Marbury may need Ankle Surgery - Out Two Months?

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/knicks/a...y_mis.html

--------------
January 14, 2008
Marbury may miss two months

By BRIAN LEWIS

Stephon Marbury , who sat out Sunday?s Knicks New York Knicks ' win over the Pistons win with a sore left ankle, said he expected a visit with Dr. Bill Hamilton today to reveal bone spurs.

If so, Marbury will have surgery similar to the ones Hamilton performed on him in the 2002 and 2003 offseasons, and one that would sideline him for two months.

?I guess he?s going to find some more bone spurs. It?s been bothering me for a while. A lot of guys have bone spurs in their knees and ankles; It?s just how much you can tolerate," said Marbury, who played through bone spurs the entire 2002-03 season rather than have surgery, but won?t do it now.

?(If they?re there) I?ll have to get them taken out," Marbury said. ?If the doctor says I have bone spurs in my ankle and he says I need surgery, I?m going to get it taken care of. I?m not going to wait or hesitate."

Marbury took an on-and-off bereavement leave after his father's Dec. 2 death, playing three games over the next month. After complaining openly Friday about his role, the team captain didn?t practice Saturday or play Sunday, sitting in the locker room during a rare Knicks win.

Though the guard said the injury had been bothering him for a while, Isiah Thomas said he didn?t notice him limping or hobbling. Asked when he found out about the wear-and-tear injury, Thomas said, ?It was (Saturday). That was the first time I was aware of it."

--------------------

metrocard

Legend
He's been hurt all season long if you watched him play, but it isn't much of a concern to Isiahsexuals. I remember a couple of times in Marbury's career he's played through a lot of tough injuries. Since Marbury is such a strong PG; when he drives to the basket he gets FOULED HARD but is so strong to the point he doesn't flopped or get moved because he can overpower a lot of the big men who foul him hard. That leaves a lot of pain anyway and I'm not surprised with this injury. Thats why he stopped dunking the ball and doing these explosive moves he was doing in Minnesota and New Jersey.

GetRealistic

Starter
He's been hurt all season long if you watched him play, but it isn't much of a concern to Isiahsexuals. I remember a couple of times in Marbury's career he's played through a lot of tough injuries. Since Marbury is such a strong PG; when he drives to the basket he gets FOULED HARD but is so strong to the point he doesn't flopped or get moved because he can overpower a lot of the big men who foul him hard. That leaves a lot of pain anyway and I'm not surprised with this injury. Thats why he stopped dunking the ball and doing these explosive moves he was doing in Minnesota and New Jersey.

If only Marbury cared about winning as much as you and MSG care about defending him.

Starks

Starter
Whoa. 2 months? If his ankle has been such a problem, then why is the first time we are hearing about this?? And why is this the first time Isaiah has been notifed about this when he is coach AND GM???

Can we collect some kind of insurance on him if he can't continue becuase of injuries?

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
If only Marbury cared about winning as much as you and MSG care about defending him.

AS U KNOW HE IS ONE OF THE MOST PLAYER WHO HAD PLAYED CONSECUTIVE GAMES HIS ENTIRE CAREER THROUGH INJURIES, HE IS ONE OF THOSE GUYS WHO NEVER COMPLAINS ABOUT INJURIES AND HE IS SO TOUGH THAT HE TRIES TO PLAY EVEN WHEN INJURED. U TRYING TO SAY THAT HE SHOULD STILL PLAY WHILES INJURED BECAUSE HE WANTS TO WIN, HERE IS NO SIGN OR HOPE THAT THE KNICKS ARE GOING TO TURN THE SEASON AROUND SO WHY BOTHER HIMSELF TO PLAY WHEN THEY ARE LOSING. JAMAL HAD A STRESS FRACTURE AND HE NEED TO HAVE SURGERY EVEN WHEN THE KNICKS WERE IN PLAYOFF CONTENTION, IF JAMAL CARED ABOUT WINNING AS U STATED, HE WILL STILL PLAY THROUGH THE INJURY IN OTHER FOR THEM TO MAKE IT TO THE PLAYOFF SINCE HE IS ONE OF THE GUYS ON THE TEAM WHO NEVER MADE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS IN HIS CAREER.BUT IN JAMAL'S CASE ITS OK TO HAVE A SURGERY WHILES HIS TEAM NEEDS HIM BUT IN STEPH'S CASE HE NEVER CARED ABOUT WINNER. NEW YOKERS WILL NEVER APPRECIATE THEIR PLAYER UNLESS HE IS TRADED, ITS NOT ONLY NEW YORKERS ALL PEOPLE ARE LIKE THAT. THEY NEVER LEARN TO APPRECIATE SOMETHING UNLESS ITS GONE. I HATE WHEN U GUYS JUST WANT TO BASH STEPH, TRY TO BE FAIR AND AM SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE REPEATING THEMSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN, HE IS A CANCER, SELFISH PLAYER AND ALL SOUGHT OF NAMES THAT U CAN THINK OF, LET THE GUY BREATH, HE IS HUMAN.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
AS U KNOW HE IS ONE OF THE MOST PLAYER WHO HAD PLAYED CONSECUTIVE GAMES HIS ENTIRE CAREER THROUGH INJURIES, HE IS ONE OF THOSE GUYS WHO NEVER COMPLAINS ABOUT INJURIES AND HE IS SO TOUGH THAT HE TRIES TO PLAY EVEN WHEN INJURED. U TRYING TO SAY THAT HE SHOULD STILL PLAY WHILES INJURED BECAUSE HE WANTS TO WIN, HERE IS NO SIGN OR HOPE THAT THE KNICKS ARE GOING TO TURN THE SEASON AROUND SO WHY BOTHER HIMSELF TO PLAY WHEN THEY ARE LOSING. JAMAL HAD A STRESS FRACTURE AND HE NEED TO HAVE SURGERY EVEN WHEN THE KNICKS WERE IN PLAYOFF CONTENTION, IF JAMAL CARED ABOUT WINNING AS U STATED, HE WILL STILL PLAY THROUGH THE INJURY IN OTHER FOR THEM TO MAKE IT TO THE PLAYOFF SINCE HE IS ONE OF THE GUYS ON THE TEAM WHO NEVER MADE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS IN HIS CAREER.BUT IN JAMAL'S CASE ITS OK TO HAVE A SURGERY WHILES HIS TEAM NEEDS HIM BUT IN STEPH'S CASE HE NEVER CARED ABOUT WINNER. NEW YOKERS WILL NEVER APPRECIATE THEIR PLAYER UNLESS HE IS TRADED, ITS NOT ONLY NEW YORKERS ALL PEOPLE ARE LIKE THAT. THEY NEVER LEARN TO APPRECIATE SOMETHING UNLESS ITS GONE. I HATE WHEN U GUYS JUST WANT TO BASH STEPH, TRY TO BE FAIR AND AM SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE REPEATING THEMSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN, HE IS A CANCER, SELFISH PLAYER AND ALL SOUGHT OF NAMES THAT U CAN THINK OF, LET THE GUY BREATH, HE IS HUMAN.

Gotta look this kid, I want Marbury traded ASAP so these assholes could realize what they underlooked.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

All the haters say the same F*ckin things about Marbury but the Marbury defenders continue to prove them wrong. Marbury cares about winning and thats why he wants to earn some of his money by having a bigger part in the offense.

Good job defendin him, keep it up. All Marbury defenders need to rise to the occasion, he is being unfairly attacked.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
All the haters say the same F*ckin things about Marbury but the Marbury defenders continue to prove them wrong. Marbury cares about winning and thats why he wants to earn some of his money by having a bigger part in the offense.

Good job defendin him, keep it up. All Marbury defenders need to rise to the occasion, he is being unfairly attacked.

I said this before, I've got damn near all the Starbury kicks and I've defended him in the past but he lost me the day he left the team and flew back to NY. He didn't just turn his back on Thomas, he turned his back on the team. It makes no sense to bash Curry and support Marbury. You guys are sounding like {Marburysexuals}.

We would win if Curry did more but we would also win if Marbury was a true leader. I'll admit that Curry isn't developing as he should but Marbury has become a cancer to this team and so has Thomas. Having Thomas as GM/coach and Marbury as PG is like having terminal cancer. We can't win with them.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The funny thing about people that criticize Marbury is that they never bring up facts when they do it.The funny one that I hear is every team Marbury played for has gotten better when he's left. If this is true, then why did the Timberwolves continue to get knocked out of the playoffs in the first round, for 5 straight years? And why are they now 5-30 and the favorites to get the first overall pick in the draft? And why do the Nets seem to get worse and worse each year? The Nets made the finals in 2003, and they haven't made it passed the Second round ever since.And why do people forget to mention that Marbury played for a successful Suns team that played a 6 game series against the 4x champion Spurs?It's because people are just picking any little flaw they see in Marbury to find a reason why the Knicks are losing.Face it, the Knicks are losing because they suck.1 person doesn't make an entire team suck. It takes several players and GM's to make a team suck. It's just when people criticized Patrick Ewing for missing a finger roll, but they never gave him credit for making the finals in 94 and beating the Heat 3 years in a row 98,99,2000. People are just haters.
PS-I am not a marbury sexual, cause I criticize Marbury when he does wrong. I'm just not gonna blame him for why the team is losing when we have a roster of players with no defense, no heart, no jump shot, or all three.And a dilusional GM and Coach like Isiah

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
I said this before, I've got damn near all the Starbury kicks and I've defended him in the past but he lost me the day he left the team and flew back to NY. He didn't just turn his back on Thomas, he turned his back on the team. It makes no sense to bash Curry and support Marbury. You guys are sounding like {Marburysexuals}.

We would win if Curry did more but we would also win if Marbury was a true leader. I'll admit that Curry isn't developing as he should but Marbury has become a cancer to this team and so has Thomas. Having Thomas as GM/coach and Marbury as PG is like having terminal cancer. We can't win with them.

Curry averaged a career high playing with Marbury.

Marbury flying back to NYC doesn't concern me that much; heres why.
Isiah messed up Marbury's morale by benching him. Marbury was averaging 15 and 5 and only two turnovers + shooting 40% from 3pt. He wasn't playing bad at all, but was benched early in the season. I feel like if we never benched him we would have stability within this team, a little more chemistry and maybe Marbury wouldn't fly back to NYC. It's just my theory that when a player's morale is downed by a coach, you can't expect the most or the norm out of him.

Marbury turned his back more on Thomas, its a Thomas/Marbury thing, not Marbury/Knicks. Marbury wants to die a Knick, but has beef with Isiah, sending both of these guys is the only right option.

I would understand your arguement if you said Marbury has been a cancer off the court and a distraction, but when Marbury is healthy and is giving the key to be Starbury, he's far from a cancer on the court.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The funny thing about people that criticize Marbury is that they never bring up facts when they do it.The funny one that I hear is every team Marbury played for has gotten better when he's left. If this is true, then why did the Timberwolves continue to get knocked out of the playoffs in the first round, for 5 straight years? And why are they now 5-30 and the favorites to get the first overall pick in the draft? And why do the Nets seem to get worse and worse each year? The Nets made the finals in 2003, and they haven't made it passed the Second round ever since.And why do people forget to mention that Marbury played for a successful Suns team that played a 6 game series against the 4x champion Spurs?It's because people are just picking any little flaw they see in Marbury to find a reason why the Knicks are losing.Face it, the Knicks are losing because they suck.1 person doesn't make an entire team suck. It takes several players and GM's to make a team suck. It's just when people criticized Patrick Ewing for missing a finger roll, but they never gave him credit for making the finals in 94 and beating the Heat 3 years in a row 98,99,2000. People are just haters.
PS-I am not a marbury sexual, cause I criticize Marbury when he does wrong. I'm just not gonna blame him for why the team is losing when we have a roster of players with no defense, no heart, no jump shot, or all three.And a dilusional GM and Coach like Isiah

ABCD is the man no homo you did a great job of defending him and brought up several key points that the haters ignore.

Curry averaged a career high playing with Marbury.

Isiah messed up Marbury's morale by benching him. Marbury was averaging 15 and 5 and only two turnovers + shooting 40% from 3pt. He wasn't playing bad at all, but was benched early in the season. I feel like if we never benched him we would have stability within this team, a little more chemistry and maybe Marbury wouldn't fly back to NYC. It's just my theory that when a player's morale is downed by a coach, you can't expect the most or the norm out of him.

Marbury turned his back more on Thomas, its a Thomas/Marbury thing, not Marbury/Knicks. Marbury wants to die a Knick, but has beef with Isiah, sending both of these guys is the only right option.

I would understand your arguement if you said Marbury has been a cancer off the court and a distraction, but when Marbury is healthy and is giving the key to be Starbury, he's far from a cancer on the court.

I agree with you about Marbury leaving the team but the haters dont look at it like that. Fact is they shouldnt be so quick to make assumptions when they dont know all the facts, that shit gets people killed. This is a common trend that we see with ignorant sports fans. We will probably never know what happened on that plane, maybe Isiah told Marbury to leave the team. We dont know and thats why we cant assume, lol @ these fools bein nieve and believe the NY Post. They just tryin to make money.

i deff believe hes hurt-in the games that hes played -for the most part-he's not playin like he usually did. What i really wanna know is why the haters hate on marbury?? Before this year-wtf did he do??

Does playin through injuries and being tough, and being a top ten pg cause hate?

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Well said. It's just that some people on this site think Marbury is a god. That he can do no wrong and is not to blame at all for the state the Knicks are currently in. I'm willing to give him credit for last year. I thought he played his best as a PG for his entire career and I was really excited to have him continue that play at the beginning of this year. I also think he has been a very talented player throughout his career. The only thing that bothers me is the LACK of blame he gets for the crap he has pulled this year and that he is PART of the problem with this Knicks team. I will continue to be an instigator until the Marbury lovers acknowledge the fact that some of the blame (not all) has to be placed on Marbury and that the whiney, bitch move he pulled earlier this year was irresponsible and wrong.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Well said. It's just that some people on this site think Marbury is a god. That he can do no wrong and is not to blame at all for the state the Knicks are currently in. I'm willing to give him credit for last year. I thought he played his best as a PG for his entire career and I was really excited to have him continue that play at the beginning of this year. I also think he has been a very talented player throughout his career. The only thing that bothers me is the LACK of blame he gets for the crap he has pulled this year and that he is PART of the problem with this Knicks team. I will continue to be an instigator until the Marbury lovers acknowledge the fact that some of the blame (not all) has to be placed on Marbury and that the whiney, bitch move he pulled earlier this year was irresponsible and wrong.
Everyone including Marbury deserves some blame but most of that blame needs to go to Isiah Thomas.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Wow, three Marburysexuals agree. Surprise Surprise!

metrocard said:
Isiah messed up Marbury's morale by benching him. Marbury was averaging 15 and 5 and only two turnovers + shooting 40% from 3pt. He wasn't playing bad at all, but was benched early in the season. I feel like if we never benched him we would have stability within this team, a little more chemistry and maybe Marbury wouldn't fly back to NYC.

This is pathetic. You can't blame everything on Isiah. He's done a shit job with the Knicks but he can't be blamed for Marbury leaving the team. So Marbury's little feelings got hurt because he was benched for playing like trash. You've made some good arguments but this aint one of em.

abcd said:
he funny one that I hear is every team Marbury played for has gotten better when he's left. If this is true, then why did the Timberwolves continue to get knocked out of the playoffs in the first round, for 5 straight years? And why are they now 5-30 and the favorites to get the first overall pick in the draft? And why do the Nets seem to get worse and worse each year?

For this comment I present you with the Marburysexual of the Year Award! Congratulations.

Lets review the facts shall we. Marbury's ego drove him out of Minnesota. Garnett got the big contract and it all went down hill for Steph. He f'd up. I've even read interviews were he all but admitted that he f'd up. It took the Nets a minute to improve but didn't they get Kidd for Marbury? That's a hell of an upgrade don't you think? And we're not even going to talk about Marbury to NY which ultimately made way for Steve Nash? Just imagine if Thomas didn't bring in Marbury, we would have had a shot at Nash.

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
I Don't Give A Heck What U Call Me, A Starburysexual, Marburysexual Or What Ever U Want To Say. I Will Back Him Up If There Is A Need To, Am Telling U Marbury Is No Doubt The Best Point Guard In The Nba, Surround Him With Good Players And U Will Have A Championship Team. Have U Ever Wondered Why A 6-3 Point Guard Is The Leading Rebounder Of A Team And Also Has More Rebounds Than Most Centers In The League? U Answer That Question. U Heard It Here And From A Person Know As Starbury4real Cos A Player Cannot Post That Much Triple Doubles In A Season When The News Is Out That Jason Kidd Uses Steroid.Its Unfair And I Keep Saying It And I Will Emphasize It, U Guys Are Like Illiterates, U Don't Research For Fact About Players, Instead U Like To Switch The Channels To Espn For Analysts To Tell U About A Player. How Can U Claim A Guy Is Selfish And A Cancer To A Team Without Facts To Back That Claim Up Instead U Come Up With Myths That Other Analysts Or Media Has To Say About A Guy.There Are Other Guys In The Nba Who Never Made It Past The First Round Of The Playoffs But We Are Here Giving Praises To Them Whiles We Are Criticizing Marbury. A 6-3 Point Guard Is The Leading Rebounder Of A Team Which Tells U That There Is Something Going On That We Don't Know, U Guys Might Think The Use Of Steroid Is Only Associated In The Mlb But In Reality The Nfl And Nba Have Guys That Use It To But Its Not Out There. U Will Tell Me I Was Right When The News Is Out That Jason Kidd Uses 'roids.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Donchris, you've said nothing new.

All I'm going to say you can't justify that Marbury was playing like that trash.
You can't justify your benching your starting PG out of all positions in the first 3-5 games even if the PG was playing like trash.

Its a senseless and desperate move by a desperate and senseless coach.

"Marburysexual" is very original, wonder who you got that idea from.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
well Marbury is a big big trouble off court...he stay making the front page of Newspapers...he is our best player but good sometimes he just dosent know what he is sayin...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=h_1P0WdOOiQ
lolz idk man has nuttin 2 do wit this but god man idk i never believe what he saying...cuz he alwais saying diff shyt

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I Don't Give A Heck What U Call Me, A Starburysexual, Marburysexual Or What Ever U Want To Say. I Will Back Him Up If There Is A Need To, Am Telling U Marbury Is No Doubt The Best Point Guard In The Nba, Surround Him With Good Players And U Will Have A Championship Team. Have U Ever Wondered Why A 6-3 Point Guard Is The Leading Rebounder Of A Team And Also Has More Rebounds Than Most Centers In The League? U Answer That Question. U Heard It Here And From A Person Know As Starbury4real Cos A Player Cannot Post That Much Triple Doubles In A Season When The News Is Out That Jason Kidd Uses Steroid.Its Unfair And I Keep Saying It And I Will Emphasize It, U Guys Are Like Illiterates, U Don't Research For Fact About Players, Instead U Like To Switch The Channels To Espn For Analysts To Tell U About A Player. How Can U Claim A Guy Is Selfish And A Cancer To A Team Without Facts To Back That Claim Up Instead U Come Up With Myths That Other Analysts Or Media Has To Say About A Guy.There Are Other Guys In The Nba Who Never Made It Past The First Round Of The Playoffs But We Are Here Giving Praises To Them Whiles We Are Criticizing Marbury. A 6-3 Point Guard Is The Leading Rebounder Of A Team Which Tells U That There Is Something Going On That We Don't Know, U Guys Might Think The Use Of Steroid Is Only Associated In The Mlb But In Reality The Nfl And Nba Have Guys That Use It To But Its Not Out There. U Will Tell Me I Was Right When The News Is Out That Jason Kidd Uses 'roids.

Marbury is the best PG in the NBA?!? Hahaha!! You're joking, right? The cancer rumor is justified by many players publically saying he is an asshole and the numerous fights he has gotton into with his teammates (e.g. Kenyon Martin, Kendall Gill, Kurt Thomas, Q. Rich, Malik Rose, Keith Van Horn). I'll take those opinions over yours. Selfish is when you bail on your teammates because you didn't like the coach benching you.

Dude...by the way...what's up with capitalizing every word? You got to stop that. It's quite annoying.