
    Chandler-just a kid(in the NBA that is)
    Jeffries-was brought to NY as a sixth man type to try and cover our weaknesses on defence at the 2,3, and 4 spots(hows that worked?)
    Morris-young kid and uhhh ??? (don't know cause we don't see much of him)
    Jones-not a starter.
    Collins-maby could be a starter? same as R.Morris though still haven;t seen enough of him yet especialy this year.

The other names I have left off the list are the players we should realy be trying to rid our roster of for bad play,bad chemistry and bad contract reasons(Z-boob's,Starbury,Q(who shold retire) and our most useless player on the roster Jerome fat ass James(who also should retire) just think if James and Q did the right thing by their bodies and for their team and retired they could go out not feeling like such theves and save the Knicks about 14 million ,that would help!!!

no one gives away game sin the nba.....every night teams come and compete...so i then pose a question, every time a bad team beats a good team, does the good team give away the game?

when the knicks play how they are supposed to play on a consistant basis, how can u take credit away from us? if u watched the game, the knicks clearly took both detroit and washington out of their rythem and forced them to take contested shots...the pistons may have had a bad shooting night, but even if they made more shots, we still dominated on the offense.....we are playing back to back tonight....if we lose, i hope we dont hear the critics anylysing and critisizing our player, since we just had back to back games....look at portlands streak, they played back to back many nights and i honestly belive that our team is better than portland