Washington Wizards vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/14

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Washington Wizards(20-16) vs The New York Knicks(10-26)
Tuesday, January 14 at 7:30pm ET live on MSG​

Welcome to the MSGknickz33 pregame show. Im your host Jazzy Jeff and its time to break down Tuesday nights game at Madison Square Garden. The Knicks are coming off an impressive 24 point victory over the Detroit Pistons. The Knicks will be without their best player Stephon Marbury for at least the next 2 months. There is a chance he will never play for the Knicks again which is something Im sure alot of players on this team would like to be able to say. With that being said the Knicks will look to find another lucky performance against the Washington Wizards.

The Wizards have played the Celtics twice in the past 3 days and now they will play the Knicks twice in 3 days. They beat the Hawks and somehow beat the Celtics twice. The Wizards should be able to improve to 22 and 16 against the Knicks but who knows, maybe Crawford or Randolph will have a good game.

STARTING LINEUPS

The Washington Wizards

pg-Antonio Daniels
sg-Deshawn Stevenson
sf-Caron Butler
pf-Antawn Jamison
C-Brendan Haywood

And Now Your New York Knicks!!!!!

At Point Guard, Jamal Crawford
At Shooting Guard, Fred Jones
At Small Forward, Quentin Richardson
At Power Forward, Zach Randolph
At Center, Eddy Curry

Key Matchup: Zach Randolph vs Antawn Jamison

The Knicks are in need of alot of things but some offense from Zach Randolph would help. This team is poor defensively and offfensively. Its not easy to chose a key matchup with this group of players. With that bein said they will need some offense to keep them in the game and Z-Bo is capable of supplying that.

Knicks Pregame Plan brought to you by MSG33

• Defense!?!??? The Wizards are the 10th best team offensively so the Knicks need to play defense.
  • Box Out. Washington is the 8th best rebounding team.
  • Play Balkman!!! He can play defense!!!!! (Dont play Jeffries and Rose)
  • Play Lee!!! We need rebounds, layups, dunks and teamplay!!!!
  • Put Balkman on Caron Butler (37.8 3pt%, Wizards best 3pt shooter)

Antawn Jamison has been on a rebounding machine the past 5 games. The Knicks will not have an answer for him.

Last 5 games:

40.6mpg
17.4pts
12.6rbs

Same goes for Caron Butler.

Last 5 games:

41mpg
19.8pts
6.8rbs

Maybe Antonio Daniels or Nich Young will go for 25 against the Knicks.

Im Jazzy Jeff and that was my pregame show. Tune in Tuesday night to catch the Wizards and the Knicks live on MSG.

Last edited:
man I really hope they use Sunday nights game as a stepping stone to some sort of victory. With Gilbert out, we really gotta thrive against this wizard team. We need this one if we wanna have a shot for the playoffs. Why? To show that we can play like a playoff team for more then 1 game at a time.

jimkcchief88

All Star
With our "best player" out for the rest of the season and hopefully done as a Knick I might invest in the NBA "Half-Pass" so I can check out the rest of the season. The worm has turned for us true believers and without Arenas there is nothing scary about the Wiz. We will be alright as long as our frontcourt puts the clamps on Jamison. We can easily win this game and build some momentum heading into the All-Star break. Go Knicks!!!

Trin_Starr

Starter
The wizards beat the Celtics twice this season - including a win last night...
I don't think the knicks can win this one.
The game against the Pistons was a lucky break that we caught them exhausted from a double OT loss the night b4 and at the end of their road trip

But I'll be watching the game anyway just to see my boy balkman cause some damage - It's about time Isiah started playing him.

Kiyaman

Legend
Washington Wizards Head Coach Eddie Jordan and (Assistant) Mike O'Koren has been the BEST two offense/defense MASTER Coaches in the NBA league since the 2001-2 seasons.

When Marbury refuse to play to these two assistant coaches offense/defense PLAN on the Nets they had Head Coach Byron Scott and President Ron Thorn trade Marbury with the quickness out of NewJersey.

Head Coach "Eddie Jordan & Mike O'Koren" is the number one reason why I am always getting on Isiah Thomas selection of traded players and his so-call coaching style of these players in his rotation.

What these Two coaches did for the Nets roster "Two consecutive trips to the FINALS", and then clean house of the "CANCER-PLAYERS" on the Nets and the Wizards of the players that refuse to play to their "Game-PLAN".

I am no longer suprised about any kind of success that Coach Eddie Jordan & Mike O'Koren have with their team in the NBA. Their Coaching style of mediocre NBA players are so good that the next team thinks these players are Star Quality Players.

Comming up with a sure PLAN to beat the Boston BIG-3 Celtics Twice is something I expect from Coach Jordan & O'Koren.

P.S. Recall after the Knicks beat the Wizards last season James Dolan immediately gave Isiah Thomas an extension on his contract.

GetRealistic

Starter
The Wiz are coming off two wins against the Celtics, and this is the second game of a back to back, so hopefully the Wiz have a let down and we win.

Knicks win this one.

Also Kiyaman. I agree that Eddie Jordan is a good coach, but Caron Butler and Jamison are much more then mediocre players. Caron Butler is a legit player who has always been under the radar because he played with Dwyane Wade and now Agent 0

jimkcchief88

All Star
Kiron Butler had a great game last night, but I think Balkman can shut him down. I'm more worried about our frontcourt not letting Antoine Jamison go crazy. He is hard to handle.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
Balkman is once again the player we need to play if we have any hope of winning! He needs to keep Caron Butler quiet and just be an annoyance to the wiz! We could do with a few more block and dunk moments again. Nate and Lee will once again be our major playrs. jeffries and rose should stay in the locker room!!!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Balkman is once again the player we need to play if we have any hope of winning! He needs to keep Caron Butler quiet and just be an annoyance to the wiz! We could do with a few more block and dunk moments again. Nate and Lee will once again be our major playrs. jeffries and rose should stay in the locker room!!!!

I hope to see Balkman get at least 25 minutes and Nate should get his chance as a starter. I would still keep Fred Jones in the starting lineup and have pussy i mean Crawford on the bench. Nate and Freddy Jones are alot tougher then Crawford and thats what we need, some toughness.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The two people the Knicks will have to focus on is Caron Butler and
Antawn Jamison.Since Quentin Richardson can't shoot and Zach Randolph Can't play defense, Richardson will have to try and contain Butler to 20 points or less, and Zach Randolph will have to match Antawn Jamison's scoring output.The Knicks definitely have a chance to win this one, if they play hard. The Knicks have played well against the Wizards, in recent years, and they have a blowout win over the Wizards last year, at the Garden,and not that it matters, but Quentin Richardson poured in 35 points against the Wizards last year as well.The Knicks have been playing hard over their last 6 games, and they will have to continue to do so, If they want to at least get 30 wins.I will give the Knicks the benefit of the doubt and say they win. But it wouldn't surprise me if they lose, since they have not had a 2 game winning streak since November.:2cents:

The Washington Wizards(20-16) vs The New York Knicks(10-26)

Tuesday, January 14 at 7:30pm ET live on MSG

Welcome to the MSGknickz33 pregame show. Im your host Jazzy Jeff and its time to break down Tuesday nights game at Madison Square Garden. The Knicks are coming off an impressive 24 point victory over the Detroit Pistons. The Knicks will be without their best player Stephon Marbury for at least the next 2 months. There is a chance he will never play for the Knicks again which is something Im sure alot of players on this team would like to be able to say. With that being said the Knicks will look to find another lucky performance against the Washington Wizards.

The Wizards have played the Celtics twice in the past 3 days and now they will play the Knicks twice in 3 days. They beat the Hawks and somehow beat the Celtics twice. The Wizards should be able to improve to 22 and 16 against the Knicks but who knows, maybe Crawford or Randolph will have a good game.

STARTING LINEUPS

The Washington Wizards

pg-Antonio Daniels
sg-Deshawn Stevenson
sf-Caron Butler
pf-Antawn Jamison
C-Brendan Haywood

And Now Your New York Knicks!!!!!

At Point Guard, Jamal Crawford
At Shooting Guard, Fred Jones
At Small Forward, Quentin Richardson
At Power Forward, Zach Randolph
At Center, Eddy Curry

Key Matchup: Zach Randolph vs Antawn Jamison

The Knicks are in need of alot of things but some offense from Zach Randolph would help. This team is poor defensively and offfensively. Its not easy to chose a key matchup with this group of players. With that bein said they will need some offense to keep them in the game and Z-Bo is capable of supplying that.

Knicks Pregame Plan brought to you by MSG33
  • Defense!?!??? The Wizards are the 10th best team offensively so the Knicks need to play defense.
  • Box Out. Washington is the 8th best rebounding team.
  • Play Balkman!!! He can play defense!!!!! (Dont play Jeffries and Rose)
  • Play Lee!!! We need rebounds, layups, dunks and teamplay!!!!
  • Put Balkman on Caron Butler (37.8 3pt%, Wizards best 3pt shooter)

Antawn Jamison has been on a rebounding machine the past 5 games. The Knicks will not have an answer for him.

Last 5 games:

40.6mpg
17.4pts
12.6rbs

Same goes for Caron Butler.

Last 5 games:

41mpg
19.8pts
6.8rbs

Maybe Antonio Daniels or Nich Young will go for 25 against the Knicks.

Im Jazzy Jeff and that was my pregame show. Tune in Tuesday night to catch the Wizards and the Knicks live on MSG.

Ths knicks need to win three straight at least to gain some confidence. this team has never won more than 2 straight. i rlly wish that the knicks would win this game, but every time i have hope, it shatters(badly 2!) lets all just hope that sunday's game against detroit means something good in the end.

Pricey

Rotation player
Knicks will win, even if they dont my mood cant change.
My new wifes parents just gave us $40k towards a house. Im getting on the piss tonight lol.

GO U KNICKS!!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks will have to give Balkman 24 or more minutes in this game alongside of Lee & Nate for either Crawford, Zach, and Curry to be effective on offense.
Balkman is much more effective on offense than Q.Richardson & Jefferies, plus Balkman is learning and not afraid to draw oponents into making an offensive foul.

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
Did I Just Hear Or See Isiah Praise Fred Jones Saying The Knicks Move The Ball When Fred Jones Is Running The Point? Isiah Is Such A Phony, Is That A Slap In The Face For Steph? I Can't Believe Isiah Can Make Such A Statement Because The Knicks Beat The Detroit Pistons In A Game In Which The Opposing Team Played 4 Games In 5 Days. Lol, The Next Statement Will Be The Knicks Will Win A Championship When Jamal Averages 50.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Someones gonna score 40pts tonight, I dont see anyone stoppin Jamison. I dont think Isiah will be smart enough to play Balkman most the game so Butler could also have a big game. Isiahs gotta give Nate big minutes, we need offense. I expect nothin defensivley so the Knicks need to look to outscore their opponents, which isnt happening. I think I mite start making game threads that cover other games so I have more to talk about. Theres really nothin to talk about with the Knicks and things will get repetitive real fast. Anyone whos still talkin about the playoffs needs to sell me some of whatever there smokin.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Knicks need some defense like this, check out that behind the back punch at 2 minutes

Pernell Whitaker knew sumthin about defense, Sweat P was unhittable in his prime.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
We know what the haters of a certain player are gonna say but Washington mite be tired like the Pistons were. It must take some energy to beat the Celtics twice in a row. If we beat the Wizards does that make us better then the Celtics? This is the same thing as saying we are a better team without that certain player. Both statements are not true.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
has something clicked?... although we are playing against yet another winded team I like our aggression on D and ball movement from the get go. Isiah must of said no1 is allowed to hold the ball for more then 3 secs cause i can't understand what happen to this team... I also like the balkman and jeffries combo cause of the active hands that lead to break points

Last edited:
wow unbelievable-we just watched a 20 point lead litterally disappear into thin air-what happeened? i guess theres a time limit to our sucess
But overall, a good half.