Salary: $990,600 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 9.7 REB: 8.0 AST: 0.9 PER: 17.12

Outgoing Players: Josh Smith New York Knicks

Incoming Players
Josh Smith
Salary: $2,243,543 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 18.2 REB: 7.8 AST: 3.3 PER: 20.64

Outgoing Players: Renaldo Balkman, David Lee

Great, another trade for a talented, underachieving player who has no idea how to play the game and will be making millions once he gets a contract extension.

metrocard

Legend
Underachieving? Damn, you dont watch basketball at all.

lmao, what an ass. Josh Smith is like one of the best shot blockers and athletes in the NBA. I never knew 18ppg/8reb/2 stls/3 blks at the age of 22 was "underachieving".

Anyway back to topic, I'm using my idea from the BLOW IT THE F*CK UP thread. Like I said, my plan is to get under the cap and get rid of the players that hurt us by obtaining expiring contracts.

3407.jpg

Jamal Crawford

For

3262.jpg

Pat Garrity
Salary: $3,818,750 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 2.3 REB: 2.0 AST: 0.6 PER: 0.22
3585.jpg

Carlos Arroyo
Salary: $4,000,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 6.3 REB: 1.9 AST: 3.7 PER: 14.31

Two expiring contracts.

Its really hard trying to get rid of Curry/Randolph/Richardson...I'll think of something later.

lmao, what an ass. Josh Smith is like one of the best shot blockers and athletes in the NBA. I never knew 18ppg/8reb/2 stls/3 blks at the age of 22 was "underachieving".

Anyway back to topic, I'm using my idea from the BLOW IT THE F*CK UP thread. Like I said, my plan is to get under the cap and get rid of the players that hurt us by obtaining expiring contracts.

3407.jpg

Jamal Crawford

For

3262.jpg

Pat Garrity
Salary: $3,818,750 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 2.3 REB: 2.0 AST: 0.6 PER: 0.22
3585.jpg

Carlos Arroyo
Salary: $4,000,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 6.3 REB: 1.9 AST: 3.7 PER: 14.31

Two expiring contracts.

Its really hard trying to get rid of Curry/Randolph/Richardson...I'll think of something later.

Again with the #s. It makes me wonder whether you two watch the games. Josh Smith has all the talent in the world but has no clue how to play the game. He hogs the ball, takes bad shots, attempts 3 pointers even though he can't shoot, turns the ball over almost as much as Eddy Curry, blocks shots but the rest of his d is suspect and has a questionable attitude. Given his talent he should be better then he is and that is why he's been an underachiever.

Do you guys really want another young, unproven player, with a low basketball iq, that's never won anything and has a questionable attitude plus a fat contract on this team? If we didn't have a roster full of players like that I'd say sure lets do it but shit I'm tired of seeing garbage on the court.

As far as your trade goes believe it or not I think you may be able to get more for Crawford because he can score and is the only guy on the team besides Lee and Malik Rose that is considered around the league to be a 'good character' guy.

metrocard

Legend
He's 22.
He was the 17th overall pick, not even a lottery pick.
How is he "underachieving" when he's still young and was never drafted that high? You're acting like he's suppose to be the next Lebron.
Stop being an ignorant monkey and be understanding. Ignoring the numbers isn't going to help your arguement, why do you get mad when I post numbers that aren't to your favor? Maybe you should considering agreeing with the facts for once. I do watch the games because Al Horford a fellow Dominican is a player I watch a lot and Josh Smith is one of my favorite athletes in the NBA. Josh Smith is putting up awesome numbers and once his game matures he'll be an all star candidate every season. He's basically averaging 18 ppg without a consistent jumpshot. Imagine what happends when he gets everything together. He's IMPROVING each SEASON which means he has a good work ethic and will continue to improve till he reaches his ceiling which is a HIGH one.

Unproven? Underachieving? Were Crawford and Curry playing like Josh Smith before they came to the Knicks? No. Crawford and Curry already reached their ceiling, they never really improved as players, especially at the pace of a Josh Smith(this time since you cry like a bitch when I post stats, I'll let you go to Josh Smith's page and see his progression, thats your homework for tonight)

Too funny, you think Josh Smith is an underachieving but believe Crawford has value. I think at this point you're trying really hard to be the shit stain of the forum and say some whacky things. Crawford isn't that good to begin with, that deal is all to our favor to help us with the cap. It doesn't really matter if we get your "value" of Crawford anyway, dropping Crawford nothing would be BEST and OPTIMAL for this team. Fuck a good character guy, he stinks on the court, he needs to get off the team, atleast demade a trade for the sake of New York.

He's 22.
He was the 17th overall pick, not even a lottery pick.
How is he "underachieving" when he's still young and was never drafted that high? You're acting like he's suppose to be the next Lebron.
Stop being an ignorant monkey and be understanding. Ignoring the numbers isn't going to help your arguement, why do you get mad when I post numbers that aren't to your favor? Maybe you should considering agreeing with the facts for once. I do watch the games because Al Horford a fellow Dominican is a player I watch a lot and Josh Smith is one of my favorite athletes in the NBA. Josh Smith is putting up awesome numbers and once his game matures he'll be an all star candidate every season. He's basically averaging 18 ppg without a consistent jumpshot. Imagine what happends when he gets everything together. He's IMPROVING each SEASON which means he has a good work ethic and will continue to improve till he reaches his ceiling which is a HIGH one.

Unproven? Underachieving? Were Crawford and Curry playing like Josh Smith before they came to the Knicks? No. Crawford and Curry already reached their ceiling, they never really improved as players, especially at the pace of a Josh Smith(this time since you cry like a bitch when I post stats, I'll let you go to Josh Smith's page and see his progression, thats your homework for tonight)

Too funny, you think Josh Smith is an underachieving but believe Crawford has value. I think at this point you're trying really hard to be the shit stain of the forum and say some whacky things. Crawford isn't that good to begin with, that deal is all to our favor to help us with the cap. It doesn't really matter if we get your "value" of Crawford anyway, dropping Crawford nothing would be BEST and OPTIMAL for this team. Fuck a good character guy, he stinks on the court, he needs to get off the team, atleast demade a trade for the sake of New York.

hahaha Your analysis of basketball players makes Isiah look intelligent, shrewd and savvy. First of all I said you could get more for Crawford then a backup point and a 10th man. I do not value him more then Josh Smith.

Draft position does not determine whether a player is an underachiever in his career. Talent does. For example Joe Smith (ahead of players like KG and Sheed) was selected number one and has been a solid player who plays hard every night. Was he worthy of a number one pick? No. But nobody has ever called him an underachiever.

Before you obnoxiously point out, in the ignorant caveman style that you tend to do, that if Josh Smith was so talented, then why was he selected 17? Let me explain that first of all anybody who has the gift of vision can see how talented Smith is by watching less then 5 minutes of an Atlanta Hawk game. If you fail to get that point then let me continue by saying that high school players (besides Lebron) who weren't centers (Curry, Brown, Howard,Chandler) have historically been selected low in the draft because they are considered to be much more of a gamble. Where as if you're right about a big man being great it's a ticket to a decade full of championship contention if not nba titles.

What I love about you and your buddy msg is that you don't respond to anything I write. All you keep doing is giving stats, repeating yourselves and attempting to be funny by insulting my intelligence. It's really quite silly.

Now do me a solid and just this once directly respond to something I wrote earlier...
'Josh Smith has all the talent in the world but has no clue how to play the game. He hogs the ball, takes bad shots, attempts 3 pointers even though he can't shoot, turns the ball over almost as much as Eddy Curry, blocks shots but the rest of his d is suspect and has a questionable attitude.'

I think you mentioned something about watching a lot of hawks games because you want to be Al Horford's waterboy when you grow up or was it because ya'll worked at the same dominican/chinese food place back in high school. I dunno, either way you should be able to respond directly to that. Thanx in advance :peace:

Some articles on Josh Smith...

From Atlanta Journal Constitution
April 10, 2007

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/hawks/entries/2007/04/10/cant_we_all_jus.html

Can’t we all just get along?

By Sekou K Smith | Tuesday, April 10, 2007, 03:05 PM
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Of all the interesting things we could be discussing today, we’re stuck with another Hawks mini-drama.
While I’d love to yap about Don Imus and his ridiculously stupid comments about the Rutgers women’s basketball team, I’ve got nothing but Josh Smith and Mike Woodson going (bleep) for (bleep) on each other Sunday night.
We could be here rehashing what everyone I know has told me was one of the better 24 episodes ever (I missed it but thank Crom for TiVo), but instead this day will be spent dispelling rumors and assorted other urban legends.
I’d love to spar with you about the merits of Greg Oden over Kevin Durant in the June draft (rumors are swirling about both of these future stars declaring for the draft as early as this week), yet we’ve got to clear up this mess that has become these Hawks once again.
Can’t we all just get along? (Rodney King on ya!)
I said the other day and I’ll say it again, there is no excuse (and I mean NO EXCUSE) for Smith blasting off on his coach the way he did. Whatever argument anyone makes about Woodson’s inability to coach or manage games or players properly is useless. There’s simply no excuse for a player handling himself the way Smith did (he’s admitted that to me repeatedly, on and off the record, which makes it tough to understand why so many here are making a case for his tirade?).
If it’s not acceptable for Terrell Owens or any other athlete to publicly jaw-jack his coach, then how in the world can anyone justify what Smith did?
All that said, I don’t know if there is a more ridiculous reaction than the one that comes from afar. I’ve read all sorts of stories and blog entries regarding what went on Sunday night (funny, I don’t remember seeing anyone else around reporting what went on …) and the fallout has been nothing short of comedic.
Some of the foolishness will be addressed in Wednesday’s print edition of the paper. Some other things can’t wait.
In the what is perhaps the funniest line I’ve read in, um, forever, a noted New York Post columnist wrote this: - Last year, Smith’s belligerence got so out of hand, I’m told, Zaza Pachulia pinned him to the Hawks’ locker room wall after a game. “Talk to me like you just did on the court,” the 6-foot-11, 250-pound Georgian warned, in essence, “and you’ll miss the rest of your career.”
I don’t know who told that version what happened (Pachulia uttered words along those lines, but across a crowded locker room and not directly at Smith), but they’ve got a future in storytelling. The next time Zaza has someone pinned up against a wall or anything else, on or off the court, will be the first time. I can promise you that this scene never took place (it sounds darn good though. And if I didn’t know better I’d be willing to drink some of that Kool-Aid with you).
The fact is, part of the reason Smith acted out the way he did is because there is no culture of peer accountability that exists in the Hawks’ locker room. Not one of his teammates got in his face Sunday night, like I would have to not only to help squash an ugly situation but to help a teammate save himself from an embarrassing situation (and some serious cash money). One of my main gripes about this team from the first day I set foot in the locker room is that these guys (every incarnation they’ve had since I’ve been around), is that they don’t police each other enough. To me, that’s one of this team’s greatest flaws (and we all know they have plenty).
I’ve written it here before, there has not been a single, live face off between Hawks since I started covering this crew nearly three years ago. So if there was a real mess going on, please believe that it would be reported here in all its glorious detail.
But when you clown the way some of these young Hawks have the past three years, you open the door for all sorts of embellishments about what actually happened

From the Detroit News

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071112/SPORTS0102/711120380/1127

Monday, November 12, 2007
Slam dunks

Smith's attitude isn't helping the Hawks

Chris McCosky / The Detroit News

• The Atlanta Hawks appear to be a team on the rise, but I fear there is one issue -- one player, actually -- who could torpedo their ascent. Josh Smith . He may be one of their most talented young athletes, but he's also showing signs of being the most immature, as well. During the Hawks game against the Pistons, he was yelling at teammate Tyronn Lue because he wasn't passing him the ball enough. He yelled at coach Mike Woodson to get Lue out of the game and had to be restrained by coaches and teammates. When he did get the ball, he often broke plays to get off his own shot. Then, after playing terribly most of the game, he was given a gift of three free throws (on a debatable call against Rasheed Wallace ). After he made the free throws, which only tied the game, he gave the Pistons' bench the stink-eye, as if he did something heroic. The Pistons won the game on the ensuing possession. Smith, an unrestricted free agent in July, is playing for a contract and not necessarily to help the Hawks win games. That is a dangerous element on a young team.

From All Hip Hop.com
http://allhiphop.com/stories/lifestylesports/archive/2008/01/08/19104779.aspx

By Gerald Narciso Jan 8,2008

I remember watching the 2004 NBA Draft when the Atlanta Hawks made Josh Smith their first round pick. One of the announcers (I think it was Jay Billis) said that out of all the high school players in the draft, he was the most likely to be a bust.

Despite being an incredible athlete who could dunk like a young Dominique Wilkins, they said he had a “questionable” attitude and that he was lazy.
<o> </o>
And I agreed.
<o></o>
I covered the 2005 Rocky Mountain Revue for Hoopshype.com and wrote at the time:
<o></o>
“Josh Smith wowed the crowd with blocks and several monster dunks. He also had the crowd laughing a bit with his casual demeanor on the court. There were many times when Smith would just lightly jog during games, displaying a very questionable attitude.”
<o></o>
It seemed like Josh was destined to join the list of high school busts like Leon Smith, Korleone Young, James Lang and Ndudi Ebi. But here we are in 2008, and Smith is not only still in the league, but is quickly developing into one a special player. This season, Smith is throwing up monster numbers, averaging 17.9 points, 8 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 1.9 steals [11<sup>th</sup> in the league] and 3.2 blocks per game which is second best in the NBA. Last November, Smith torched Milwaukee for 38 and put up 34 on the Nets last Saturday night. He has blocked five or more shots in a game, nine times.
<o></o>
Smith’s talent has never been questioned. By the time he left high school powerhouse Oak Hill Academy, he had an NBA-ready body. On offense he could slash to the basket with ease and could finish a fast break with an assortment of dunks. He also used his quickness on the defensive end. Josh could play passing lanes and had a knack for blocking the ball. But it was his attitude, maturity and work ethic that was put on trial.

From what I have seen this year, Josh has been playing hard every possession – something you wouldn’t have seen two years ago. It’s apparent that he is serious about winning now and is proving he is more than a slam dunk champion. If he works on his shooting [particularly from the three-point line] and cuts down his turnovers, he will be a top forward.
<o></o>
The Hawks are hovering around .500 ball – which is actually an accomplishment for them. While the team centers around Joe Johnson’s scoring, Smith may be the team’s most valuable player. Extremely versatile and athletic, the 6-9 swingman has a chance to develop into a Shawn Marion-esque player. No disrespect to Speedy Claxton or Tyronn Lue, but if Smith gets a chance to play with an elite point guard some day, you will see him take his game up another notch considering the way he runs the floor.<o></o>
It won’t be long until Josh Smith gets his shine and will be recognized as a top-level talent. Unlike the last time I made a prediction on him, I think I’ll be right this time around

The last article is the most recent but remember this is his contract year. Do you really want to break the bank and sign this kid to a long term deal?

What's going on pplz...new to the forum...this is just something i managed to put together...just imagine

This Trade Succeeded! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.
lal.gif
Los Angeles Lakers

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
4301.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Wilson Chandler
Salary: $1,091,640 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 3.3 REB: 1.6 AST: 0.4 PER: 9.90

</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
4157.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Mardy Collins
Salary: $967,320 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 1.6 REB: 1.4 AST: 1.2 PER: 2.02

4148.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Renaldo Balkman
Salary: $1,280,640 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 2.8 REB: 2.8 AST: 0.5 PER: 10.70

3609.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Jared Jeffries
Salary: $5,632,200 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 2.7 REB: 2.9 AST: 0.7 PER: 7.45

3134.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Malik Rose
Salary: $7,101,250 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 1.8 REB: 2.0 AST: 0.4 PER: -1.34

3099.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Stephon Marbury
Salary: $19,012,500 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 13.9 REB: 2.5 AST: 4.7 PER: 14.57

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Outgoing Players: Lamar Odom, Kobe Bryant, Jordan Farmar
nyk.gif
New York Knicks

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
3327.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Lamar Odom
Salary: $13,248,596 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 13.3 REB: 9.3 AST: 2.7 PER: 13.75

3118.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Kobe Bryant
Salary: $19,490,625 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 27.6 REB: 5.8 AST: 5.0 PER: 24.98
No-Trade Clause Cannot trade this player without receiving his consent. Only a player with at least 8 years of NBA experience, including at least 4 years with the team he is signing with, is eligible to negotiate a no-trade clause into his contract.

4154.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Jordan Farmar
Salary: $1,009,560 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 9.4 REB: 2.4 AST: 2.8 PER: 16.79

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Outgoing Players: Wilson Chandler, Mardy Collins, Renaldo Balkman, Jared Jeffries, Malik Rose, Stephon Marbury

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
lol at crawford for arroyo and garrity, probably trade marbury for arroyo, arroyo always outplays stephon when they go head to head

metrocard

Legend
Jamal Crawford was traded for Chris Mihm when he was drafted, Mihm is a 3rd string center. Then to New York, he was traded for Frank Williams, Othella Harrington(two guys who aren't even in the NBA) and a back up center in Mutumbo. That was the season he averaged 17 ppg, he's not that much different now. So where do you get that Crawford has this high trade value? You're not showing anything that proves it otherwise, except your lame ass opinion no one reads.

Do I need to slap you for you to understand Josh Smith is one of the best 22 year old players in the NBA? Getting him would be a completely upgrade, he would be the best player on this team, especially with his all around game that hasn't even reached potential yet. You arguing this to take heat off Jamal is really bizzare, you're a weird guy with the weirdest opinions. You don't like Curry, but like Jamal, but hate Josh Smith...lmao what a contradictions. Did Josh Smith dunk on your mother, what happend to you man? This post seems mostly a personal vendetta against J-Smooth...damn you seem really mad, you couldn't even answer back to my points, you just went on a bitch rant for nothing.

Look bald pendejo, you stated that Josh Smith is very talented and is "underachieving", I replied back how is an 18/8/2/3 (playing like Shawn Marion) player underachieving when he was selected at 17(was still considered to be a bust) and overachieved expectations? Comprehend that, its a fact, stop being completely oblivious to everything. Statically he's on point.

Top 20 NBA Forwards

Position Summary FORWARDS
The forward position isn't what it used to be (unless you count F/C's like Tim Duncan, Jermaine O'Neal, Chris Bosh, etc). After the top 6 or 7, things get a little risky and the fantasy value drops off quite a bit.

1. LeBron James CLE
The safest, best choice.

2. Dirk Nowitzki DAL
Going to try for back-to-back MVP's like his buddy Nash?

3. Shawn Marion PHO
We believe Marion gets virtually no credit for his role in the Suns success. By the numbers, he has consistently been the best player on the team.

4. Kevin Garnett BOS
5 straight seasons over 50 fantasy points per game and 8 straight over 48. And it may not yet be time to bet against the trend.

5. Carmelo Anthony DEN
It should be a great year for the Nuggets and even though the team is so deep and talented, if nothing else 'Melo is a solid bet for consistent fantasy points.

6. Tracy McGrady: HOU
We hope he's not ready to just fade away yet. When's the MVP season Tracy? Your not over yet are you?

7. Josh Smith: ATL
Smith is turning into the next Shawn Marion-- a fantasy shark in multiple categories.

I don't agree with this ranking realistically, but it shows you Josh Smith potential being that ranked that high, he's capable of doing a lot of things. I don't agree with you, especially someone fat as Curry like you who tells an athlete he doesn't know how to play the "game", stfu and stop repeating that. Josh Smith needs to mature, I agree; but he's definitely not underachieving, he has improved each season. He's one of the most exciting players to watch in the NBA today and in a year or two will a NBA all star for the rest of his career, book it. What do you want him to average? 30ppg 10 rebounds 5 blocks? You're too foolish to even continue talking about this. You take one statement and totally go bizzare with it, never making any sense.

Right, someone named "Eddy Curry House Special" who watches more Atlanta Hawks games than anyone in the world, so he would obviously know what he's talking about.

This dude goes to all hip hop for his basketball articles, no wonder why he's foolish with his post. Mad lols @ him.

lol at crawford for arroyo and garrity, probably trade marbury for arroyo, arroyo always outplays stephon when they go head to head

You bugging. The trade is for cap space, Garrity and Arroyo will be free agents next season.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Wow Im not sure if Id even trade Lee and Balkman for Josh Smith but I was just throwin that out there to see what people say. Currys House Special looked at it as an oppertunity to get some revenge from when he was Kimbo Sliced yesterday afternoon. All hes doin is makin a fool out of himself Josh Smith has been a beast this year. Im not really takin this fool seriously at; this point hes lost almost all his credentials and I liked him at first.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Underachieving? Damn, you dont watch basketball at all.

lol yeah that kid Eddys House Special doesn't know what he is talkin about.

Josh Smith is such a great defender and he can block well for a small forward...

That was a great trade you made!

PLEASE dont be hatin on Smith. He is just a great player... So much energy!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
lol yeah that kid Eddys House Special doesn't know what he is talkin about.

Josh Smith is such a great defender and he can block well for a small forward...

That was a great trade you made!

PLEASE dont be hatin on Smith. He is just a great player... So much energy!

Im not sure how anyone could argue against a player whos young and averages 3.2 blocks per game. Hes had three 30+ performance so far this season including 2 in the last 4 games. We need to get two smiths, Josh and JR.