ESPN Trade Machine

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
wow 2 smiths here man...what a team...both athletic and man they can go up 4 a dunk...exiting basketball 4 once i mean who in the knicks is? just shoot and thats it...and they can score and Josh can Block =D

Im not sure how anyone could argue against a player whos young and averages 3.2 blocks per game. Hes had three 30+ performance so far this season including 2 in the last 4 games. We need to get two smiths, Josh and JR.

I never argued against bringing him here. I've argued against giving another fat contract to yet another player who doesn't know how to play the team game and has an attitude problem.

Jamal Crawford was traded for Chris Mihm when he was drafted, Mihm is a 3rd string center. Then to New York, he was traded for Frank Williams, Othella Harrington(two guys who aren't even in the NBA) and a back up center in Mutumbo. That was the season he averaged 17 ppg, he's not that much different now. So where do you get that Crawford has this high trade value? You're not showing anything that proves it otherwise, except your lame ass opinion no one reads.

Dude you make it sound like Chris Mihm was a 3rd string center at the time of the draft and not the truth which is up until about a month before that draft he was rumored as potentially going number one overall. For the recordMihm was much better then a third stringer but injuries have clearly taken their toll on him and he's a shell of what he once was. Furthermore when did who a guy gets traded for in the past determine how good he is or how much value he has now? Allen Iverson who's a hall of famer and still a top 15 player if not top 10 player in this league was traded for a fat Andre Miller and a bag of balls. Caron Butler who is about to make the all star team for the second straight season was traded for Kwame Brown. I am not a Crawford fan. However, I do believe you could get more for him then a backup point and a 10th man. That's all. Regardless this is a discussion not worth having anyway because we both know he's not going anywhere.

Do I need to slap you for you to understand Josh Smith is one of the best 22 year old players in the NBA? Getting him would be a completely upgrade, he would be the best player on this team, especially with his all around game that hasn't even reached potential yet. You arguing this to take heat off Jamal is really bizzare, you're a weird guy with the weirdest opinions. You don't like Curry, but like Jamal, but hate Josh Smith...lmao what a contradictions. Did Josh Smith dunk on your mother, what happend to you man? This post seems mostly a personal vendetta against J-Smooth...damn you seem really mad, you couldn't even answer back to my points, you just went on a bitch rant for nothing.

Look bald pendejo, you stated that Josh Smith is very talented and is "underachieving", I replied back how is an 18/8/2/3 (playing like Shawn Marion) player underachieving when he was selected at 17(was still considered to be a bust) and overachieved expectations? Comprehend that, its a fact, stop being completely oblivious to everything. Statically he's on point.

First of all the Crawford and Smith discussions were two separate ones. One has nothing to do with the other.

Josh went #17 in the draft not because anyone thought he didn't have lottery talent. He dropped that low because there were serious questions about his attitude which there still are which since you said he needs to 'mature' I assume you agree with me on.

I agree he has the potential to be a perennial all star quite possibly a top 10 player in the NBA. However he is a gamble and as a knick fan I'm tired of gambling on players who's effort and attitude throughout his career hasve been consistently questioned (see articles i posted).

Again you totally disregard everything I write please answer these questions I have for you...

Does Josh Smith take bad shots, hog the ball and take 3pointers when he can't shoot threes?

Doesn't he turn the ball over almost as much as Eddy Curry?

He blocks shots but isn't his on the ball defending as well as overall defense extremely suspect?

Just because a guy blocks shots it doesn't make him a great defender. For example Shaq always would get his fair of blocks but throughout his career, with the exception of a few playoff runs, he has been a dog defensively. Yao and Amare Stoudemire also get a lot of blocks but neither will be mistaken for Bill Russell anytime soon.

I called Smith underachieving because he's a guy that with his abilities, should be shooting for a much higher percentage (currently 43.9 %), should be on either the first or second team all nba defense and should be turning the ball over a helluva a lot less (currently 3.3 pg). If you look at his career numbers he hasn't improved in any of these categories which indicates to me that despite being a young veteran now he still doesn't 'think' the game very well.

Add to all that his very questionable attitude and do you really want to hand him a massive contract this summer and add him to this virus of a Knick team we have now? If these were the knicks of Van Gundy, Grunfeld and Checketts I'd drive Josh Smith to New York myself. But this is 2008 and these are the knicks of Dolan and Isiah :barf:

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
JR smith playig alongside nate robinson. That would be ironic! but i do agree hes got talent and heart. Crawford for JR. As for josh smith, hawks are nver going to trade him for any of our plyers. hes a key member of the hawks alongside Joe Johnson (Should be all star)
Dont see much of JR smith, has he got any D?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
JR smith playig alongside nate robinson. That would be ironic! but i do agree hes got talent and heart. Crawford for JR. As for josh smith, hawks are nver going to trade him for any of our plyers. hes a key member of the hawks alongside Joe Johnson (Should be all star)
Dont see much of JR smith, has he got any D?

More D then Crawford but who doesnt? lol I forgot about JR Smith gettin taken down by the smaller Nate Robinson. If I was the Hawks gm it would take a real good offer to get Josh Smith from me no homo.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I hope they do too, come on Q rich is a bum, N RJ has that Energy in him. Also has a big contract, but so does Z Bo... Sean Williams would be a great prospect and or even starter..

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
This Trade Succeeded! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.
Sacramento Kings

Incoming Players
3134.jpg
: Malik Rose
Salary: $7,101,250 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 1.7 REB: 1.9 AST: 0.4 PER: -1.92

3947.jpg

Salary: $1,268,160 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 11.3 REB: 2.8 AST: 2.1 PER: 17.10

3612.jpg

Salary: $3,300,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 6.0 REB: 2.3 AST: 2.2 PER: 10.55

Outgoing Players: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Ron Artest
New York Knicks

Incoming Players

3098.jpg

Salary: $5,800,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 1.7 REB: 1.7 AST: 0.7 PER: 5.77

3339.jpg

Salary: $7,400,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 18.4 REB: 5.9 AST: 4.3 PER: 16.56

Outgoing Players: Malik Rose, Nate Robinson, Fred Jones

Okay here is y trade and my reasoning... Right now Nate is one of our best players, I know this, and I also know that he is a crucial reason we've been playing better the last 10 games or so. However, it is for this reason, that his trade value is probably @ an all time high. And if it wasn't for getting Artest or someone like him, I wouldn't make the trade.

There are a couple of factors that need to pan out to make this trade successful.

1st- Q-Rich needs to continue the play he has been on the last couple of games. If he continues to show that he is for real about coming out of this season long offensive and defensive slump, then we can then move him back to the Shooting Guard position giving the Knicks 2 good perimeter defenders starting the game.

2nd - Marbury has to come back and be ready and willing to accept the Role Nate Robinson is currently in. Be the first guard off the bench, provide good defense and offensive pass the ball efficiently, basically be Marbury of the second half of last season. Though I still believe that Marbury is the most talented player on the team, I believe the way the team is situated, Marbury would be best coming off the bench so as not to mess up the Chemistry that team has now.

3rd - The final factor that would make this trade exceptional is Artest brings a winning and defensive attitude to each team he is on(with the exception of the bulls cuz well the bulls were just shit)... The knicks have only one person on the team right now who has won a play off series and that's Rose, but Rose can't play and show by example. Artest, in my opinion, will light a fire under each player to player better defense and have more confidence that this team can excel.

If these 3 factors play out that way then here is what we will be putting out on the floor every night:

Crawford
Q-Rich
Artest
Randolph
Curry

Marbury Balkman Lee, and either Chandler or Morris taking over Rose's minutes. Abdur-Rahim is a throw in for salary Cap reason, even though i'm sure he still has some skills left, we should either buy him out or just leave him @ the end of the bench..

Thoughts?...

metrocard

Legend
House Special, do you have any idea what you're talking about? I mean like have you even done your research besides being educated with what I posted here? Check it out, because you've been wrong on everything(rereading your post) and you've been proven wrong on everything too, let me break it down for you.

Your weak arguement is: Josh Smith is another Isiah type player: fat long contract, underachiever, bust, overrated, bad attitude, not a team player etc and etc

You said Josh Smith has a fat contract

http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/2/

Josh Smith is actually in the last year of his rookie deal; making him an expiring contract. The only active players on his team who get paid less are Acie Law and Stoudimire. So, you're totally wrong saying Smith has a "fat" contract, where the hell do you get that from?

First you said Josh Smith doesn't know how to play the "game", like you do? Fuck the game, Josh Smith can put up all around numbers and is one of the best athletes in the league, he has IMPROVED each season and has good work ethic. He will only continue improve because of his talent and work ethic. Unlike Crawford and Curry who have terrible work ethic and don't really have a passion for the game and are completely one dimensional with no defense. Now its the "team" game. Oh yeh, add in Smith's attitude problem, as if anything on this team is better than Smith's attitude. I'll take Josh Smith cursing out in the middle of a subway over soft players like Crawford and Curry.

Rumored where? Bring your sources or shut up.

You believe, but can't proven anything, waste of read and time. You contradict yourself embarassly, even if you value Crawford so high and a "back up" PG and 10th man so little, you've stated yourself high value players get traded for a bag of balls. So stfu, stop contradicting and going back and forth with me. We obviously got different values of Crawford, me being more realstic and understanding that Crawford hasn't improved his game since his rookie year in Michigan and will never get any better, he is who he is and people who can't accept that will be the idiot fans of the losing teams Crawford has been on(Bulls and Knicks).

Crawford's numbers in Michigan are no different from what he averages in the NBA as a starter

16 ppg
41% FG
32% 3pt
4 assist
1 stl

Especially he was the rawest guy out of the draft and was still raw in the NBA and still looks raw today. His defense actually got worse, his offensive awareness is still poor, his shot selection has gotten worse, he still plays with the same losing mentality and he isn't the player you want as your starting SG/40 minutes a night/primary perimeter scoring if you want to win games. Anyone who invest in a lot of Crawford will suffer from losing, alot of losing(Knicks and Bulls).

You cry about Marbury, but what the hell has Crawford done? At least Marbury took my team to the playoffs, and his previous teams respectfully to the playoffs(except the short time he spent in Boringsville)

There were questions about his attitude? Are you sure or are you pulling something out of Eddy Curry's ass again?

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/josh_smith.asp

NBA Comparison: Vince Carter (with heart)

Notes: A potential star in the making. Smith has what it takes to make it in the league.

Smith @ 17 was considered a steal, do your research.

http://nbadraft.net/2004draftgrades.asp

"Smith could turn into a steal at 17 if his skills can ever approach his athleticism. He likes to compare himself to Tracy McGrady, but Vince Carter is a much better description. Even the guy who may have had a hand in drafting him (Dominique) is a closer comparison than McGrady."

Who cares if Smith was taking at 17 anyway? Look at who was drafted before him.

Shaun Livingston
Rafeal Araujo
Luke Jackson
Robert Swift
S. Telfair
Kris Humphries
Kirk Synder

Josh Smith is a top 3-5 player from the 2005 draft. Dwight, Deng, Kevin Martin(#26)Smith(#17), Okafor or Jefferson(#15). So stop already, he isn't underachieving especially since you said people "doubted" him and went drafted at 17. How do you underachieve when you're a top 5 player from your draft class and was selected at 17? Your arguement is the worst I've seen in the forum and it has no base behind it. Anything else you reply back with is completely out of desperation and bias.

Devin Harris - huge bust
Livingston - poor work ethic/condition/injury prone
Pavel Podkolzine was selected # 21...he's not even playing basketball anymore. Before you talk about Smith, talk about the real underachievers.

Effort?, he gets better each season and will continue to get better. Your articles are from a Hip Hop site, I cleaned my ass with that garbage. Do you research and learn from legit sources. No one in the NBA is an angel, but you can't deny a young 6"9 230 SF/PF who rebounds, blocks, steals, scores, post up, creates and has potential to be a decent shooter; while improving in all these aspects each season.

Stop acting like Smith is like the players we got the on the roster. Isiah said we were going to go young, but never a legit elite young player like Josh Smith. Just underachieving one dimensional losers like Crawford and Curry. Josh Smith has so many dimensions you have to be profoundly retarded not to want him.

Blocking shots makes you a good defender, not an all around defender, but good.

Who gets mistaken for Bill Russel? I'm starting to think this thread made you retarded. I apologize if I disabled you.

btw, could you stop bolding the most contradicting useless statements? You're running around in circles. I know his weaknesses, everyone in the NBA has their weaknesses. Josh Smith is a B level player, better than anything we have on this team right now, our best player is probably at best a B- level player. Adding him to the roster would piss me off because you already know I want this roster dismantled into pieces, then Josh Smith can come along and do his thing without playing with two soft pussies like Crawford and Curry.

Josh Smith would be a nice piece to add, AFTER we dump all our losers, understand? Its really simple. I don't want Josh Smith to run the franchise, but he would be a great complimentary player like how he is in Atlanta(winning team).

u talking about two players who make 7 million dollars combined, dats really not relief off the cap when u talking about the knicks

Do you pay attention? I said its the start of a plan. You have to have a start for every plan.

House Special, do you have any idea what you're talking about? I mean like have you even done your research besides being educated with what I posted here? Check it out, because you've been wrong on everything(rereading your post) and you've been proven wrong on everything too, let me break it down for you.

Your weak arguement is: Josh Smith is another Isiah type player: fat long contract, underachiever, bust, overrated, bad attitude, not a team player etc and etc

You said Josh Smith has a fat contract

http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/2/

Josh Smith is actually in the last year of his rookie deal; making him an expiring contract. The only active players on his team who get paid less are Acie Law and Stoudimire. So, you're totally wrong saying Smith has a "fat" contract, where the hell do you get that from?

First you said Josh Smith doesn't know how to play the "game", like you do? Fuck the game, Josh Smith can put up all around numbers and is one of the best athletes in the league, he has IMPROVED each season and has good work ethic. He will only continue improve because of his talent and work ethic. Unlike Crawford and Curry who have terrible work ethic and don't really have a passion for the game and are completely one dimensional with no defense. Now its the "team" game. Oh yeh, add in Smith's attitude problem, as if anything on this team is better than Smith's attitude. I'll take Josh Smith cursing out in the middle of a subway over soft players like Crawford and Curry.

Rumored where? Bring your sources or shut up.

You believe, but can't proven anything, waste of read and time. You contradict yourself embarassly, even if you value Crawford so high and a "back up" PG and 10th man so little, you've stated yourself high value players get traded for a bag of balls. So stfu, stop contradicting and going back and forth with me. We obviously got different values of Crawford, me being more realstic and understanding that Crawford hasn't improved his game since his rookie year in Michigan and will never get any better, he is who he is and people who can't accept that will be the idiot fans of the losing teams Crawford has been on(Bulls and Knicks).

Crawford's numbers in Michigan are no different from what he averages in the NBA as a starter

16 ppg
41% FG
32% 3pt
4 assist
1 stl

Especially he was the rawest guy out of the draft and was still raw in the NBA and still looks raw today. His defense actually got worse, his offensive awareness is still poor, his shot selection has gotten worse, he still plays with the same losing mentality and he isn't the player you want as your starting SG/40 minutes a night/primary perimeter scoring if you want to win games. Anyone who invest in a lot of Crawford will suffer from losing, alot of losing(Knicks and Bulls).

You cry about Marbury, but what the hell has Crawford done? At least Marbury took my team to the playoffs, and his previous teams respectfully to the playoffs(except the short time he spent in Boringsville)

There were questions about his attitude? Are you sure or are you pulling something out of Eddy Curry's ass again?

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/josh_smith.asp

NBA Comparison: Vince Carter (with heart)

Notes: A potential star in the making. Smith has what it takes to make it in the league.

Smith @ 17 was considered a steal, do your research.

http://nbadraft.net/2004draftgrades.asp

"Smith could turn into a steal at 17 if his skills can ever approach his athleticism. He likes to compare himself to Tracy McGrady, but Vince Carter is a much better description. Even the guy who may have had a hand in drafting him (Dominique) is a closer comparison than McGrady."

Who cares if Smith was taking at 17 anyway? Look at who was drafted before him.

Shaun Livingston
Rafeal Araujo
Luke Jackson
Robert Swift
S. Telfair
Kris Humphries
Kirk Synder

Josh Smith is a top 3-5 player from the 2005 draft. Dwight, Deng, Kevin Martin(#26)Smith(#17), Okafor or Jefferson(#15). So stop already, he isn't underachieving especially since you said people "doubted" him and went drafted at 17. How do you underachieve when you're a top 5 player from your draft class and was selected at 17? Your arguement is the worst I've seen in the forum and it has no base behind it. Anything else you reply back with is completely out of desperation and bias.

Devin Harris - huge bust
Livingston - poor work ethic/condition/injury prone
Pavel Podkolzine was selected # 21...he's not even playing basketball anymore. Before you talk about Smith, talk about the real underachievers.

Effort?, he gets better each season and will continue to get better. Your articles are from a Hip Hop site, I cleaned my ass with that garbage. Do you research and learn from legit sources. No one in the NBA is an angel, but you can't deny a young 6"9 230 SF/PF who rebounds, blocks, steals, scores, post up, creates and has potential to be a decent shooter; while improving in all these aspects each season.

Stop acting like Smith is like the players we got the on the roster. Isiah said we were going to go young, but never a legit elite young player like Josh Smith. Just underachieving one dimensional losers like Crawford and Curry. Josh Smith has so many dimensions you have to be profoundly retarded not to want him.

Blocking shots makes you a good defender, not an all around defender, but good.

Who gets mistaken for Bill Russel? I'm starting to think this thread made you retarded. I apologize if I disabled you.

btw, could you stop bolding the most contradicting useless statements? You're running around in circles. I know his weaknesses, everyone in the NBA has their weaknesses. Josh Smith is a B level player, better than anything we have on this team right now, our best player is probably at best a B- level player. Adding him to the roster would piss me off because you already know I want this roster dismantled into pieces, then Josh Smith can come along and do his thing without playing with two soft pussies like Crawford and Curry.

Josh Smith would be a nice piece to add, AFTER we dump all our losers, understand? Its really simple. I don't want Josh Smith to run the franchise, but he would be a great complimentary player like how he is in Atlanta(winning team).

Do you pay attention? I said its the start of a plan. You have to have a start for every plan.

Dude all I have to say is that it must take many years of special ed to be as dumb as you are. It's amazing to me how you can't just admit that you're wrong about anything or that you just might not 'know it all'. It's ok to not know something bro. It's ok to be wrong about something I'm not gonna take away your crown from being king of knicks online. For your sake I'll just pretend that you're hazing me because I have a hard time believing that anybody could be this ignorant because a lot of your other posts are terrific.

You're like one of these guys that watches the highlights then looks at numbers and judges everything based on that. Hell, I bet you also collect basketball sneakers and think that somehow that makes you a better basketball fan.

I'm not going to really respond to what you wrote because what's the point? You either don't have the courtesy or just flat out refuse to read anything I write and basically keep repeating what you said to me originally, over and over and over again. It's almost as if your logic (if one can call it that) is, 'if I say the same things over and over again then I must be right'. No it doesn't make you right, it makes you look dumber then Eddy Curry.

I suggest you first play the game yourself, then watch games, like you watch Knick games because based on what you say and how you form your arguments I honestly don't think you've watched a lot of these guys play.

Lastly just because you say you're right about something it doesn't mean you are. In fact it not only makes you like childish it makes you look very insecure. I would like to think that you're better then that.

metrocard

Legend
The most expensive pair of sneakers I have are starburys, I'm not a sneaker head. I don't have time to watch ESPN, I re watch recorded games on http://linkshare.blogcu.com/, and chat with international and NBA scouts from draftexpress.com, I'm sure its a million times more than anything you do. I'm a huge NBA fan/Knicks fan, basketball and boxing are my most addictive sports to follow. So when you say something wrong, I have to correct you, especially something terribly wrong by downplaying Josh Smith as an "underachiever". So foolish.

Once again, you've been proven wrong in everything; so you now you're assuming me to be this "sneakerhead/ESPN junkie" so you could look more credible, when in reality you're the least credible poster in this forum at this point. Its really funny that it got to the point you're trying to "figure" me out, instead of going back to your defeat arguement. People here know I have a shitload of sources, and I'm not saying I'm smarter than you all I'm saying is that you need to reread what you write, and what I write and be more understanding on this arguement. This is your problem and one of your biggest weaknesses as a poster. Don't get upset because I stand strong on my point and you keep running from yours. You have to be a really ignorant person to not atleast credit me for the facts I digged up to end this silly thing, I mean even I gave you a little credit for the little things you digged up(I was pretty drunk though), so why its time to stop being so stubborn and kiss the ring, I'm the Godfather. Now you're wasting my time with you.

Everyone may continue with their trade ideas and using the ESPN trade machine, House Special has been ended.

metrocard

Legend
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...207~687~3194~1017&teams=18~18~16~16&te=&cash=
My trade. Like I say, and Metro says all the time. TRADE FOR DRAFT PICKS, and Expiring contracts..
Knicks trade Zach Randolph, and Wilson Chandler along with a 2008 2nd round pick for Theo Ratliff, Michael Doleac, and 2008 1st round pick.

Yessir!!! Getting two loterry picks would be optimal and a step to the right direction.

I don't even know if T'Wolves are gonna trade Ratcliff expiring though, we're such in a bad position thanks to Thomas

The most expensive pair of sneakers I have are starburys, I'm not a sneaker head. I don't have time to watch ESPN, I re watch recorded games on http://linkshare.blogcu.com/, and chat with international and NBA scouts from draftexpress.com, I'm sure its a million times more than anything you do. I'm a huge NBA fan/Knicks fan, basketball and boxing are my most addictive sports to follow. So when you say something wrong, I have to correct you, especially something terribly wrong by downplaying Josh Smith as an "underachiever". So foolish.

Once again, you've been proven wrong in everything; so you now you're assuming me to be this "sneakerhead/ESPN junkie" so you could look more credible, when in reality you're the least credible poster in this forum at this point. Its really funny that it got to the point you're trying to "figure" me out, instead of going back to your defeat arguement. People here know I have a shitload of sources, and I'm not saying I'm smarter than you all I'm saying is that you need to reread what you write, and what I write and be more understanding on this arguement. This is your problem and one of your biggest weaknesses as a poster. Don't get upset because I stand strong on my point and you keep running from yours. You have to be a really ignorant person to not atleast credit me for the facts I digged up to end this silly thing, I mean even I gave you a little credit for the little things you digged up(I was pretty drunk though), so why its time to stop being so stubborn and kiss the ring, I'm the Godfather. Now you're wasting my time with you.

Everyone may continue with their trade ideas and using the ESPN trade machine, House Special has been ended.

blah, blah, blah, blah

You're a tool.