rumored isiah trade ideas

NYKnicks15

Starter
first ingenious isiah deal... 1. Milwaukee Bucks get Zach Randolph & Renaldo Balkman. Knicks get Bobby Simmons, Dan Gadzuric and Charlie Villenueva... DISGUSTING. If this is true which i doubt is because it said Harris denied this trade. But this would be HORRIBLE FOR US. 2. Miami Heat get Stephon Marbury. Knicks get Jason Williams and Ricky Davis and take on Smush. This makes a lot of sense and im sure Balkman would be included or someother player but we get too decent players... that expire next year! doesnt seem like an isiah trade... but it seems Riley would be the desperate one orchestrating it. GREAT TRADE. 3. Sacramento Kings who are looking to dump contracts. unless it involved bibby this deal would most likely have artest as the main piece and us taking on KThomas and Rahims horrible contracts. now if he was smart hed trade Randolph and Marbs and Balkman for Bibby, Artest, Thomas and another. wouldnt be GREAT buttttt its the best we could take in reality. im not lookin for trade ideas. justttt lets start with how bad that first trade is. talk amongst yourselves haha

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
yea man Miami deal wouldent hurt? Davis is a 3 point shooter and hes iight...but eh idk...and yea BALKMAN BE BALLING HARD OUT THERE MAN! impressed impressed

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
I do not like any of those trades.

All I want is to get a young promising centre. Who can block shots and score when need (think Horford), we do not need Williams or Ricky Davis. Marbury is a good point guard and has really changed this team.

What has killed this team, is lack of defence which Marbury is part of but is not the problem.

In past Isiah has been in bad positions, and what has he done? Traded and put us in worst positions. We got Francis (sigh) and then traded for Randolph. I don't mind Randolph but I prefer Lee. Randolph and Curry cannot play together. One of them has to go.

The knicks need a defender and a young centre. We dont need any shooting guards.

Keep Steph (his value is low and we will get ripped of)
Lee
Balkman
Robinson
Chandler

Trade

Crawford
Randolph
Lee

To get the players we need we should only limit our trading.

NYKnicks15

Starter
we need to dump contracts. thatd be nice. maybe a first round pick in the miami deal would be nice as well? i like marbury. you seem to love marbury. but regardless he is not a solution here. no one in the lockerroom even likes him. im not saying our team is great and we should listen to the other scrubs BUT if its 14 + the coach against 1 then get rid of the one.

metrocard

Legend
we need to dump contracts. thatd be nice. maybe a first round pick in the miami deal would be nice as well? i like marbury. you seem to love marbury. but regardless he is not a solution here. no one in the lockerroom even likes him. im not saying our team is great and we should listen to the other scrubs BUT if its 14 + the coach against 1 then get rid of the one.

Well said. I'm all for letting Marbury go, as well 90% of the roster go. It was time to start over 3 years ago, we've 3 years late...its only going to get worse.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Isiah needs to stop doing patchwork to the shit he created.
Dolan is an ass if he continues to let Isiah orchestrate trades...the dude brought in Randolph and is ready to trade already - Dolan's got to see that Isiah has no idea of what he is doing.

I wouldn't mind seeing Marbury go to Miami though.
I think he, wade, haslem and shaq can cause some damage.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Article from Sacramento Bee, Wednesday, January 16, 2008

...The larger question that will receive increased attention as the Feb. 21 trade deadline approaches, though, is whether Artest and Bibby will be back for long. Both players have options in their contracts that would allow them to become free agents this summer, but Bibby is expected to play his final year while earning $14.5 million while Artest's salary due of $7.4 million makes it likely he will exercise his early termination option.

They remain the most talked about trade bait in the league, with Cleveland the most known interested party for the point guard and the Knicks long intrigued with the prospect of adding the small forward. Miami has shown an interest in both players in the past but is believed to be more focused on Artest at the moment.

But according to two league sources who didn't want to be identified because of the private nature of trade talks, New York has an interest in Bibby, as well. Yet a possible obstacle in those dealings could be forward David Lee. The athletic second-year big man out of Florida represents the very sort of piece the Kings are coveting as they enter this new rebuilding era at a pace of measured and patient deliberation. Lee has upside galore and a contract (two years and combined $2.8 million remaining) that lends itself to a more sane salary cap.

That desire for a younger, cheaper forward revealed itself in November, as well, when Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie reportedly pursued a sign-and-trade for young Cavaliers forward Anderson Varejao. It was at least the second time Petrie had considered acquiring Varejao, the first coming in February when discussions between the Kings and Cavs over a deal involving Bibby and Cleveland forward Drew Gooden continued until the final minutes of the trade deadline. And just as Lee could still be unavailable, the same goes for Varejao, who has since secured a five-year, $32 million deal after his holdout early this season.

Ironically, Theus discussed Lee's attributes recently while making a loose comparison between Lee and Orlando center Dwight Howard.

"(Lee) is a heck of a player, a guy you don't have to run offense for," Theus said. "David Lee can't shoot his way out of a paper bag, but David Lee can play. He rebounds hard, and every time he rebounds it, he's trying to dunk it, and every time he gets around the basket he's got good hands."

Yet both sources said Knicks coach and team president Isiah Thomas still refuses to give up Lee, which will matter as long as Knicks owner James Dolan doesn't fire Thomas. And while fans at Madison Square Garden continue calling for Thomas' head, what happens in New York in the coming weeks certainly could affect the Kings.

If Thomas is fired as team president, it is believed the Knicks would reconsider various offers Thomas has recently rebuffed. Among them are scenarios that include guard Jamal Crawford leaving town, and another – according to a source – that would have put New Jersey shooting guard Vince Carter in a Knicks uniform. Interestingly, Crawford is believed to be on Cleveland's radar as well, not surprising considering the Cavs continue to look for pieces to surround LeBron James.

The Kings as they currently appear, of course, have an issue of their own to worry about.

"We have to wait and see how it turns out, see how everybody plays together and see how we feed off each other," Bibby said. "You never know until you get out there on the court."

I would love for Bibby and Artest to come here but I don't want to give up Lee. I wonder who Cleveland was offering for Crawford?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Why trade Marbury at all? We will only add salary. Isn't that a bad thing? Why not count it as a loss and buy Marbury out? The alternative is trading Marbury and Balkman for more contracts. I don't like it. Buy him out and keep Balkman.

I don't know if any of you's read it, on hoopshype.com in one of the articles it says Isiah didn't pull the trigger when he had an opportunity to put Vince
Carter in a knicks uniform. I think that is exactly what we could've used a consistent shooting guard/small forward that puts up good numbers every night.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
i know we are always wanting to get rid of crawford but a the moment hes putting up some high scoring numbers. Yes i know thats all he does but i just dont wanna get ripped off and see him hittin 2 a night off the bench at another team while we get landed with another q rich type SG.
I dont wanna see balkman, lee or nate leave either. Thats the future of the franchise right ther!
Trev ariza should have been there aswel. Thats gotta be up there with the worst things thats happened to us!!!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't want Isiah to trade anyone. Isiah has no idea what he's doing, and he will just do another stupid deal.There's people on the Knicks that I feel deserve to be traded,but he won't trade any of these people, so it's pointless to mention them.If Isiah were to make a trade, he'd probably trade a first round draft pick, or trade a player that doesn't deserve to get traded.I don't trust Isiah, and I don't think he deserves to be trusted either.

George M.

Benchwarmer
Starters

Our starting lineup has 3 things missing.1- a pass first PG.2- a SF that's a good defender and a good 3pt. shooter.3- a shotblocking,rebounding defensive presence with an optional mid range jumper.Even with Randolph as our best and versatile inside scorer and Crawford as our SG we still lack these 3 players in our starting lineup.