Who should be the starters?

We've had a revolving door of starters, usually utilizing the least effective players on the team. i think this should be the starting line-up, but i'd like to hear what other line-ups people have.

Robinson
Crawford
Richardson
Randolph
Lee

2nd unit:
jones
chandler
balkman
rose
curry

I feel that this group of starters will play solid defense, rebound, run the fast break, raandolph and crawford can score in the half-court offense. randolph and lee compliment each other very well, though that will be an undersized front court they can play with anybody (did anyone see the houston game where these two worked very effectively at times doubling yao. ignore the fact that he finished with 34 and 12, or whatever it was). Although i'm kind of on the fence about richardson, his attitude has been questionable, as well as his commitment to winning. i see him doing more pouting than anything else. and Balkman plays better defense. plus Richardson's offense is no where near what it used to be.
Curry is a liability on defense every time, and the team becomes to one-dimensional on offense when he's on the floor, however he can still be an effective scorer, so i don't think we should get rid of him.
I also think that Marbury, Jeffries, and James should be told to just stay home. i feel that those three players do not contribute positively to this team. The knicks clearly play better when marbury is not on the floor. without him the ball works itself around the floor much easier in a fashion that almost resembles a real basketball team. jeffries is a joke, his defense is lackluster, his shooting is so-so. he's slow. an overall terrible fit for this team.

with that group of starters you have defense, rebounding, shooting, a post-up game, a team that executes very well in the fast break. true there isn't a real shot blocker, but it's not like there's one to choose from. plus i can think of a lot of great teams that never had one. But hit me back with your thoughts on my line-up and maybe a line-up of your own.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The starting lineup I would use is:
PG-Nate Robinson
SG-Jamal Crawford
SF-Wilson Chandler
PF-Zach Randolph
C-David Lee

I think this lineup is good, because it rewards Nate Robinson and David Lee for their good play.Wilson Chandler is the best jump shooting small forward we have, so it would be good to have him.Zach Randolph is our best rebounder,so he could help the Knicks get to a good start in games, too.
Nate Robinson and Crawford also have good chemistry, so they could each score in bunches as a tandem.

Bench: Fred Jones,Renaldo Balkman,Jared Jeffries,Eddy Curry*
I would insert Curry back to the starting lineup, once he gets in shape.

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I dont understand why I dont see Renaldo Balkman in anyones Fave Five except for mine... Balkmans got the hustle...

Wilson Chandler, you can see in the game against the Pistons he had some really rookie type moves hes gotta learn.. Balkman was driving open spot for a pass and he didn't pass it to him...

metrocard

Legend
Collins
Robinson
Chandler
Balkman
Lee

As long as Crawful the Clown, Eddy the Elephant and Fat Zach are limited to their minutes, we'll see more success.

GetRealistic

Starter
Nate
Jones
Crawford
Lee
Curry

I know it makes us undersized, but we seem to play are best in 3 guard lineups. And trust me i know theres no defense in that lineup, but lets face it we don't play any defense anyway.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I dont understand why I dont see Renaldo Balkman in anyones Fave Five except for mine... Balkmans got the hustle...

Wilson Chandler, you can see in the game against the Pistons he had some really rookie type moves hes gotta learn.. Balkman was driving open spot for a pass and he didn't pass it to him...
I agree. Balkman deserves to start. I only picked Chandler, because he's a rookie, and he deserves a chance to play.With all the garbage minutes he's getting, there is no way he will be able to improve his game.

Nate
Jamal
Chandler
Lee
Fat Ass

I think we really have to start Jamal at the 2-cuz him and nate are our best scorers. And with chandler-i wanna see him start cuz he looks like hes got more game then Q and jefferies. And by now, being a rookie isnt really as big a factor, he practices every day-hes with the team every day, hes been in the nba for a few months, hes been around all the guys, so i dont think it should be that big a deal.

nyKnicks126

wit lee and nate starting, where will the energy off the bench come from?

Thats why we trade JAMAL AND THEM SCRUBS for someone with that spark off the bench. Cause Jamal aint no SPARK, neither is Q RIch...

Sparks are Anderson Vaerjao(CAVS)... Sean Williams (NETS), etc.

I am sure there are some teams willing to give them up for Jamal.. maybe..

eastlinykfan

Benchwarmer
wit lee and nate starting, where will the energy off the bench come from?

Dude, I hear what you are saying, but after every first quarter, we are lucky just to be within 5-6 points of the other team. Why can't we start off strong and have our supposed "starters" play with the other teams scrubs? It is worth a try.

Thats why we trade JAMAL AND THEM SCRUBS for someone with that spark off the bench. Cause Jamal aint no SPARK, neither is Q RIch...

Sparks are Anderson Vaerjao(CAVS)... Sean Williams (NETS), etc.

I am sure there are some teams willing to give them up for Jamal.. maybe..
if we wanted verajao, we would have to wate 3 months after he signed a contract so we would have to wate, and for williams, its really hard to pull off a trade cuzza the knicks payroll. I tried that espn trade machine and it was Jamal and Randolph Morris for Williams and Jason Collins-and that was the only real money/reality trade that worked.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=987~3239~165~3179&teams=18~18~17~17&te=&cash=

nyKnicks126

There could be a three team trade as well. It might be harder to pull off but its still a pretty effective way of trading, you don't see it often..

CoolClyde

Start Nate and D-Lee

Z-Bo
Curry Sauce
D-Lee
Starbury
Nate

Nate and D Lee are getting props from the man himself, Cool Clyde, on MSG. Clyde knows that the current lineup is NOT HAPPENING, he wants change, he loves Nate and D-Lee!

The one drawback I've been reading about re starting Nate and D Lee, is the question of who will provide the spark off the bench...

Since when do you keep your best players on the bench to provide a spark for the starters who can't score or defend?

Start your best players! Is Jefferies better than D-Lee?
Is Q better than Nate? Is Crawford more consistent than Nate as far as shooting and assists? I say NO!

Bench power: Crawford, Balkmania, Q Rich, Jefferies, Chandler

swish

Rookie
Z-Bo
Curry Sauce
D-Lee
Starbury
Nate

Nate and D Lee are getting props from the man himself, Cool Clyde, on MSG. Clyde knows that the current lineup is NOT HAPPENING, he wants change, he loves Nate and D-Lee!

The one drawback I've been reading about re starting Nate and D Lee, is the question of who will provide the spark off the bench...

Since when do you keep your best players on the bench to provide a spark for the starters who can't score or defend?

Start your best players! Is Jefferies better than D-Lee?
Is Q better than Nate? Is Crawford more consistent than Nate as far as shooting and assists? I say NO!

Bench power: Crawford, Balkmania, Q Rich, Jefferies, Chandler

then I dont know how you wouldnt have Crawford starting ? we just dont have the wing depth to move him to where he should be until we find something and thats point guard .

Crawfords numbers as a pg this season have been outstanding as well as his defense at that position.

Curry
Randolph
Jefferies
Jones
Crawford

with all the rest of the minutes I can get them going to Balkman,Lee,and nate

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
then I dont know how you wouldnt have Crawford starting ? we just dont have the wing depth to move him to where he should be until we find something and thats point guard .

Crawfords numbers as a pg this season have been outstanding as well as his defense at that position.

Curry
Randolph
Jefferies
Jones
Crawford

with all the rest of the minutes I can get them going to Balkman,Lee,and nate

lol @ Crawfords defense, how about this

Nate R
Fred Jones
Balkman
Lee
Randolph

Not alot of options with Starbury out of the picture but I say give Nate the starting job and lets see how he does.

swish

Rookie
lol @ Crawfords defense, how about this

Nate R
Fred Jones
Balkman
Lee
Randolph

Not alot of options with Starbury out of the picture but I say give Nate the starting job and lets see how he does.

well Crawfords defense at the pg position is better than marburys defense and Nate's defense at the pg position since marburys strength allows him to guard sg's better.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Crawfords defense as a point guard and a shooting guard is worse then any other starters in the league. He cant keep anyone in front of him, I wouldnt be suprised if Dan Dickau crossed him over.