Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marbury may need Ankle Surgery - Out Two Months?

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by donchris
    Wow, three Marburysexuals agree. Surprise Surprise!

This is pathetic. You can't blame everything on Isiah. He's done a **** job with the Knicks but he can't be blamed for Marbury leaving the team. So Marbury's little feelings got hurt because he was benched for playing like trash. You've made some good arguments but this aint one of em.

For this comment I present you with the Marburysexual of the Year Award! Congratulations.

Lets review the facts shall we. Marbury's ego drove him out of Minnesota. Garnett got the big contract and it all went down hill for Steph. He f'd up. I've even read interviews were he all but admitted that he f'd up. It took the Nets a minute to improve but didn't they get Kidd for Marbury? That's a hell of an upgrade don't you think? And we're not even going to talk about Marbury to NY which ultimately made way for Steve Nash? Just imagine if Thomas didn't bring in Marbury, we would have had a shot at Nash.
    You should definitely be the last person to talk, when you got Curry's balls down your mouth and down to your chest cavity.Wasn't it you that always blames Zach Randolph and Coaching staff for why Curry is struggling?Meanwhile, Curry is 25, in his 7th year, and all he has to show for it is a whopping 5 rebounds and .6 blocks.You must have a ventriloquist doing the talking for you, cause there's no way you could be talking with Curry's balls down your tonsils.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Donchris, you've said nothing new.

All I'm going to say you can't justify that Marbury was playing like that trash.
    You can't justify your benching your starting PG out of all positions in the first 3-5 games even if the PG was playing like trash.

Its a senseless and desperate move by a desperate and senseless coach.

"Marburysexual" is very original, wonder who you got that idea from.
    I think Isiah was trying to get him to play a "certain way" and felt that he was not delivering. Now you and other Marbury supporters may not agree with Isiah, but that's not the issue I want to address.

When a coach benches a player, he usually gets one of two different reactions.

1. The player gets pissed off and wants to prove that the coach is wrong. So he works his butt off when he gets some playing time and works his way back into the starting lineup. You could make the case that Randolph's big game yesterday was an example of that. Even Curry had a huge game soon after being benched.

2. The player sulks. This is kind of like the kid that doesn't get his way and decides to take his ball home to punish everyone else. It's a very immature response.

I think Isiah was trying to get reaction #1 and bring the best out of Steph, but he got reaction #2 instead. There may have been other things at work, but it sure looked bad.

A coach has to be a bit of a psychologist. Heck that's even true of managers in business. Part of the job is understanding how to motivate people. It's not an easy job because not all people react the same way to the same techniques.

I know some of you guys are going to get pissed off about this comment, but the timing of this latest ankle injury (perhaps even having surgery and being out 2 months) looks a little bad also. I don't doubt he's hurting a bit. But this coming to a head right after he made some comments about his role on the team makes it smell like a way of punishing Isiah, a way of avoiding losing, a way of saying he doesn't like his role on the team etc.....

We'll get more info in a few days, but I think you can at least understand why some people might be skeptical about the motivations and wonder whether this couldn't wait if he decides to have surgery right away.
    Last edited by knicklover; Jan 14, 2008 at 19:54.

Originally Posted by Pricey
    I can't believe u would rag on Marbury. They guy is a very good PG, maybe not in the top 5 in the league but def 10.
    I wouldnt be listening to those guys making comments about Marbury cause there are just as many stories going around about all the good things he has done for the community and team mates.
    i admit i was p1ssed when he left the team earlier in the season and being a leader and walking off cause u got benched isnt a good image to portray to the kids of the team but we all make mistakes.
    The guy has stated that he wants to die a Knick and loves the team, i would like to think we can take his word on that and get behind him.
    Great post Pricey. Marbury never had a team to leave, anyone who thinks the Knicks are a team is probably smokin better stuff then I am. For all the bitches crying about Marbury leaving the "team", tell me in what way do the Knicks resemble a team?

Originally Posted by abcd
    You should definitely be the last person to talk, when you got Curry's balls down your mouth and down to your chest cavity.Wasn't it you that always blames Zach Randolph and Coaching staff for why Curry is struggling?Meanwhile, Curry is 25, in his 7th year, and all he has to show for it is a whopping 5 rebounds and .6 blocks.You must have a ventriloquist doing the talking for you, cause there's no way you could be talking with Curry's balls down your tonsils.
    Damn DonChris got Kimbo Sliced, lets watch the instant replay:

wow that white guy was flappin around like a bitch-and he got f*cked up
    Last edited by GoKnIcKsDLEE42; Jan 14, 2008 at 20:09.

word he just kept swinging like wow...ofcourse he gonna get fuked up liek that

He had no fighting skills at all. That dude went nuts swingin like a bitch, i think he was on somethin but it was fun watchin him get F*cked up

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    He had no fighting skills at all. That dude went nuts swingin like a bitch, i think he was on somethin but it was fun watchin him get F*cked up
    lmao word yo he fites like a lil kid...in my skool thats how they be fitting swinging everywhere hoping 2 hit him in the face

Originally Posted by knicklover
    I think Isiah was trying to get him to play a "certain way" and felt that he was not delivering. Now you and other Marbury supporters may not agree with Isiah, but that's not the issue I want to address.

When a coach benches a player, he usually gets one of two different reactions.

1. The player gets pissed off and wants to prove that the coach is wrong. So he works his butt off when he gets some playing time and works his way back into the starting lineup. You could make the case that Randolph's big game yesterday was an example of that. Even Curry had a huge game soon after being benched.

2. The player sulks. This is kind of like the kid that doesn't get his way and decides to take his ball home to punish everyone else. It's a very immature response.

I think Isiah was trying to get reaction #1 and bring the best out of Steph, but he got reaction #2 instead. There may have been other things at work, but it sure looked bad.

A coach has to be a bit of a psychologist. Heck that's even true of managers in business. Part of the job is understanding how to motivate people. It's not an easy job because not all people react the same way to the same techniques.

I know some of you guys are going to get pissed off about this comment, but the timing of this latest ankle injury (perhaps even having surgery and being out 2 months) looks a little bad also. I don't doubt he's hurting a bit. But this coming to a head right after he made some comments about his role on the team makes it smell like a way of punishing Isiah, a way of avoiding losing, a way of saying he doesn't like his role on the team etc.....

We'll get more info in a few days, but I think you can at least understand why some people might be skeptical about the motivations and wonder whether this couldn't wait if he decides to have surgery right away.
    Man who gives a F*ck at this point, this aint a F*ckin team. He aint leavin no team hes leaving a dysfunctional group of players. I think and I hope this is the end of it for him. Id like to see him get bought out and go to a team like Atlanta.

Originally Posted by thekidd13
    lmao word yo he fites like a lil kid...in my skool thats how they be fitting swinging everywhere hoping 2 hit him in the face
    and those people almost always get there ass knocked the F*ck out

yeah man don't f*ck wit kimbo lol

Veteran

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    You argue that Marbury haters speculate that he is a cancer and that he causes problems in the locker room.

Then I refute that argument with facts involving players that have publically stated their dislike for Marbury.

Then you speculate that those players are jealous of Marbury's treatment and their opinion doesn't count because they are not all-stars.

Illogical.
    Classic!!!

Veteran

Nyk Logo Ok back to hoops

You guys are missing the point. We had our biggest win of the season with Steph no where near the court. What does that tell you??? Steph will do the Knicks a big favor by shutting himself down for the rest of the season. Mark the date and our 10-26 record down. There are 46 games still left in the season and we could still make the playoffs. Playoffs, you wanna talk about playoffs??? That's right with Selfish Steph out of the way this team will have a chance to really develop. One thing Isiah did was stockpile talent and this team has plenty of guys to handle the rock so Steph won't be missed there. I thought it was a beautiful thing to watch Jamal bringing the ball up the other night and I think we ALL would agree that Nate Robb needs more minutes. We have recently seen big nights from Eddy and Zach so our front court is tight and the young energy squad of Lee and Balkman are bring "D" back to the Garden. We might be a shooter away from really doin' something unless "Q" wants the job. Otherwise somebody call Allen Houston. Thank you Selfish Steph for being the quitter that you are. The rest of the team voted a long time ago and they don't want to play with you. Do what you do best: Take your ball and GO HOME!!!

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    You guys are missing the point. We had our biggest win of the season with Steph no where near the court. What does that tell you??? Steph will do the Knicks a big favor by shutting himself down for the rest of the season. Mark the date and our 10-26 record down. There are 46 games still left in the season and we could still make the playoffs. Playoffs, you wanna talk about playoffs??? That's right with Selfish Steph out of the way this team will have a chance to really develop. One thing Isiah did was stockpile talent and this team has plenty of guys to handle the rock so Steph won't be missed there. I thought it was a beautiful thing to watch Jamal bringing the ball up the other night and I think we ALL would agree that Nate Robb needs more minutes. We have recently seen big nights from Eddy and Zach so our front court is tight and the young energy squad of Lee and Balkman are bring "D" back to the Garden. We might be a shooter away from really doin' something unless "Q" wants the job. Otherwise somebody call Allen Houston. Thank you Selfish Steph for being the quitter that you are. The rest of the team voted a long time ago and they don't want to play with you. Do what you do best: Take your ball and GO HOME!!!
    Worst post of the year so far

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by abcd
    Let me ask you something, the Knicks have been struggling for the last 5+ years. Do you think this is due to the players lack of afford and talent or the lack of development by the coaching staff? I know your still on the slow bus so I'll help you out with this one. The most plausible answer is probably a little of both. Numerous sources have stated that Chicago does not know what to do with or how to develop centers and forwards. They are a guard driven team. So a kid with no college ball experience went to a team that does not know how to develop him and was then traded to a team that does not know how to develop him. I only jumped on the trade Curry bandwagon when he seemed to loose interest in playing. I still believe Curry will be a force in the paint consistently but may be not for this team.

Bringing in Randolph seemed like a good idea at the time. It was great way to move Francis out but it also exposed Curry's already existing weaknesses, which weren't an issue when he consistently scored 18 pts 7 rebounds. All any one said was 'he should get more rebounds'. Lots of players don't play defense but when you've got no defensive players down low you've got a serious problem on your hands. That's what the Knicks are experiencing now. I'd love for the Curry/Randolph tandem work and not have to trade any one (in the front court) but in reality it isn't working and one of them may have to go.